When will we ever see an Heritage Day for white British/Europeans.

33 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

British is not a race

British is simply a system of governance in defence of the Enlightenment itself

so for example, Gandhi was British

Gandhi was born in the British Empire

Gandhi went to British law school

and when Gandhi staged his revolt

he was invoking the British rule of law against the rule of the Raj

the George Washington of India

Yeah, but the question was about celebrating white British heritage. So it was probably referring to race.

17 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

Plus it's not even an ethnicity. English, Welsh, Scottish, those are ethnicities.

even we Scots are sworn enemies

Great Britain was founded in a war

between the Lowland Scots and the Jacobite Highlanders

British is Scot against Scot

Loyalists v. Romanists

VRI - Pro Patria

Edited by Dougie93

10 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Send an e-mail to that coach to win some games lately. 

Lately, the Rangers are copying the Leafs, great name but not delivering what they are meant to deliver.

the Leafs are the Rangers of Canada

it was the Toronto St. Patrick's, the Papist team in Upper Canada

until Major Conn Smythe bought the team

and converted it to the Enlightenment

Toronto Maple Leafs Blue & White

the Colours of the Loyalists

Ulster Scots

flag-st-andrew-s-cross-2-1392023.jpg

Edited by Dougie93

4 hours ago, CdnFox said:

And it completely ruins their narrative if white people are given equal footing as black people or Asian people or Hispanics et

What a ridiculous argument. First of all there is NO culture called “White”. There are an abundance of cultural holidays acknowledging the many European cultures from Ireland to Russia, and everywhere in between.

There is no shared culture called “white” except where Europeans want to exclude anyone with dark skin.  All of these groups have their own heritage days, some of which arw official statutory holidays  The white identity was only created foe the purpose of stating that people of a certain physical appearance are superior to others even if they have no common religious, linguistic or ethnic identity. In ancient times Europeans didn’t think of themselves as “white” or consider that other strange foreign Europeans weee their kin simply because their skin tones were similar  An ancient Celtic farmer faced with an African nomad and a pale skinned blonde Finnish nomad would tell you that he is looking at 2 strange and alien foreigners, not a related fellow “white man” and and an unrelated “black man”  

Similarly a shared “Black” identity did not exist among the many cultures of Africa until it was created by Europeans upon their arrival. Same can be said for other indigenous cultures around the world. 

So in colonial times Europe conquered various African peoples amd came up with this new idea: “we belong to a ‘race’ called White and you peoples all belong to a ‘race’ called Black ams God wants Whites to have absolute power over Blacks”  When people say “White Power” this is exactly what they mean: whites must preserve their power over other races. However when people say “Black Power” they only mean that the groups should have EQUAL power  Complaints about why Black people can call for black power but white peoples can’t call for white power are juvenile and idi*tic.  They don’t mean the same thing. 

So as far as minorities go, things like black history month, etc for different cultures are for people who live under the domination of some other culture. Different African people who might never has thought of themselves as being related to eachother were converted into a new culture called “Black” as a result of their shared experiences living under white domination. If you go to Africa there is no “Black History Month” or “Black Entertainment Television. These ethnic heritage days exist to recognize the culture of minorities. Everything else from May 24 to Xmas to the language spoken by people on the street and in government belongs to the dominant culture, which is why the dominant culture doesn’t need a “dominant culture heritage day, which is every day”

Edited by BeaverFever

19 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

What a ridiculous argument.

Says the leftie :) Sorry if the truth upsets ya kiddo.

First of all there is NO culture called “White”.

Yet we're hearing that there is all through this thread.  For that matter there's no 'culture' called 'black'. There's many black countries and black populations within countries and such.

There are an abundance of cultural holidays acknowledging the many European cultures from Ireland to Russia, and everywhere in between

but nothing that celebrates 'white ' history the way 'black' history would be. Or first nations etc.

There is no shared culture called “white”

There's no shared culture called black . But certainly there is a shared history. Can't argue wiht that can you

All of these groups have their own heritage days, some of which arw official statutory holidays  The white identity was only created foe the purpose of stating that people of a certain physical appearance are superior to others even if they have no common religious, linguistic or ethnic identity.

Created? So... you think someone painted us? We weren't white before? Or we were but nobody noticed?

That's one of the dumbest things you've said. And that's saying something

In ancient times Europeans didn’t think of themselves as “white” or consider that other strange foreign Europeans weee their kin simply because their skin tones were similar  An ancient Celtic farmer faced with an African nomad and a pale skinned blonde Finnish nomad would tell you that he is looking at 2 strange and alien foreigners, not a related fellow “white man” and and an unrelated “black man”  

Source?

Similarly a shared “Black” identity did not exist among the many cultures of Africa until it was created by Europeans upon their arrival. Same can be said for other indigenous cultures around the world.

So there is no black history?

So in colonial times Europe conquered various African peoples amd came up with this new idea: “we belong to a ‘race’ called White and you peoples all belong to a ‘race’ called Black ams God wants Whites to have absolute power over Blacks”  When people say “White Power” this is exactly what they mean: whites must preserve their power over other races. However when people say “Black Power” they only mean that the groups should have EQUAL power  Complaints about why Black people can call for black power but white peoples can’t call for white power are juvenile and idi*tic.  They don’t mean the same thing. 

Cool story you made up.  Sounds good.

So as far as minorities go, things like black history month, etc for different cultures are for people who live under the domination of some other culture.

they didn't tho. Most blacks never lived under slavery, nor did any of the others.  And if you think history didn't have white slaves you're brain dead.

So what you're saying is that you agree we need a white history month.  :)

6 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

I sent you 1 message to talk about sports and you took that to drive me into a maze with 3 consecutive posts ending with a religious sermon. 

Is not fair for those people. Need to disengage myself to allow on topic conversation, my error first to talk about sports.

My suggestion would be to start some more original threads, even pro British, you seem to know about history, especially in your culture, but just sends consecutive messages on every interaction. 

You do what you want, just stating my opinion how you would get more conversation going instead of just you talking.

the topic of this thread is British heritage, not sports

what is British heritage if not God, King, Country ?

2 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Yes, but you posted first the Rangers video, I responded with a sports joke as I know the team, then you proceeded to tell me to "come to Jesus". 

I did admit my part, offtopic sports, I know you will not admit yours, so carry on, this a free market as you said.

the topic of the thread is British heritage

God, King, Country

that is what the Glasgow Rangers are all about

8 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Here, other people can have the space to share their views, is my opinion.

you are spamming the entire forum with your threads

you have practically hijacked the entire forum to go on & on about your nonsensical "radical centrism"

I barely post at all compared to you

12 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Says the leftie :) Sorry if the truth upsets ya kiddo.

Yet we're hearing that there is all through this thread.  For that matter there's no 'culture' called 'black'. There's many black countries and black populations within countries and such.

but nothing that celebrates 'white ' history the way 'black' history would be. Or first nations etc.

There's no shared culture called black . But certainly there is a shared history. Can't argue wiht that can you

Created? So... you think someone painted us? We weren't white before? Or we were but nobody noticed?

That's one of the dumbest things you've said. And that's saying something

Source?

So there is no black history?

Cool story you made up.  Sounds good.

they didn't tho. Most blacks never lived under slavery, nor did any of the others.  And if you think history didn't have white slaves you're brain dead.

So what you're saying is that you agree we need a white history month.  :)

Why don’t you read the entire post start to finish before you start making making line-by-line replies. That’s a really tiresome habit of yours and many of the supposed rebuttals you provided are already addressed further down. It’s obvious from your responses that you clearly don’t understand what is being said because you haven’t read all the way to the end before replying. That shows a lack of self-regulation and emotional control on your part, a very common feature of you red-faced “angry conservative” reactionary types. 

“Most blacks never lived under slavery”  That’s a pointless and ridiculous observation. Most Christians weren’t alive during the time of Jesus. Most Jews weren’t in the holocaust. What’s your point?

“White people” wee not designed as a “slave race” by some non-white group amd then exported by the millions to non-white land to live for centuries s slaves and second-class citizens. 

I repeat there is no culture called “black” in Africa because there is no reason for there to be one. What matters is your tribe, language, nationality. But in America its different because in America nobody knows or cares what part of Africa a”black”  person came from and neither does the “black” person usually unless they’re immigrants. 

Europeans similarly had no concept of their being any shared “white” identity among Europeans historically. “White race” and “Black race” are invented concepts from the age of exploration meant to justify the former’s subjugation of the latter. 

12 hours ago, cougar said:
17 hours ago, herbie said:

Nobody gives a shit that you're white. When nobody gives a shit that you're black, brown, yellow or red or what's between your legs the world will be a better place.

Do you give a shit if you are eating a banana, orange, mango, pineapple or a real piece of shit?

I bet you do.

So , no the day you are waiting for is never going to come as even you have no idea what you are asking for.

I'm waiting for the day you white supremacists fear most: the utter mongrelization if the human race. Tremble in fear!

Just now, BeaverFever said:

Why don’t you read the entire post start to finish before you start making making line-by-line replies. That’s a really tiresome habit of yours and many of the supposed rebuttals you provided are already addressed further down. It’s obvious from your responses that you clearly don’t understand what is being said because you haven’t read all the way to the end before replying. That shows a lack of self-regulation and emotional control on your part, a very common feature of you red-faced “angry conservative” reactionary types. 

yeah - your stuff is kind of bullshit sooooo...  that's more of the problem i think.

“Most blacks never lived under slavery”  That’s a pointless and ridiculous observation. Most Christians weren’t alive during the time of Jesus. Most Jews weren’t in the holocaust. What’s your point?

It's entirely important and relevant. You're just not very bright and i assumed your intelligence was higher. That's my bad.  I'll go slower -  Even if most christians weren't ALIVE during jesus' time they would still share in that HERITAGE. Jesus would be part of their shared christian HISTORY.

Most blacks were never slaves. Like ever. So it is NOT a common shared heritage. In fact the ones who were slaves in american for example make up a teeny tiny part of the black population  Where as the number of christians who track their faith back to jesus is pretty much 100 percent.

Did that make it more clear for you? Hope so, it's getting harder to explain things more simply.

“White people” wee not designed as a “slave race” by some non-white group amd then exported by the millions to non-white land to live for centuries s slaves and second-class citizens.

Sorry - are you SERIOUSLY suggesting white people "DESIGNED" black people?

As to the rest they absolutely were. Sorry. Many 'white' peoples were sold as slaves and shipped to foreign lands where they were forced to work and live as second class citizens. Or even forced to fight to the death for the crowd's amusement. And then there's the Irish and indentured servitude.

I repeat there is no culture called “black” in Africa because there is no reason for there to be one. What matters is your tribe, language, nationality. But in America its different because in America nobody knows or cares what part of Africa a”black”  person came from and neither does the “black” person usually unless they’re immigrants.

Then what you're clearly saying  is there REALLY is no black culture in north america. So why do we have black history month?

Europeans similarly had no concept of their being any shared “white” identity among Europeans historically.

of course they did. All peoples tend to develop a hierarchy in their minds.  The order that they consider themselves 'part of a tribe' so to speak. Nowadays it might be family, city, province, country. etc.

In other words - people realize they're part of THIS family, but that all these familes are part of the same city, and all these cities are part of the same province, etc.   And you tend to allign yourself that way.  So Vancouver people tend to root for the canucks - and so do most british columbians (and golf players).  And if they aren't in the playoffs they'll tend to go for a western team because western canada vs east. And if there's none of those they go  for canadian vs us.  Etc etc.

So absolutely they would have distinguised against other peoples and recognized the identity of "local" peoples' first. the greek city states competed with each other - but came together against the Persians that they saw as a different people. They would have referred to 'greek' peoples the way we refer to 'european', vs 'Persian" which was a darker skin and different look.

Swing and a miss kiddo.

32 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Europeans similarly had no concept of their being any shared “white” identity among Europeans historically. “White race” and “Black race” are invented concepts from the age of exploration meant to justify the former’s subjugation of the latter. 

Oh - and while i've already shot down your argument here entirely it's worth noting this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_people_in_ancient_Roman_history

The romans had names for people with different colour skin. So they definitely without a doubt divided people into various skin colours in their minds. Which means they recognized their skin colour as being one group and other skin colours other groups. They didn't consider those other people necessarily inferior, but they did group them that way.

8 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

An actual observed holiday celebrating whiteness.. never going to happen. However, that does not stop some from fantasizing. They also think that New Mexico State will win an national championship in American college football. 

LOL - i'm sure it's a great comedic comparison but it might be wasted on most of this audience. :)

55 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Wait...that's simply not true.

The Spanish have been celebrating the ousting of Muslim rule for centuries.

Black History Month is nothing more than just another tool to divide and conquer. Human history is chalk full of racial conflicts and abuses. That's just a fact. It would be much more productive to have a Family Values Month.

4 hours ago, Aristides said:

Residential schools were invented by whiteys and were run by whiteys.

for what purpose were they intended ? were they intended to be concentration camps, our final solution to Native Americans, or were they intended for education.