Jump to content

The Liberals investigate themselves and find trampling ladies with horses was warrented


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Just what is it about truckers that you dislike so much ? you live thousands of miles from Ottawa how did this whole thing effect you? 

He thinks blue collar workers are disgusting like Trudeau’s champagne socialists.  Of course Trudeau is a castrate without practical skills.  Truckers are doers who deliver essential items.  So are farmers.  The Liberals need them much more than the reverse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

What did you think?  Because I really can’t tell.  Your rebuttal to me saying that there’s no right to blockade several city blocks was to say:

I don’t live there, when you have no idea if live there, or not.  And you seem to think I don’t like truckers.   Which is bizarre, because whether they were truckers or taxi drivers or IT nerds, they still have no right to blockade several city blocks for weeks at a time.  

Hey, i did not make any assumption's about you, i asked 2 simple questions thats all, take a deep breath if you don't want to answer then just say so... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Do you have any concept how unfair, denigrating, and judgemental your comments are?  The protest was against vaccine mandates and restrictions at a time when Omicron was the mild unstoppable variant the vaccines did little to quell.

The Liberal party that I always thought was at the centre has become a tyrannical leftist party of ridiculousness. The Convoy protests were understood even on the US intellectual left as a peaceful protest against government overreach.  The blockades were the worst aspect of it, but they were removed before the declaration of martial law.

Anyone honest with a reasonable perspective saw what unfolded. The inquiry was the official state whitewashing by Liberal loyalists.  

I'm not opposed to protests.  I encourage protests, those I agree with, and those I disagree with.  It makes for a more just society.  But those would be legal protests.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

You'll have to excuse me.  Getting into a debate with an anti vaxxer isn't something I'm willing to do.  It's like debating a flat Earther,  You just can't tell them.

FYI I'm not an anti-vaxer. I have all my vaccines and so does my kid. 

I'm not even against the covid jab. If 20M Canadians want it, I say let them have it. Even on the taxpayer dime. 

I'm against vax-fascism, and you, sapper, are a vax-fascist. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

What did you think?  Because I really can’t tell.  Your rebuttal to me saying that there’s no right to blockade several city blocks was to say:

I don’t live there, when you have no idea if live there, or not.  And you seem to think I don’t like truckers.   Which is bizarre, because whether they were truckers or taxi drivers or IT nerds, they still have no right to blockade several city blocks for weeks at a time.  

Far worse protests and occupation happened in Portland and the liberals rolled out the welcome mat.  It’s all about whether they like your views.  Trudeau made it clear that opposition views to government policies were unacceptable, that protests against policies are concerning, and he hurled insults at millions of Canadians, painting them with the same brush, calling them racist and misogynist without evidence. That was how his government handled very legitimate opposition at a time when people were exhausted and aching for a loosening of restrictions.

Many rights were stripped from citizens in the name of safety, from medical discretion to freedom of movement, and people lost their jobs because they didn’t take a mandated vaccine.  We watched what happened and the government toadies who encouraged what was clearly government overreach, perhaps full blown totalitarianism.  Left wing influencers called it out but our heavily funded legacy media toed the government party line.

 I know what happened because I watched carefully.  Canadians weren’t treated as individuals with rights, including the right of free speech and protest.  Instead they were humiliated and put down with martial law.  New crimes were applied retroactively for acts that weren’t offences when they were committed.  Bank accounts were frozen.  So much happened that was wrong and so much failure of leadership was on display.  Trudeau could’ve manned up and talked to the protesters.  He threw a grenade at them, ran, and hid.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, WestCanMan said:

FYI I'm not an anti-vaxer. I have all my vaccines and so does my kid. 

I'm not even against the covid jab. If 20M Canadians want it, I say let them have it. Even on the taxpayer dime. 

I'm against vax-fascism, and you, sapper, are a vax-fascist. 

No I'm not.  I'm actually not sure such a thing could be said to exist.

What I am is someone who bows to the best scientific knowledge and/or evidence available at the time. 

It's great.  I do it with all kinds of things.  Vaccines, climate change, abortion, religious freedom, US politics, the Arab/Israeli conflict, you name it.  I let reason provide me with the best answers, and I keep an eye open for anything that might cause me to change my mind on a subject. 

And then, if I see it as a reasonable course of action, I change my mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

There is no Charter Right to blockade several city blocks for weeks on end.  Can you name a single  jurisdiction  that would allow that, never mind have it as a right?

You're right, its against the law to do that.  So enforce the law.

You do have a Charter right not to have the government freeze your bank account though.  How does someone eat without an active bank account?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

Hey, i did not make any assumption's about you, i asked 2 simple questions thats all, take a deep breath if you don't want to answer then just say so... 

you assumed I didn’t like truckers.  Wrong

you assume I live thousands of miles from Ottawa so…. I guess I shouldn’t have an opinion then?  
On the 2nd part, that’s fair.  No one who  lives outside of Ottawa should have an opinion. Let’s ask the residents of the neighbourhoods that were occupied for 2 weeks what they think and only go by that.  Fair?  I think that would be fair. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Nope.  It's Trudeau Trudeau Trudeau.

That was the stated goal of the Ottawa Protest: to get Trudeau to step down and form some kind of cracked provisional government.  Democracy right ?  That means if all my friends support something we get our way....

Wasn't there news just a few days ago saying the calls for Trudeau to step down actually came from Russian proxy sites?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, bcsapper said:
 
 
noun
noun: terrorist; plural noun: terrorists
  1. a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
     
    Seems about right.  Not lost then.

There was violence from the trucktards?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, bcsapper said:

So what?  We're attempting to ascertain whether or not there was intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

You're just explaining how it was eventually stopped.

Intimidation in pursuit of political aims does not constitute terorrism or else just about every protest that blocks a road or a rail crossing can be so described.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

What I am is someone who bows to the best scientific knowledge and/or evidence available at the time. 

Scientific knowledge?

Did you know that when Fauci was assuring us that the virus came from a lab, and that it must have gone from a bat to a pangolin or some other creature and then to a human, he already knew that there was a coronavirus in the Wuhan lab that was modified to be transmissible among humans? And that 3 lab techs there were infected in Dec 2019?

So the Chinese said: "You can't check the lab", and no one did. Fauci loved the wetmarket theory, aka the 'save my bacon theory'. 

That's the science you trust. You trust that guy

He said the virus would be safe and it would prevent covid before it ever came out. Then when it was out he said it is safe and it does prevent covid. Then the data coming back from Israel said that was 100% false, but we (people like you, rather) still forced people who didn't need the vax to take it anyways.

Is that your precious science? 

Sorry, but you're just not a smart guy. Almost 90% of covid deaths here are among the multi-vaxed. Maybe more now. We can't find out anymore because once the number got to 85.7% the gov't blocked us from seeing that stat. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, herbie said:

Reality really triggers the peanut gallery doesn't it?

As someone who's seen several real riots where baton wielding cops charged on horseback I get a suoreme laugh at the limp wristed freedumbers definition of being bumped into as being trampled.

And point out how just like the tribunal found, due to the chickenshit response of the Ottawa cops, the actual majority of freedom loving,  law abiding Canadians were only mad at Trudeau for taking so long to act.

A horse - that was it? I must have missed something....when's the inquiry into Trudeau's use of tanks to squash the convoy? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Wasn't there news just a few days ago saying the calls for Trudeau to step down actually came from Russian proxy sites?

News? Lol. Of course there would have been, just like there was 'news' that said the Hunter laptop was Russian disinformation.

The FBI even said that, although they had the laptop in their possession for 11 months at that time, so they knew it was a lie. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Intimidation in pursuit of political aims does not constitute terorrism or else just about every protest that blocks a road or a rail crossing can be so described.

Exactly. If bouncy castle jumping is an act of terrorism then so is destroying entire city blocks and murdering people and police. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Intimidation in pursuit of political aims does not constitute terorrism or else just about every protest that blocks a road or a rail crossing can be so described.

What can I say?  I just go by the first definition Google comes up with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know everyone is waiting with bated (baited?) breath for my take on this, so here it is.

Using the emergency act was not warranted at the time. If they hadn't managed to clear the mess at the Windsor bridge or there had been any real violence there, then okay. But in fact, once push came to shove they cleared the bridge fairly easily. There is no reason to believe that things wouldn't have been just as easy in Ottawa. Which it was, once police moved in.

Not a supporter of the truckers. At least, not after the first weekend. They made their point. They should have then left. When they didn't, the police should have started making arrests. Why didn't they? Because the Ottawa police had a diversity hire as their chief and he was useless. Any reasonably well-led police service would have started making arrests after the weekend, and this whole thing would have gone away.

I accept some of the blame aimed at Ford was justified. Once it became obvious how inept the locals were he should have had the OPP take over and clear the roads. He didn't do his job. I didn't read about any criticism of Trudeau. Maybe the news just didn't print it. If there wasn't any that's another shot at the legitimacy of the judge. Because Trudeau hardly covered himself in glory during this affair. He needlessly provoked the mob and seemed to do his best to instigate more anger on their part. 

As for the report, it's a bad look to pick a lifelong Liberal hack whose ties to the party go back almost forty years as the guy to run the commission. If Trudeau actually wanted to get a report which would be accepted by everyone he'd have found someone neutral. He wasn't. This report was aimed at Liberal supporters and potential supporters. It was aimed at defusing criticism, of him from those who might decide to vote NDP. He doesn't give a shit what those on the right think of the report. It's not there for them anyway. 

Edited by I am Groot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The judge who led the commission, Paul Rouleau is a member of the LIberal Party, worked for Liberal John Turner's campaign in the 80's after Pierre Trudeau stepped down, and got his current job as ON justice by being hand-picked by PM Paul Martin for it.

He was hand-selected by Justin Trudeau to lead this commission.  The PM got to choose the judge who would investigate him ?

Trudeau is a tyrant.

Edited by Moonlight Graham
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Moonlight Graham said:

The judge who led the commission, Paul Rouleau is a member of the LIberal Party, worked for Liberal John Turner's campaign in the 80's after Pierre Trudeau stepped down, and was got his current job by being hand-picked by Paul Martin.

He was hand-selected by Justin Trudeau to lead the commission.  The PM got to choose the judge who would investigate him ?

Trudeau is a tyrant.

Our country truly is a disgrace 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh FFS I step away again., These ppl with brains as solid as bricks are never going learn, they can't, they don't want to.

Just page after page of the same spewage from those dim enough to consider themselves conservatives. Like duhhh now it was the citizens of Ottawa being inconvenienced that were the fascists, led by fools that couldn't get into the USA griping how they couldn't get back, that every one else were sheeple and how they're all so much smarter than doctors and judges.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, herbie said:

Oh FFS I step away again., These ppl with brains as solid as bricks are never going learn, they can't, they don't want to.

Just page after page of the same spewage from those dim enough to consider themselves conservatives. Like duhhh now it was the citizens of Ottawa being inconvenienced that were the fascists, led by fools that couldn't get into the USA griping how they couldn't get back, that every one else were sheeple and how they're all so much smarter than doctors and judges.

You are a sad joke of a human being

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Far worse protests and occupation happened in Portland and the liberals rolled out the welcome mat.  It’s all about whether they like your views.  Trudeau made it clear that opposition views to government policies were unacceptable, that protests against policies are concerning, and he hurled insults at millions of Canadians, painting them with the same brush, calling them racist and misogynist without evidence. That was how his government handled very legitimate opposition at a time when people were exhausted and aching for a loosening of restrictions.

Many rights were stripped from citizens in the name of safety, from medical discretion to freedom of movement, and people lost their jobs because they didn’t take a mandated vaccine.  We watched what happened and the government toadies who encouraged what was clearly government overreach, perhaps full blown totalitarianism.  Left wing influencers called it out but our heavily funded legacy media toed the government party line.

 I know what happened because I watched carefully.  Canadians weren’t treated as individuals with rights, including the right of free speech and protest.  Instead they were humiliated and put down with martial law.  New crimes were applied retroactively for acts that weren’t offences when they were committed.  Bank accounts were frozen.  So much happened that was wrong and so much failure of leadership was on display.  Trudeau could’ve manned up and talked to the protesters.  He threw a grenade at them, ran, and hid.

People DIED in those far left protest. The worst that happened hear was somebody getting a burn on the bouncy castle.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,698
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    IPEM Group of Institutions
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • Ethan Wylde earned a badge
      First Post
    • Yakuda went up a rank
      Experienced
    • QuebecOverCanada went up a rank
      Grand Master
    • Jeary went up a rank
      Rookie
    • Gator earned a badge
      Week One Done
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...