Jump to content

War In Ukraine


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Love it... You have been nicely outed, my little fella...

Hey -this is a family friendly place, you talk to your 'little fella' on your own time thank you very much.

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Don't expect to have much more credibility around here. Time to go get another, new persona.

Still talking to your mirror i see :)

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Not to worry,

OftenWrong will still be here,

And i can see how 'well respected' you are here :) LOL - you must be a masochist :)

But i'm glad you're sticking around, i can use the laugh :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Now if you would kindly please stfu or move along, we can continue to discuss why the United States and EU started the war in Ukraine.

Sorry - i don't take orders from the kremlin. :)

And the only thing stopping the discussion is your hissy fits. You act like a jackass and you get treated like one. Try NOT acting like a jackass and make some sort of intelligent point and maybe things will get better for you :)

Unless you're bound and determined to be the comic relief around here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Sorry - i don't take orders from the kremlin. :)

And the only thing stopping the discussion is your hissy fits. You act like a jackass and you get treated like one. Try NOT acting like a jackass and make some sort of intelligent point and maybe things will get better for you :)

Unless you're bound and determined to be the comic relief around here.

That's ok there fella... as long as your persistent ass-hattery is duly noted, I'm fine with it...

;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

That's ok there fella... as long as your persistent ass-hattery is duly noted, I'm fine with it...

;) 

I note that you have weird fantasies about doing things to peoples ass :) Not that we're here to judge, there's nothing wrong with your lifestyle choices.

And as others note you're already being laughed at :)  Certainly by me as well - but if that's what you're into then keep going by all means :)  We can use the entertainment watching you dance like a monkey!

LOL - at least you've stopped begging me to go away like you're a child or something :) That was pretty amusing!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sixty years ago, an American President stood in front of the Berlin Wall and said:
"Two thousand years ago -- Two thousand years ago, the proudest boast was civis Romanus sum. Today, in the world of freedom, the proudest boast is "Ich bin ein Berliner."
There are many people in the world who really don't understand, or say they don't, what is the great issue between the free world and the Communist world. 
Let them come to Berlin.
There are some who say -- There are some who say that communism is the wave of the future.
Let them come to Berlin.
And there are some who say, in Europe and elsewhere, we can work with the Communists.
Let them come to Berlin.
And there are even a few who say that it is true that communism is an evil system, but it permits us to make economic progress.
Lass' sie nach Berlin kommen.
Let them come to Berlin.
...
All -- All free men, wherever they may live, are citizens of Berlin.
And, therefore, as a free man, I take pride in the words --
"Ich bin ein Berliner."

President John F. Kennedy,
June 26, 1963
West Berlin

Now it is time to update that sentiment:

"There are many people in the world who really don't understand, or say they don't, what is the great issue between the free world and the Putin's world. 
Let them come to Ukraine.
There are some who say -- There are some who say that Putin is the wave of the future.
Let them come to Ukraine.
And there are some who say, in Europe and elsewhere, we can work with Putin.
Let them come to Ukraine.
And there are even a few who say that it is true that Putin's kleptocracy is an evil system, but it permits us to make economic progress.
Lass' sie nach Kyev kommen.
Let them come to Kyev.

All free people, wherever they may live, are citizens of Ukraine. 
And therefore, as a free man, I take pride in the words--
"Ich bin ein Ukrainian."

Edited by Queenmandy85
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Sixty years ago, an American President stood in front of the Berlin Wall and said:
"Two thousand years ago -- Two thousand years ago, the proudest boast was civis Romanus sum. Today, in the world of freedom, the proudest boast is "Ich bin ein Berliner."
There are many people in the world who really don't understand, or say they don't, what is the great issue between the free world and the Communist world. 
Let them come to Berlin.
There are some who say -- There are some who say that communism is the wave of the future.
Let them come to Berlin.
And there are some who say, in Europe and elsewhere, we can work with the Communists.
Let them come to Berlin.
And there are even a few who say that it is true that communism is an evil system, but it permits us to make economic progress.
Lass' sie nach Berlin kommen.
Let them come to Berlin.
...
All -- All free men, wherever they may live, are citizens of Berlin.
And, therefore, as a free man, I take pride in the words --
"Ich bin ein Berliner."

President John F. Kennedy,
June 26, 1963
West Berlin

Now it is time to update that sentiment:

"There are many people in the world who really don't understand, or say they don't, what is the great issue between the free world and the Putin's world. 
Let them come to Ukraine.
There are some who say -- There are some who say that Putin is the wave of the future.
Let them come to Ukraine.
And there are some who say, in Europe and elsewhere, we can work with Putin.
Let them come to Ukraine.
And there are even a few who say that it is true that Putin's kleptocracy is an evil system, but it permits us to make economic progress.
Lass' sie nach Kyev kommen.
Let them come to Kyev.

All free people, wherever they may live, are citizens of Ukraine. 
And therefore, as a free man, I take pride in the words--
"Ich bin ein Ukrainian."

They are not all speaking with the same voice. There are some who are desperately seeking a cease fire and peace deal, which includes compromise on both sides. They want the war to end quickly. Not as Joe Biden said, in a rather prophetic doomsday statement, "for as long as it takes..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/02/23/biden-ukraine-russia-war-attrition/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

They are not all speaking with the same voice. There are some who are desperately seeking a cease fire and peace deal, which includes compromise on both sides. They want the war to end quickly. Not as Joe Biden said, in a rather prophetic doomsday statement, "for as long as it takes..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/02/23/biden-ukraine-russia-war-attrition/

 

President Biden is only one of many western leaders to use that phrase. It took several years for the combined might of the United Nations to defeat Hitler. We made a mistake in 1936-1939 in believing we could talk Nazi Germany to death. If Ukraine falls by our abandoning them, like Hitler, Putin will regroup and attack a NATO member in the belief the west won't do anything. That is the kind of miscalculation that will lead to the most terrible war in history.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

President Biden is only one of many western leaders to use that phrase. It took several years for the combined might of the United Nations to defeat Hitler. We made a mistake in 1936-1939 in believing we could talk Nazi Germany to death. If Ukraine falls by our abandoning them, like Hitler, Putin will regroup and attack a NATO member in the belief the west won't do anything. That is the kind of miscalculation that will lead to the most terrible war in history.

Russia is not attacking a NATO member. None of these points you've raised matter in context of what I said. This is conjecture. What's a fact is that not all Ukrainians are on board with the perpetual and total war being urged on by USA and the EU, as well as Canada.

None of them have the guts to say, how about some peace. Ironically, now only the Chinese are making sense.

And I'll tell you why, because the USA and EU want this war, to create a quagmire. They created the crisis in Ukraine by assisting the movement to have the democratically elected president removed.

In favour of their boy...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Russia is not attacking a NATO member. None of these points you've raised matter in context of what I said. This is conjecture. What's a fact is that not all Ukrainians are on board with the perpetual and total war being urged on by USA and the EU, as well as Canada.

None of them have the guts to say, how about some peace. Ironically, now only the Chinese are making sense.

And I'll tell you why, because the USA and EU want this war, to create a quagmire. They created the crisis in Ukraine by assisting the movement to have the democratically elected president removed.

In favour of their boy...

 

For a people who aren't committed they are putting up a hell of a fight.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Aristides said:

For a people who aren't committed they are putting up a hell of a fight.

Yanukovych won the election. It was considered fair and democratic by outside observers. Thereafter, his party won the parliament by a landslide. That means a majority of Ukrainians would have supported Yanukovych.

Yanukovych had reasons for not accepting the EU's proposal.

What happened next was a systematic attack to remove him from power using protesters funded by the US National Democratic Institute. Then the whole house of cards came tumbling down.

That does not absolve anybody (Putin) for invading or taking military action. But when you pull the pin on a grenade, honey baby, you pretty much can predict what's gonna happen next.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Yanukovych won the election. It was considered fair and democratic by outside observers. Thereafter, his party won the parliament by a landslide. That means a majority of Ukrainians would have supported Yanukovych.

Yanukovych had reasons for not accepting the EU's proposal.

What happened next was a systematic attack to remove him from power using protesters funded by the US National Democratic Institute. Then the whole house of cards came tumbling down.

That does not absolve anybody (Putin) for invading or taking military action. But when you pull the pin on a grenade, honey baby, you pretty much can predict what's gonna happen next.

For a people who aren't committed they are putting up a hell of a fight. 

The Orange Revolution was pushed by the West but Russia's armed intervention in the Donbass never happened. Right comrade.

 

Yanukovych was the most corrupt of the bunch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

For a people who aren't committed they are putting up a hell of a fight. 

The Orange Revolution was pushed by the West but Russia's armed intervention in the Donbass never happened. Right comrade.

 

Yanukovych was the most corrupt of the bunch.

If I was Ukrainian I would take corruption and a bottle of beer over western puritanism, and thermonuclear war.

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

If I was Ukrainian I would take corruption and a bottle of beer over western puritanism, and thermonuclear war.

Thanks

The only person who is going to start a nuclear war is Putin, or maybe Kim.

 

Russia invaded Ukraine.

Edited by Aristides
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When Yanukovich started moving towards closer ties with Russia, memories of the holodomor energized the Ukrainian people to have him impeached. They didn't need the Americans to push them. Claims of the CIA being involved may be true. But you can bet the GRU was also working hard to stop Yanukovich's impeachment. (While he was impeached, there were a few votes short of conviction, but he vacated the presidency by fleeing to Russia, so he effectively resigned.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

When Yanukovich started moving towards closer ties with Russia, memories of the holodomor energized the Ukrainian people to have him impeached. They didn't need the Americans to push them. Claims of the CIA being involved may be true. But you can bet the GRU was also working hard to stop Yanukovich's impeachment. (While he was impeached, there were a few votes short of conviction, but he vacated the presidency by fleeing to Russia, so he effectively resigned.)

What do you mean, "When he started moving towards closer ties"? Are you implying he changed direction after getting elected? Yanukovych's pro-Russian stance was very evident during his election campaign. He was elected because the majority in the population supported strengthening economic ties with Russia.

It's not only the CIA, it's the millions of dollars.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/16/2023 at 9:03 PM, Moonbox said:

Sharkman's a know-nothing clown, dredging the internet and reposting stuff no matter where it comes from, often not even reading or watching it himself beyond the title.  He's one of those mysanthropic losers cheering for doom and carnage because deep down, he's really not happy with his place in the world.  

This coming from a brainwashed know nothing lefty liberal clown himself who constantly listens to the likes of the CBC/CNN/MSNBC or some other left wing loony liberal stupid so called news sources. My sources are working just fine. At least I try and get the other side of the story unlike you. The battle is near completion, and Russia will win the battle with Ukraine just because corrupt Zelensky keeps asking for more military equipment to try and replace what Russia keeps blowing up. Those communist lies about Russia losing around 100 - 200,000 soldiers is all just plain bull chit. Live with it. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/14/2023 at 2:54 PM, Contrarian said:
  • I think somebody that knocks at the door of the KGB at the age of 17 clearly had inclinations toward it. 
    ---> While the world is engaged in liberating processes, in Leningrad a teenager, who by his short stature seems younger than his seventeen years, knocks on the door of the KGB. The young man, who devours the works of Marx, Engels and Lenin, manages to meet with an official and asks to be allowed to join the ranks of the secret police. The official recommends that he finishes his studies first. The teenager who from then on applied to join the KGB every year was called Vladimir Putin.
  • Normally, the secret police comes to you, that's how the communist secret police used to recruit. That, and you had to be a follower. Putin went to them and took a shortcut. ?
  • He called the destruction of the Soviet Union a great tragedy while party members were ordering the killing and engaged in intellectual suppression in all the former Soviet space. 
  • Even if he is not a communist. Do you want me to respect people that got a job with the KGB? Not now, not never. not in my books. 
  • Personally, I think these real FSB/Wagner bots/fans that post on these forums and Australian one it seems are counting on some of you to not know the history in that area. Obviously, you are someone that is upset with his country and social changes but is hard for you to see the magnitude of what you are saying because you lived your entire life here in comfort. Your main issue was the Covid-19 mask while in that system, others were not allowed to say a word of dissent or one would disappear or be sent to work in the other side of the country on a meaningless job. 
  • You call the liberals here communists. Why? No such thing in my view, the government will change here next term. Ontario already has voted conservative. 
  • That's the difference between the West and systems like Putin, term limits. As soon as you give someone the power without term limits, I don't care if it's Buddha, eventually, they will go insane, as clearly is happening now. 
  • About the media. Of course, they lie, everyone lies, and politicians lie, all in the chase to maintain power.
  • There is some phenomenona happening here where people think that if one quotes mainstream media, it means one believes everything the mainstream media says. Is just data to filter in my view. 
  • As a conclusion, I don't believe in shepherd politicians, especially the ones that are former secret police, I like voting for change in politics, and no man is made to have full power. History showed us gruesome examples in the long term. The shepherd (in this case Putin, or you can replace his name with 1 person leader) always tries to persuade the sheep that their interests and his own are the same.

Putin is winning this feud with corrupt Nazi Zelensky. I know that you do not like to hear this but those are the facts. 

I had to laugh the other day when the western media showed on their news BiDumb walking around with Zelensky without a care while air raid sirens were going off. As a retired secret service agent Dan Bongino has said, there is no way the SS would allow the President to be walking around without a care when air raid sirens are going off. That made no sense to Bongino at all. If sirens were going off, the SS would wisk BiDumb out of the area to a more safer place. 

Try listening to Dan Bongino on FOX NEWS every Saturday evening. You will learn something new. 

Anyway, you need to try and get the other side of the story before you keep mouthing off about something you know very little about. If Putin were losing the feud, then he would have left Ukraine months ago. But it is corrupt Nazi Zelensky that is losing the battle. BiDumb needs to keep aiding Ukraine because BiDumb himself is involved in nefarious dealings with Nazi Zelensky. Believe it or not. ?

PS: I am curious as to why you are on Zelensky side so much and not Putin's side? Dare to answer? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

There is a man here on this forum who is a well-known FSB bot.

He was caught posting Soviet Flags (with the communist symbol) at 1:50 AM in the morning, then he changed it. He does the same in all Commonwealth, Australia is another location, listing himself as being in Honk Kong. Here is Vancouver.  

These are old Russian guards communists manipulating the information in the West in my estimation.

So why do you believe them? Because MSNBC pushes propaganda? of course they do. But the alternative is old communist guard members? one that leads the church, the other the former chief intelligence officer for Eastern Germany, Putin KGB officer.

Not me. 

Here are the details: 
https://repolitics.com/forums/topic/41991-war-in-ukraine/page/92/#comment-1562618

Personally, I could careless as to who wins this feud between Russia and Ukraine. But the west should mind its own bloody business and not be getting involved in this feud one bit. It's their war and not ours to help fight. The story has it that Ukraine has now received from America close to a $100 billion in aid to Ukraine. And Zelensky still cannot win the battle. 

Wake up, mac. ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

What do you mean, "When he started moving towards closer ties"? Are you implying he changed direction after getting elected? Yanukovych's pro-Russian stance was very evident during his election campaign. He was elected because the majority in the population supported strengthening economic ties with Russia.

It's not only the CIA, it's the millions of dollars.

Now Ukraine has somebody worse than ever. They now have corrupt Nazi Zelensky running and ruining Ukraine and cannot even win a battle with Russia. The people in Crimea and the Donbass are quite happy to become a part of Russia than stay in corrupt Ukraine. The people voted for this to happen. There must be more to this story when America keeps wanting to support a corrupt Nazi leader like Zelensky. America must have a lot to lose if Ukraine goes down. Hey, we never know, eh? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,695
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Linda Teskey
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • Yakuda went up a rank
      Experienced
    • QuebecOverCanada went up a rank
      Grand Master
    • Jeary went up a rank
      Rookie
    • Gator earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Jeary earned a badge
      Week One Done
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...