Jump to content

Dominion settles out of court for 787 million dollars


Recommended Posts

Dominion settles out of court today for $787.5 million dollars in one of the largest settlements in a defamation case in U.S. history. A spokesperson for Fox stated: “we acknowledge the court’s rulings finding certain claims about Dominion to be false.” a clear admission of fault.

Next up, Smartmatic will sue Fox.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-m&q=will+fox+apologies+publically&oq=will+fox+apologies+publically&aqs=heirloom-srp..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

In my opinion, it's time for Fox News -> to consider splitting into 2.

With <- CNN and <- MSNBC representing the <- left-wing media in America, maybe the right-wing -> TV should do the same.

If not, viewers may continue to migrate towards independent media outlets, leaving Fox News at risk of financial difficulties.

But who knows, their ratings are strong, even Murdoch admitted his staff knew about the lying, but people are still tuning in.

  • The only explanation is the low level that ⬇️ CNN and ⬇️ MSNBC are at. 

People love their echo chambers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

In my opinion, it's time for Fox News -> to consider splitting into 2.

With <- CNN and <- MSNBC representing the <- left-wing media in America, maybe the right-wing -> TV should do the same.

If not, viewers may continue to migrate towards independent media outlets, leaving Fox News at risk of financial difficulties.

But who knows, their ratings are strong, even Murdoch admitted his staff knew about the lying, but people are still tuning in.

  • The only explanation is the low level that ⬇️ CNN and ⬇️ MSNBC are at. 

The point is not right wing or left wing. 
The point is that Fox News promoted lies about the election being stolen, and they damaged Dominion Systems, and it cost Fox over $780 million. 
 

Hopefully, this will help Dominion restore their business. 

Edited by Rebound
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

In my opinion, it's time for Fox News -> to consider splitting into 2.

With <- CNN and <- MSNBC representing the <- left-wing media in America, maybe the right-wing -> TV should do the same.

If not, viewers may continue to migrate towards independent media outlets, leaving Fox News at risk of financial difficulties.

But who knows, their ratings are strong, even Murdoch admitted his staff knew about the lying, but people are still tuning in.

  • The only explanation is the low level that ⬇️ CNN and ⬇️ MSNBC are at. 

CNN and MSNBC may lean left but they don't intentionally lie and that was what this is all about. This is the biggest media defamation settlement in history by far. Dominion got ten times its market valuation. More to come with the other suits against FOX. 

The faithful will continue to tune in because FOX won't address this at all on their shows. If the FOX faithful want to learn anything about they will have to look elsewhere. 

Edited by Aristides
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is great news, and sorely needed in the realm of media organizations.  A landmark ruling, if you will.  No longer will Fox be allowed to defame and commit fraud.   Lie about organizations and people.  The ramifications of this court case will shake the foundations of CNN, NBC and all the rest.

Because the die has been cast now.  You can’t lie about issues and people.  Hide the truth.  Carry on a conspiracy against an organization you don’t like.  They have all stepped over the line, and they will pay now.

Trump no doubt has a huge smile today.  He’ll be bringing suits into court, and if he has to appeal all the way to SCOTUS, he’ll eventually get justice.  
 

I’d suggest starting with CNN, they are on their last legs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, sharkman said:

This is great news, and sorely needed in the realm of media organizations.  A landmark ruling, if you will.  No longer will Fox be allowed to defame and commit fraud.   Lie about organizations and people.  The ramifications of this court case will shake the foundations of CNN, NBC and all the rest.

Because the die has been cast now.  You can’t lie about issues and people.  Hide the truth.  Carry on a conspiracy against an organization you don’t like.  They have all stepped over the line, and they will pay now.

Trump no doubt has a huge smile today.  He’ll be bringing suits into court, and if he has to appeal all the way to SCOTUS, he’ll eventually get justice.  
 

I’d suggest starting with CNN, they are on their last legs. 

How long do you figure before Trump sues CNN for saying he lost the election?

You're still holding out for that Kraken, aren't you?

Well, there's something to be said for determination.  You stick to your guns.

Be like George!

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

How long do you figure before Trump sues CNN for saying he lost the election?

You're still holding out for that Kraken, aren't you?

Well, there's something to be said for determination.  You stick to your guns.

Be like George!

 

Nope.  Somehow I'm not surprised you have no idea what's going on.  Keep guessing...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Contrarian said:

In my opinion, it's time for Fox News -> to consider splitting into 2.

With <- CNN and <- MSNBC representing the <- left-wing media in America, maybe the right-wing -> TV should do the same.

If not, viewers may continue to migrate towards independent media outlets, leaving Fox News at risk of financial difficulties.

But who knows, their ratings are strong, even Murdoch admitted his staff knew about the lying, but people are still tuning in.

  • The only explanation is the low level that ⬇️ CNN and ⬇️ MSNBC are at. 

That is definitely NOT the only explanation. People are still tuning in because in a world full of real news, FOX viewers still, as always, love hearing coverage designed solely to confirm their narrow biases.

FOX never was a source for quality journalism. It was never intended to be anything more than lucrative infotainment. They hire personalities instead of journalists, their award shelf is bare, but the revenue is real and that's all that matters to them.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sharkman said:

This is great news, and sorely needed in the realm of media organizations.  A landmark ruling, if you will.  No longer will Fox be allowed to defame and commit fraud.   Lie about organizations and people.  The ramifications of this court case will shake the foundations of CNN, NBC and all the rest.

Because the die has been cast now.  You can’t lie about issues and people.  Hide the truth.  Carry on a conspiracy against an organization you don’t like.  They have all stepped over the line, and they will pay now.

Trump no doubt has a huge smile today.  He’ll be bringing suits into court, and if he has to appeal all the way to SCOTUS, he’ll eventually get justice.  
 

I’d suggest starting with CNN, they are on their last legs. 

Where is YOUR EVIDENCE that CNN purposely lied about Trump? AKA, KNEW what they were reporting was FALSE.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sharkman said:

This is great news, and sorely needed in the realm of media organizations.  A landmark ruling, if you will.  No longer will Fox be allowed to defame and commit fraud.   Lie about organizations and people.  The ramifications of this court case will shake the foundations of CNN, NBC and all the rest.

Because the die has been cast now.  You can’t lie about issues and people.  Hide the truth.  Carry on a conspiracy against an organization you don’t like.  They have all stepped over the line, and they will pay now.

Trump no doubt has a huge smile today.  He’ll be bringing suits into court, and if he has to appeal all the way to SCOTUS, he’ll eventually get justice.  
 

I’d suggest starting with CNN, they are on their last legs. 

1) So you were one of those who fell foe Fox’s lies that they are now paying big for. Have you nothing to say about how you were deceived?

 

2) So if (and I mean when) those Trump lawsuits don’t happen or fail as miserably as his dozens of baseless election fraud lawsuits did, will you THEN reconsider your media conspiracy beliefs?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@WestCanMan and @Infidel Dog couldn’t muster a word in the other thread about the revelations that even Fox News and Tucker Carlson didn’t believe Trumps election lies, thought Sydney Powell and her “Kraken” claims were “insane” and Tucker “hates Trump passionately”. Not a peep!  I think they were waiting for some miracle revelation to come down and save Fox just like they were hoping for some miracle after the 2020 election 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm glad Dominion have taken so much money from Fox but it is rather a shame that we don't get to see all those lying tossers squirming in court.

Imagine if they all had to say under oath what they actually thought of Donald Trump.

That would have been so much fun!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

The faithful will continue to tune in because FOX won't address this at all on their shows. If the FOX faithful want to learn anything about they will have to look elsewhere. 

If they want to really put their money where their mouths are they could crowd-source the money for Fox's settlements.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I'm glad Dominion have taken so much money from Fox but it is rather a shame that we don't get to see all those lying tossers squirming in court.

Imagine if they all had to say under oath what they actually thought of Donald Trump.

That would have been so much fun!

100% agree. I’m no lawyer but I’ve been told it’s very difficult for a plaintiff in civil court to refuse a “no admission of wrongdoing” settlements (and for that matter non-disclosure settlements) if the defendant’s payment offer is high enough as it will be held against you at trial that you turned down a “reasonable offer” and are wasting the court’s time and resources.   IMO this only allows wrongdoers to keep claiming they did nothing wrong. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, West said:

Meh.. at least they didn't smear a 15 year old child

Sure they did, they went after Obama’s kids and the went after Chelsea Clinton. But they didn’t sink as far as lying right wing scumbag Alex Jones and go after murdered kids and their grieving families if that’s your standard 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Sure they did, they went after Obama’s kids and the went after Chelsea Clinton. But they didn’t sink as far as lying right wing scumbag Alex Jones and go after murdered kids and their grieving families if that’s your standard 

The left are lying scumbags who smeared kids and took the side of a mass murderer over dead children because they were Christians. Truly wicked, sad f'd up people 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, West said:

The left are lying scumbags who smeared kids and took the side of a mass murderer over dead children because they were Christians. Truly wicked, sad f'd up people 

What about what about?

Guess what? Telling the judge “What about Hunter’s laptop” didn’t help.   

Your heroes just lost close to a billion dollars. It is a confession that Fox blatantly lied about Dominion Systems.  
 

You want to talk about 15 year-olds?  Ok, how many children were impacted when their parents got laid off at Dominion because governments are afraid to purchase more of their computers? Not because there’s anything wrong with them, but because Fox News made people think so.  

Edited by Rebound
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, West said:

The left are lying scumbags who smeared kids and took the side of a mass murderer over dead children because they were Christians. Truly wicked, sad f'd up people 

^ Another day, another right wing lie.
 

Look no further than the right’s deplorable attacks on the families of Sandy Hook killings and the survivors of the Parkland killings if you want to see truly disgusting treatment of dead children  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Rebound said:

Your heroes just lost close to a billion dollars. It is a confession that Fox blatantly lied about Dominion Systems.  

And remember the even bigger $2 Billion lawsuit with Smartmatic is still in progress. I wonder if Fox can even survive 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

@WestCanMan and @Infidel Dog couldn’t muster a word in the other thread about the revelations that even Fox News and Tucker Carlson didn’t believe Trumps election lies, thought Sydney Powell and her “Kraken” claims were “insane” and Tucker “hates Trump passionately”. Not a peep!  I think they were waiting for some miracle revelation to come down and save Fox just like they were hoping for some miracle after the 2020 election 

You're just babbling now. Get help. 

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,600
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    lorawalker02
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...