When will we ever see an Heritage Day for white British/Europeans.

So, we now have Heritage Days for Native Indians, Sikhs, Asians, Blacks, gays and whoever will come next. They all get a month of worship and adulation for their contributions to Canada. Okay.

So, my question is? When will we ever get to see an Heritage Day for the white British and Europeans. After all, were we not here first(sans Native Indians)and settled and built up this once great British European country. Do we not need to be also seen as the other people of color as just as important as those mentioned above? This smacks to me of racism and being racist. The white people have done plenty to make this country work, and they should be recognized for their contributions to Canada. 

The time is long overdue. What say you? ?

What a topic.  That you sat there thinking about this and decided this was a good conversation topic is wonderful.  We all needed this.  Us white folk get so little representation and respect these days that a day, hell more like a week, is needed to ensure that we're not left behind.  WHITE LIVES MATTER!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, eyeball said:

When will we ever see an Heritage Day for white British/EuropeaEuropea

Isn't that Xmas?

Only if the British/European/ people were Pagans

3 hours ago, herbie said:

The other 350 days a year aren't enough?

It's more like 350 days of no recognition at all. In those 350 days, there is not one day that celebrates white British and European heritage days. The other ignored people of color are denied a day of celebrating their contributions to Canada.

Days like St. Patrick's Day is not celebrating a white British European heritage or history day. St. Pats Day is for the Irish and that day becomes a party and a drunk fest for the Irish. ?

3 hours ago, Moonbox said:

What a topic.  That you sat there thinking about this and decided this was a good conversation topic is wonderful.  We all needed this.  Us white folk get so little representation and respect these days that a day, hell more like a week, is needed to ensure that we're not left behind.  WHITE LIVES MATTER!

Well, someone has to speak up for the white British Europeans in this country. Everything about Canada these days is always about celebrating all non-white foreign religions, cultures, languages and traditions and you appear to be quite happy with that. Why you seem to have a problem with having a white British/European Day being declared is beyond me. I guess that you are not proud enough of your white skin, culture and traditions and heritage. 

WHITE LIVES DO MATTER. I am surprised that I have not been called a white supremacist racist yet. As if I would care if someone did so. If someone did, I would take it as a badge of honor. ?

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

When will we ever see an Heritage Day for white British/EuropeaEuropea

Isn't that Xmas?

Then it should be said that celebrating Christmas is to be recognized as being a history and heritage week or month for the white British/European people of Canada. But then again, Christmas is celebrated by other people of other non-white colors in many non-white countries. So, I guess that won't work. Nice try though, eyeball. ?

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I get 10 stat holidays a year, by my account four are civic holidays and six follow British, canadian, or Christian traditions from our heritage.

There's no white skin celebration day, but go ahead.

So, just what are those 6 days anyway that you seem to feel that white folk are celebrating white British/European Days?

Example: Celebrating Victoria day is celebrating a queens birthday. Nothing in there that says that we are celebrating a white British/European Day on a queens birthday. Indeed, we do not celebrate a white skin day at all in Canada today. 

But anyways, my NDP neighbor, show me something in those six days that says that we are indeed celebrating a white British/European Day? I know that you will ignore me asking this of you. But what else is new with you. But go ahead, surprise me. ?

4 minutes ago, herbie said:

WTF would you want to celebrate being white for?

I didn't think we needed one till i saw that  :)

i don't think we do - but then i don't think we need any of the other race specifc days either.

I kind of like the idea of recognizing the more important holidays for each culture. Ramadan, chrismas and huannaka which i've never spelled right and am not looking up now, or victoria day or mennonte festivals or whatever

I  wouldn't hold your  breath tho. Remember when people put up signs saying "it's ok to be white" and people completely lost their crap freaking about what a racist statement it was?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Being proud of being white is just so hollow. You have no control over this and so being proud of something that you have no control over is just strange. Being proud of your decisions and accomplishments.. legit. However, you have control over those. 

So you'd say black heritage days or first nations heritage days etc would be equally foolish?

I don't disagree entirely btw - but just being clear that you're against the concept across the board.

21 hours ago, taxme said:

What say you? ?

I don't view British as being an ethnicity

for example, before the Chinese Communists overran it

I would assert that Hong Kong was the most British jurisdiction on earth

as far as Canada goes, Canada is French

we British only took it as a war prize upon the Plains of Abraham

British is a franchise, anybody can be British

15 hours ago, herbie said:

Victoria Day... then what's that?

WTF would you want to celebrate being white for?

WTF. Victoria Day is celebrating a past queens birthday. That day does not promote a white heritage or history day week or month, lefty.  

And why should white people not celebrate being white? White people should be celebrating their skin color for what they have done to make the world what it is today. A better place to live and thrive.

Black people and Native Indians as examples celebrate their being who they are. I do not know the color of your skin? How about telling me as to what skin color you are wearing so we can go from there? Well lefty, are you brave enough to do so? I am waiting. ? 

Why would I oppose Christian European people? i are one.
From 2 different European heritages and 2 different Christian denominations neither of which promoted hatred and disrespect unlike your so called Christianity.

Perhaps if you were of a group that endured hundreds of years being shamed, you'd demand to 'celebrate' (which to them simply means not be ashamed) too.

1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

Being proud of being white is just so hollow. You have no control over this and so being proud of something that you have no control over is just strange.

equally strange is people who self flagellate for being white

white guilt is just as strange as white supremacy

and they are interelated

in that, if deep down they didn't think that they were supreme, then what are they feeling guilty about ?

3 minutes ago, taxme said:

Victoria Day is celebrating a past queens birthday. That day does not promote a white heritage or history day week or month

Stupidest claim ever advanced. Celebrating the birthday of the icon of British colonialism is not "white" enough for you?

• Like 1

Not nearly white enough.  Neither is celebrating Thanksgiving (pioneers and colonists coming to Europe), Halloween (European pagan tradition), Christmas or Good Friday.

If it doesn't explicitly say, "WHITE HERITAGE DAY", I'll be outraged.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Contrarian said:

I believe in having direct conversations about the issues that affect one without being bogged down by political correctness or partisan ideologies, even if controversial at times. I know many will disagree with me just by engaging with you.

From what you've said, it seems like you're frustrated about the changes happening in Canada. Regardless of how we got here, we can debate from the conspiracy of the "great replacement" to just white women having different views, the fact remains that change is here, and the population is becoming more diverse. Just stating the reality. 

I believe that your frustration is being exploited by 2 groups of white people:

The 1st group is those on the right -> who sell fear and anger through radio shows, all while getting rich. They shout messages that you repeat without thinking twice.

The 2nd group is the real privileged white folks on the <- left who sit on TV shows like Jimmy Kimmel and make unnecessary daily fun of your ideology. They too are getting rich over this rating. 

<--> Both groups use your anger to further their own agenda, while you might be stuck as to why no one understands you in this changing world, is my opinion on this.

Remember, brother, anger can be used to manipulate people. Don't let "them" use you.

I don't think you will get this much honesty from other people here, is not hard to read someone, humans are nothing more but machines, and I've worked with machines since very early on. 

• Now, I have no doubt you might launch with the usual, but think about the above for more than a few minutes before you respond with the rants. Good day. ?

You truly do live in la-la land. It is a well known fact that our immigration policy today favors more non-white immigration and less white immigration. Approx 85% of our new legal and illegal immigrants are all coming from non-white countries and this has been going on for several decades now. And white people should not be concerned? Wake up, mac. 

With the push of and promotion of feminism, homosexuality and massive non-white immigration this should be of great concern to white folk here in Canada. This is all part of a conspiracy whether you want to believe it or not. Only buffoons will think not. The great white replacement is happening in all white countries. America and Canada are really taking the brunt of this massive third world immigration into both our countries. Even that Marxist buffoon dictator in Ottawa has pretty much said that he despises Europeans, and this buffoon is white. He hates his own white skin. 

Well, I do not hate my white skin. I am proud to be wearing my white skin. This does not have to mean that I am a racist. This is just about trying to preserve and protect my own white race from becoming a minority in my/our own white homeland. Never mind trying to tell me that I should think about what you wrote. Maybe it is time for you to think about what I just wrote. Think about it, will you. ?