Federal Government in a Surplus

1 minute ago, Queenmandy85 said:

It was a long time ago and I'm old. I was in the C Scot R. I was honoured to be the Master of Ceremonies at our 75th anniversay at the BC Legislature grounds. Thanks for not calling me a liar.

nobody who served in the Canadian Scottish Regiment ( Princes Mary's )

would ever make the mistake of saying "it was Princess Louise's when they was in"

because in the 110 year history,  it never was

if you are being honoured by the CSR on the BC legislature grounds

surely you would know that

if you are such a public figure as to be honoured at ceremonies for a Royal Canadian Infantry Corps regiment

say your name, rank & service number

I am Mcpl (ret.) A. R. Smith, CD A29475675

who are you ?

32 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

nobody who served in the Canadian Scottish Regiment ( Princes Mary's )

would ever make the mistake of saying "it was Princess Louise's when they was in"

because in the 110 year history,  it never was

if you are being honoured by the CSR on the BC legislature grounds

surely you would know that

if you are such a public figure as to be honoured at ceremonies for a Royal Canadian Infantry Corps regiment

say your name, rank & service number

I am Mcpl (ret.) A. R. Smith, CD A29475675

who are you ?

I'll send you the name in private. 

I wasn't honoured by the Regiment, I was honoured to be the Master of Ceremonies at an event on the BC Leg. in about 1974. 

You are incorrect in saying "nobody who served in the Canadian Scottish Regiment ( Princes Mary's )

would ever make the mistake of saying "it was Princess Louise's when they was in"' because I did make that mistake. I'm sure there are a lot of things I don't remember after all these years. It wasn't a big part of my life, but it was fun. Those were the days when the reserves were starved for support. 

To the rest of you, sorry for the thread drift.

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I wasn't honoured by the Regiment, I was honoured to be the Master of Ceremonies at an event on the BC Leg. in about 1974. 

You are incorrect in saying "nobody who served in the Canadian Scottish Regiment ( Princes Mary's )

would ever make the mistake of saying "it was Princess Louise's when they was in"' because I did make that mistake. I'm sure there are a lot of things I don't remember after all these years. It wasn't a big part of my life, but it was fun. Those were the days when the reserves were starved for support. 

To the rest of you, sorry for the thread drift.

Sounds like something a communist spy would say….

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

you claim to be an officer

holding Her Majesty's commission

which I would go to my death for as necessary

if you are satisfied that you have been truthful with me

a humble Master Corporal who would follow you over the top

then I will take your word for it, sir

Dileas Gu Brath

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2022 at 11:57 AM, Army Guy said:

Not sure what your trying to say here, are you saying our nation does NOT have a deficit of over a trillion dollars.

And if thats true, we can spend what we want, with no repercussions, then why does Canada not look like Dubai with streets paved in gold...  

Precisely. Anyone who knows anything about money and banking - knows that Canada's system is not like America's.

====

IMHO, there are several defining characteristics about civilised Canada. Here are three:

1. Our monetary system.

2. We get along.

3. Many of the minority willing to vote for the majority.  

• Like 1

In 2008, about 95% of black Americans voted for Obama.

In 1896, about 45% of Quebecers voted for a Protestant Anglophone - rather than Laurier.

====

The measure of civility in a society is not how the majority treats the minority.

The measure is how the minority chooses when it is free to choose.

======

I now oppose gay marriage. It is absurd to say that Elton John is "married" and has a "husband".

Yet, in Germany this past summer, at a train station, I saw two men engaging in public kissing. Clearly, one was leaving the other.

This public individual display of affection is what we should collectively defend. Not the word "marriage". 

Admittedly, I was tempted to tell the two guys to get a room - but I was a tourist.

Years ago, in a village in Newfoundland, I recall watching a woman feed a man in a wheelchair who could not use his arms. I watched him chew as she put the spoons of food in his mouth.

I realised that this man relies on this woman for life.

=====

If two people want to help each other, it is wrong to condemn them. 

• Like 1

thanks the internet and social media

Canadian society has been absorbed into the American monoculture

the average Canadian knows almost nothing about Canada,

the average Canadian is just on their smart phone all day every day, awash in the American culture

Canadians do not get along anymore, Canadians are divided along the exact same lines as the Americans

and the Canadian monetary system is not different from the American

the Bank of Canada operates in lock step with the Federal Reserve

and in 2020, Canada hit an all time high of 129% debt to GDP ratio

so Canada is now just as indebted as America is,

following the exact same permanent Quantitative Easing debt based model

• Like 3

On 8/29/2022 at 8:54 AM, Queenmandy85 said:

It is interesting that the 10 billion dollar surplus has not produced even a whisper after all the criticism of over spending.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-federal-government-posts-102-billion-surplus-for-fiscal-first-quarter/

Surplus after adding a million new taxes to give out to the homosexuals and other special interest groups

You in Canada have very massive areas of inland water. That means fresh water which is absolutely precious. 

How are you managing it? We in Finland also have a lot of fresh water and our traitor politicians are giving their ownership away. 

19 hours ago, August1991 said:

Precisely. Anyone who knows anything about money and banking - knows that Canada's system is not like America's.

====

IMHO, there are several defining characteristics about civilised Canada. Here are three:

1. Our monetary system.

2. We get along.

3. Many of the minority willing to vote for the majority.  

Then where is the media getting this deficit figures from ?and if there is no deficit then why are our streets not paved with gold, why are premiers screaming for funding for health care, why is almost every government department under funded ? 

9 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Is it absurd to him and his husband?  Why should we go by your definition of what is absurd?

Why not, in todays world you can identify as a fire truck if you want, and have pronouns of they and them, now if that can fly, without any real academic discussion then why can we not make up definitions as we see fit... 

18 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

because they waste all their funds

throwing more money at them won't fix the problem

because they'll waste that money too

Who cares if it is wasted, they just make more right no deficit to worry about just keep spending...

55 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Why not, in todays world you can identify as a fire truck if you want, and have pronouns of they and them, now if that can fly, without any real academic discussion then why can we not make up definitions as we see fit... 

except married and husband are not terms someone pulled out of their ass…. They’re governed by federal law. 

50 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Who cares if it is wasted, they just make more right no deficit to worry about just keep spending...

the bureaucracy expands to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy

once the bureaucracy becomes so bloated that it's useless or outright counterproductive

it's time to kill it and replace it with a leaner and meaner, more tightly focused institution

not cling to bureaucratic nostalgia as the red tape and make work piles up

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

except married and husband are not terms someone pulled out of their ass…. They’re governed by federal law. 

So what?  This is why I consider you a Marxist, because you think that the state is the arbiter of morality.  Governments have committed genocide.  There can be unjust laws.  You don’t have to agree with something just because the government supports it.

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

So what?  This is why I consider you a Marxist, because you think that the state is the arbiter of morality.  Governments have committed genocide.  There can be unjust laws.  You don’t have to agree with something just because the government supports it.

slavery used to be legal

did that make it moral, TreeBeard?

4 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Just the opposite.  When gay marriage was disallowed, the state was imposing morals onto citizens.  

What do you think shapes all laws and decision-making?   Laws should be morality or principle-driven.  Once government loses moral purpose it becomes vapid and nihilistic.  Gay marriage wasn’t allowed until recently.  Your language is misleading.  We have come to accept gay marriage under the law due to the attitudes of certain representatives and jurists, but that doesn’t mean that everyone thinks it’s moral or good.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

4 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

What do you think shapes all laws and decision-making?   Laws should be morality or principle-driven.  Once government loses moral purpose it becomes vapid and nihilistic.  Gay marriage wasn’t allowed until recently.  Your language is misleading.  We have come to accept gay marriage under the law due to the attitudes of certain representatives and jurists, but that doesn’t mean that everyone thinks it’s moral or good.  

You have it completely backward.  Laws should be based on harm to others, or harm to society and the principle of equality, not what you or I think is immoral.  
Your way is how we have intrusive government into the bedrooms of its citizens.  

52 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

You have it completely backward.  Laws should be based on harm to others, or harm to society and the principle of equality, not what you or I think is immoral.  
Your way is how we have intrusive government into the bedrooms of its citizens.  

No.  You’re into social engineering immoral/amoral behaviour and the  abuse/death of the vulnerable to suit the young and able.