Trudeau wants to ban handguns and toys?

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/canadas-trudeau-announces-legislation-prevent-buying-selling-handguns-2022-05-30/

Pixie-Dust has officially flown the coup. Now he wants to ban handguns and TOYS that look like handguns.

I wonder if he thinks this will actually reduce their use by the criminals who use them? Is he really this stupid? 

Even the CBC agrees this proposal wouldn't help as most handgun violence is done by people with illegal guns. https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/fact-check-gun-violence-1.6166328

Just one more swing and a miss by the little girl in our PM's office.

Edited by Nationalist
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On the one article I looked at it didn't mention anything about tougher sentencing for those using guns to actually commit crimes but then that's the Liberal way. Just go after the low hanging fruit as usual.

Trudeau says he'll make streets safer but his new gun bill won't help | Toronto Sun

Trudeau is the master of virtue signaling though. But what a drama queen!

• Like 2

I’ve never owned a gun besides a BB rifle at the lake cottage when I was a kid. But... the way life is going and the way government is allowing it, I’ve been thinking of a handgun for my home. Public vagrancy is now celebrated and encouraged. Home invasions are more common. Stepping over people sleeping in transit stations is becoming routine.

When the PAYbec Punk says I can’t is precisely when it will happen and I have zero concern if it’s illegal or not.

• Like 1

in 2020, 529 guns were seized in Toronto. 318 of them were illegal firearms. I suspect the same goes for every major city in the nation. Trudeau and the Libbies are simply grandstanding. All they'll do is make things worse for law abiding citizens.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RedDog said:

I’ve never owned a gun besides a BB rifle at the lake cottage when I was a kid. But... the way life is going and the way government is allowing it, I’ve been thinking of a handgun for my home. Public vagrancy is now celebrated and encouraged. Home invasions are more common. Stepping over people sleeping in transit stations is becoming routine.

When the PAYbec Punk says I can’t is precisely when it will happen and I have zero concern if it’s illegal or not.

This was a crazy case from years ago. This guy should never have been charged in the first place.

Man acquitted of firing warning shots at group who firebombed home | CTV News

12 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Had a permit to 'pack' for many years under the provision for miners and trappers. There'll be miners that will disregard the prancing dipshit's regulations and 'pack' for safety reasons.  .41  calibre is the minimum  . . . bear stopper.

Bears are the only reason I have for my rifles, but I have to say, I wouldn't feel comfortable shooting at a bear with anything less than an M72 LAW.

13 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Bears are the only reason I have for my rifles, but I have to say, I wouldn't feel comfortable shooting at a bear with anything less than an M72 LAW.

A handgun of any calibre isn't the optimum self-defense weapon for bears. A short shotgun/slug combination is much better . . . but moving through thick coastal vegetation with a large pack, a longer firearm is always in the way.  

• Like 1

What is the reason for having a gun legally? Why should anyone need a gun? We don't want a society like the US where so many murders are committed by gun owners. It is like the law of jungle. It will be a lot safer for everyone if no one has a gun. And put those with illegal guns in jail and throw away the key.

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

in 2020, 529 guns were seized in Toronto. 318 of them were illegal firearms. I suspect the same goes for every major city in the nation. Trudeau and the Libbies are simply grandstanding. All they'll do is make things worse for law abiding citizens.

Anyone and everyone that wants a gun can and will get one, regardless of any laws, rules or regulations.

This is governmental show business. Been tried and failed with all parties in power. Whatever one party does, the other changes it.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

?

Don't you live in a CONDO ?  You don't have a security guard downstairs ?

Yes. A very nice building on a lake in an upper middle income neighborhood. There are cameras everywhere.

My concern is public places where it’s vagrant/homeless city everywhere now. None of this is an issue at the winter place in Cocoa Beach (Brevard Co. FL) where vagrants are arrested and in chain gangs picking up litter on the causeways.

My luxury building is 55+. I am likely the youngest owner. Seniors are afraid to venture out.

47 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Had a permit to 'pack' for many years under the provision for miners and trappers. There'll be miners that will disregard the prancing dipshit's regulations and 'pack' for safety reasons.  .41  calibre is the minimum  . . . bear stopper.

Read the whole story and don't be dramatic.

"The handgun freeze would contain exceptions, including for elite sport shooters, Olympic athletes and security guards. Canadians who already own handguns would be allowed to keep them."

8 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Read the whole story and don't be dramatic.

"The handgun freeze would contain exceptions, including for elite sport shooters, Olympic athletes and security guards. Canadians who already own handguns would be allowed to keep them."

My reference to your beloved PM as a 'prancing dipshit' may have triggered you . . . oh well.

27 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

What is the reason for having a gun legally? Why should anyone need a gun? We don't want a society like the US where so many murders are committed by gun owners. It is like the law of jungle. It will be a lot safer for everyone if no one has a gun. And put those with illegal guns in jail and throw away the key.

only criminals should have guns

they shouldn't have to fear that their law abiding victims might be able defend themselves with guns

that will reduce crime, not incentivize it

great plan

Edited by Yzermandius19

53 minutes ago, RedDog said:

1. My concern is public places where it’s vagrant/homeless city everywhere now. None of this is an issue at the winter place in Cocoa Beach (Brevard Co. FL) where vagrants are arrested and in chain gangs picking up litter on the causeways.

2. My luxury building is 55+. I am likely the youngest owner. Seniors are afraid to venture out.

1. Ok not for 'home' then but for walkabouts ?  Concealed carry... is there a license for that in AB ?  Doesn't seem so:

https://www.alberta.ca/firearms-safety.aspx

2. Yes, Edmonton is making the national news on this - heard it on the radio today.  I need to look into the issues to understand more but your perspective is informative.  I'm sorry.

51 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

they shouldn't have to fear that their law abiding victims might be able defend themselves with guns

that will reduce crime, not incentivize it

great plan

No, those criminals with gun must be put in jail and the keys thrown away. Too bad we don't have Capital Punishment (and private health care) in Canada.. Put criminals in jail and tax payers have to pay to keep them there!!!!!! Price we all pay for democracy.

1 hour ago, Nefarious Banana said:

My reference to your beloved PM as a 'prancing dipshit' may have triggered you . . . oh well.

Nope, your stupid statement triggered me.

Read the article before you make baseless comments. Being uninformed and incorrect seems to be your forte.

BTW, I am far form a liberal supporter. If you hate the son, you should have been around for the fool of a father. And followed by idiot Chretien. The only liberal leader that may have been OK was Martin abut he even pissed off his own party and out he went.

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Anyone and everyone that wants a gun can and will get one, regardless of any laws, rules or regulations.

This is governmental show business. Been tried and failed with all parties in power. Whatever one party does, the other changes it.

Maybe they should try being PROactive, instead of REactive?

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Sorry but the 'good guy with a gun' argument died along with the 19 children who were waiting for the armed cops outside to figure out what to do.   The country with the loosest laws has the most guns and the most deaths, go figure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cougar said:

Well, I support him in this regard.

And your hope being that what? All legally owned pistols are removed from public access...so that the only one's with pistols are the criminals?

Good sound thinking.

Edited by Nationalist

2 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Unsure how.

Bust Up The Street Gangs. Declare war on them.

Jail them for fucking ever...no matter what some gaggle of momma's and Libbies think.

Forever.

Make the penalty so huge, that none would cross the line.

That's how.

Edited by Nationalist