Trudeau wants to ban handguns and toys?

"leader" is in fact the wrong word

the gangs are in the drug business

so the top man in any gang would more accurately be described as the "supplier"

the hierarchy is based on who has control of the source of the drugs

a pecking order is established not by leadership, but rather by access to the supply

the gang battles are generally about bypassing this supply chain

one member of the gang branches out and gains his own supply

this then challenges the established supplier

the two factions then go to war over which supply chain is going to be the source of the drugs for the gang

9 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Gangs, of one type or another have been around for millennia.  Controlling or wiping them out has been impossible for any law enforcement.

As for the drugs, well with BC now allowing 2.5 grams as a freebie it makes things even worse. I cannot fathom that free injection sites for users buying illegal drugs from illegal pushers and being to take illegal drugs freely while there are record numbers of overdoses is doing anything to diminish drug use.

They're not trying to diminish drug use they're trying to diminish deaths from poisoned drugs.  In any case they'll still fail at doing both.

If they'd simply legalize all drugs and more importantly their production by qualified producers and distributors they'd put a big dent in the gangs and deaths and at the end of the day they'd have more resources available for diminishing drug use. 

8 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

the gangs are far more powerful than the feeble government

the gangs can kill any cop or politician they choose to, at any time

organized crime is run by international cartels, no government official is really protected from them

These street gangs are not as good as you think. Mostly they're young and inexperienced. 

11 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Why does it matter, The Canadian public has already bought into the government's lies. 

I take it you live in the city, don't hunt or fish, or do any sport shooting...this ban includes kids bb/pellet guns plus paintball and airsoft guns... let's not forget replica firearms as well. 

This is not the US, we already have some of the most restrictive gun control measures in the western nations. these measures are not to make it harder for criminals to get guns, it's about punishing legal gun owners who abide by the law. 

That is incorrect. Replicas yes.

Criminals wlll have no more problem getting weapons now than before. A criminal does not register with the government, they get guns elsewhere.

7 hours ago, eyeball said:

They're not trying to diminish drug use they're trying to diminish deaths from poisoned drugs.  In any case they'll still fail at doing both.

If they'd simply legalize all drugs and more importantly their production by qualified producers and distributors they'd put a big dent in the gangs and deaths and at the end of the day they'd have more resources available for diminishing drug use. 

It is not the qualified producers that is the problem because most opioids on the street nowadays are not prescribed but made in garages or illegal factories overseas.

8 hours ago, eyeball said:

Plus, think of all the money they could make. Cash windfall

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

It is not the qualified producers that is the problem because most opioids on the street nowadays are not prescribed but made in garages or illegal factories overseas.

Note I also said qualified distributors.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Plus, think of all the money they could make. Cash windfall

There'd be no windfall because the price would plummet.

Pot can be had for a couple hundred bucks a pound now it's so cheap following legalisation.

Why is it that conservatives have to be dragged kicking and screaming to everything?

27 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Pot can be had for a couple hundred bucks a pound now it's so cheap following legalisation.

Why is it that conservatives have to be dragged kicking and screaming to everything?

liberals want to ban guns

conservatives want to ban drugs

and both prohibitions mentioned are a boon to organized crime

fuck the Prohees and the horse they rode in on

Edited by Yzermandius19

6 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

liberals want to ban guns

I don't want to ban them I just want far greater controls placed on them.  Trigger locks with gps chips to track them, public armouries to store them, safe places for shooting them for example.

8 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I don't want to ban them I just want far greater controls placed on them.  Trigger locks with gps chips to track them, public armouries to store them, safe places for shooting them for example.

you're just like the conservatives who want greater controls placed on drugs that you malign

a giant hypocrite empowering organized crime

you have no moral high ground to preach from

so do us the favor of not pretending you do

Canadian gun laws are far too restrictive as it is

and you want more?

typical Canadian gun grabber

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

you're just like the conservatives who want greater controls placed on drugs that you malign

a giant hypocrite empowering organized crime

you have no moral high ground to preach from

so do us the favor of not pretending you do

Canadian gun laws are far too restrictive as it is

and you want more?

typical Canadian gun grabber

Horseshit. I simply want to make both things safer with controls on the things themselves. People like you OTOH are far more prone to try and control people.

THAT'S the difference.

15 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Nor the qualified distributors. It is the illegal manufacturer and illegal distribution that is the problem.

I clearly said both are the problem. This is because the law won't allow producers or distributors to operate legitimately and with proper standards and controls. What are you missing?

33 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Horseshit. I simply want to make both things safer with controls on the things themselves. People like you OTOH are far more prone to try and control people.

THAT'S the difference.

I have a strong libertarian streak

you are the one who thinks the solution to every problem is more government control

under the idiotic assumption that more government control equals more safety

you're the one who wants to control people, not me

THAT'S the difference

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Pot can be had for a couple hundred bucks a pound now it's so cheap following legalisation

Pot is ridiculously expense after legalization, and you can’t buy it by the pound.

I guess youre talking black market prices now. Little fly in the legalization ointment. Oh well

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

I clearly said both are the problem. This is because the law won't allow producers or distributors to operate legitimately and with proper standards and controls. What are you missing?

No you did not. You said "If they'd simply legalize all drugs and more importantly their production by qualified producers and distributors"

Are you saying pharmaceutical companies and distributors are working against existing laws?

4 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I have a strong libertarian streak

you are the one who thinks the solution to every problem is more government control

under the idiotic assumption that more government control equals more safety

you're the one who wants to control people, not me

THAT'S the difference

No I think the real difference is that you want no controls whatsoever. Things, people, nothing.

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

No you did not. You said "If they'd simply legalize all drugs and more importantly their production by qualified producers and distributors"

Are you saying pharmaceutical companies and distributors are working against existing laws?

No, I'm saying they're not allowed to produce, distribute or sell within the law.

Hence the need for criminals and guns.

11 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

That is incorrect. Replicas yes.

Criminals wlll have no more problem getting weapons now than before. A criminal does not register with the government, they get guns elsewhere.

The new bill clearly mentions replicas, of all types the way it is worded it could be interpreted to include airsoft/bb/pellet guns that look like or resemble existing banned firearms.

Airsoft industry up in arms over new gun bill | Toronto Sun

Scroll down to near the bottom of this source, and tell me if you can tell the difference between airsoft and real weapons, note the M-60 machine gun, with the very real-looking dummy ammo hanging off the side..

It makes no sense at all to ban replica guns and then leave these guns on the market. very few have the bright orange cap on the end to denote a toy...

Did The Canadian Government Include Airsoft Guns In Its New Weapons Ban? | Popular Airsoft: Welcome To The Airsoft World

7 hours ago, eyeball said:

It is what you are missing, drug users don't want government-made clean drugs, why do you think they are using the drugs laced with killer ingredients It is the High they get off of them...they are looking for a better high... this coming from a documentary done in BC.

Do you think for one minute that government-produced clean drugs could compete with street drug prices or availability Are they going to give it away, a social program for addicts...sounds like an open invitation to get alot more kids hooked on these drugs..        

look at weed, do you think the government weed stores have stopped any illegal weed on the streets? Not really, it is not, gangs are still making money selling weed lots of money... 

Canada's Illegal Cannabis Market Is Still Strong but on the Decline | Article | Analytical Cannabis

• Like 1