Jump to content

Conservative Leadership September 10th


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

If I'm not mistaken...it was the Saskatchewan SCs that first introduced provincial Healthcare, which eventually became our current Healthcare system.

Anyway...because the Conservatives left Bernier no other choice, Poliviere is the next best hope, and WAY better than the 2 previous twits...and Pixie-Dust.

Today...his platform is rather air tight. Let Canada do Canada. Do away with harmful policy that strangles Canada. 

Sounds better than a lecture on the evils of gasoline...followed by inflation. 

Tommy Douglas, Saskatchewan NDP brought medicare to Saskatchewan in 1962.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the fact remains that Alberta pays and Quebec receives the bribe money

and unsurprisingly

many Albertans rightfully don't like that arrangement

All that means is Quebec has better accountants and can make it look like they are a have no province.

Businesses with the best accountants always do well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

Do you think it’s helpful to describe someone in terms of the party they might have identified with 40 years ago?  Why the need for this historical pigeon-holing, which actually has confused one of the posters who thought you were calling PP a socialist.  

Do you still call the NDP the CCF?

PP wasn’t even alive yet when the events you post of happened.  

Just because they change the name, doesn't change the policies. The CCF may call themselves NDP but they are still Canada's democratic socialist party. The Socreds may have changed their name multiple times, but they are still republicans and promoting the views of Major Douglas and his funny money (crypto-currency and attacking the BoC).

I've never met Mr. Poillievre, but he impresses me as a likeable person and a man of integrity. It is not the man I have issues with but the anti-Conservative pro-republican agenda, recently exhibited by the participants of the illegal occupation of Ottawa who support him.

Also, to be clear, I am not opposed to the American Republican Party in the US. But it is contrary to Canadian values. 

Edited by Queenmandy85
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Also, to be clear, I am not opposed to the American Republican Party in the US. But it is contrary to Canadian values. 

there's no such thing as "Canadian values"

Canada is not an idea and certainly not an ideology

Canada is simply an agreement, a mere alliance of convenience

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/4/2022 at 12:36 PM, RedDog said:

I just want Alberta’s extorted money back.

Is your memory so short that you forget when Alberta was a have not province, or a few years ago when we had nothing to feed our cattle, Quebec farmers loaded up boxcars of donated hay to feed Saskatchewan and Alberta cattle.

We are one country. We live in the most wonderful nation in the world and nobody should put money ahead of that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

there's no such thing as "Canadian values"

Canada is not an idea and certainly not an ideology

Canada is simply an agreement, a mere alliance of convenience

Canada is not a republic. "I am Canadian."

You have kindly pointed out a few of our values. "God Queen and Country."

 

Edited by Queenmandy85
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

We are one country.

here again,  you invoke the republican paradigm

a unitary state, which Canadian Confederation is not

if you are going to invoke your country

that is technically the House of Windsor

Hanover marries Saxe, Coburg & Gotha

then the Canadian Corps comes to their rescue, on the Western Front

the forging of a nation, which is not one country, but rather a Confederation

which by literal definition is not one country

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Queenmandy claims to be a "monarchist"

but by logical extrapolation, based on his fully Americanized republican assertion of "I am Canadian : one country"

you can determine that he does not in fact have the courage of his monarchist convictions

if you are a British North American monarchist

then every state in the Empire

is the same country

thus, I could say : "I am Australian"

and still be Loyalist to the same Sovereign, Head of State & Commander-in-Chief

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

contradictory paradox

because Canada is not a republic : "I am Canadian" is a meaningless assertion

monarchy is the antithesis of nationalism

"I am Canadian" invokes the very American republican  paradigm you claim to be rejecting

Naw I'm not buyin' that one.

For instance, as a Canadian I value the history and way Canada was created. It has many similarities with US creation...but many differences to. Decisions that made Canada and give it...spirit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Naw I'm not buyin' that one.

For instance, as a Canadian I value the history and way Canada was created. It has many similarities with US creation...but many differences to. Decisions that made Canada and give it...spirit.

 George Washington is the father of both nations

when he, as a Briton, attacked the French at Jumonville Glen (now Uniontown Pennsylvania ) on 28 May 1754

thus inciting the Seven Years War

which led to the creation of Canada

by force of arms, upon the Plains of Abraham

that is how Canada was created, in the Treaty of Paris

when the French House of Bourbon signed both Canada & India over to the House of Hanover  on the same day

the birth of the British Empire,

10 February 1763

the only spirit which upholds Canada

is the British Crown

love it or leave it

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Is your memory so short that you forget when Alberta was a have not province, or a few years ago when we had nothing to feed our cattle, Quebec farmers loaded up boxcars of donated hay to feed Saskatchewan and Alberta cattle.

We are one country. We live in the most wonderful nation in the world and nobody should put money ahead of that.

Is Canada about anything more than money now?  I want to believe but I don’t see much higher purpose, and on the money front I see silly and unnecessary expenses.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

 I want to believe but I don’t see much higher purpose

the higher purpose was the British Empire

now that said empire is defunct

Canada actually serves no purpose at all, never mind a higher purpose

hence why you see Canada drifting into the purposes of other countries

there are the Americanized  Canadians

and the useful idiot Canadians for the Chinese Communists

Canadian Confederation itself serves no higher purpose, it's a purely materialistic enterprise

the divide between Canadians is simple

are you going to sell out to the Americans, or the Chinese Communists ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Is your memory so short that you forget when Alberta was a have not province, or a few years ago when we had nothing to feed our cattle, Quebec farmers loaded up boxcars of donated hay to feed Saskatchewan and Alberta cattle.

We are one country. We live in the most wonderful nation in the world and nobody should put money ahead of that.

Yup there are lots of good things that happen in Canada, as I'm sure lots of good things happen in Russia, or the middle east, It does not prove we as a nation are over all good people. Our history has shown that we are not as good as we would like to think of ourselves. I'm sure for every good thing i could list a bad thing.

Our nation is far from the most wonderful nation in the world, we are better than some but by far not the best. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

the higher purpose was the British Empire

now that said empire is defunct

Canada actually serves no purpose at all, never mind a higher purpose

hence why you see Canada drifting into the purposes of other countries

there are the Americanized  Canadians

and the useful idiot Canadians for the Chinese Communists

Canadian Confederation itself serves no higher purpose, it's a purely materialistic enterprise

the divide between Canadians is simple

are you going to sell out to the Americans, or the Chinese Communists ?

Until 2022 I still believed there is a distinct and important Canadian way based on our unique and rich cultural context, but Trudeau has blown that up with the Emergencies Act attack on our democracy and his Post-National State embrace of quasi-communist-nihilist Chinese totalitarian capitalism.  Where is the greater liberal-democratic Canadian purpose?  It’s hard not to flock to American liberty or the strength of British self-determination in this environment.  There’s no assertion of Canadian interests and freedom anymore.  An unaccountable global agenda is being rammed down our throats at a high cost.  In this current context America is both loftier in ideals and less expensive.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

 

Our nation is far from the most wonderful nation in the world, we are better than some but by far not the best. 

the wonderful aspect of Canada is the part which most Canadians reject

the monarchy

because Canada is a monarchy

I can be an Upper Canadian Loyalist

in the same Confederation

with a French Canadian Sovereignist

and we don't have to go to war with each other

because Canada is not one country, but rather a Confederation of the British Crown

British is not a race, British is not a place

British is simply a system of governance called Parliamentary Supremacy,

founded by William of Orange in 1688

God save the King

Edited by Dougie93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

 I still believed there is a distinct and important Canadian way based on our unique and rich cultural context,

 

that's the Vimy Myth

it's not unique tho

the Australians & New Zealanders have the exact same myth

they just call it the ANZAC Myth

all these myths were born in the Great War

the characteristic they share however, is that they are not actually true

your Canada always was based on bullshit, you're just noticing it now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In my defence, apart from a half dozen contributors to this forum, nobody is going to read what I say and even among those who do, nobody is going to change their mind by anything I say and on top of that, all the votes are in that are going to be submitted and the result is set. Nothing can change that.

I do miss the old delegated conventions where we wore our Clark buttons and the Dave Crombie scarves. John Crosby had a blimp which some noted an unflattering symbolism. Brian Mulroney mad have had the most votes, but Joe Clark's campaign had the prettiest girls.?  No matter what happens on Saturday, it is only politics. It is not whether you win or lose that counts, it is how we play the game.

The organizational meeting of the "Dump Pierre" committee will be meeting on Monday at 7PM EDT online.?

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

In my defence, apart from a half dozen contributors to this forum, nobody is going to read what I say and even among those who do, nobody is going to change their mind by anything I say and on top of that, all the votes are in that are going to be submitted and the result is set. Nothing can change that.

I do miss the old delegated conventions where we wore our Clark buttons and the Dave Crombie scarves. John Crosby had a blimp which some noted an unflattering symbolism. Brian Mulroney mad have had the most votes, but Joe Clark's campaign had the prettiest girls.?  No matter what happens on Saturday, it is only politics. It is not whether you win or lose that counts, it is how we play the game.

The organizational meeting of the "Dump Pierre" committee will be meeting on Monday at 7PM EDT online.?

I find you to be among the most erudite of this forum, even though you are conservative.  :) I'm the "mushy middle", I think, being about as likely to vote Conservative as Liberal on any given election.   Someone like me can learn a lot from someone like you.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

, nobody is going to read what I say and even among those who do, nobody is going to change their mind by anything I say and on top of that, all the votes are in that are going to be submitted and the result is set. Nothing can change that.

the leftist lunatic Communist traitors all read what you say

and they always agree with you

you're the "monarchist" who is always in lockstep with the Bolsheviks

funny, that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I find you to be among the most erudite of this forum, even though you are conservative.  :) I'm the "mushy middle", I think, being about as likely to vote Conservative as Liberal on any given election.   Someone like me can learn a lot from someone like you.  

And vice versa.? Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, dialamah said:

  I'm the "mushy middle", I think,

you're not the mushy middle

you're a woke far leftist lunatic who extols the virtues of Antifa

Antifa being the East German Communist Party

of course you like Queenmandy

because he's a sellout to Communist traitors like you

Queenmandy would bend over backwards to lick the ball sweat off of Chairman Mao's scrotum

and the likes of you cheer him on for it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,745
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    historyradio.org
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • User went up a rank
      Experienced
    • exPS went up a rank
      Contributor
    • DUI_Offender earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • exPS went up a rank
      Explorer
    • Fluffypants went up a rank
      Rising Star
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...