Trucker's Convoy

West

Think about it: why is it so urgent for them, almost like pee that couldn't be held that you just leave now? For someone who is honest; competent and open was a different opinion ever a threat? No, in some professional areas we call for critique and challenge because that's how we come up with the best solutions.

But what about the opposite? The weak, awkward, dim and incompetent that somehow climbed into positions of comfort and power? Well, every day you are in the street is a visible, palpable token that their positions aren't invulnerable and can be questioned and shaken. And that would cause, squeeze, produce and distill from them - what? Stress. Frustration. Anger. Hate. Just leave now, you made your point. Call the police, army attack helicopters who cares what (smiling beaver hugging a mountie in the background) but just do it NOW!!

21 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

stop talking and do something about it

try to crush us, see what happens

Nothing will happen. Overwhelming majority of Canadians see you as anarchists and saboteurs funded by extremist elements from abroad acting against the national security and interests so you will be arrested, put on trial and punished according to the law of the land.

If you bother to read the poll it also says a majority of Canadians would now support using force to end this and more of them now support indoor mask mandates and other restrictions than at the beginning of the protests.

It also says a majority are very unhappy with inaction of authorities so expect them to come down a lot harder on future disruptions.

This thing has gone from having a lot of sympathy to completely backfiring. Some people don’t know when enough is enough.

Edited by Aristides

10 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Where the hell did I or anyone said anything about roiling in tanks?. I have suggested about the use of military machinery to tow away the large number of trucks in downtown Ottawa (in the same post I clearly rejected the use of assault military), but nobody suggested remotely what you accuse us of. And the other one accusing us of mass murdering Canadians because we have to disagree with her views in this debate!!!!!. I wonder about highly extremist views hold by you guys to even think of such evil things.

You are the ones suggesting that decisions over my body should be made by popular opinion

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

If you bother to read the poll it also says a majority of Canadians would now support using force to end this and more of them now support indoor mask mandates and other restrictions than at the beginning of the protests.

in 1938 Adolf Hitler had an 89% approval rating in Germany

2 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Nothing will happen. Overwhelming majority of Canadians see you as anarchists and saboteurs funded by extremist elements from abroad acting against the national security and interests so you will be arrested, put on trial and punished according to the law of the land.

you opinion is not an argument, but you are of course welcome to it

• Like 1

Just now, West said:

You are the ones suggesting that decisions over my body should be made by popular opinion

And how the hell this is related to the use of tanks on population you accused us or the other one accusing us of mass murder?

Decisions on your body used to make a difference for rest of us when vaccines were effective before Omicron. Vaccines are proven no longer effective in that regard so I personally no longer support vaccine mandates but restrictions should be lifted gradually and based on science in prudent manner.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

you opinion is not an argument, but you are of course welcome to it

Where's your argument?  We're still waiting.  All we're really seeing is a bunch of brain-melting larping about Adolf Hitler, Imperial Hegemony etc. and then some awkward religious preaching.  

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

in 1938 Adolf Hitler had an 89% approval rating in Germany

The majority at one point have opposed human rights for a variety of people. This is no different... you've got alot of whacky people thinking opinion polls should supercede personal Healthcare decisions

• Like 3

Just now, West said:

The majority at one point have opposed human rights for a variety of people. This is no different... you've got alot of whacky people thinking opinion polls should supercede personal Healthcare decisions

I love mine enemies none the less

they are lost souls, in a Roman wilderness of pain

patience

we will prevail in the end, no matter how long it takes

we will keep coming, day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year

until Canada is freed from these treasonous tyrants

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

And how the hell this is related to the use of tanks on population you accused us or the other one accusing us of mass murder?

Decisions on your body used to make a difference for rest of us when vaccines were effective before Omicron. Vaccines are proven no longer effective in that regard so I personally no longer support vaccine mandates but restrictions should be lifted gradually and based on science in prudent manner.

Who accused you of mass murder? 

But you did support vaccine mandates knowing that people can have complications from them without really supporting a choice.

Edited by West

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

I love mine enemies none the less

they are lost souls, in a Roman wilderness of pain

patience

we will prevail in the end, no matter how long it takes

we will keep coming, day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year

until Canada is freed from these treasonous tyrants

Hmm I usually don't block people but this is some truly silly nonsense here.  It's like you're trying to practice your prose for your next online fanfiction novel or something.  First person I've blocked in years lol.  

9 minutes ago, West said:

Who accused you of mass murder? 

But you did support vaccine mandates knowing that people can have complications from them without really supporting a choice.

Another member did. A crazy person carrying a sign saying kill all anti-vaxers and the member said it is you wanting to kill your fellow Canadians!!!!

I supported vaccine mandates when they were proven to be effective against all variants before Omicron but even then only for those without medical reasons.

10 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Another member did. A crazy person carrying a sign saying kill all anti-vaxers and the member said it is you wanting to kill your fellow Canadians!!!!

I supported vaccine mandates when they were proven to be effective against all variants before Omicron but even then only for those without medical reasons.

Certainly wasn't me. I didn't see that though there are certainly a group of people who support locking up the unvaccinated. 

There are plenty of reasons for people not taking the vaccine. Some are medical. I know people who already had covid and are a bit skeptical of injecting that thing into their body again. Others have had family members or those close to them injured from the vaccine. Then there are those who oppose it for moral reasons. All of which should be respected and they should not be penalized. 

The vaccine has become hyperpolitical mostly because politicians like Trudeau have abused it for political gain. 

Vax or don't vaxx I don't really care. If you believe it works, you shouldn't be worried if someone else doesn't have theirs. 

My opposition is more to do with the rhetoric by politicians. I don't think it's healthy to be ruled by people who hate you

Edited by West

57 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't preach

I am but a simple pilgrim on the road to Calvary

no man nor office between me and the Almighty

Christ is with me, like a mountain at my back, no man can speak for the Lord

Well, you talk like an anarchist, not like a believer in Christ.  Maybe you believe but you are badly misled and don't know the Bible.  You need to read Romans ch13 and the New Testament.  Give to God what is God's and give to Ceasar what is Ceasars.  The Bible is opposed to breaking the law, violence, and anarchy.   Blockading bridges, border crossings and streets is illegal and a crime.

Edited by blackbird