Returning to normal

myata

20 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Get one yourself.

It was a new virus, do you think it would have been better to lock down for six months right off the bat or start with less and see how it went?

I must have missed something, because it sounds like you're speaking in favour of Trump's travel ban from China. 

23 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Get one yourself.

It was a new virus, do you think it would have been better to lock down for six months right off the bat or start with less and see how it went?

Poor little fella. I don’t need one, I know what all the big words mean.

But I sympathize that all this can be confusing for some. So many facts to consider at once. 

The mind boggles.

41 minutes ago, myata said:

Clueless is as clueless does, as the saying goes. Working intelligently and having challenges with a new and complex problem is normal. Doing dumbly, never achieving results and failing to admit responsibility for being clueless and dumb, that is a hallmark a golden standard for more dumb failures.

OK genius, what's your solution other than doing nothing and letting millions more die?

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

OK genius, what's your solution other than doing nothing and letting millions more die?

Let the vulnerable people in society protect themselves with the vaccine, and mitigate their own risk by taking whatever preventative measures that they deem necessary, while the rest of society takes reasonable precautions to limit the spread of the virus.

Sounds too easy right?

But no, let's force everyone to take a dangerous vaccine that doesn't work and force-vaccinate 5-35 yr olds for no apparent reason. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Let the vulnerable people in society protect themselves with the vaccine, and mitigate their own risk by taking whatever preventative measures that they deem necessary, while the rest of society takes reasonable precautions to limit the spread of the virus.

Sounds too easy right?

But no, let's force everyone to take a dangerous vaccine that doesn't work and force-vaccinate 5-35 yr olds for no apparent reason. 

Sounds simple. Care to be specific? Care to explain how that is different from what we are already doing?

BC numbers show the unvaccinated represent almost 20 times more hospitalizations per capita than the vaccinated. So much for vaccines that don't work.

Edited by Aristides

Interesting short documentary on CTV's W5 program via this link.  If you can bear with a minute or so of commercials that come on first, you will see the report that the next pandemic will be coming and why.  One reason is livestock like pigs are mass produced in very concentrated pens or quarters that make the spread of deadly viruses possible.

CTV News | News Video - Top National News Headlines - News Videos

Edited by blackbird

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

We have been at that several times already. Yes intelligent approaches exist in this case, difficult as it is no need to underestimate it. And certainly they can be discussed in an intelligent and effective forum to outline then verify working solutions that would allow the society to coexist with Covid without daily harassment with restrictions and policies. And most certainly with a reasonable compensation for time and effort invested and I'm not even talking about $20,000 monthly and more as some of us (not our frontline heroes though too bad for them together) have been raking from this tragedy.

And in the meanwhile, as outbreaks in highly vaccinated environments such as sports teams, hospitals schools clearly show, all eggs in the vaccination basket will be another expensive failure. Not only infections are possible but also they can be far from isolated (despite the premature label) and possibly to highly likely common in the vaccinated environments; and we don't have any ways of knowing that preemptively because all money went to the bandwagon rather than intelligent monitoring of the situation. Oh yes, and over-generous compensations of vaccine gurus.

Even scarier as recent studies show, transmission suppression can last only a short time so all that forced and coerced vaccination was for nothing really. After a month or so a fully vaccinated nurse can pass the infection to a vulnerable resident and that's already a real potential risk from the confusion and misconceptions about effectiveness of q-vaccination spread by the bandwagon. And once again, not unless and until it shows in some real impossible to ignore tragedy, Heaven forbid, would anyone care to think, check or even scratch their a..ses? Not to worry, oops, now let's march in the opposite direction.

Edited by myata

59 minutes ago, myata said:

We have been at that several times already. Yes intelligent approaches exist in this case, difficult as it is no need to underestimate it. And certainly they can be discussed in an intelligent and effective forum to outline then verify working solutions that would allow the society to coexist with Covid without daily harassment with restrictions and policies. And most certainly with a reasonable compensation for time and effort invested and I'm not even talking about $20,000 monthly and more as some of us (not our frontline heroes though too bad for them together) have been raking from this tragedy.

And in the meanwhile, as outbreaks in highly vaccinated environments such as sports teams, hospitals schools clearly show, all eggs in the vaccination basket will be another expensive failure. Not only infections are possible but also they can be far from isolated (despite the premature label) and possibly to highly likely common in the vaccinated environments; and we don't have any ways of knowing that preemptively because all money went to the bandwagon rather than intelligent monitoring of the situation. Oh yes, and over-generous compensations of vaccine gurus.

Even scarier as recent studies show, transmission suppression can last only a short time so all that forced and coerced vaccination was for nothing really. After a month or so a fully vaccinated nurse can pass the infection to a vulnerable resident and that's already a real potential risk from the confusion and misconceptions about effectiveness of q-vaccination spread by the bandwagon. And once again, not unless and until it shows in some real impossible to ignore tragedy, Heaven forbid, would anyone care to think, check or even scratch their a..ses? Not to worry, oops, now let's march in the opposite direction.

So nothing then. Just another rant about other people.

So nothing then. Just another rant about other people.

No it's not nothing. If one is clueless enough to lay out outrageous $$$ for bs that never worked because it cannot work why should they be getting something of real value for free? There isn't any such deal as far as I know. It's a free world.

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

Sounds simple. Care to be specific? Care to explain how that is different from what we are already doing?

We're forcing everyone to take the vaccine, whether they need it or not.

BC numbers show the unvaccinated represent almost 20 times more hospitalizations per capita than the vaccinated. So much for vaccines that don't work.

1) The covid jabs aren't 'vaccines' by the popular understanding of the term. They only offer partial, short-term protection. 

2) In almost every month since the beginning of the pandemic, there have been more opioid deaths than covid deaths. On average, opioid victims had about 40 more years of life expectancy than covid victims.

4 hours ago, Aristides said:

Get one yourself.

Some are saying yes it would haven been better to lock down for 6 months, , air and road and sea, nobody in and nobody out. Justin gave all travelers a month warning but a lot of them just say fuck it and went on holidays. It might of worked if our governmental medical persons had their shit together early, like masks, PPE, medical equipment and vaccine capabilities....all of that advice came from our medical advisors thats why we did not have PPE, masks, or any means to produce vaccines here in Canada. 

Drew Harris of the CDC brought the idea of "flattening the curve" into the public eye with this first graph:

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fscpr-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2Flegacy%2Fi%2Fec32c7efc8c49bac01d79cb9547d4d6e%2F5e7123bcb555c5000abe3f2e-eight.jpg

Yes. The idea was you keep the hospitals from getting overcrowded to protect against an early surge.

However let's not pretend that we didn't all get the idea that once that was done it was clear sailing from then out. I remember hearing it would take 2 weeks.

The graph above was not the only one from that time period but they pretty much all gave us the same hope.

12 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

all of that advice came from our medical advisors thats why we did not have PPE, masks, or any means to produce vaccines here in Canada.

And please don't mention almost exactly two decades, 2002 - 2020, from SARS to prepare. And in return for that we've got a bagful of thoughtful policies like mask in the washroom, heartfelt appeals, aiiii crumbling system and oiiiii airlifting tears on tv and hands in the air. Yes and $400K management salaries. Sounds like a good deal, no?

47 minutes ago, myata said:

No it's not nothing. If one is clueless enough to lay out outrageous $$$ for bs that never worked because it cannot work why should they be getting something of real value for free? There isn't any such deal as far as I know. It's a free world.

Like I said, you have no ideas yourself, you just rant about other people.

And your idea is simply do as Big Pharma says so who are you to judge?

But what you seem to be saying is "What would you do if you were king of the world to try to control the Chi-Comm virus?"

I think there are successful models or at least models that have had some success.

I like the idea of pushing for as much natural immunity as possible myself. It lasts longer, is most likely stronger, doesn't have the adverse reaction problem, and is better protection against variants.

Sweden has had some success with that model.

I would keep the vaccine but make it optional and make monoclonal antibodies accessible. But that only works in wealthy regions like Florida that can afford it.

Other cheaper therapeutics have been used in human populations for years if not decades without serious side effects of the sort VAERS warns us about from the clot shot.

Regions of Africa and India where Ivermectin has always been or is now accessible have had success against the Chi-Comm virus. Medical practices that have been allowed to make HCL accessible claim great success. I'm hearing now about something called fluvoxamine and other therapeutics. I'd check into them and see if they're safe or at least safer than the 'build back better' jab. If they were I'd make sure nobody was pressuring to keep them from the public as an option.

Edited by Infidel Dog

13 hours ago, Aristides said:

Like I said, you have no ideas yourself, you just rant about other people.

Nope, you aren't getting anything of real meaning and value for peanuts or free. Instead please enjoy your mask in the washroom and in the park (recommended) for $30K monthly plus benefits and for "as long as necessary". Such a great deal why would you want to miss on it?

1 hour ago, myata said:

Nope, you aren't getting anything of real meaning and value for peanuts or free. Instead please enjoy your mask in the washroom and in the park (recommended) for $30K monthly plus benefits and for "as long as necessary". Such a great deal why would you want to miss on it?

Nada

Vermont also has the lowest per capita death rate in the US. Florida is 4.5 times higher, Texas is over 4 times higher.

For what time period? This is a thread about returning to normal from the Chinese Communist virus. I believe you believe what they're calling "the vaccine" will do that.

So the time period of the vaccine should be what we're talking about.

In late August during the vaccine push from April, Florida was peaking with Covid deaths. On August 14 there were  410 deaths. 4 days ago there were only 4 deaths. The plummet in Covid deaths began when Governor DeSantis started making the therapeutic Monoclonal antibodies accessible to any Floridian who came to the M A centers he opened up for treatment. It had nothing to do with what you're calling vaccines.

Fox tells us this:

Florida COVID cases, death rate among lowest in the country

The story out of Vermont lately is this one:

Vermont, Most Vaccinated US State, Reports Record 527 COVID-19 Cases

Biden is flooding Texas with Covid infected border jumpers so they get a pass on any stats.

I'm not sure why you would think the general population of any of those states would matter there.

Diversion maybe...

On 11/12/2021 at 11:50 PM, Goddess said:

It's funny, because I keep saying that about this whole pandemic.

If it weren't for Global news screeching out case numbers every 15 minutes, would you even know there was a pandemic?

It's not just the news. It's public officers of health and government officials. Hospital officials claiming their resources are strained. 

Oh, but they're all in on it too right? 

On 11/12/2021 at 10:36 PM, Army Guy said:

So your saying dyeing from the vaccination the odds are slim, "but" there is a chance you may die , don't worry you'll be safe...unless it is one of your kids or wife then it would matter, why is vaccination hesitation so bad to you and the others, your vaccinated what do you have to worry about...

People on this site like to point out that 7,000 people in the US die each day. What's the statistical chances that some of those people, earlier in the year, got the vaccine. Especially considering older people got the vaccine first. 

If we are using stats to bolster your point , How many children under the age of 18 have died of covid, without any previous know medical conditions? and while there has been x millions of cases and the number of kids actually dying are extremely low, why are we getting ready to give our kids shots ? just a question.

Not many. But they still contribute to spread. I read last week that almost a third of the cases in Ontario one day were under 19. 

Anti-vaxxers like to perpetuate the lie that vaccinated people are as contagious as unvaxxed. That's simply not true. If you do get a break-through infection, you're infected for much less time. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/keythingstoknow.html

People can sometimes get COVID-19 after being fully vaccinated. However, this only happens in a small proportion of people, even with the Delta variant. When these infections occur among vaccinated people, they tend to be mild.