Trucker's Convoy

West

5 minutes ago, blackbird said:

If criminals went in to rob a store or bank or threaten somebody, what do you think would happen when the police arrive?

That depends. I would hope the culprits are arrested. Would you propose to arrest all of these truckers? What would you do with them? Have you considered the optics of such a move?

2 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

That depends. I would hope the culprits are arrested. Would you propose to arrest all of these truckers? What would you do with them? Have you considered the optics of such a move?

The blockage of the Ambassador bridge affects perhaps 100 thousand workers in the auto manufacturing and parts industries that could be laid off.  The police should be using as much force as necessary to arrest blockaders and haul them away to detention centres or prisons.  Otherwise total anarchy could breakout everywhere and we will have no civilized country.  I think that would send a message that would discourage more anarchy.  As it is, things could get worse across the country as people see how easy it is to get away with these blockades.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The blockage of the Ambassador bridge affects perhaps 100 thousand workers in the auto manufacturing and parts industries that could be laid off.  The police should be using as much force as necessary to arrest blockaders and haul them away to detention centres or prisons.  Otherwise total anarchy could breakout everywhere and we will have no civilized country.  I think that would send a message that would discourage more anarchy.  As it is, things could get worse across the country as people see how easy it is to get away with these blockades.

It appears to me that the far right which has no respect for democracy is using (abusing) democracy to further its undemocratic agenda in Canada. The law enforcements and governments are acting timid and weak because they fear they may be accused of or shown internationally as dictators or use too much force.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Goddess said:

Most of the kids are there with their parents. 

That's why the government is consulting with CAS on ways to apprehend the children.

It's why they brought in bouncy castles and playground equipment.

CAS won't do anything lol. These trucks are like motor homes. Maybe while they are at it they'll start going after people at camp sites too

Just now, West said:

CAS won't do anything lol. These trucks are like motor homes. Maybe while they are at it they'll start going after people at camp sites too

I know.  It's just another intimidation/scare tactic.

Like when the police took their fuel a few days ago and a judge made them give it back.

7 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I see. And I suppose you said exactly the same thing about "The Summer of Love" in 2020...right?

These truckers are peaceful and frankly...effective as Hell.

You can jump up and down all you like but...we all know who the real anarchists are. We've seen 'em in action. Funny that those Libbie warriors don't come out of hiding to counter these truckers...eh?

5 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I see. And I suppose you said exactly the same thing about "The Summer of Love" in 2020...right?

These truckers are peaceful and frankly...effective as Hell.

You can jump up and down all you like but...we all know who the real anarchists are. We've seen 'em in action. Funny that those Libbie warriors don't come out of hiding to counter these truckers...eh?

Rubbish.  Many of these people are breaking the law and you support it.  That means you are a criminal.

3 hours ago, blackbird said:

The Windsor police spokeswoman says their priority is public safety and keeping the peace.  That says it all.  Completely useless.

The mayor says they don't want to see anybody get hurt.  What a farce.  The anarchists will be able to keep the bridge shut down or half shut down endlessly with that kind of leadership.  He should resign.  He is sending the wrong message and is an enabler.

If it was me I'd say...

"Okay. It's over. The tow truck's are coming, consider your rig impounded the moment we hook you up. Resist and you'll be taken to jail. You have 10 minutes to move"

...or words to that effect.

11 minutes ago, eyeball said:

If it was me I'd say...

"Okay. It's over. The tow truck's are coming, consider your rig impounded the moment we hook you up. Resist and you'll be taken to jail. You have 10 minutes to move"

...or words to that effect.

Oh but what if all the tow-truck drivers come down with The Rona all of the sudden?

3 hours ago, Accountability Now said:

I’m talking about protesters blockading not pipeline cancellations

Wait a minute...YOU brought up pipelines. Now that you see the err of your comparison, you wanna what? Pretend it wasn't you're comparison in the first place?

Found this about the First Nations Blockade of the Ambassador Bridge... 

Part of 1 day.  They made their point and moved on.

This is why the Convoy people are dangerous - they have zero strategy.  Once their disapproval % gets high enough it will be, sadly, a crackdown and the poor sops who think they will be bailed out by PM Tom Marazzo and his coalition will have their livelihoods impacted grievously

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/idle-no-more-draws-hundreds-to-ambassador-bridge-1.1302410

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

It appears to me that the far right which has no respect for democracy is using (abusing) democracy to further its undemocratic agenda in Canada. The law enforcements and governments are acting timid and weak because they fear they may be accused of or shown internationally as dictators or use too much force.

Far right???

No respect for Democracy???

So...protests are not allowed...in your version of Democracy?

13 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Wait a minute...YOU brought up pipelines. Now that you see the err of your comparison, you wanna what? Pretend it wasn't you're comparison in the first place?

Please try to keep up with the conversation. I’ll hold your hand this time but you’re on your own next. 

Pipeline blockades from protesters is what I’m against, not pipeline cancellations. I am against any blockade. You have the right to protest but you don’t have the right to blockade.

2 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Far right???

Far right or not, this bunch has absolutely no respect for democracy. This is not a protest any longer, it is a deliberate attempt to shut down the country's economy. These people want to dictate who governs the country and are stomping all over the rights and freedoms of other Canadians. If there are more empty shelves and out of work people in this country, it will be all on them, not the government.

7 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Far right???

This is not protest. This is breaking the law. Blocking bridges and goods that many Canadians rely on for living and jobs and occupying our Capital city and clear display of lack of respect for law and order is not a protest. GO HOME.

1 minute ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

This is not protest. This is breaking the law. Blocking bridges and goods that many Canadians rely on for living and jobs and occupying our Capital city and clear display of lack of respect for law and order is not a protest. GO HOME.

What do you think happens at a protest?

The protesters come and want to discuss what actions can be taken to improve things from their viewpoint.

The powers that be say, "F Off."

The protesters say, "ok" and leave?

8 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

Please try to keep up with the conversation. I’ll hold your hand this time but you’re on your own next. 

Pipeline blockades from protesters is what I’m against, not pipeline cancellations. I am against any blockade. You have the right to protest but you don’t have the right to blockade.

So move 'em...if you dare.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Far right or not, this bunch has absolutely no respect for democracy. This is not a protest any longer, it is a deliberate attempt to shut down the country's economy. These people want to dictate who governs the country and are stomping all over the rights and freedoms of other Canadians. If there are more empty shelves and out of work people in this country, it will be all on them, not the government.

CORRECTION: The truckers have been insulted and misidentified by a PM who's hiding his ass at Mommy's cottage. He could have met with the truckers...you know...like a real leader...but Pixie-Dust is a cowering little simp who has others do his dirty work for him.

What an embarrassment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Nationalist said:

CORRECTION: The truckers have been insulted and misidentified by a PM who's hiding his ass at Mommy's cottage. He could have met with the truckers...you know...like a real leader...but Pixie-Dust is a cowering little simp who has others do his dirty work for him.

What an embarrassment.

That's all you got? You are mad at Trudeau and that justifies trying to shut down the whole country and change it's government to something you get to choose? What a pathetic bunch of fucked up, thin skinned, snowflakes..

Just now, Goddess said:

This is specific to Bonnie Henry (BC) but this exact problem is what's been going on in all the p rovinces and is exactly what the truckers are fighting for.  For all of us.

Bullshit, they don't even know what they are fighting for. They are just angry and lashing out.

• Like 1

Canadians are MAD because a Chinese social credit system is being forced upon us in the form of vaccine passports that will NEVER go away.

You'll need it to cross ANY border...use ANY service...do ANYTHING.

You want this?

If so you're fucking crazy...or evil. Not sure which...maybe both?

• Like 1