Jump to content

Conservative Leadership September 10th


Jack9000

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Quebec is the beneficiary of equalization payments

again you reveal your ignorance

Unfortunately, it is a display of lack of reading comprehension by you.

I said "It is all taxpayer money and by that, most of the population is in Ontario and Quebec thereby, most of the equalization money comes from Ontario and Quebec taxpayers.. "

The taxpayers pay for equalization, and most taxpayers are in Ontario and Quebec.

Read and understand before you make yourself look more foolish than normal :

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Unfortunately, it is a display of lack of reading comprehension by you.

I said "It is all taxpayer money and by that, most of the population is in Ontario and Quebec thereby, most of the equalization money comes from Ontario and Quebec taxpayers.. "

The taxpayers pay for equalization, and most taxpayers are in Ontario and Quebec.

Read and understand before you make yourself look more foolish than normal :

this is not how equalization payments work

Quebec taxpayers doesn't pay for equalization payments

but the taxpayers of some other provinces do

and that money is transferred to Quebec and other provinces

Ontario and Alberta taxpayers pay a lot of the equalization payments that go to other provinces

Quebec taxpayers get their provincial government subsidized by equalization payments and don't have to pay them

you simply don't know what you're talking about, as usual

I understood you perfectly, you're just wrong and don't understand me

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

this is not how equalization payments work

Quebec taxpayers doesn't pay for equalization payments

but the taxpayers of some other provinces do

and that money is transferred to Quebec and other provinces

Ontario and Alberta taxpayers pay a lot of the equalization payments that go to other provinces

Quebec taxpayers get their provincial government subsidized by equalization payments and don't have to pay them

you simply don't know what you're talking about, as usual

I understood you perfectly, you're just wrong and don't understand me

ALL taxpayers pay for equalization payments (and every government service).

Taxes, ALL tax money, is used towards equalization payments and ALL other government services, grant etc etc..

No taxpayer from anyplace in Canada is exempt from paying taxes and no one has any say on what or where their taxes go to.

ALL taxes go into a big pool and is drawn upon for everything the government give back.

You cannot choose what your taxes go to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equalization_payments_in_Canada

Edited by ExFlyer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

fake news

only taxpayers in certain provinces pay for it

the provinces that receive payments don't pay, they get paid

Oh FFS.

Everybody pays taxes. You can not designate where your tax money goes. Quebecer and Newfie people pay taxes and the province gets equalization payments.

Provinces do not pay taxes, they collect it, people pay taxes. Oh FFS!!!

 

"Equalization is financed by the Government of Canada from general revenues, which are largely raised through federal taxes. Provincial governments make no contributions to the Equalization program. All Canadians are subject to the same federal income tax system and its progressive rate structure, regardless of where they live."

https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/programs/federal-transfers/equalization.html

 

 

index.jpg

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Oh FFS.

Everybody pays taxes. You can not designate where your tax money goes. Quebecer and Newfie people pay taxes and the province gets equalization payments.

the equalization payments choose where the money goes

that is the whole point of them

any province that receives more money than their taxpayers gave

de facto doesn't pay them

because those provinces get it all back and more

the tax revenue going to the federal government before it's sent to certain provincial governments is not relevant

because the point was that Albertans are paying to bribe Quebec

which it is

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the equalization payments choose where the money goes

that is the whole point of them

any province that receives more money than their taxpayers gave

de facto doesn't pay them

because those provinces get it all back and more

the tax revenue going to the federal government before it's sent to certain provincial governments is not relevant

because the point was that Albertans are paying to bribe Quebec

which it is

You really need to figure out what equalization and funding it is all about.

Clearly there is a significant gap in your perception and knowledge .

I gave you 2 links that should fill in the gaps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

You really need to figure out what equalization and funding it is all about.

Clearly there is a significant gap in your perception and knowledge .

I gave you 2 links that should fill in the gaps.

I know all about the fake justications for it

that rubes like you buy into

but the real reason is to bribe Quebec to remain in Confederation

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I know all about the fake justications for it

that rubes like you buy into

but the real reason is to bribe Quebec to remain in Confederation

I gave you the exact information on equalization.

You, of course knowing that it is enshrined in the Canadian Constitution Act and that in the payments were formalized in 1957 and that

  • In 1974, the revenues levied by local governments for school taxes were brought into the fiscal capacity calculation;
  • In 1975, 23 of the windfall revenues[Notes 3] caused by the 1973 oil crisis were excluded from the calculation;
  • In 1977 local taxes were fully included in the tax base calculation;[6]
  • The concept of windfall revenues was dropped in 1978 and replaced by a 12 inclusion factor for all revenues of non-renewable resources;
  • In 1982, the equalization standard was shifted from the national average to the average of five representative provinces (British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, and Quebec).

So, you claim all that to be fake??

So,  Manitoba, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick are also being bribed.

Well, here is a bit more to educate yourself with https://financesofthenation.ca/2020/11/17/who-pays-and-who-receives-in-confederation/

 

Oh and, even Alberta for federal funds  https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/for-the-first-time-in-more-than-50-years-alberta-received-more-money-from-ottawa-than-it-sent

 

Edited by ExFlyer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I gave you the exact information on equalization.

You, of course knowing that it is enshrined in the Canadian Constitution Act and that in the payments were formalized in 1957 and that

  • In 1974, the revenues levied by local governments for school taxes were brought into the fiscal capacity calculation;
  • In 1975, 23 of the windfall revenues[Notes 3] caused by the 1973 oil crisis were excluded from the calculation;
  • In 1977 local taxes were fully included in the tax base calculation;[6]
  • The concept of windfall revenues was dropped in 1978 and replaced by a 12 inclusion factor for all revenues of non-renewable resources;
  • In 1982, the equalization standard was shifted from the national average to the average of five representative provinces (British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, and Quebec).

So, you claim all that to be fake??

So,  Manitoba, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick are also being bribed.

Well, here is a bit more to educate yourself with https://financesofthenation.ca/2020/11/17/who-pays-and-who-receives-in-confederation/

 

Oh and, even Alberta for federal funds  https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/for-the-first-time-in-more-than-50-years-alberta-received-more-money-from-ottawa-than-it-sent

 

even if the fake justications were the only motivation for it

which they aren't

it's still a stupid idea

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

even if the fake justications were the only motivation for it

which they aren't

it's still a stupid idea

 Chuckle.

You do not know what you are talking about and have no idea how it works and and just like to complain LOL

It may be a stupid idea but it has been around since 1867 so, you must be the only dissenter :)

Edited by ExFlyer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

 Chuckle.

You do not know what you are talking about and have no idea how it works and and just like to complain LOL

It may be a stupid idea but it has been around since 1867 so, you must be the only dissenter :)

I am hardly the only dissenter

it's a stupid idea that keeps the poor provinces poor

by increasing their dependence on the federal government

and rewards them for failure

on top of that it punishes the successful provinces

and gives their money to provinces that waste the money

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I am hardly the only dissenter

it's a stupid idea that keeps the poor provinces poor

by increasing their dependence on the federal government

and rewards them for failure

on top of that it punishes the successful provinces

and gives their money to provinces that waste the money

Well, all the dissenters (of every party) since 1867 have failed in changing it. :)

I also think is is a bit stupid but, it is not a reward for failure it is/was a unity issue in the beginning. It gives money to provinces with the best accountants and best financial manipulators.

It does not punish, it does share the wealth though.

Like it or not, it is here to stay, completely entrenched

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I am hardly the only dissenter

it's a stupid idea that keeps the poor provinces poor

by increasing their dependence on the federal government

and rewards them for failure

on top of that it punishes the successful provinces

and gives their money to provinces that waste the money

The wealth of a Province, or the lack of it, is the product of geography. No political or ecomomic ideology can ignore geography. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

The wealth of a Province, or the lack of it, is the product of geography. No political or ecomomic ideology can ignore geography. 

geography plays a large role

but culture, economics and politics certainly matter

and pretending otherwise is totally asinine

many places with great geographical advantages squander them

and many places with less geographical advantages flourish

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/4/2022 at 9:14 AM, Queenmandy85 said:

Pierre Poilievre is about to become leader of the CPC. There are similarities between Mr. Poilievre and Prime Minister Trudeau. 

Their ascension to the leadership was/is a coronation. Both men are all flash and no bang. Glib one liners like "because it's 2015" or "Justinflation." Mr. Poilievre is very entertaining but, like the Prime Minister, he is big on broad promises about solving the economy but he never actually specifies how he will do that in the face of the crisis in healthacare and the on going pandemic, the coming climate catastrophe, and the war in Ukraine. Like the Prime Minister, all he says is he will solve all our problems. I can make the same promise and would have the same results.

Why can't we get someone who will turn us into a team, all pulling in the same direction and focusing on solutions, not blame.

Mr. Poilievre is un-tried.  You state he's "all flash and no bang" . . . . how did you come to your conclusion?

Why would Mr. Poilievre, or any opposition candidate completely lay out their plans to fix the existing governments failure in the economy, overspending, Covid matters, climate, etc.?  Do you not think that the appalling existing Federal Government of Trudeau/Singh wouldn't implement good ideas from the opposition?

Learn to spell . . Poilievre.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't really care which face will win tomorrow it's way past faces for deep and deepening \ systemic problems in this country's democracy but. But, if it's revealed to be Charest, a placemat with no clear values it could be the final joke the Conservative Party of Canada would deliver. About itself of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, myata said:

I don't really care which face will win tomorrow it's way past faces for deep and deepening \ systemic problems in this country's democracy but. But, if it's revealed to be Charest, a placemat with no clear values it could be the final joke the Conservative Party of Canada would deliver. About itself of course.

Charest is the easiest choice to win next election for the cons . Pierre is brash and unlikeable to centrist voters he will need to do some reimaging to win them over in next few years

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jack9000 said:

Charest is the easiest choice to win next election for the cons .

You've got it! It's all about "winning" in a cemented outdated to the point of hopelessly archaic system. And who cares about the reality, time, change? Why care? Until it comes back to knock-knock on the head of course and how else in the evolution?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Infidel Dog said:

68% on the first ballot. Decisive.

Now we're going to find out why there were so many Progs on this thread trying to talk us out of supporting Pierre.

Mr. Dressup and the other commies don't stand a chance in the next federal election.

hes not winning a general election talking like he did during the  con leadership lol. also no major party is commies in canada so grow up with that  stunt already.

Edited by Jack9000
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,537
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    mercurygermes
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...