Liberal Party and Online Censorship

1 hour ago, ironstone said:

True North, Post Millennial,Rebel News. These are much smaller media outlets and they don't get government money. They cover stories that you likely won't see in the Canadian MSM not to mention that there is actually another side to the story. Lauren Southern is great too. I can see you shaking your head and cursing out BS!

It's bad enough we have to fund the CBC never mind the media bailout by Trudeau.

Oh yeah, highly independent and for sure not politically far right LOL

You answered nope to my second question which clearly means you're fine with a Liberal government taking more control of what we can see and hear but you would not like it if it was a Conservative government doing it. Gotcha.

Nope, not even in the slightest.

Would not be happy if conservative, NDP, Bloc, PQ or other politcal party took control of media.

I am though, not as paranoid as so many on this forum are :)

True North, Post Millennial,Rebel News. These are much smaller media outlets and they don't get government money. They cover stories that you likely won't see in the Canadian MSM not to mention that there is actually another side to the story. Lauren Southern is great too. I can see you shaking your head and cursing out BS!

It's bad enough we have to fund the CBC never mind the media bailout by Trudeau.

I would add Druthers and The Western Standard.  Danielle Smith out of Alberta does some great interviews, too.

I find Rebel News a bit sensationalistic, but at least they report on things the MSM won't.

Edited by Goddess

2 hours ago, Goddess said:

I think most of the public is so used to having the nightly "news" tell them what to think by leaving out the parts they dont' want them to know and lapping up the regurgitated pablum "news" spoon-fed to them, that they wouldn't recognize real investigative journalism if it bit them on the nose.

? To work your analogy properly, it should be pointed out that Pablum is actually nutritious and good for you.. even if it is meant for babies. It's a lot better for you than poison, which is what the ambulance-chasing online news that you folks post is.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I can't see how government should be able to legislate legal content posted on a website/app.

Of course they can.  

Commercial speech is regulated, medical claims are regulated, you can't advise people on a raft of things unless you are licensed.  Hate speech is banned.  Many types of communication must be made in French and English.

I have taught you all of this for free... because you are my friend.

• Like 1

Whole departments and agencies exist in Canada whose primary function is to redo most of the work of US and international agencies then eventually adopt the policies of foreign bodies anyway.  As long as it’s Canadian content, no matter how bureaucratic, expensive, or mind-numbingly controlling the policies are, our government signs off and throws our money at it.  CRTC is a great example.  Hard to see the value of much of this work. Trudeau doesn’t even like Canada.  He’s all about the post-national state and handing over authority to the World Economic Forum.  Many of our legacy agencies/departments seem like make-work employment programs at this point.  Deregulate.  Trim.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Whole departments and agencies exist in Canada whose primary function is to redo most of the work of US and international agencies then eventually adopt the policies of foreign bodies anyway.  As long as it’s Canadian content, no matter how bureaucratic, expensive, or mind-numbingly  controlling the policies are, our government signs off and throws our money at it.  CRTC is a great example.  Hard to see the value of much of this work.  

Well, I get your point and it's thoughtful.  But I think it applies more to standards, policies and so on ... outside of culture.
CRTC is probably flawed, but there is value as long as you want Canada to have its own culture.

Nobody on here is Marxist enough to seriously propose abolishment of countries and establishment of international agencies to guarantee health and quality of life for working people across borders, which tells me people still want countries.  If you don't want Canada to be a cold Puerto Rico then you want the CRTC or some similar agency to exist.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 4:05 AM, ExFlyer said:

What if???

You make shit up and then try to pass it off as real and get called out as BS and then you turn it into some kind of "what if"?

You are one of the people this topic is is about, the ones that are constantly BS'ing

Is is real. It absolutely happened - 100% like I mentioned. A peaceful Canadian protester surrendered on his hands and knees, then he was beaten badly by police.

If you don't know that then there's a serious problem with your access to news.

Your snotty insults mean nothing to me, I obviously don't care what the wilfully ignorant sheeple think. 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Is is real. It absolutely happened - 100% like I mentioned. A peaceful Canadian protester surrendered on his hands and knees, then he was beaten badly by police.

If you don't know that then there's a serious problem with your access to news.

Your snotty insults mean nothing to me, I obviously don't care what the wilfully ignorant sheeple think. 

Still call you on the BS.

The blurry video is neither the start no tr the finish of an event. you know nor why that happened or what resulted in it.  Just another case of facebook partial video.

As for "snotty insults", Ha, you is da master at that.

On 3/28/2022 at 2:29 PM, ExFlyer said:

The government???

West, if you believe social media as a valid news source then it only demonstrates what kind of intellect you have..
Social media is no more than bar talk...  2 or more guys arguing who is right after 20 beers. LOL

If that's the case why is the government so threatened by "bar talk".  

• Thanks 2

On 3/29/2022 at 8:44 AM, Michael Hardner said:

1. Nobody has had their bank account seized from criticizing the government.  You are hurting democracy by perpetuating myths and lies about it.

2. Well they are wrong and uninformed.  Democracy depends on people spreading good information and so you are a democratic failure for not correcting them.

3. People believe ridiculous things and are afraid as a result, and you help cause that condition.

No but they were seized just for DONATING to the truckers convoy.  Scary.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2022 at 8:57 AM, Dougie93 said:

I don't think Canada is a free country anymore

freedom is however that liberty which one takes for himself

so I simply do as I see fit and defy Canada to try to stop me

I'm not easy to intimidate, I grew up in Regent Park, bro

ahwoolay

You are talking to a person who dearly loves Canada.  On the other hand I do NOT love Canada and what it has become.  

Now isn't there a new bill out there that basically demands Facebook and others to police their users

9 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Nobody on here is Marxist enough to seriously propose abolishment of countries and establishment of international agencies...

Only totalitarians would abolish. Trekkies would do their best imitation of a Theremin and whistle up the Star Trek theme.  Holding hands of course.

Any self-respecting authoritarian would vomit at the spectacle.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Of course they can.  

Commercial speech is regulated, medical claims are regulated, you can't advise people on a raft of things unless you are licensed.  Hate speech is banned.  Many types of communication must be made in French and English.

I have taught you all of this for free... because you are my friend.

Ok some content is regulated true.  CRTC also.  Isn't Twitter from the US, and Facebook? I just don't get it.  I don't even know where they'd even begin.

Propoganda coming from accounts using a VPN is very hard to trace.  There's no way to catch a lot of this stuff.

Thanks friend.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Faramir said:

You are talking to a person who dearly loves Canada.  On the other hand I do NOT love Canada and what it has become.  

Now isn't there a new bill out there that basically demands Facebook and others to police their users

Canada is just the Confederation

it's nothing but a boot heel upon our necks

the federal government serves no purpose but corruption

there's nothing to love about it

whatever it is you think you love, that is surely a willful self delusion

On 3/28/2022 at 5:29 PM, ExFlyer said:

The government???

West, if you believe social media as a valid news source then it only demonstrates what kind of intellect you have..
Social media is no more than bar talk...  2 or more guys arguing who is right after 20 beers. LOL

Hilarious!

So NOW all of the sudden, social media is just a gossip column and the social media giants are not tech companies. 

What a crock.

Libbies...you weaponized the news media and now you want to weaponize the internet. But those more interested in truth have already formed independent internet media like this one.

You, Pixie-Dust and the Star can all go rot for all I care. There is now, thanks to recent events, a very large, growing and loud mass of people who realize they've been lied to over and over. We're pissed about it all...and we're coming to your neighborhood in force.

Enjoy that...Libbies. 

17 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Hilarious!

So NOW all of the sudden, social media is just a gossip column and the social media giants are not tech companies. 

What a crock.

Libbies...you weaponized the news media and now you want to weaponize the internet. But those more interested in truth have already formed independent internet media like this one.

You, Pixie-Dust and the Star can all go rot for all I care. There is now, thanks to recent events, a very large, growing and loud mass of people who realize they've been lied to over and over. We're pissed about it all...and we're coming to your neighborhood in force.

Enjoy that...Libbies. 

Absolutely positively social media is just a gossip column. The title "social" media is descriptive of that.

Nothing on "social"media has to be factual, proven, with context or even relevant.

If you think "libbies" weaponize the news media, what do you think social media does??? LOL Your post is threatening with comments like "we're coming to your neighborhood in force."

What social media does is enable people like you to make threats like " we're coming to your neighborhood in force." without recourse to you.... or maybe there will be recourse for making threats under the new law.

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Absolutely positively social media is just a gossip column. The title "social" media is descriptive of that.

Nothing on "social"media has to be factual, proven, with context or even relevant.

If you think "libbies" weaponize the news media, what do you think social media does??? LOL

What social media does is enable people like you to make threats like " we're coming to your neighborhood in force." without recourse to you.... or maybe there will be recourse for making threats under the new law.

It a promise.

And you can take your shiny new law and shove it right where the sun don't shine.

The globalist Tweenkie movement is dieing under the sheer volume and weight of their own horseshit.

Pixie-Dust Trudeau is now an international joke. Globalist ideology is the primary reason for the current inflation and a HUGE factor in the Ukraine war resolution. 

They've overplayed their hand and now...that hand has gangrene and needs to be amputated. 

But you can rejoice because...

"Its all for the greater good."

Edited by Nationalist
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

It a promise.

And you can take your shiny new law and shove it right where the sun don't shine.

The globalist Tweenkie movement is dieing under the sheer volume and weight of their own horseshit.

Pixie-Dust Trudeau is now an international joke. Globalist ideology is the primary reason for the current inflation and a HUGE factor in the Ukraine war resolution. 

They've overplayed their hand and now...that hand has gangrene and needs to be amputated. 

But you can rejoice because...

Wow, what a bitter twisted little man (or manette) LOL

You are Nationalist?   

Definition; "Someone who's nationalistic believes their country is better than any other country." and, judging by your posts, You are the farthest thing from a Nationalist as one can be  LOL

35 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Pixie-Dust Trudeau is now an international joke.

The other day I read on this forum that Trudeau is one of the movers and shakers for the NWO, leading the international community as directed by the WEF.    Today he's an international joke.  Sure wish the conspiracy lovers on here could come together to form a coherent conspiracy.  

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Wow, what a bitter twisted little man (or manette) LOL

You are Nationalist?   

Definition; "Someone who's nationalistic believes their country is better than any other country." and, judging by your posts, You are the farthest thing from a Nationalist as one can be  LOL

Well Libbie...your limp attempt at insults is not only typical, but also expected. You have no skirt to hide behind when faced with cold facts...so you go for the insults.

I am a Nationalist. And lots more, just like me, are being created daily. Created by the obvious failures of Globalism. By the authoritarian methods of Pixie-Dust and Co. By the seething lies of Canadian news media.

But as I said...you can rejoice because...

Enjoy.

Edited by Nationalist

16 minutes ago, dialamah said:

The other day I read on this forum that Trudeau is one of the movers and shakers for the NWO, leading the international community as directed by the WEF.    Today he's an international joke.  Sure wish the conspiracy lovers on here could come together to form a coherent conspiracy.  

LOL...rattle rattle rattle...