Trucker's Convoy

West

46 minutes ago, Aristides said:

So now you are constitutional expert. The court is the final arbiter when it comes to what is "self evident", no one else.

You’re wrong.  The Charter is clear and accessible to the general public and was designed as such.  If you don’t see how the rights are violated, you’re in a sad way.  

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

The flag was probably used to call Trudeau a Nazi.  It doesn’t matter.  Looking at one person’s expression to discredit the very reasonable opposition of 10,000 people is a dirty trick.  You’d have to be incredibly gullible to ascribe Nazism to the convoy, who are there for clear and important reasons that are about opposing dictatorship of all forms.

• Like 2

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

You’re wrong.  The Charter is clear and accessible to the general public and was designed as such.  If you don’t see how the rights are violated, you’re in a sad way.  

So what, the courts decide how it is interpreted. If you think the government is acting unconstitutionally, use some of that money being raised to file a Charter Challenge. Until the court says so, everything is just opinions.

People have been screaming about this being unconstitutional for at least a year now, so  where are the challenges if they are so certain. It should be a slam dunk.

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

The flag was probably used to call Trudeau a Nazi.  It doesn’t matter.  Looking at one person’s expression to discredit the very reasonable opposition of 10,000 people is a dirty trick.  You’d have to be incredibly gullible to ascribe Nazism to the convoy, who are there for clear and important reasons that are about opposing dictatorship of all forms.

I was asked to post a picture. I did.

Just now, Aristides said:

So what, the courts decide how it is interpreted. If you think the government is acting unconstitutionally, use some of that money being raised to file a Charter Challenge. Until the court says so, everything is just opinions.

People have been screaming about this being unconstitutional for at least a year now, so  where are the challenges if they are so certain. It should be a slam dunk.

Grow up.  You know that challenges are launched and you know that Trudeau won’t even debate the protesters.  His behaviour is cowardly and arbitrary.  The longer he drags this out the stronger the opposition will grow.

I was asked to post a picture. I did.

The only picture you can find. Not anywhere near any protest...

So the assumed (by you) trucker Nazi must have been greeted and welcomed by all his fellow trucker Nazis and their kids. No pictures of that, right?

7 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Grow up.  You know that challenges are launched and you know that Trudeau won’t even debate the protesters.  His behaviour is cowardly and arbitrary.  The longer he drags this out the stronger the opposition will grow.

I'm fine with challenges being launched because that will be the only way this will be decided.

Why should Trudeau debate anyone? He can't give in and they wouldn't leave anyway. He isn't that stupid.

Edited by Aristides

Why should Trudeau debate anyone? He can't give in and they wouldn't leave anyway. He isn't that stupid.

You’re just wrong.  Leadership is about courage, compromise, and bringing people together for a greater common purpose.  Trudeau has indefinitely suspended rights, alienated essential workers, and turned his back on a big portion of the electorate.  He’s like a spoiled child with his fingers in his ears to tune out reality.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re just wrong.  Leadership is about courage, compromise, and bringing people together for a greater common purpose.  Trudeau has indefinitely suspended rights, alienated essential workers, and turned his back on a big portion of the electorate.  He’s like a spoiled child with his fingers in his ears to tune out reality.  

I'm really not sure who is the worst spoiled child here. You are the one stamping your feet to get attention and he is the one ignoring you.

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

He clearly has a boss and he must deliver.

4 hours ago, blackbird said:

I have repented and accepted Jesus as my Savior.  So it doesn't matter what the accuser (Devil) of the brethren says.  When are you going to be converted and be saved?

Probably later, after you condemn me and other people to hell. Let us know who gets in.

Justine's empty rhetoric is like bland sugary meal you get quickly fed up with no matter amount. Sure together. I like to see a PHO raking not multiples but dozen and over of what a "front line hero" takes home, being together in a common thrust to some great new dawn. This is what a detached, delusional and self-absorbed to the point where real reality does not need to exist anymore authority looks like. It would feed you beautiful tales from one end of its mouth and edicts and arrests, from the other. It just doesn't have anything else. Little or nothing, of real substance.

Edited by myata

21 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Probably later, after you condemn me and other people to hell. Let us know who gets in.

People condemn themselves by their own choice.

"3  But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."

2 Corinthians 4:3, 4 KJV

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

People condemn themselves by their own choice.

"3  But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."

2 Corinthians 4:3, 4 KJV

People condemn themselves when they judge others.

You posted the cartoon about condemning prisoners to eternal hell. Is that want you wish for us?

And does not your quote above imply I am doomed to condemnation, being lost and blind, myself?

Physician, heal thyself.

It appears anarchists have deliberately chosen truck drivers to be their tool of anarchy and subversion against the democratically-elected government.  After all a transport truck is generally regarded as a friend of society as it brings badly need food and supplies.  But it can be used deceptively to make people think it is just a "protest" when in fact they are using it to attack the very basic structures of society.  It can be moved about very innocently and without warning it can attack.  Now they have blocked at least one lane on the Ambassador bridge from the U.S. to Canada.  If people with some guns tried to block a bridge or street, the swat team would be right there, but because it is a beloved transport truck, nobody does anything.  It gets a free pass.

Edited by blackbird

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

People condemn themselves when they judge others.

You posted the cartoon about condemning prisoners to eternal hell. Is that want you wish for us?

And does not your quote above imply I am doomed to condemnation, being lost and blind, myself?

Physician, heal thyself.

You make the choices for yourself.  You chose to mock me and reject the Bible messages.

10 minutes ago, blackbird said:

It appears anarchists have deliberately chosen truck drivers to be their tool of anarchy and subversion against the democratically-elected government.  After all a transport truck is generally regarded as a friend of society as it brings badly need food and supplies.  But it can be used deceptively to make people think it is just a "protest" when in fact they are using it to attack the very basic structures of society.  It can be moved about very innocently and without warning it can attack.  Now they have blocked at least one lane on the Ambassador bridge from the U.S. to Canada.  If people with some guns tried to block a bridge of street, the swat team would be right there, but because it is a beloved transport truck, nobody does anything.  It gets a free pass.

Be thankful that they’re defending your rights.  As other countries remove mandates and restrictions, including vaccine passports and masks, Trudeau is clinging to the deluded notion that the people want their rights suspended because he won a minority government in September.  The Liberals got fewer votes overall than the Conservatives, but Trudeau thinks he has dictatorial powers and can ignore public sentiment and our Charter.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

Do you not know the story of how the Israelites rose out of Egypt?   Quoting Bible passages to bolster your argument against constitutional freedoms doesn’t work.  

The Bible speaks against crime, anarchy, sedition or rebellion against authority.  Yes, I know the story of how Israel escaped from Egypt.  Do you think you are suffering in slavery like Israel in Egypt?

5 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The Bible speaks against crime, anarchy, sedition or rebellion against authority.  Yes, I know the story of how Israel escaped from Egypt.  Do you think you are suffering in slavery like Israel in Egypt?

Yes we all are.  Our freedoms are drastically reduced.  My kids can’t participate in anything beyond the most basic education.  They’re masked and alienated from each other.  Travel is prohibitively bureaucratic.  The society is segregated and desperate for whatever scraps of socialization government will allow — and we’re the vaccinated.  The unvaccinated are treated like second class citizens.  Businesses are barely hanging on.  Government won’t even discuss the future with the opposition, who are cast as extremist morons.  

Edited by Zeitgeist