Trudeau wants to ban handguns and toys?

7 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

And your hope being that what? All legally owned pistols are removed from public access...so that the only one's with pistols are the criminals?

Good sound thinking.

I hope all illegal guns are removed from the public.  You have to start somewhere.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cougar said:

I hope all illegal guns are removed from the public.  You have to start somewhere.

And how might you do that? Think the criminals may just give them up?

To disarm the criminals with guns, we'd need to declare war on street gangs.

Would you be prepared for that?

12 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Bust Up The Street Gangs. Declare war on them.

Jail them for fucking ever...no matter what some gaggle of momma's and Libbies think.

Forever.

Make the penalty so huge, that none would cross the line.

That's how.

Been trying  to bust up street gangs since forever and they just get stronger.

!

16 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

No. They've been pussyfooting with the Gangs.

I mean DECLARE WAR! The cops know who they are...go get them all.

38 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I have my doubts about that.

If you think about it, there will always be street gangs and illegal drugs no matter what, and if you get rid of all the ones that you know about then it's harder to keep tabs on the drug trafficking, and new gangs will start up which you know nothing about. When they're starting from scratch they'll probably need to sell Fentanyl to get start up money as well, and they'll also be more violent while they're trying to establish control of an area. 

They leave certain terrorists on the street for the same reasons. If they got rid of all the ones that they knew about then it would be harder to find out who the new ones are. Birds of a feather flock together, and they track their whereabouts, emails, texts, and everything else to find out who the new guys are and where the funding is coming from. 

I just wish that the gov't would do a better job of tracking where the Fentanyl deaths are coming from and make a serious example of someone. As in, with a noose. Pretty much everyone that I talk to knows someone under 25 who died of Fentanyl, and I don't live in an inner city area. 

Getting caught with more than 1/10 of a gram of Fentanyl should be enough to get 10 years in jail imo. Enough fucking around. 

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Read the whole story and don't be dramatic.

"The handgun freeze would contain exceptions, including for elite sport shooters, Olympic athletes and security guards. Canadians who already own handguns would be allowed to keep them."

Again, I’m not remotely concerned with what POTawa thinks. If I wish to own or carry a gun I will. Edmonton requires me to “register” my cat. I’ve owned an indoor Siamese cat all my life and it is absolutely no business of any government.

50 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

And how might you do that? Think the criminals may just give them up?

To disarm the criminals with guns, we'd need to declare war on street gangs.

Would you be prepared for that?

You have the police, doing checks and seizing unauthorized weapons.  Also customs officers who should prevent the smuggling of weapons.  If the system works, most weapons will be removed from the gangs.

What do you want me to do?  Buy myself a gun to protect myself and then the gun gets in the hands of thieves or one of my kids decides it is toy, or one day I go crazy (more than I am now) and go out on the street to shoot humans for fun?

The less weapons you have in the hands of the public, the safer the streets will be.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RedDog said:

Again, I’m not remotely concerned with what POTawa thinks. If I wish to own or carry a gun I will. Edmonton requires me to “register” my cat. I’ve owned an indoor Siamese cat all my life and it is absolutely no business of any government.

If you are a hunter or shoot for sport (which I find questionable grounds for owning a weapon) you will be allowed to have your gun.

I disagree that Canadians who already own handguns should be allowed to keep them.  They either meet the new criteria, or surrender the weapons.  The government can buy those weapons back from them.

Edited by cougar
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, RedDog said:

OK.

Really don't care about you and just pointing out you are a drama queen and do not know what you are talking about. Read the article and you may become a touch smarter. Difficult for you but it can be done.

A cat and a handgun,   brilliant comparison but expected nothing more LOL

Edited by ExFlyer

34 minutes ago, RedDog said:

If I wish to own or carry a gun I will. 

If you get caught carrying a gun, just say that you identify as a woman or that you're LGBTQP ( I put the P at the end so that a few more of us qualify - it stands for pervert).  You can't get sentenced to much in Canada if you're in a protected class. 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I have my doubts about that.

If you think about it, there will always be street gangs and illegal drugs no matter what, and if you get rid of all the ones that you know about then it's harder to keep tabs on the drug trafficking, and new gangs will start up which you know nothing about. When they're starting from scratch they'll probably need to sell Fentanyl to get start up money as well, and they'll also be more violent while they're trying to establish control of an area. 

They leave certain terrorists on the street for the same reasons. If they got rid of all the ones that they knew about then it would be harder to find out who the new ones are. Birds of a feather flock together, and they track their whereabouts, emails, texts, and everything else to find out who the new guys are and where the funding is coming from. 

I just wish that the gov't would do a better job of tracking where the Fentanyl deaths are coming from and make a serious example of someone. As in, with a noose. Pretty much everyone that I talk to knows someone under 25 who died of Fentanyl, and I don't live in an inner city area. 

Getting caught with more than 1/10 of a gram of Fentanyl should be enough to get 10 years in jail imo. Enough fucking around. 

Gangs, of one type or another have been around for millennia.  Controlling or wiping them out has been impossible for any law enforcement.

As for the drugs, well with BC now allowing 2.5 grams as a freebie it makes things even worse. I cannot fathom that free injection sites for users buying illegal drugs from illegal pushers and being to take illegal drugs freely while there are record numbers of overdoses is doing anything to diminish drug use.

1 hour ago, cougar said:

You have the police, doing checks and seizing unauthorized weapons.  Also customs officers who should prevent the smuggling of weapons.  If the system works, most weapons will be removed from the gangs.

What do you want me to do?  Buy myself a gun to protect myself and then the gun gets in the hands of thieves or one of my kids decides it is toy, or one day I go crazy (more than I am now) and go out on the street to shoot humans for fun?

The less weapons you have in the hands of the public, the safer the streets will be.

No. You have the police round up the gang leaders, and begin rounding them all up. There would be some gun fights as these gang bangers resist arrest. There would also be a lot of Libbies crying about the civil liberties of gang bangers. All that would need to be ignored.

The fact is, the system does NOT work. Hence we have guns galore and drugs galore. Not to mention the human trafficking that goes on. If the dam is full of holes...just build a new dam.

You? Support police efforts to rid our streets of guns and gang bangers. That's all. Its the easy part.

10 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

There would be some gun fights as these gang bangers resist arrest.

Were you not the one who was also going to fight in Ukraine to defend your country?

Why would I care what those gangs would do?  If the Police is not enough, send the army to deal with them.  They don't run our country.  You believe we should be like Mexico or Panama?

Edited by cougar

1 minute ago, cougar said:

Were you not the one who was also going to fight in Ukraine to defend your country?

Why would I care what those gangs would do?  If the Police is not enough, send the army to deal with them.  They don't run our country.  You believe we should be like Mexico or Panama?

No. I am not interested in some fight between Russia and Ukraine. We should stay the hell away from that mess.

Fine use the army. As long as the job gets done, I don't care which armed unit does the deed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

OK.

Really don't care about you and just pointing out you are a drama queen and do know what you are talking about. Read the article and you may become a touch smarter. Difficult for you but it can be done.

A cat and a handgun,   brilliant comparison but expected nothing more LOL

The real issue is what I consider the business of government. Cat or gun. The issue is irrelevant.

8 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

What is the reason for having a gun legally? Why should anyone need a gun? We don't want a society like the US where so many murders are committed by gun owners. It is like the law of jungle. It will be a lot safer for everyone if no one has a gun. And put those with illegal guns in jail and throw away the key.

Are you opposed to hunters being allowed to own firearms? I see nothing wrong with that. I have no problem with people that own handguns(legally) either. They have taken a restricted firearms course in order to own one and they are used for firing ranges. People in rural areas like myself often will have a small calibre rifle like a 22 for pest control.

There are people that have a good reason for owning a firearm. But the punks doing most of the shooting on the streets of our cities have nothing to worry about as far as the law is concerned.

A very interesting documentary by Ottawa U professor John Robson.

7 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

No, those criminals with gun must be put in jail and the keys thrown away. Too bad we don't have Capital Punishment (and private health care) in Canada.. Put criminals in jail and tax payers have to pay to keep them there!!!!!! Price we all pay for democracy.

how did that work during prohibition?

you live in a fantasy land

we have laws against all sorts of things

yet all the criminals aren't in jail

not even close

Edited by Yzermandius19

6 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Sorry but the 'good guy with a gun' argument died along with the 19 children who were waiting for the armed cops outside to figure out what to do.   The country with the loosest laws has the most guns and the most deaths, go figure.

correlation equals causation fallacy

but if you want to play that game

the parts of America with the most gun deaths have the least loose laws

so epic fail

gun control does not stop mass shootings

5 hours ago, cougar said:

I'm not sure what it's like in Canada but there was always a big stink in some US cities that allowed the police to do stop and frisk. The primary complaint was that was that it was...you guessed it, racist. It seems most of the one's being stopped and frisked were of the non-white persuasion. Never mind that the police did manage to get an awful lot of guns off the streets. If some punk get's his illegal weapons confiscated that's a great thing. The end did justify the means.

Crime dropped under stop-and-frisk, which is worth remembering in the rush to criticize it (nbcnews.com)

9 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

What is the reason for having a gun legally? Why should anyone need a gun? We don't want a society like the US where so many murders are committed by gun owners. It is like the law of jungle. It will be a lot safer for everyone if no one has a gun. And put those with illegal guns in jail and throw away the key.

Why does it matter, The Canadian public has already bought into the government's lies. 

I take it you live in the city, don't hunt or fish, or do any sport shooting...this ban includes kids bb/pellet guns plus paintball and airsoft guns... let's not forget replica firearms as well. 

This is not the US, we already have some of the most restrictive gun control measures in the western nations. these measures are not to make it harder for criminals to get guns, it's about punishing legal gun owners who abide by the law. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Sorry but the 'good guy with a gun' argument died along with the 19 children who were waiting for the armed cops outside to figure out what to do.   The country with the loosest laws has the most guns and the most deaths, go figure.

For a guy that normally has a good argument, this one sucks, for a couple of reasons, we should not base Canadian laws on American events...like we have been doing all along in the case of firearms... Our current gun laws are working just fine, except when people who don't know jack about the law or firearms policy get their panties in a knot...which is everyday.

Every firearm owner goes through an extensive background check "every day"... you break any of the firearm rules and regulations and the RCMP will be knocking on your door that day..., which includes seeking a medical professional for any mental health reasons, ...

The  RCMP has access to your medical records as well, as domestic abuse, and stalking, any firearm offense, improper storage of a firearm, and many many more,  RCMP can enter your home at any time to ensure your not breaking any gun laws and proper storage requirements. You can not use a firearm to defend yourself or your family, police will arrest you on-site until a court makes the judgment on your case, the laws are very stringent on using a firearm for defense. Be prepared to spend a long while behind bars, and they don't care if you can't pay bills or lose your home or whatever else you have...you broke the law and are guilty until proven innocent in these cases. there are so many laws on owning firearms, it is almost not worth having them...

The swiss also have loose gun control measures, but they are not facing anything like the US, they have come up with a common-sense solution to gun control and it works...Not banning guns because they look scary,

Switzerland: Example of How Gun Ownership and Mass Shootings Don’t Have to Coexist - Conservative Business Journal

8 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Bust Up The Street Gangs. Declare war on them.

the gangs are far more powerful than the feeble government

the gangs can kill any cop or politician they choose to, at any time

organized crime is run by international cartels, no government official is really protected from them

6 hours ago, Nationalist said:

No. You have the police round up the gang leaders, and begin rounding them all up.

the next guy in the pecking order then becomes the new leader

although, there really isn't much of a set hierarchy in a gang

a gang is a team of rivals

the gang leaders are at war with each other, killing each other constantly

but there is an endless supply of the next guy in the pecking order