Jump to content

Socialism is Evil


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, blackbird said:

I think we agree on that.   I look at police, roads, fire protection as basic public services, not Socialism. 

Just one of the serious problems arising out of our Socialist public health care system in B.C. is that it was reported today that 900,000 people in B.C. do not have their own family doctor.  The Socialist NDP solution is to build clinics where mass health care can be provided.  This would provide second class care, not the kind of care people would get with their own family doctor who knows their health conditions and problems and is dedicated to his patients.  Socialist politicians don't worry about things like that.  They just want to mass produce inferior services because there would never be enough money to provide first class services in the Socialist system.  A large part of the money has to go to the huge bureaucracy to run it.  B.C. is facing contract demands in a few months for 300,000 public servants whose contracts are up for renewal and they want 5% to cover inflation.  This will cost billions more.  The money is just not there.  This on top of everything else like millions for the RCMP for retroactive pay, and massive housing shortages, etc.

BC is a strange place. It has everything it needs to be successful. But they keep electing NDP twits.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

I disagree.

Socialism is about control. I believe the phrase is "control of the means of production."

You can have police and firehalls and not be a socialist. You can even have your roads paved and not be a socialist, That's not socialism.

When you hand over your right to own or control property or for that matter have rights, now you're a socialist. Good luck with that.

Well sadly that's already the case in Canada. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/22/2022 at 4:37 PM, blackbird said:

Socialism is evil for five key reasons:

1. Socialism is Based on a Materialistic Worldview.

2. Socialism punishes virtue.

3. Socialism Endorses Stealing.

4. Socialism Encourages Envy and Class Warfare.

5. Socialism Seeks to Destroy Marriage and Family.

  From Julie Roys, Christian Post contributor July 12, 2016.

For the detailed explanation of each of these five points, please go to:

5 Reasons Socialism Is Not Christian | Opinion News (christianpost.com)

   Since the federal NDP and Liberals have reached an agreement which includes the governing Liberals enacting more major social programs such as dental care, and pharmacare, in addition to the existing programs, the question of whether it is moral or not should be examined.  These programs sound good on the surface or without an in depth examination of what it all means.  But the fact is they will cost Canadians tens of billions of dollars on top of the hundreds of billions of dollars of debt we already have.  There is no such thing as a free lunch.  Somebody has to pay for all these expensive programs and the only people who can pay are the taxpayers.  But many Canadians are already stretched beyond the brink and struggling to make end's meet.  So how will all this work and is it fair for taxpayers?  Gas prices are already beyond reasonable, real estate and rents in cities is getting out of sight, and food is going up.  Yet the left wing parties and politicians believe now is the time to really splurge on social programs.  They also believe we should not spend on our poverty-stricken Canadian forces, even at a time when the world has changed and we face serious aggressive behavior from adversaries in the world.  So it is really a moral issue as well as a political issue.

Please define socialism in one sentence as you understand it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, SkyHigh said:

Please define socialism in one sentence as you understand it

Why would I try to define it in my own words, which would fall short of accuracy, when I have professional definitions on the internet?

Quote

so·cial·ism

[ˈsōSHəˌlizəm]

NOUN

a political and economic theory of social organization which advocates that the means of production, distribution, and exchange should be owned or regulated by the community as a whole.

synonyms:

leftism · Fabianism · syndicalism · consumer socialism · utopian socialism · welfarism · communism · Bolshevism · radicalism · militancy · progressivism · 

[more]

policy or practice based on the political and economic theory of socialism.

synonyms:

leftism · Fabianism · syndicalism · consumer socialism · utopian socialism · welfarism · communism · Bolshevism · radicalism · militancy · 

[more]

(in Marxist theory) a transitional social state between the overthrow of capitalism and the realization of Communism.

Unquote

   You will notice synonyms for Socialism include welfarism, progressivism, radicalism, etc. which we already have in Canada.  To many people, Socialism is a utopian society, but they do not know or understand that it is inherently evil for the reasons already stated.  
Socialism ignores human nature.

  One thing about Socialism is it punishes the hard-working, the innovators, and producers while rewarding the lazy, and non-producers.

 

 

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2022 at 1:32 AM, User47 said:

Hmm, In a given school year, 58 percent of 7th-12th graders experience sexual harassment, Sexual Assaults Up Nearly 40% in US Military, and so much more things that you can never find their "official" and "accurate" figure. 

By passing laws that don't prohibit homosexualism any more, this horrific rates would become even more horrific, the birth rate has already dropped in the US, it'll be so stupid if I want to only be worried about myself or my own family, the society matters too, because that's where you live in, the society would effect the personal life of every single member of it, how would two gay or lesbian people bring kids? That's not a "family" for sure. 

I'm not an American and not living there (Thanks to God), but I'm still worried because these issues are like contagious viruses and make other societies ill as well.

And this is not going to stop here, once they moved to make prostitution legal (the same as Germany that now gets tax from prostitutes), then they moved to pass laws in favor of gays and lesbians, the next time they made it legal to get married with your own sister and brother, now they're moving to have sexual relationship with animals..... can you imagine a limit to all of that? 

This isn't just me or my family, while the youth of my society become corrupt, this would be harm done to me, too, as a young person I found it deplorable that aim of most people has become "sex", we are humans, not animals we have a lot more capacity than just thinking about these issues. 

Look at the Hollywood movies, they have passed all limits, I don't like innocent 10-year-old kids in my society be watching sexual relationships between men and women or men and men or women and women, this would destroy the soul of a kid in that age . "Sex" isn't the final destination of human being, when you make busy the mind of a 10-year-old kid with sex, through their lesbian or gay friends or even those who are sexually incited at this age at school or the contents they're fed through movies and cartoons, you can never expect that kid becomes a responsible knowledgeable person in the future, then what would be the future of that country? I'm not lonely living in a cave to only think about myself or my own family, the future generations matter, too, what would be left for them from morality and ethics? 

This is too appalling that an army should say to its soldiers "Don't ask, don't tell" should such a thing be the most important issue of an army? 

 

This rant is bizarre…
 

i asked if gay marriage ruined your marriage?  Or any marriage.  
 

Your rant had nothing to do with gay marriage.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 4:37 PM, blackbird said:

Socialism is evil for five key reasons:

1. Socialism is Based on a Materialistic Worldview.

2. Socialism punishes virtue.

3. Socialism Endorses Stealing.

4. Socialism Encourages Envy and Class Warfare.

5. Socialism Seeks to Destroy Marriage and Family.

  From Julie Roys, Christian Post contributor July 12, 2016.

For the detailed explanation of each of these five points, please go to:

5 Reasons Socialism Is Not Christian | Opinion News (christianpost.com)

   Since the federal NDP and Liberals have reached an agreement which includes the governing Liberals enacting more major social programs such as dental care, and pharmacare, in addition to the existing programs, the question of whether it is moral or not should be examined.  These programs sound good on the surface or without an in depth examination of what it all means.  But the fact is they will cost Canadians tens of billions of dollars on top of the hundreds of billions of dollars of debt we already have.  There is no such thing as a free lunch.  Somebody has to pay for all these expensive programs and the only people who can pay are the taxpayers.  But many Canadians are already stretched beyond the brink and struggling to make end's meet.  So how will all this work and is it fair for taxpayers?  Gas prices are already beyond reasonable, real estate and rents in cities is getting out of sight, and food is going up.  Yet the left wing parties and politicians believe now is the time to really splurge on social programs.  They also believe we should not spend on our poverty-stricken Canadian forces, even at a time when the world has changed and we face serious aggressive behavior from adversaries in the world.  So it is really a moral issue as well as a political issue.

Excellent post. Well said.

 

On 3/22/2022 at 5:33 PM, Michael Hardner said:

Why not tax the rich like Jesus would? ?

You're an imbecile.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 3/22/2022 at 3:37 PM, blackbird said:

Socialism is evil for five key reasons:

1. Socialism is Based on a Materialistic Worldview.

2. Socialism punishes virtue.

3. Socialism Endorses Stealing.

4. Socialism Encourages Envy and Class Warfare.

5. Socialism Seeks to Destroy Marriage and Family.

  From Julie Roys, Christian Post contributor July 12, 2016.

For the detailed explanation of each of these five points, please go to:

5 Reasons Socialism Is Not Christian | Opinion News (christianpost.com)

   Since the federal NDP and Liberals have reached an agreement which includes the governing Liberals enacting more major social programs such as dental care, and pharmacare, in addition to the existing programs, the question of whether it is moral or not should be examined.  These programs sound good on the surface or without an in depth examination of what it all means.  But the fact is they will cost Canadians tens of billions of dollars on top of the hundreds of billions of dollars of debt we already have.  There is no such thing as a free lunch.  Somebody has to pay for all these expensive programs and the only people who can pay are the taxpayers.  But many Canadians are already stretched beyond the brink and struggling to make end's meet.  So how will all this work and is it fair for taxpayers?  Gas prices are already beyond reasonable, real estate and rents in cities is getting out of sight, and food is going up.  Yet the left wing parties and politicians believe now is the time to really splurge on social programs.  They also believe we should not spend on our poverty-stricken Canadian forces, even at a time when the world has changed and we face serious aggressive behavior from adversaries in the world.  So it is really a moral issue as well as a political issue.

 

  You're a flarking moron.  I have a niece with 3 small children.  One of them a baby.  She had to leave her apartment because she couldn't afford the rent any more.  Even though she works.  Last I heard, she was looking for a shelter for homeless families.  Making such people homeless, not THAT'S EVIL!!!

Edited by disobey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/10/2022 at 4:26 PM, disobey said:

 

  You're a flarking moron.  I have a niece with 3 small children.  One of them a baby.  She had to leave her apartment because she couldn't afford the rent any more.  Even though she works.  Last I heard, she was looking for a shelter for homeless families.  Making such people homeless, not THAT'S EVIL!!!

That has little to do with the subject of Socialism.  There are still social services available to people who need it. 

 

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread has little to do with socialism. Just repeating of right wing mantras, over and over and over.

Socialism is evil... DUHH the words of a simpleton.

BC is f***ed, yeah unless you live here and have a clue. Crow like the Albortions who'd camp at the lake in their 44 ft motorhome towing a 28 ft boat and moan about how awful life was under Rachel Notley.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

On the topic of divorce, you said the bible only applies to Christians and that divorce is a human right.  So why is this different?

 If I said the Bible only applies to Christians, that was incorrect and I apologize.  I don't know if that is exactly what I said.  Let me be clear; the Bible applies to everyone, Christian or not.  However, government or other people cannot force you or anyone to follow the Bible.  In fact, in general the government does not follow the Bible.   What I think I meant was that marriage and divorce is a state licenced insitution.  The state has laws that govern divorce and it is granted by the state through the legal system.   Churches also have certain beliefs and some have rules around divorce which only apply to their members.  A church does not make rules for the rest of society although some churches have beliefs on how they think society should operate with regard to marriage and divorce.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, herbie said:

Enough of this what it says in the Bible stuff. You act like it's a reference book.

It says in the Bible "He who lays with another man should be stoned."
Does that mean you need to be high before you can have gay sex?

You may be quoting something from the Old Testament.  Certain commands about stoning only applied to the nation of Israel several thousand years ago and don't apply today.  The church age started 2,000 year ago and we are not under all the regulations which only applied to Israel several thousand years ago.  But some things never change such as sodomy is still a sin according to both the Old Testament and the New Testament, just as murder, stealing, adultery, etc. were always a sin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, blackbird said:

 If I said the Bible only applies to Christians, that was incorrect and I apologize.  I don't know if that is exactly what I said.  Let me be clear; the Bible applies to everyone, Christian or not.  However, government or other people cannot force you or anyone to follow the Bible.  In fact, in general the government does not follow the Bible.   What I think I meant was that marriage and divorce is a state licenced insitution.  The state has laws that govern divorce and it is granted by the state through the legal system.   Churches also have certain beliefs and some have rules around divorce which only apply to their members.  A church does not make rules for the rest of society although some churches have beliefs on how they think society should operate with regard to marriage and divorce.

So why is divorce to be between 2 people and God, but marriage you want governed so that the state shouldn’t allow gays to marry.  
 

This seems very convenient to suit what you already believe.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

So why is divorce to be between 2 people and God, but marriage you want governed so that the state shouldn’t allow gays to marry.  
 

This seems very convenient to suit what you already believe.  

According to the Bible, God only recognizes marriage between a man and woman.  That's all I can tell you.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, blackbird said:

According to the Bible, God only recognizes marriage between a man and woman.  That's all I can tell you.  

The bible also is against divorce except in specific circumstances.  
 

Jesus said that divorce is adultery and adultery is forbidden in the 10 Commandments.  There’s nothing in those 10 about being gay, so it seems God thinks less of divorce than He does of being gay.  
 

Matthew 19:9 
And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.”

 

You are picking and choosing which passages should apply to people.  You personally don’t have an issue with divorce, therefor, people should be allowed to divorce, despite the very clear message in the bible. 

Edited by TreeBeard
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

The bible also is against divorce except in specific circumstances.  
 

Jesus said that divorce is adultery and adultery is forbidden in the 10 Commandments.  There’s nothing in those 10 about being gay, so it seems God thinks less of divorce than He does of being gay.  
 

Matthew 19:9 
And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.”

 

You are picking and choosing which passages should apply to people.  You personally don’t have an issue with divorce, therefor, people should be allowed to divorce, despite the very clear message in the bible. 

No, there is a lot more to it than that.

If you are serious about wanting to know what the Bible teaches about marriage and divorce, that is a different thing.   You can take a look at this website:

Divorce Book | Divorced Christain | Christian Divorce Advice | Divorce Guilt (divorcehope.com)

"There is a divorce that God approves of, and there is a divorce that God hates."

"God's first priority is the individual;  then the institution".  -  Divorce: God's Will?" by Stephen Gola

 

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, blackbird said:

No, there is a lot more to it than that.

If you are serious about wanting to know what the Bible teaches about marriage and divorce, that is a different thing.   You can take a look at this website:

Divorce Book | Divorced Christain | Christian Divorce Advice | Divorce Guilt (divorcehope.com)

 

So you disagree with Matthew 19:9 that divorce is adultery?

 

Thats good news!   Now , if only you’ll ignore the parts of the bible about gays the same way….

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Selective Christians...

They are an oddity.

They’re actually the norm.  There’s not a single Christian who doesn’t  ignore most passages in the bible. 

Which passages they ignore is the part that varies…. most don’t care about divorce or contraception since the 60s….  abortion rights have been supported by the majority of Christians since the 80s….  more recently, many of them now have no issues with gay marriage (thank God!). 
 

Anglican churches (largest denomination in Canada) leave it up to local chapters(?) as to what they do.  So some ministers think God approves of gay marriage while other ministers think it’s a sin!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,721
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    paradox34
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • CitzenConcerned earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • SkyHigh earned a badge
      Posting Machine
    • SkyHigh went up a rank
      Proficient
    • gatomontes99 earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • gatomontes99 went up a rank
      Enthusiast
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...