New Brunswick goes full nazi and wants to prevent unvax from buying groceries

19 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Actual statistics paint a very different picture: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1228632/number-covid-deaths-canada-by-age/

19 deaths among Canadians under 20 since January of last year. It's a flu.

@Aristides

There were 11 covid deaths among 0-11 yr olds since January of 2020, and you said that covid was the 8th-highest cause of death among 5-11 yr olds.

Do you care to comment? 

It's possible that the vaccine will kill more than 11 kids in the two years from the date that we started vaccinating them. 

Remember that film, "Contagion"? Isn't it amusing to observe how much of the thinking and action of the media/expert (those who appear in it regularly) conglomerate can be traced to it, including blind and unwavering trust in the innate goodness of scientists and danger of stepping out of rules and lines prescribed by them. Sure, the danger of combination of irresponsible belief in own truth with social media is real and cannot be exaggerated; as ever much of the population hears that it would like to hear, that is, quick and easy solution that wouldn't burden expensive thinking mind too much, distracting it from daily business. But isn't there another risk too - that of not responsible, that is, forgetting the practice of accountability and responsibility presumably, goodness of authority guided by, as claimed, science? Forgetting because never required and even asked, so there isn't even a need to think of and give meaningful answers.

What is the risk versus benefit of vaccination for healthy young children? Why there's so much pumping of the vaccination drive in the media but no clear answers? What are possible benefits to the community, how are they explained and justified? None. Silence.

Irresponsible broadcasting of a false panacea can be dangerous. The problem is not who to trust blindly, a self-professed guru or an entitled bureaucrat of health science long out of the practice and mindset of accountability. The problem is blind trust it self. And certainly, as experience shows again and again it can be painful and expensive to a society that does not value and maintain the standard of accountability and critical quesitoning.

Edited by myata
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, myata said:

Remember that film, "Contagion"? Isn't it amusing to observe how much of the thinking and action of the media/expert (those who appear in it regularly) conglomerate can be traced to it, including blind and unwavering trust in the innate goodness of scientists and danger of stepping out of rules and lines prescribed by them.

Blind faith in politicians and the media is nothing new around here.

There’s no shortage of people who will say that the Afghan withdrawal was a smashing success, or that Trudeau’s scandals are no big deal, etc.

It has gotten to the point where a person can kill six people and injure 40 others with a car, in their second motor vehicle attack of that month, and the media can call it a “car crash” without being questioned.

I think we’re done here, as far as waiting for the population to wake up is concerned. We have to hack into Biden’s teleprompter if we want to move humanity forward. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

why would antivaxxers starve to accommodate you?

they need to sacrifice for you, but you refuse to sacrifice anything for them

meanwhile you act like they are the selfish ones, when your motives are even more selfish than those you rail on and on about

acting like them being selfish is grounds for government punishment

your hypocrisy on this issue is blatant

but cognitive dissonance kicks in causing you to project your biggest faults onto others

you are filled with resentment and anomie

you desire to punish the unvaxed is displaced anger with your own faults

it's not them you actually hate, it's the parts of yourself that you see in them, that you hate the most

you're just in denial about it

Maybe leftist liberal Aristotle is peeved off because he found out that the he went and took the covid jabs for nothing now that he has found out that he can still get covid. And now he is probably mad as hell and jealous at the non vaccinated smart people because they did not take the jabs. Some people are like that, don't you know. ?

11 minutes ago, taxme said:

Maybe leftist liberal Aristotle is peeved off because he found out that the he went and took the covid jabs for nothing now that he has found out that he can still get covid. And now he is probably mad as hell and jealous at the non vaccinated smart people because they did not take the jabs. Some people are like that, don't you know. ?

I'd honestly be pretty mad if I listened to the MSM hyperbole about how covid was killing so many children, how heroic vax-victims under 12 are, and then found out that only 11 kids died in two years. I can promise you that if a healthy 6 yr old died of covid the MSM would have made it headline news 24/7 for a month.

8th leading cause of death? Sure, maybe because that population demographic has very few deaths to begin with.

What kills 5-11 yr olds? Car accidents, cancer, stairs, trees, bicycles, murder, congenital heart problems, and what else? I can't think of a lot of ways that children that young die in Canada, so #8 is possible. 

The vax-nazis on TV are quick to say things like "The double-vaxed who are dying are mainly chemo patients, etc" but they would never say that "Covid is basically only 'killing' kids with CF and cancer."

I think that most people who are armed with all of the pertinent information wouldn't even consider vaxing 5-11 yr olds. The risk reward ratio is basically 0/?. IE, zero risk of death by covid vs a huge ?.

Again, I ask parents what are the risks of the vax? The answer is a mix of "we don't have a clue" and "it is known to cause myocarditis and pericarditis in the healthiest individuals and we don't officially know why. Maybe even killing kids - we don't know because youths who died mysteriously remain a mystery." 

What benefit does it confer on the child/society at large? Zero for the child and almost zero for society.

I just don't get it.

Anyone who approaches my child with a syringe will end up with a painful case of vaxxis-anus. 

7 hours ago, Aristides said:

If you say so but if that is the case it seems to me that the vaccinated are the ones who have accepted that Covid isn’t going anywhere and have done what they can to protect themselves so they can get on with life while the unvaccinated are the ones hiding and living in fear. Of what I don’t know.

They are not living in fear, they are living with their choice, and if they can do that ,why does it bother you so much ? you know the odds of getting covid just like everyone else, not sure why this topic irks you so much...

On CBC radio today a long story (turned off after approx. 10 minutes was still going) about a teaching assistant turned from her job because of hijab in Quebec. How do you feel, why is it fair what would you say and so on. This is a different topic and without going into any details, how is it different from someone who has been fired from job because of mandatory vaccination requirement (except where it's warranted by specific job environment)?

- in both cases, the policy has been adopted by a democratic government

- in both cases, the choice was individual and voluntary

- in one case, a long and in depth debate in the society happened before adoption of the law and policy based on it.

Why then one story merits a long presentation on the national radio, and the other (many others, actually) only silence like nothing is happening? Who decides it and how? We have to clue not to mention credible and working ways even to approach this questions. And we may end up in a trouble for this reason in this century.

44 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Again, I ask parents what are the risks of the vax? The answer is a mix of "we don't have a clue" and "it is known to cause myocarditis and pericarditis in the healthiest individuals and we don't officially know why. Maybe even killing kids - we don't know because youths who died mysteriously remain a mystery." 

This is what I don't understand either.

The teenagers and young adults dropping like flies from heart attacks?  I think they know.  Because Pfizer has now (quietly) come out with direction to not engage in physical activity for 2 weeks post-jab. And the media trying to make it out like children have been dying of heart attacks for years and we just never noticed before.

And the 34 teens listed as dying within minutes and days in VAERS?  No autopsies.

Pfizer requested that its data not be revealed for over 50 years - 50 years!  A judge overruled that and said they had to release 500 pages per month.

A Toronto Dr. Rochagne Kilian, reviewed the first 500 pages released and was appalled.  She put together a presentation for Toronto Public Health on Dec. 6, 2021 outlining her concerns.  It's a well-referenced letter.  There was also a Margot Boyd who has a post-graduate degree in Public Health at the University of Toronto who added a letter of concern. Margot Boyd states that from Toronto Public Health's own data - after only a week and half of child injections there are already 15 adverse events and a case of myocarditis requiring hospitalization.  This for a child's risk of dying from covid - almost 0%.

Highlight from the 500 pages reluctantly released by Pfizer, I noticed:

For the first 90 days after Pfizer injections, over 42,000 injuries reported, less than half of them are "recovering" or "recovered."  1223 deaths reported in those 90 days.

In the UK, children aged 12-15 are recommended to only get one dose and it has been called "far too early" to start vaccinating children under 11. Iceland has suspended Moderna for all ages.  Sweden, Finland, France and Germany have suspended Moderna for anyone under 30, and Norway, Denmark and Singapore for all under 18.  Japan will not be doing boosters, stating that Ivermectin can be used for a more effective cure and permanent substitute for vaccines. Taiwan does not inject children under 12 and has halted the second dose for 12-17 year olds.

Why are we pushing full-steam ahead in Canada?

I think it's the hysteria the media has built up.  Nothing will convince parents that their children are not in mortal danger of covid.  Nothing.  Nothing will convince the likes of people like Boges and Dialamah and Aristedes that they are not in imminent threat of dying from covid, so any amount of child deaths are acceptable to them.

Edited by Goddess
  • Thanks 1

The danger is that the authority that was supposed to act in the interests of the public and only it, will become vested in the ideological cause and its place in it. So many examples of that in history and one has to work hard to find one that played out well.

Edited by myata
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

They are not living in fear, they are living with their choice, and if they can do that ,why does it bother you so much ? you know the odds of getting covid just like everyone else, not sure why this topic irks you so much...

Aristides is scared shitless of the virus. Or he cares so much.

In both cases, in a healthy society, we should tell him to f*** off.

1 hour ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Aristides is scared shitless of the virus. Or he cares so much.

In both cases, in a healthy society, we should tell him to

He's just playin you suckers for a fool. But if anyone needs to be "told", it should be political leaders who use their position as a platform, to catapult the bullroar.

For who is it that really emboldened the government of NB to take this inhumane position? Why, Mr. Trudeau of course. His hateful rhetoric towards Canadians is totally unacceptable. It speaks volumes about our system and the mentality of those who keep electing these useless punks.

Regardless of decisions made by grocery clerks, who appear to have more compassion and common sense than the government, the government of NB must be held accountable for the illegal legislation they passed. There are unquestionably people who cannot take the vaccine, so this is discrimination based on a person's medical status.

1 minute ago, Faramir said:

I am getting more and more sure that COVID emergency measures will become essentially permanent for my life time.  At least we are not New Zealand that just banned smoking, or Australia, with its state mandated curfews.  

It's crazy how out there they straight up enforce prohibition, even though it is known that it doesn't work. They like a government that overreaches for their 'security'. The government admitted they were abandoning a '0 COVID' policy. They locked down the country for a few months if I remember, and they even shut down the country because of 1 case declared.

New Zealand enters nationwide lockdown over one Covid case

New Zealand has announced a snap lockdown after a man tested positive for Covid, the first case in six months.

The case was detected in Auckland, which will be in lockdown for a week, while the rest of the country will be in lockdown for three days.

Authorities say they are working on the assumption that the new case was the Delta variant.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-58241619

24 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

He's just playin you suckers for a fool. But if anyone needs to be "told", it should be political leaders who use their position as a platform, to catapult the bullroar.

For who is it that really emboldened the government of NB to take this inhumane position? Why, Mr. Trudeau of course. His hateful rhetoric towards Canadians is totally unacceptable. It speaks volumes about our system and the mentality of those who keep electing these useless punks.

Regardless of decisions made by grocery clerks, who appear to have more compassion and common sense than the government, the government of NB must be held accountable for the illegal legislation they passed. There are unquestionably people who cannot take the vaccine, so this is discrimination based on a person's medical status.

I legitimately don't think Trudeau is at all to blame in this for this specific case. He on the other hand is to blame as he finished our country financially and created a housing bubble that may burst soon and increased out debt and inflation by a bunch. But in this specific case, I think the provincial governments who enforce these rules are barely acting constitutionally. I don't think you may deny access to a grocery store in New Brunswick when it is known that distances are quite high in between stores and homes and doesn't have public transit. Delivery service in rural area is barely existing.

Strangely, New Brunswick has only 121 deaths from COVID in almost two years, and it has some of the most severe measures for no apparent reason.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

The only thing that irks me is the continual whining about being victims. Just look at the title of this topic. I didn't get vaccinated because I like needles or to make a statement, I just wanted to get back toward a more normal life with a much lower risk of severe illness or death. Full stop. I think that covers over 90% of those who choose to get vaccinated. 

I don't know what else it could be other than fear and to put my shrink hat on for a second (totally unqualified), I might suggest they stop looking for things that reinforce their fears and start looking for ways to overcome them.

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

The only thing that irks me is the continual whining about being victims. Just look at the title of this topic. I didn't get vaccinated because I like needles or to make a statement, I just wanted to get back toward a more normal life with a much lower risk of severe illness or death. Full stop. I think that covers over 90% of those who choose to get vaccinated. 

I don't know what else it could be other than fear and to put my shrink hat on for a second (totally unqualified), I might suggest they stop looking for things that reinforce their fears and start looking for ways to overcome them.

Maybe if both sides did the same thing we would not be headed down crazy street. There is much bigger problems than covid right now.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Aristides said:

if it was just that

you wouldn't be for stripping the unvaccinated of their rights

if you took a live and let live attitude when it comes to vax status

then you could claim that's all it is

but your desire to use government intervention to punish the unvaccinated proves that isn't the case

only one side is looking to punish the other

for not making the same decision they made

and that is a good chunk of the vaccinated crowd,  not the unvaccinated

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 hours ago, Goddess said:

This is what I don't understand either.

The teenagers and young adults dropping like flies from heart attacks?  I think they know.  Because Pfizer has now (quietly) come out with direction to not engage in physical activity for 2 weeks post-jab. And the media trying to make it out like children have been dying of heart attacks for years and we just never noticed before.

And the 34 teens listed as dying within minutes and days in VAERS?  No autopsies.

Pfizer requested that its data not be revealed for over 50 years - 50 years!  A judge overruled that and said they had to release 500 pages per month.

A Toronto Dr. Rochagne Kilian, reviewed the first 500 pages released and was appalled.  She put together a presentation for Toronto Public Health on Dec. 6, 2021 outlining her concerns.  It's a well-referenced letter.  There was also a Margot Boyd who has a post-graduate degree in Public Health at the University of Toronto who added a letter of concern. Margot Boyd states that from Toronto Public Health's own data - after only a week and half of child injections there are already 15 adverse events and a case of myocarditis requiring hospitalization.  This for a child's risk of dying from covid - almost 0%.

Highlight from the 500 pages reluctantly released by Pfizer, I noticed:

For the first 90 days after Pfizer injections, over 42,000 injuries reported, less than half of them are "recovering" or "recovered."  1223 deaths reported in those 90 days.

In the UK, children aged 12-15 are recommended to only get one dose and it has been called "far too early" to start vaccinating children under 11. Iceland has suspended Moderna for all ages.  Sweden, Finland, France and Germany have suspended Moderna for anyone under 30, and Norway, Denmark and Singapore for all under 18.  Japan will not be doing boosters, stating that Ivermectin can be used for a more effective cure and permanent substitute for vaccines. Taiwan does not inject children under 12 and has halted the second dose for 12-17 year olds.

Why are we pushing full-steam ahead in Canada?

I think it's the hysteria the media has built up.  Nothing will convince parents that their children are not in mortal danger of covid.  Nothing.  Nothing will convince the likes of people like Boges and Dialamah and Aristedes that they are not in imminent threat of dying from covid, so any amount of child deaths are acceptable to them.

Awesome post. I don’t even want to shorten it for my reply because it’s all so relevant.

So sad that most of this is not understood by even 33% of our population. 

One of the key points to note in it is what Japan is doing. That’s not a country that takes covid lightly. At the beginning of the pandemic the Japanese people were mad after the government banned travel from Wuhan and only gave out two N95 masks per family - they didn’t think that the government is doing enough. Now they’re ditching the jab in favour of ivermectin? Really?

22 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

if it was just that

you wouldn't be for stripping the unvaccinated of their rights

if you took a live and let live attitude when it comes to vax status

then you could claim that's all it is

but your desire to use government intervention to punish the unvaccinated proves that isn't the case

only one side is looking to punish the other

for not making the same decision they made

and that is a good chunk of the vaccinated crowd,  not the unvaccinated

Bla Bla Bla. You don't care about rights, you just don't want any restrictions on your behaviour. I'm not interested in punishing anyone, you are the author of your own self inflicted misfortunes. You don't want to live an let live, you want to do whatever you want and let the rest of the world take responsibility.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

Bla Bla Bla. You don't care about rights, you just don't want any restrictions on your behaviour. I'm not interested in punishing anyone, you are the author of your own self inflicted misfortunes. You don't want to live an let live, you want to do whatever you want and let the rest of the world take responsibility.

What if we thought we should inflict consequences for your ideas and choices?

2 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

I legitimately don't think Trudeau is at all to blame in this for this specific case. He on the other hand is to blame as he finished our country financially and created a housing bubble that may burst soon and increased out debt and inflation by a bunch. But in this specific case, I think the provincial governments who enforce these rules are barely acting constitutionally. I don't think you may deny access to a grocery store in New Brunswick when it is known that distances are quite high in between stores and homes and doesn't have public transit. Delivery service in rural area is barely existing.

Strangely, New Brunswick has only 121 deaths from COVID in almost two years, and it has some of the most severe measures for no apparent reason.

Mr. Trudeau has made comments on several occasions intended to vilify or demonize the unvaccinated.

"The folks out there shouting — the anti-vaxxers — they're wrong." Trudeau said during his election campaign stop in Sudbury. "They are putting at risk their own kids, and they're putting at risk our kids as well."

His speech emphasizes ideas like "anger", "consequences".

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Aristides said:

It is about rights, 100%.

If the vaccine really worked and it was really safe and covid was really deadly then everyone would be taking it. People would be in line fighting to get it first.

As it is the government has to push and prod and compel and manipulate and lie and exaggerate and force and mandate their way to compliance. 

Get a load of this: experts in the healthcare field who worked through covid and saw patients battle C19 for an entire year before the vaccines came in still refuse to get vaccinated. They're willing to lose their jobs over it, and they're not entitled to EI or CERB when they do. Just in case you're wondering, that's the strongest possible indicator of what educated individuals think of the jab. Of the ones that stayed and took the jab, a lot of them did it because being out of work was not an option for them. 

Riddle me this Aristedes: why is it that we see the story of a 59 yr old guy who died in England but we don't get to hear the story of a Dr or an ER nurse from our own community who was willing to give up their livelihood to escape the jab? Why are the children who died or got incredibly serious heart damage from the vax not a story? Why is it a deep, dark secret? 

Do you remember your grade 1 class Aristedes?

If the devil came to your class and gave you the following ultimatum, what would you choose?

1) Everyone lives to 83, but everyone dies before they turn 84 or

2) Everyone lives to 100, except for 1 kid. That kid will die in grade 1. 

Just pretend that there are 25 kids in that scenario, it means that one kid will lose 77 years of his life but it will give 24 adults another 17 years each. That's an extra 408 years for those 24 people. Would you vote someone off the island, or all live to 83?

Personally, I'd never choose #2. It's an easy choice for me, and my mom is 80 and I lover her a lot. 

The death of any kid is an absolute tragedy. No extra risk for kids should be tolerated. Zero.