Trucker's Convoy

West

1 hour ago, BubberMiley said:

So Trudeau wasn't out of line when he said there are racist elements in the convoy organization after all. He never called all anti-vaxxers racist. Just Pat King. And you admit now that was totally justified.

Of course.

We can look at this differently from politicians though.  I have friends who are pro Convoy.  They don't believe in this stuff 

21 hours ago, Goddess said:

The problem is Trudeau is going to keep this emergency going for as long as possible, using the time to continue demonizing and punishing citizens who do not agree, the same as he is doing with the covid restrictions.  They aren't ever going to end, Michael and you keep buying the lies and you will buy Trudeau's continuing lies that will keep this emergency going.

This civil disobedience, which did go too far in some ways, is now the Liberals version of January 6th. We are going to be continually reminded of it for a long time to come. 

The whole thing likely could have been resolved much sooner if we had a Prime Minister that is willing to listen. He is not willing to listen, only lecture from his ivory tower.

He want's this as part of his legacy as in replicating Pierre's " go on and bleed" comment.

And he's calling out Putin for being authoritarian.

20 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Pat King and to some degree even Ukraine are distractions from what’s unfolding.  Ukraine is very closely associated with Russia and there is a large Russian-speaking population in the Eastern Ukraine.  Putin shouldn’t get involved with internal Ukrainian affairs, but I know that the sections Putin is occupying and calling independent states have bonds with Russia.  Eastern Ukraine’s occupation or “peacekeeping” effort as Russia calls it is mostly about keeping Ukraine out of NATO and within Russia’s sphere of influence.  NATO could mostly solve this by forming a wider pact that includes Russia.  Unlikely in the current climate.

I do think that the timing of what’s happening in Ukraine with what’s happening in Canada isn’t accidental.  It’s basically kept the fascistic policies of the Canadian government against its own people out of the press today. That’s really concerning because Canadians are in a much less free country right now and it’s unclear where this is going.  Why did Putin play Oh Canada on the piano last night and close it just before the word “free”?   What does he know?  What about the apparent infiltration of our government by an unelected World Economic Forum central planner, Klaus Schwab?

Today’s Trudeau-Freeland Ukraine press conference felt like a business as usual distraction from the real issue.  I’d watch how the Emergencies Act and freezing of accounts are applied and whether they persist.  I don’t trust our federal government right now.  The NDP sold out the public for self-preservation.  Also, how will this be taken up in the US with Ukraine driving headlines?  What about the Freedom Convoy there?

Also, we still have zero mention from Trudeau of when federal vaccine mandates and passports will be removed.  Let’s not forget how the unvaccinated continue to be treated like second class citizens with fewer rights.  Let’s not forget the further violations of our constitutional rights with the Emergencies Act.  People are suffering because of this.   They have been ridiculed and alienated, including by the government.  The large number of people who oppose vaccine mandates in Canada are still dismissed by Trudeau without a fair hearing?  Why?  Is this about expanding government overreach to achieve Trudeau’s and Freeland’s dystopian WEF vision: “You will have nothing and be happy”?   Schwab bragged publicly a week ago about “penetrating” more than half the Canadian Cabinet.   This is the serious crisis Canada faces, an assault on our sovereign democracy.  Why did the Speaker of the House pretend not to hear the Oshawa MP’s question about this?

Energy supply and security, excessive debt stimulus, and carbon taxes are no doubt accelerating inflation.  So are the vaccine mandates on truckers.  Let’s not forget what this thread is about.   

Trudeau needed a new crisis

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ironstone said:

This civil disobedience, which did go too far in some ways, is now the Liberals version of January 6th. We are going to be continually reminded of it for a long time to come. 

The whole thing likely could have been resolved much sooner if we had a Prime Minister that is willing to listen. He is not willing to listen, only lecture from his ivory tower.

He want's this as part of his legacy as in replicating Pierre's " go on and bleed" comment.

And he's calling out Putin for being authoritarian.

Yes Putin is a welcome or perhaps planned distraction from what Trudeau’s government is still doing in Canada.  Please read my last post.  

1 hour ago, BubberMiley said:

Although I will grant that there is less respect among the right for science and healthcare workers.

That's just partisan stupidity.

1) People on the right only care about science, leftists only care about propaganda.

We weren't dumb enough to believe that H2H wasn't happening, and we weren't dumb enough to base our whole covid-fighting strategy on it. 

We didn't exclusively believe the wet market theory once we knew about the BSL4 lab, we didn't tell people that they had to think like us or they'd be banned from everything, we weren't dumb enough to believe that HCQ killed people and turned people blind, we weren't dumb enough to think that it wasn't worthy of going through clinical trials, we weren't dumb enough to think that Trump said "HCQ" because he was going to get some kind of royalties from it, we weren't sucked into believing that Trump's vaccines were guaranteed to be safe and effective, we never lied and said that they were more effective than they were, we never lied and said that they didn't have any side effects, we didn't end up in a position where we had to silently stop using vaxxes that we had previously guaranteed were safe, we didn't put infected people back into care homes, we didn't force vax children to save adults that were supposed to be safe because they took their own vaccines, we weren't dumb enough to say that "the vaccines are the only possible hope, ignore everything else", it wasn't right wingers who said "Ride the NYC subway like it's normal" or advertise hugathons in crowded environments a month into covid, we didn't have leaders tell everyone to mask up and stay out of restaurants and then get caught with 13 unmasked people in a restaurant.

Leftists have everything to be embarrassed about and nothing to crow about, they just have a propaganda machine that makes Goebbels look like an amateur. 

FyI I look at stats quite a bit. 

I can tell you that since Dec 14th there have been 1,023 unvaxed deaths in Canada, 1,048 dbl vaxed deaths and 868 dbl+boost deaths. 

Altogether that's 1,023 unvaxed vs 1,916 dbl- & triple-vaxed. Yes, there are more vaxed people than unvaxed, but people between 5-50 don't really count. The ones that drive the stats are people over 80 with co-morbidities, and no one tracks that stat. For sure there are a lot of people in that category who are so close to death that they don't bother with the vax.  

The vax isn't doing what we were told it would do, the goalposts were moved back for the vaxes and they're not even living up to their deflated expectations. It's just kinda helpful.

It's definitely not winning the battle against covid for us, it's definitely not worth turfing hard-working people over and it's definitely not worth dividing the country over. 

That's science and I don't care if you stick in your pipe and smoke it or up your arse, but don't try to tell me that you follow science and I don't just because I'm not one of your muppet buddies. Fauci is a weasel and flip-flopping asshole, he is not the avatar of the god of science. 

2) I don't recall anyone on the right arguing that Drs, Nurses and other healthcare workers who kept going through the pandemic should have been turfed for not vaxing, and I don't recall any leftists sticking up for them. Your statement is bass-ackwards.

Edited by WestCanMan
added the word people

2 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Pat King is a racist.

I wonder if we’ll find out one day that King is an operative.  Something rotten in the state of Denmark.  He’s like that cited swastika flag, because as Trudeau says. “The opposition walks with the swastika flag”, including the descendant of a Holocaust survivor.  

Just now, BubberMiley said:

Please don't attack the police.

The opposite of that is what your government prefers. So lesson learned...the government can't handle non-violence...except with violence themselves...which they did...and you approve.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

The opposite of that is what your government prefers. So lesson learned...the government can't handle non-violence...except with violence themselves...which they did...and you approve.

Were you angry in 1919 when they rode in on horses and killed strikers in the street in Winnipeg? That was some real violence. Not an old lady posing for photographs pretending she was hurt.

7 hours ago, Boges said:

No one is calling for executions of white people. 

If the "White Race" slowly gets browned through intermarrying, what exactly is wrong with that? 

I also would oppose an ethnic minority doing the same thing. And I concede it happens all the time with other racial groups, doesn't make it right. 

There's nothing wrong with racial intermarrying, people are free to mate with whomever they choose.

Here's an interesting question:  would it be justified if certain indigenous bands refuse to allow significant numbers of white people or non-indigenous people to live on their reserves?

In a stunning admission for a government official, Canadian Justice Minister David Lametti admitted the political motivations for seizing bank accounts during a television appearance today.

Minister Lametti told CTV News today, citizens identified as supporting President Donald Trump are subject to “de-banking” as part of the Canadian government’s official target identification process.

During the segment, Justice Minister Lametti hedged and dodged questioning about what terms and conditions the Canadian government is using to instruct the RCMP and financial institutions.  However, after equating the Trudeau order to the same principles around terrorism, the ‘Justice Minister’ finally said:

...”If you are a member of a pro Trump movement who is donating hundreds of thousands of dollars to this kind of thing, then you ought to be worried.”

• Like 1

The good thing about "Canadian" and "American" is that these nationalities aren't based on a racial group.  But then when it comes to "British" or "Italian" it gets much trickier because these groups have histories going back thousands of years that involve strong unique culture, language, even race etc.

What makes an "Italian" and "Italian"  Can you be a black Italian?  Is "Italian" both a nationality and an ethnicity?

"Jewish" is both a religion and an ethnicity/race.  A black person can become Jewish in religion, but can't be ethnically/racially Jewish.

42 minutes ago, ironstone said:

They just wanted to be heard.

Instead, he called them names, had the media print lies about them, ignored them til he couldn't any longer and then finally had them beaten and driven away by hired thugs.  Now in a fit of vengeance, his dutiful Ottawa cops have vowed to hunt down each and every one of them and make them pay for their insolence.

And the useful idiots cheer, not understanding that their day will come, too.

https://www.facebook.com/druthers.net/videos/3181212675449422

• Thanks 1