Would the Ukrainians Want to come to Canada?

West

20 hours ago, cougar said:

I am sure there is nothing to be impressed about there.  He is a pro-NATO puppet who poses a threat to Russia and his own country. 

The only threat he poses to Russia is to undercut their Oil and Gas supply to Europe. 

If you weren't paying attention, Ukraine overthrew the Putin Puppet in place of him. Being pro NATO doesn't make you a puppet Comrade. 

4 hours ago, Boges said:

Canada has the largest Ukraine diaspora outside of Russia. 

Many are most certainly coming here. And welcomed too. 

Ukraine is the third most corrupt nation on the planet. They can leave the political class over there to fight it out with Russia on who's going to steal the peoples resources. 

Throw Biden and the CIA in there as well. Biden can fight for his 10%

Edited by West

11 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

First ?  using Wikipedia as a source. 

Second

Corruption is widespread in Ukrainian society.[1][2] In 2012 Ernst & Young put Ukraine among the three most-corrupt nations of the world—alongside Colombia and Brazil.[3] In 2015 The Guardian called Ukraine "the most corrupt nation in Europe".[4] According to a poll conducted by Ernst & Young in 2017, experts considered Ukraine to be the ninth-most corrupt nation in the world.[5] According to the Transparency International's Corruption Perceptions Index, Ukraine ranked 117th out of 180 countries in 2020, ranking the second lowest in Europe.[6]

One of the main reasons for this war is the popular uprising in 2014 to oust a Putin Puppet. Looks like the current leader is pretty popular for attempting to stamp out corruption. 

11 minutes ago, Boges said:

First ?  using Wikipedia as a source. 

Second

One of the main reasons for this war is the popular uprising in 2014 to oust a Putin Puppet. Looks like the current leader is pretty popular for attempting to stamp out corruption. 

You mean that same putin puppet that Hunter Biden jumped into business with?

8 minutes ago, Boges said:

Fixating on Hunter Biden is hilarious. 

I'm sure that's in the battle cry as the Russians Gallop to their deaths. 

He does seem involved somehow as does Papa. Unless you just discount all that information.

As for Ukrainians in Canada. Tons here...and many came at the same time as my ancestors...to escape the Tsar rather than Stalin or Communism.

My family goes back a long way in central Alberta and it's unusual for people there to not have any Ukrainian ancestors. I personally don't, but I have nieces and nephews and cousins who reek of garlic 24/7 ?

I don't see the point of coming to Canada though if they're trying to escape totalitarianism. Maybe Iran would be better? Or NoKo? 

Dang, is the whole "Freedom & Democracy" experiment over after just a few hundred years? 

29 minutes ago, West said:

You mean that same putin puppet that Hunter Biden jumped into business with?

There's plenty of good reasons to suspect western leaders and influencers have played a role in making the world safe for corrupt dictators for decades.  It's great to see more people, and especially conservatives ?, getting concerned about this but the question why fixate on what other assholes from other countries are up too especially when we clearly have our own domestic assholes we should be concerned about is a good one.

Canada has come off badly again in Transparency International’s annual Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI), with the country’s score falling faster than any other in the 180-country rankings, which were released this week. Canada’s score has dropped to its lowest ever — 74 out of 100 — a slide that has cost Canada eight points over the past five years alone.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/terry-glavin-canadas-rankings-in-the-corruption-perceptions-index-have-plummeted-under-trudeau

I've posted this article many times around here lately and while I do acknowledge there's been little argument with the veracity of the charges made in the article and by me the enthusiasm for taking it seriously or doing anything about is lukewarm to say the least.  I'm guessing that's largely because it's a lefty who's brought this to your attention.

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

There's plenty of good reasons to suspect western leaders and influencers have played a role in making the world safe for corrupt dictators for decades.  It's great to see more people, and especially conservatives ?, getting concerned about this but the question why fixate on what other assholes from other countries are up too especially when we clearly have our own domestic assholes we should be concerned about is a good one.

I've posted this article many times around here lately and while I do acknowledge there's been little argument with the veracity of the charges made in the article and by me the enthusiasm for taking it seriously or doing anything about is lukewarm to say the least.  I'm guessing that's largely because it's a lefty who's brought this to your attention.

This is the first I've seen you post it. Yes I'm deeply concerned with corruption at home too. The two are connected imo.. wealth is being concentrated in the hands of a few through crony capitalism. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, West said:

This is the first I've seen you post it. Yes I'm deeply concerned with corruption at home too. The two are connected imo.. wealth is being concentrated in the hands of a few through crony capitalism. 

Hey everyone...look at the new commie convert!  :lol:

Just now, West said:

?. I'm still capitalist just not in it's present form. 

Me too, I've been in business for myself for decades and even owned my own corporation, however... I'm sorry to pee on your cornflakes but you're clearly a commie if you're concerned about the concentration of wealth into as few hands as possible.  That's just simple DNA and you can't change your nature.

You'll get over it, I've been compared to some of the most murderous commies of the worst sorts for decades for voicing my concerns.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Me too, I've been in business for myself for decades and even owned my own corporation, however... I'm sorry to pee on your cornflakes but you're clearly a commie if you're concerned about the concentration of wealth into as few hands as possible.  That's just simple DNA and you can't change your nature.

You'll get over it, I've been compared to some of the most murderous commies of the worst sorts for decades for voicing my concerns.

You get called a communist. I get called a white supremacist. 

9 minutes ago, West said:

You get called a communist. I get called a white supremacist. 

I've been called both for decades too, by the very same people in fact.

This is your very first time you've been called a commie?

Make your concern about the concentration of wealth a matter of principle and push it and you'll see just how far you make it before you are routinely referred to as a commie and cancelled in the minds of people just like the one you think you are.

And no I'm not gaslighting you even though I am probably fucking with your head.

Edited by eyeball

7 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

You wrote above that nobody is to blame, which is maybe the most ridiculous thing you have written on here.

Oh ? I missed 'other than the media'.   Poor Putin, he must be so glad to have you defending him on here.

Glad to see you laughing over nothing , like a toddler gazing at a pendulum.  As I said the general understanding on here is so poor, due to the brainwashing media, that I can't really blame you.   You have spent your whole lives in the fog, so you can't find your way any more.

Putin or any other Russian president before him, did not go to war on another continent or install military bases there.

Maybe try to find information about the Russians in Donetsk.  

Biden and Trudeau may want to put their tails between their legs and crawl into a hole, which is all they can do.

Edited by cougar

1 hour ago, cougar said:

1. Glad to see you laughing over nothing   
2. As I said the general understanding on here is so poor, due to the brainwashing media, that I can't really blame you.     

1. I'm laughing at you, and your unbelievable ignorance and arrogance.
2. Ok - you have a need to discount me based on my "media" consumption, which you have no idea of.  I will continue to ridicule you based on your lack of perception and general ridiculousness.  Sorry to be mean, but dead Ukranians lying in the street with their groceries - you may be astonished to learn - CAN be blamed on the country doing the invading.

I now suspect that you would believe conspiracies if they were crossing the border into Canada itself.  

• Haha 1