The Liberals investigate themselves and find trampling ladies with horses was warrented

West

4 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

They appointed a Liberal to assess Liberal decisions. That’s Canada now. The courts and media are run by the same people. There’s no critical distance from government.  Canada is an echo chamber of government policies and talking 

Kangaroo court system. Should we be surprised?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Why did the convoy deserve to have their bank accounts frozen and other rights curtailed but indigenous protestors parking their trucks, plows, dumptrucks, big rigs, buses etc on railways nationwide did not?  They were blocking trains carrying food, fuel/oil, and many other goods from being shipped and causing economic damage also.

If only there was a judicial review and a report about enacting the Act that would answer these questions…. What kind of tyranny is this?  Why can’t Canadians have a public inquiry led by a judge to get to the bottom of this?  

oh wait….

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/read-the-full-transcript-of-emergencies-act-inquiry-commissioner-paul-rouleau-s-statement-1.6278743

Maybe the Emergencies Act would have been appropriate for the rail blockades as well?  or, maybe there is a difference between blockading a train track versus a city?   Didn’t they end up removing rail blockaders?   I’m pretty sure they’re not there any longer.  

Edited by TreeBeard

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Nope.  It's Trudeau Trudeau Trudeau.

That was the stated goal of the Ottawa Protest: to get Trudeau to step down and form some kind of cracked provisional government.  Democracy right ?  That means if all my friends support something we get our way....

Zero violence from protesters, but you know, protests that try to change policies are “concerning”.

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

“Terrorists”?  You’re lost. 

noun
noun: terrorist; plural noun: terrorists
  1. a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Seems about right.  Not lost then.

2 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

noun
  1. a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Name one protester who committed violence.  I only know of police violence.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Name one protester who committed violence.  I only know of police violence.

Don't forget the intimidation bit.

Edit> Oh, and all those guns they found in Coutts.

Edited by bcsapper

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

The blockades were the worst of it and they were removed when the EA was declared.  Court injunctions had already limited the honking. 

So what?  We're attempting to ascertain whether or not there was intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

You're just explaining how it was eventually stopped.

Reality really triggers the peanut gallery doesn't it?

As someone who's seen several real riots where baton wielding cops charged on horseback I get a suoreme laugh at the limp wristed freedumbers definition of being bumped into as being trampled.

And point out how just like the tribunal found, due to the chickenshit response of the Ottawa cops, the actual majority of freedom loving,  law abiding Canadians were only mad at Trudeau for taking so long to act.

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

No they aren't.  I don't find your views intimidating at all.

Wrong, but not intimidating.

What if @Zeitgeist and his buddies were parked outside your home with trucks blasting horns 24/7, screaming obscenities, blocking your home and business, and vandalizing local businesses?  

I think that goes from “disagreeing” to “intimidating”….   It doesn’t even seem all that nuanced to me….  but some folks still have a hard time understanding the difference.  

https://www.vice.com/en/article/bvnd4v/canada-ottawa-anti-vax-trucker-convoy

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

What if @Zeitgeist and his buddies were parked outside your home with trucks blasting horns 24/7, screaming obscenities, blocking your home and business, and vandalizing local businesses?  

I think that goes from “disagreeing” to “intimidating”….   It doesn’t even seem all that nuanced to me….  but some folks still have a hard time understanding the difference.  

The difference between views and actions.  People can believe whatever they want. 

The actions I've already compared to terrorism.

Edited by bcsapper

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

If only there was a judicial review and a report about enacting the Act that would answer these questions…. What kind of tyranny is this?  Why can’t Canadians have a public inquiry led by a judge to get to the bottom of this?  

oh wait….

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/read-the-full-transcript-of-emergencies-act-inquiry-commissioner-paul-rouleau-s-statement-1.6278743

Maybe the Emergencies Act would have been appropriate for the rail blockades as well?  or, maybe there is a difference between blockading a train track versus a city?   Didn’t they end up removing rail blockaders?   I’m pretty sure they’re not there any longer.  

The truckers didn't blockade a city.  They blockaded a few blocks of streets in front of Parliament Hill downtown.

Didn’t they end up removing rail blockaders?   I’m pretty sure they’re not there any longer.  

Astonishingly they did it without invoking the Emergencies Act.

THis is what the Act stipulates:

National emergency

3 For the purposes of this Act, a national emergency is an urgent and critical situation of a temporary nature that

• (a) seriously endangers the lives, health or safety of Canadians and is of such proportions or nature as to exceed the capacity or authority of a province to deal with it, or

• (b) seriously threatens the ability of the Government of Canada to preserve the sovereignty, security and territorial integrity of Canada

and that cannot be effectively dealt with under any other law of Canada.

The city of Ottawa and Ontario refused to enforce the laws already on the books.  Its illegal to illegally park on the street, and against Ottawa bylaws to honk car horns throughout the night.  They're causing a public disturbance.

The streets of downtown Ottawa are their jurisdiction, not the feds.  So at most why not use some law to order them to enforce the laws under the books already instead of using this act to curtail the Charter Rights of citizens?  For the Windsor bridge, why not just enforce the law and remove the trucks and charge or fine those involved?

We have no guaranteed rights in this country.  Its a joke, its an elected monarchy.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

They'd be arrested.  Because laws against those things are already on the books.  The truckers in Ottawa weren't being violent, and even if they were, the cops should have arrested them.

The state doesn't get to take away their Charter rights just because they think they're alt-right chuds.

3 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

They'd be arrested.  Because laws against those things are already on the books.  The truckers in Ottawa weren't being violent, and even if they were, the cops should have arrested them.

The state doesn't get to take away their Charter rights just because they think they're alt-right chuds.

Should take out those who are not abiding by the law. Not suspend everyone else's rights to express their views. But Trudeau is sick and demented so that would never happen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

noun

Are you on crack !!!...thats what we are calling them terrorist now... thats a huge leap of logic... no arrests for terrorism, no JTF called out, well there was a call for tanks, good thing we only have 4 in working order...or there would be blood in the streets... good thing we are all Canadians... 

• Like 1