The push is on of the Omicron or Omnicon virus.

taxme

C'mon guys, isn't it about time to shift gears and start pointing to omicron as evidence that our fears over COVID were always overblown?  Heck, you should be claiming credit for omicron - we might not even have a safer mutant if it wasn't for that vast army of the unvacinated incubators, patriots all of them, who were willing to go over the wire in their war against science the greater good of the economy and of course the left.

Edited by eyeball

Omicron is taking us to Endemic.  The genie is out of the bottle.  My workplace, following provincial instructions, will no longer be contact tracing or informing the community we serve.  Isolation requirements have been reduced for the vaccinated.  Not even everyone who may have a possible Covid symptom will qualify for a test now. It’s becoming clear that we’re de facto managing Covid like the flu.   Failing the screening just means staying home until you recover.  You may not even get a test and your coworkers and clients won’t be informed.  It’s the end of reporting total number of cases to government too. Basically it’s kept between people who report a positive test and public health.  The vaccine mandates persist.  Unfortunately so do the mask mandates— for now.

Hopefully soon people will live as they want and make the choice whether to mask up and be in close contact with large groups, because everyone is likely to get Omicron eventually.  If the hospitals aren’t overwhelmed and people have access to vaccines, that’s all that counts. Protect yourself as much as you feel you need to. Restrictions and border testing requirements should end soon, once it’s clear that society can function normally and manage the serious cases.  Out of 1100 available ICU beds in Ontario, only around 200 are in use.  Soon we should lift restrictions.   I think governments are watching the vaccine availability and hospitalizations.  I hope common sense prevails and we can leave the pandemic behind soon.  Get your boosters if you’re worried.   Wear your masks if you want.  Otherwise live and let live.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Omicron is taking us to Endemic.  The genie is out of the bottle.  My workplace, following provincial instructions, will no longer be contact tracing or informing the community we serve.  Isolation requirements have been reduced for the vaccinated.  Not even everyone who may have a possible Covid symptom will qualify for a test now. It’s becoming clear that we’re de facto managing Covid like the flu.   Failing the screening just means staying home until you recover.  You may not even get a test and your coworkers and clients won’t be informed.  It’s the end of reporting total number of cases to government too. Basically it’s kept between people who report a positive test and public health.  The vaccine mandates persist.  Unfortunately so do the mask mandates— for now.

Hopefully soon people will live as they want and make the choice whether to mask up and be in close contact with large groups, because everyone is likely to get Omicron eventually.  If the hospitals aren’t overwhelmed and people have access to vaccines, that’s all that counts. Protect yourself as much as you feel you need to. Restrictions and border testing requirements should end soon, once it’s clear that society can function normally and manage the serious cases.  Out of 1100 available ICU beds in Ontario, only around 200 are in use.  Soon we should lift restrictions.   I think governments are watching the vaccine availability and hospitalizations.  I hope common sense prevails and we can leave the pandemic behind soon.  Get your boosters if you’re worried.   Wear your masks if you want.  Otherwise live and let live.  

This looks like a step in the right direction. It makes no sense to count and record obsessively the cases that are asymptomatic. Ontario is now putting a halt to obsessive testing. We don’t need to know these things.

It fulfill the message I gave a while ago.

On 6/25/2020 at 10:09 PM, OftenWrong said:

The only way to really get rid of the Coronavirus is to stop looking at it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

C'mon guys, isn't it about time to shift gears and start pointing to omicron as evidence that our fears over COVID were always overblown? 

Say what you want.

Only 790 people under 50 died since the very beginning of the pandemic in this country. Some of us were aware of the fact that covid wasn't deadly for healthy people back in late spring of 2020.

Still, a lot of very healthy people under 50 were shit-scared every day for the last two years. MSM disinformation is to blame for that. 

Heck, you should be claiming credit for omicron -

A guy named Muller is claiming credit for omicron. I talked about him last year. You didn't listen.

we might not even have a safer mutant if it wasn't for that vast army of the unvacinated incubators,

FYI omicron came here on airplanes which were exclusively filled with fully vaccinated people. SNAP!

And guess what? 1,000 dead people just called: they were fully vaccinated Canadians who somehow feel like covid incubated in them (while it was killing them). They want to know why there were more dbl-vaxxed deaths in the few months that there even were dbl vaxxed people in this country than there were deaths among people under 50 since Jan 2020.

I'll take that call - you obviously don't have a friggin clue what to say to them.

who were willing to go over the wire in their war against science the greater good of the economy and of course the left.

I understand the limitations and risks of the pseudovaxxes far better than you do. Always have, always will.

I understood covid better in advance than you understand it with the benefit of hindsight. Just like every other topic here. Go look back at my posts from the spring of 2020 if you don't believe me.

Look at my comments on the BSL4 lab, at-risk demographics, Muller's ratchet, vax safety (lack thereof), the importance of looking into alternative treatments, etc, right from the beginning. 

[Like everyone, I hoped that the vaccines would be safe and that they would put an end to the covid shitshow, but before my demographic was even eligible for the vax it was evident that I almost certainly didn't need it, "delta threw us a change-up" lol, and there were some dangerous side effects]

FYI the people who didn't fear covid didn't 'wage war on the economy', that was the fear mongering left. People with balls kept food on the table during covid. They patrolled our streets and worked in our hospitals. They drove trucks, worked in warehouses, grocery stores, etc.

Do you care to guess who waged war on children, eyeball? 

Who was it that said that children 5-17 need to take the vaccines in order to __________ (in truth, accomplish nothing aside from padding the vaccines' success stats)?

That would be the leftist dolts.

Wanna know how to have a really bad outcome during a pandemic? Choose a singular course of action well before you know if it will work, instantly disparage any other course of action the second that it's considered, ignore all evidence of what's actually working, and force everyone to take the predetermined course of action even when it's clearly not working. 

People who really give a shit about preventing the next pandemic will look at the blind faith that was put in the vaccines, the war that was waged against all other possible considerations, and shake their heads. 

In the end, leftists put all of their eggs in the vaxx basket (they actually went full Nazi and tried to force all of OUR eggs in one basket) and when covid is eventually handled they have no choice but to try to claim 'victory by vaxxing' or they're just admitting to being stupid Nazis, but the fact is that covid just ran its course. Ironically, when they do they'll be claiming victory for the orange God, and conservatives will be the only ones who even considered the possibility that the Trumpvax wasn't 'the one and only true path'.

It almost like the government and health authorities want to tell us that there are two pandemics now: the one for the general populace ai-oi! "tsunami" and new restrictions. And the other for those in the know, no contract tracing, mild cases, reduced quarantines. Do they know something?

This example: outbreak in Antarctica, BBC shows clearly that the virus cannot be defeated and the glorious war is for nothing. New variants will emerge and new tsunamis declared. We cannot defeat the virus any more than common cold and flu are defeated but we can our fear and irrationality. We need to seek and find the path back to the normal, normal normal. And if the authorities aren't that interested, why would they for them it isn't going too bad with salaries and entitlements rolling in on the clock plus emergency bonuses how else, the society has to begin an intelligent and responsible conversation on returning to normal and finding a responsible and intelligent path there. The only alternative is not years but decades of anxiety and fear that would change us and our nature. Already changing.

Edited by myata

13 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Say what you want...

...In the end,

I still think the best early prediction, late March early April 2019 or so, was my own when I pointed out that America wouldn't stand a chance against COVID.  They're still in 1st or last place depending on how you look at it.

20 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I still think the best early prediction, late March early April 2019 or so, was my own when I pointed out that America wouldn't stand a chance against COVID.  They're still in 1st or last place depending on how you look at it.

They’re actually in first place.  They’re living with the virus and recognize that for the vast majority of people, it’s nothing more than the cold and flu.  They’re recognizing that the amount of harm that comes from shutting down all of society every few months has significant consequences especially among children.  They’re recognizing that it’s not the government’s job to protect them from covid anymore than it is to protect them from pneumonia, the flu etc.  Covid is a significant threat to the obese, elderly and sick.  And because of medical science, there are more people than ever, living longer, with serious health issues, and obesity.  That’s why 94% of all covid deaths in the United States are 65+ with on average 2.5 serious health issues, according to the CDC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Shady said:

They’re actually in first place.  They’re living with the virus and recognize that for the vast majority of people, it’s nothing more than the cold and flu.

Yes well, the worst effects of COVID were always all the commies, Nazi's and lefties so...its all about priorites I guess.

But seriously when you look at various responses to the Spanish Flu it was noted that jurisdictions that employed health measures hard and early had far better outcomes than those who succumbed to irrational fears over commies and whatnot.

I'm looking at the top ten American states for covid deaths.

I get 379,000 for blue states and 180,000 for red. Around there anyway.

Then you need to factor in that even in Red States, urban centers are more often run by Democrats.

Also look at say Florida which I'm calling a Red State they suffered significant deaths in the early going then DeSantis emphasized therapeutics and they have few covid deaths these days.

If you want to start considering what sort of government "controls" work, I mean.

They're calling out the National Guard in the face of collapsing health systems. The outcomes and consequences of various responses are still unfolding.

Too early to know what the final tally will be but history already provides a pretty good clue of who or what fared better and worked and why.

Heck I bet the one's who dropped their balls back in 1918 referred to masks as face-diapers too.

Edited by eyeball

57 minutes ago, eyeball said:

They're calling out the National Guard in the face of collapsing health systems. The outcomes and consequences of various responses are still unfolding.

Too early to know what the final tally will be but history already provides a pretty good clue of who or what fared better and worked and why.

Heck I bet the one's who dropped their balls back in 1918 referred to masks as face-diapers too.

But success means different things to different people.  Having a higher death rate but greater freedom is more valued by some than a lower death rate with draconian restrictions.  As the Oracle at Delphi - and Plato - said, “In all things, moderation.”  I actually salute Doug Ford for trying to take the Buddhist mid-path on Covid.  However, the push is on to increase restrictions and sell more fear.  He and others should resist this and watch the level of hospitalizations as Omicron spreads.  If we see that hospitals can manage the higher case rates and these rates stabilize, restrictions should be steadily removed.

Covid isn’t going away.  We have vaccines and the choice to take additional precautions based on our own well-informed assessments of risk.  Treatments are improving. Once all kids aged 5+ have had the opportunity to be vaccinated and all adults have had the opportunity for boosters, we’ve provided all the ammunition available to fight this virus.  We were told by Fauci that by March we should get there.  If we don’t, expect restrictions for years.  Be highly critical and push governments to restore freedoms, because we were also told the pandemic would end last summer.  I just hope that whatever government tries to do, eventually people tune out the orders because the facts of endemic will speak for themselves.  I think they already are.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

But success means different things to different people.  Having a higher death rate but greater freedom is more valued by some than a lower death rate with draconian restrictions.

Draconian obviously means something different too.

As the Oracle at Delphi - and Plato - said, “In all things, moderation.”

Well, they probably didn't have lefties to worry about back then so....easy for them to say.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

I brought this up  back on page 6 of this thread and no one wanted to touch it.  Now it is becoming a reality.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/coronavirus-covid19-canada-world-jan2-2022-1.6302053

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Draconian obviously means something different too.

Well, they probably didn't have lefties to worry about back then so....easy for them to say.

Okay, where would you rather live, China or Florida?   In Florida the pandemic feels over.  People are seeing who they want and going where they want.  The vulnerable tend to mask up but not always.  Sometimes people get very sick and more rarely they die, but they’ve focused on providing the best treatments for the hardest hit.  The death rate has fallen and people feel free.

In China people are locked into their apartments when there are small outbreaks and the restrictions and surveillance are brutal.   Fewer people get and die of Covid there.  

Canada has followed more of the Chinese model than the Floridian.  No thanks.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Oh, so it's something you tell me you heard somewhere but can't actually show anybody.

As you wish, then...

Clicking back to 'don't care' mode. Whatever it is, I doubt it's much of what you're suggesting. Assuming something like it actually exists.

There are tons of articles if you bother to do a search. It took me ten seconds to find them.

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

Wow, that was profound. America was the country that was getting blasted by covid in late March, after the Dems spent all of January and February giving pro-covid advice to Americans. 

A virus came out of a Chinese BSL4 lab, just a few months after Trump bragged about winning a trade war against China, and it was targeted at elderly people, who are a burden on China's economy, and people with co-morbidities, which also happens to be a bull's eye on American citizens. I talked about that too, as well as the fact that China was curbing their population by limiting the number of babies being born just a few years earlier.

You should be paying more attention to my posts eyeball: you'll learn way more from me than you ever will from your news sources. 

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

I brought this up  back on page 6 of this thread and no one wanted to touch it.  Now it is becoming a reality.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/coronavirus-covid19-canada-world-jan2-2022-1.6302053

And what does your article tell us? That unvaxxed staffers shouldn't have been let go during a "pandemic"? 

As of right now, no one seems to be talking about the case fatality rate for Omicron. I tried a few different Google searches and combed the first few pages of each and it's not mentioned anywhere, but judging by the "MASSIVE NUMBER OF OMNICON CASES" and the low number of omicron deaths, the CFR is extremely low. Like a flu.