Jump to content

Federal Government in a Surplus


Recommended Posts

It is interesting that the 10 billion dollar surplus has not produced even a whisper after all the criticism of over spending.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-federal-government-posts-102-billion-surplus-for-fiscal-first-quarter/

Edited by Queenmandy85
I'm a lousy speller
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

No. It's legit. 

It just means that the government got more unfair tax revenue from fleecing people with gas taxes during massive inflation.  The game is to form a budget based on debt and overspending and then show that you beat your forecast.  Grossly irresponsible government.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The spending is based on how much it costs to provide the services people want,( although they are paying the bare minimum for healthcare, ) and the taxes are calculated to cover the expenses and also, in the case of the carbon tax, to discourage carbon emissions. Where is the unfairness? Would it be better to add a further tax burden on our grandchildren? We created the debt. It is up to us to pay the debt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Queenmandy85 said:

The spending is based on how much it costs to provide the services people want,( although they are paying the bare minimum for healthcare, ) and the taxes are calculated to cover the expenses and also, in the case of the carbon tax, to discourage carbon emissions. Where is the unfairness? Would it be better to add a further tax burden on our grandchildren? We created the debt. It is up to us to pay the debt.

The carbon taxes and federal gas taxes are an absolute crime in this inflationary period.  Ontario has sacrificed its gas taxes to help consumers, but not this federal government, which cares only about ramming through its own ideological projects, not the citizens who are facing an extremely high cost of living.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The carbon taxes and federal gas taxes are an absolute crime in this inflationary period.  Ontario has sacrificed its gas taxes to help consumers, but not this federal government, which cares only about ramming through its own ideological projects, not the citizens who are facing an extremely high cost of living.

Like $100 Million to LGBTQ++++++??

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pmn/canada-news-pmn/canada-invests-100-million-into-historic-action-plan-for-lgbtq2s-communities

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Climate change is not an ideology, nor will the crisis wait for the world economy to tackle inflation. Human caused global warming was recognized as a scientific fact in the 1970's and if we had tackled it then as a global community, we would not be having the minor indications of what is coming down on us over the next few centuries now. 

A scientific fact is a hypothesis that can be tested repeatedly with the same results. The hypothesis that carbon dioxide and methane, among other gases, inhibit the re-radiation of energy can be tested in any undergraduate physics lab and the results are predictable, measurable and repeatable. When some Danish clown writes a book telling you it ain't so, he is a con man out to sell books.

The 2SLGBTQI+ issue could be better understood if you  "walk a mile in their shoes." There are close to 3.5 million people in Canada who are from that community. They are represented by Liberals, Conservatives and NDP in Parliament, so it is hardly ideological.

Edited by Queenmandy85
Spelling again. Sorry Mrs. Treadwell.
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

2SLGBTQlAWTF . . . . thinking 'they' (alphabet folks) might want to further distinguish themselves by eye color, preference in breakfast cereals, or perhaps choice of 2ply over 3ply toilet paper.  Sky's the limit here folks!  

 

What are they getting that you don’t?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Did I miss your category?  Let me know what it is, or what you prefer, and all future discourse will be addressed in your chosen sequence of capitol letters.

 

click on the person who wrote this propaganda piece for the Liberals : Bill Curry

scroll down and you wlll see that every single "article" he writes is really just a press release for the Liberals

what's far more pathetic tho

is how Queenmandy drinks this totalitarian Kool-Aid like it was mother's milk

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

It is interesting that the 10 billion dollar surplus has not produced even a whisper after all the criticism of over spending.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-federal-government-posts-102-billion-surplus-for-fiscal-first-quarter/

I have a great big surplus in my bank account, too. Of course, I haven't paid for the mortgage yet, or made the car payment, or paid for the cable/internet. So... whoopee?

In other words, a 'surplus' in a partial calendar period is hardly of any interest given the Trudeau government is still headed for another large deficit. Besides, which, every time it looks like a bit more money is coming in, say due to higher oil prices, Justin Trudeau finds more ways to borrow more money so he can buy votes and popularity points.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

The spending is based on how much it costs to provide the services people want,( although they are paying the bare minimum for healthcare, ) and the taxes are calculated to cover the expenses and also, in the case of the carbon tax, to discourage carbon emissions. Where is the unfairness? Would it be better to add a further tax burden on our grandchildren? We created the debt. It is up to us to pay the debt.

You talk like the budget is balanced rather than Canada headed for its eighth straight deficit under Trudeau. And none of them, by the way, have been as small as the ten billion he promised to run for a single year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Vote buying and virtue signaling. Trudeau's two favourite things.

Oh, wait, and corruption. I wonder how many Liberal-friendly groups are in for a big payday out of this...

Edited by I am Groot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

 I think you’ve gotten trillions…

I'm trying to imagine any context in which that's understandable, or at least something meant to be mildly amusing but I'm at a loss. Did you intend to write these specific words in this order? 

Edited by I am Groot
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

It is interesting that the 10 billion dollar surplus has not produced even a whisper after all the criticism of over spending.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-federal-government-posts-102-billion-surplus-for-fiscal-first-quarter/

Where did it come from?  They sold the land under our feet to the Chinese?

That has to be it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Climate change is not an ideology, nor will the crisis wait for the world economy to tackle inflation. Human caused global warming was recognized as a scientific fact in the 1970's and if we had tackled it then as a global community, we would not be having the minor indications of what is coming down on us over the next few centuries now. 

A scientific fact is a hypothesis that can be tested repeatedly with the same results. The hypothesis that carbon dioxide and methane, among other gases, inhibit the re-radiation of energy can be tested in any undergraduate physics lab and the results are predictable, measurable and repeatable. When some Danish clown writes a book telling you it ain't so, he is a con man out to sell books.

The 2SLGBTQI+ issue could be better understood if you  "walk a mile in their shoes." There are close to 3.5 million people in Canada who are from that community. They are represented by Liberals, Conservatives and NDP in Parliament, so it is hardly ideological.

Spending money to fight “human made climate change” is supremely wasteful and dumb.  Spend billions of tax dollars and raise the cost of living for decades to have a nominal impact on global warming.  My guess is that this manufactured crisis will be discarded like the Malthusian idea that population growth will outgrow the food supply.

With regard to LGBTQ+, why do people with different sexual orientation and identities need extra money and programs?  It’s a stupid waste of money and highly discriminatory.  What other groups get extra stuff?  What about the sewing bee people?  The atheist farmers?  How about the nudist treehuggers?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

What are they getting that you don’t?

I have no issues with the gay community, but they have a huge lobby group, thats treated in most respects better than any other in Canada. well over 100 calendar days are put aside for LGBT groups, gay pride is an entire month... Vets have one day Nov 11, indigenous have 3 days, BLM have a week, Our schools are teaching the one million different genders, medical facilities are giving hormone blockers to kids, our language has been altered to accommodate new gender pronouns and we did all that with out any scientific proof... nobody needs science any more , the new NASA mission is going to come back with the moon is made from green cheese that will convert liberals into Americans.

And Canada will start it's own space agency to mine the moon. and Canada will get it's own liberation day holiday. Justin will move to France and there will be balance in the force once more. 

Edited by Army Guy
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Fake news . . . ?

It's not fake news.

Our federal government is not in debt- and our provincial governments have collected claims.

The Caisse and the OMER, Teacher's. The Norwegian system. They have paper claims on future real returns.

Canada and Norway are solvent.

Older Norwegians - like many Canadians - expect that their pension scheme, paper money, will pay for their real care.

======

But we and they all rely on the Americans and their ability to solve their debt problems. 

 

 

Edited by August1991
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,744
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Mark Partiwaka
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • phoenyx75 earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Venandi went up a rank
      Collaborator
    • phoenyx75 went up a rank
      Rookie
    • paradox34 earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • DACHSHUND went up a rank
      Rookie
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...