When will we ever see an Heritage Day for white British/Europeans.

Facts like there were people here first that weren't white?

Facts like the 'white' people brought Chinese & E Indian indentured workers and black slaves with them?

Facts like the 'non-whites' couldn't vote, hold office or even had to pay a head tax?

Facts like the entire BS of a 'white heritage' is absurd as Europeans are from so many differing cultures and skin tones that there's little in common. That the common usage of "white" = "Aryan"?

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2023 at 7:52 PM, herbie said:

That's the most disgusting opinion I've seen any bigot post from this side of the border. You openly declare yourself exactly as one of the people I referred to. Byew Bye. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Truth hurts, doesn't it, Herbert. LOL. So, who the hell do you believe founded and settled North America? Non-whites or as lefty liberals like you like to call them "people of color"? Three racists and anti-white words for sure. 

Good bye is right. You are definitely one of the dullest bulbs in the batch. And make sure that you take all of your lefty liberal bad rubbish with you when you leave. Bye-bye. 

On 6/27/2023 at 9:03 AM, CdnFox said:

Whites (especially males) are often not welcome to apply for various job postings, whites have been attacked by other groups such as first nations in obvious acts of racial hatred

Hey!  .  .  .  what about Iron Eyes Cody?

Tears and garbage  .  .  .  Espera Oscar de Corti  sent a good message.  ?

On 6/27/2023 at 7:38 PM, herbie said:

Facts like there were people here first that weren't white?

So you're saying the ones who were here first own the land?

So how come we pay tribute to the Algonquin locally, for owning the land? They weren't the first. They murdered the people who were here before them, the Huron, and drove the survivors far away. Yet we still say the Algonquin have all the rights, not the Huron. Why is that? Shouldn't we be spitting on the Algonquin as murdering colonizers and paying tribute to the Huron?

Or, if being bigger and strong is what matters, then the land is ours and it doesn't matter who was here earlier.

Which is it?

Facts like the 'white' people brought Chinese & E Indian indentured workers and black slaves with them?

The funny thing about white people is in the long and broad history of world slavery, which goes back as far as recorded writing and existed in every corner of the globe, no one ever voluntarily got rid of slavery until the white men did it. Then they used their imperialist power to force all the other people who didn't want to ban slavery to do so anyway. 

Facts like the 'non-whites' couldn't vote, hold office or even had to pay a head tax?

Facts like we let them vote without any need to do so? We just voluntarily extended the vote to non-whites. How about that! And we generously let others come and live here for a small fee!

Facts like the entire BS of a 'white heritage' is absurd as Europeans are from so many differing cultures and skin tones that there's little in common. That the common usage of "white" = "Aryan"?

So then we should say there's no such thing as indigenous heritage or pride, nor black pride or uh black history? No black history month? No gay pride either. After all, there's lots of different kinds of gay people.

And no one uses the term 'Aryan' but crazies of the Left and Right.

Whites are the only group that aren't permitted to say they have any kind of sense of history or unity or pride. For some reason no one can quite explain without being entirely hypocritical.

Edited by I am Groot

On 6/27/2023 at 1:13 PM, CdnFox said:

Even if they are deliberately seeking more black people to help represent their product that's more likely to be an appeal to a specific demographic which is fine.

With Commercials.. this is the method behind the madness. The lower 25% of the income spectrum spend more of their income on consumption goods. Commercials are mostly for consumption goods not stocks/bonds/financial instruments. Who is generally in that lower 25%... blacks, hispanics. Put it all together and it makes sense. 

6 hours ago, I am Groot said:

Of course not, That would reveal the truth whereas one can hide behind buzzwords like White Heritage.

And FYI forst nation people do not believe anyone "owns" the land. The land owns YOU.

36 minutes ago, herbie said:

Of course not, That would reveal the truth whereas one can hide behind buzzwords like White Heritage.

And FYI forst nation people do not believe anyone "owns" the land. The land owns YOU.

IN other words you're using the term.  Well....  proves his point i guess....  :) 

51 minutes ago, herbie said:

Oh, good to know. Then I guess they'll stop demanding billions in payment for the land they never owned!

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

Oh, good to know. Then I guess they'll stop demanding billions in payment for the land they never owned!

Your settler mindset is never going to comprehend it. If you want to take something from the land they lived on, you're gonna have to share it.

Did you confuse the Bible with the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition?
Those who exploit it most will inherit the Earth.

5 minutes ago, herbie said:

Your settler mindset is never going to comprehend it. If you want to take something from the land they lived on, you're gonna have to share it.

Does that mean we get to share the bill for all the improvements as well?

And i'm pretty sure that first nations enjoy all the same rights and benefits as the rest of canada and then some on top soooo kinda sounds like there's already been a fair bit of sharing,

21 hours ago, herbie said:

Did you confuse the Bible with the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition?
Those who exploit it most will inherit the Earth.

Maybe I'm just respecting their culture more than you are. After all, THEY never operated by the rules you cite above When they took something they didn't share it. Although to be fair, they might have offered some to the dead spirits of the people they took the land from.

On 7/19/2023 at 7:20 AM, I am Groot said:

So you're saying the ones who were here first own the land?

So how come we pay tribute to the Algonquin locally, for owning the land? They weren't the first. They murdered the people who were here before them, the Huron, and drove the survivors far away. Yet we still say the Algonquin have all the rights, not the Huron. Why is that? Shouldn't we be spitting on the Algonquin as murdering colonizers and paying tribute to the Huron?

Or, if being bigger and strong is what matters, then the land is ours and it doesn't matter who was here earlier.

Which is it?

The funny thing about white people is in the long and broad history of world slavery, which goes back as far as recorded writing and existed in every corner of the globe, no one ever voluntarily got rid of slavery until the white men did it. Then they used their imperialist power to force all the other people who didn't want to ban slavery to do so anyway. 

Facts like we let them vote without any need to do so? We just voluntarily extended the vote to non-whites. How about that! And we generously let others come and live here for a small fee!

So then we should say there's no such thing as indigenous heritage or pride, nor black pride or uh black history? No black history month? No gay pride either. After all, there's lots of different kinds of gay people.

Whites are the only group that aren't permitted to say they have any kind of sense of history or unity or pride. For some reason no one can quite explain without being entirely hypocritical.

I agree with the first half of your post, but with regard to the celebrations, I don't suppose there is a black history month in Nigeria or Kenya or Angola, etc.   They just wouldn't need one. 

If white people had been taken from their homes to any of those countries as slaves and now formed part of the community there there might well be one.

Same with gay pride.  If straight people had to hide their relationships for fear of imprisonment or worse until very recently, I daresay we might have straight pride month.

I'm neither proud nor ashamed of being white.  I couldn't care less.

The very nature of the original question is racist. Hiding behind the commonly held belief among racists that only calling out derogatory names is.

Just like the belief shooting natives, putting bounties on them, infecting them with smallpox on purpose, death marches, reserves and draggin them to schools to beat their own language and culture out of them was not genocide.

We used sarin gas not ZyklonB so how could it possibly be genocide?

[/s]

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

I agree with the first half of your post, but with regard to the celebrations, I don't suppose there is a black history month in Nigeria or Kenya or Angola, etc.   They just wouldn't need one. 

I'm not actually calling for a white heritage moment or whatever. 

Though recognition of European heritage and its accomplishments might be a thing to push back against all the academic leftists spitting on it and its accomplishments, and dismissing its philosophers, writers and poets as 'dead white men'. 

If white people had been taken from their homes to any of those countries as slaves and now formed part of the community there there might well be one.

Our black people aren't the descendants of slaves. At least, not in this country. Now, maybe their descendants were slaves at some point where they came come. There were a lot of slaves in Africa, after all, until the Europeans colonized the place and put an end to it. And yeah, I'm being purposefully ironic there, but also truthful.

I'm neither proud nor ashamed of being white.  I couldn't care less.

Neither am I. But the way the media, academics and government have been acting over the past decade or more is making me feel like 'whites' are a group, because they're constantly being targeted for various abrasive descriptions and accusations as well as actively and purposefully discriminated against in hiring and promotion by government and institutions. It's also been my experience that whites in general are the least racist people in Canada, and that our immigrants (as a group) tend to be extremely racist and bigoted toward other groups. Not that they EVER get called on it by government, media, academics, or society, of course.  

15 minutes ago, herbie said:

The very nature of the original question is racist. Hiding behind the commonly held belief among racists that only calling out derogatory names is.

Just like the belief shooting natives, putting bounties on them, infecting them with smallpox on purpose, death marches, reserves and draggin them to schools to beat their own language and culture out of them was not genocide.

We used sarin gas not ZyklonB so how could it possibly be genocide?

[/s]

If we'd wanted to kill off the natives we would have. We didn't. This is demonstrably and undeniable fact. There is no evidence to support any widespread attempt to infect natives with anything. In fact, the Canadian government worked rather hard to vaccinate the natives AGAINST smallpox. The only bounties put on their heads were during wartime and I believe it was in response to their own actions. For example, the much-whined-about offer of a bounty in Nova Scotia by the British general Cownwallis put a bounty on Mi'kmaq scalps is generally well-known. What the media put much less effort into talking about was the bounty the French had on British scalps which they were paying the Mi'kmaq for. And which caused the British response. Death marches? Never heard of them. Dragging them to school? The native elders wanted their kids to be educated. They even put it in treaties that the government was required to do so.

Your incessant guilt-ridden left-wing sniveling about how we treated the natives also, as usual with your type, ignores their own behavior toward anyone they conquered, which was many times worse.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

I'm not actually calling for a white heritage moment or whatever. 

Though recognition of European heritage and its accomplishments might be a thing to push back against all the academic leftists spitting on it and its accomplishments, and dismissing its philosophers, writers and poets as 'dead white men'. 

I agree.  Nothing wrong with that idea at all, and while I have no objection to academia expanding its scope to include other inspirations than 'dead white men' I find the denigration of them ludicrous.

Various groups can have their days of celebration.  I've never heard of an English one, but I've attended Greek, Italian, Ukrainian, etc. celebrations.  There's even a Ukrainian Heritage Village just east of Edmonton.

22 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Our black people aren't the descendants of slaves. At least, not in this country. Now, maybe their descendants were slaves at some point where they came come. There were a lot of slaves in Africa, after all, until the Europeans colonized the place and put an end to it. And yeah, I'm being purposefully ironic there, but also truthful.

Well, I don't have all their genealogy to hand, but I'm sure both their ancestry and their collected experience since slavery play a part.  As with the gay community.

24 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Neither am I. But the way the media, academics and government have been acting over the past decade or more is making me feel like 'whites' are a group, because they're constantly being targeted for various abrasive descriptions and accusations as well as actively and purposefully discriminated against in hiring and promotion by government and institutions. It's also been my experience that whites in general are the least racist people in Canada, and that our immigrants (as a group) tend to be extremely racist and bigoted toward other groups. Not that they EVER get called on it by government, media, academics, or society, of course.  

I think whites in general are certainly among the least racist people anywhere.  (maybe not those in the US deep south, of course)

They have actually acknowledged racism and tried to come to terms with it.  (That acknowledgement does include some things you do not agree with though, such as affirmative action and support for diversity, multiculturalism, etc.)

I remember when I lived in the Lower Mainland I had a far more diverse group of acquaintances than I do now, and I was always surprised by the unabashed racism some groups used when referring to others.  I rarely heard a white person do that. (it's been twenty years since I lived there, but I remember finding it really interesting to visit certain ethnic restaurants with multiracial groups.  It was always the posher ones.)

As for being called on it, the left has always had a blind spot where egregious behaviour by some groups is concerned.  They have weird levels of tolerance.

3 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Is there a white history month in those places?  No? Hmmmm  :)
3 hours ago, bcsapper said:

You've heard of the irish presumably.

And white people were indeed taken from their homes and enslaved in many places around the world, no history month

Lets be clear - its not about black history.  And it isn't 'necessary'.  Any more than a 'white' history month is.

14 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Is there a white history month in those places?  No? Hmmmm  :)

Is there an equivalent white diaspora?

You've heard of the irish presumably.

And white people were indeed taken from their homes and enslaved in many places around the world, no history month

And the Italians, and the Greeks, and the Ukrainians, all of whom I already mentioned.  As I said, if people want to celebrate their culture, they do.  If the Irish are happy with St. Patrick's day, who the hell am I to say different?

Lets be clear - its not about black history.  And it isn't 'necessary'.  Any more than a 'white' history month is.

I never said it was necessary.  I just don't have a problem with it being there.  If someone could be bothered to come up with a white history month, I wouldn't have a problem with that being there either.  I would pay about the same amount of attention to both.  None.

And if it's not about black history, why call it black history month?  Just to be ornery because of the slave thing?

Edited by bcsapper

On 7/19/2023 at 1:22 PM, I am Groot said:

They never owned any land in the first place. They were just living off the land. I want to see those deeds! 

So, just what have these Indians been doing with the billions of taxpayer's tax dollars that we evil white people have been giving to them for all these decades? Pissing and smoking it all away by chance? Those native Indians should now be the riches group of ingrates in Canada by now. And nothing can get done anymore without their blessing. Canada is now at their mercy. Non-Indian Canadians are pretty much now prisoners on their own land. Want to buy a few millions of acres to build houses or a business on? You will need a native Indian Chief to say that it will be okay for anyone to do so. ☹️

2 hours ago, I am Groot said:

If we'd wanted to kill off the natives we would have. We didn't. This is demonstrably and undeniable fact. There is no evidence to support any widespread attempt to infect natives with anything. In fact, the Canadian government worked rather hard to vaccinate the natives AGAINST smallpox. The only bounties put on their heads were during wartime and I believe it was in response to their own actions. For example, the much-whined-about offer of a bounty in Nova Scotia by the British general Cownwallis put a bounty on Mi'kmaq scalps is generally well-known. What the media put much less effort into talking about was the bounty the French had on British scalps which they were paying the Mi'kmaq for. And which caused the British response. Death marches? Never heard of them. Dragging them to school? The native elders wanted their kids to be educated. They even put it in treaties that the government was required to do so.

Your incessant guilt-ridden left-wing sniveling about how we treated the natives also, as usual with your type, ignores their own behavior toward anyone they conquered, which was many times worse.

The woke leftist liberals here seem to have forgotten that before old whitey came along many native Indian tribes were killing one another. The many native Indian tribes in Canada would go out on war party's and kill their next door neighbor Indians. The British quickly put a stop to those killings. As far as I am concerned, the native Indians of today would never want to go back to the good old days and ways. They now enjoy way too much old whitey's money and toys. ?

Is there an equivalent white diaspora?

If there isn't why not? I know it's frequently said that in places like that white people are prejudiced against.

Could it be nobody's telling white people they can't get ahead?

And the Italians, and the Greeks, and the Ukrainians, all of whom I already mentioned.  As I said, if people want to celebrate their culture, they do.  If the Irish are happy with St. Patrick's day, who the hell am I to say different?

So if whites want to celebrate their heritage you're fine with it right?  A white pride month is cool? I mean - if people want to celebrate their culutre...  :)

Black isn't a culture.  It's just a race.  there are as many different black heritages as white.

I never said it was necessary

Well if you go back and read you suggested that it wasn't necessary for whites which were being compared to blacks - which pretty strongly suggests it's necessary for blacks in your opinion.

Here's the deal - celebrating a 'racial' heritage rather than a cultural heritage has never really worked out well for any society anywhere.   But - if we're going to do that then we should do it for all the races - why not celebrate what the white races have achieved? We are without argument the most successful race in the world.  And next up are the chinese and other orientals - how about a month for them? theyr'e probably number two on the list of most successful and held number one for quite a while. Both have much to be proud of.

But people instantly feel that 'white pride' is wrong.  Italian? fine. greek? Fine. But not WHITE!!  

So why black?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

If there isn't why not? I know it's frequently said that in places like that white people are prejudiced against.

Could it be nobody's telling white people they can't get ahead?

I suppose it's because white people either always lived in the best places, or conquered them and then lived in them. 

I don't know what your third sentence there is asking.

6 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

So if whites want to celebrate their heritage you're fine with it right?  A white pride month is cool? I mean - if people want to celebrate their culutre...  :)

Black isn't a culture.  It's just a race.  there are as many different black heritages as white.

I said that.

If someone could be bothered to come up with a white history month, I wouldn't have a problem with that being there either.  I would pay about the same amount of attention to both.  None.

9 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Well if you go back and read you suggested that it wasn't necessary for whites which were being compared to blacks - which pretty strongly suggests it's necessary for blacks in your opinion.

Here's the deal - celebrating a 'racial' heritage rather than a cultural heritage has never really worked out well for any society anywhere.   But - if we're going to do that then we should do it for all the races - why not celebrate what the white races have achieved? We are without argument the most successful race in the world.  And next up are the chinese and other orientals - how about a month for them? theyr'e probably number two on the list of most successful and held number one for quite a while. Both have much to be proud of.

But people instantly feel that 'white pride' is wrong.  Italian? fine. greek? Fine. But not WHITE!!  

So why black?

Well, no, you can substitute want for need if you like.  I don't think they are necessary. 

But that's just me.  I'm not going to tell anyone else, you or them, what to find necessary.  If you want a white heritage/history month, organize one.  Like I said earlier, I'll just ignore it.  Just like I do with black history month.

The same goes for white pride.  If someone feels it, okay.  I don't have a problem with that.  I don't feel any pride or shame in my whiteness.  I suppose the reason white pride is looked down on is because of the relative positions in our society of the proponents of pride/heritage/history celebrations.  The same with gay pride celebrations.

So they didn't kill all of them. Therefore a failed genocide is not a genocide at all in your books, eh?

And we stopped them from killing each other by sheer firepower too. Sounds like a top generals thinking during the Vietnam war. And ignoring the fact the English, French, Spanish, Portugese were constantly warring  in orders of magnitude more over who should be the colonizers.

Good God, the levels of hatred and resentment towards native people is on full display on this site in almost every thread.

• Like 1