America under President Trump

1 minute ago, Icebound said:

By what definition?  

Most urban ridings (1 rep)  have 120k population or less.   Except for a very few isolated ones, most rural ridings have 75k or more.  Which, I admit, does skew representation unfairly toward the so-called conservation West.    But  120 vs 75 does not seem like an unreasonable apportionment....  Are you suggesting that there should be fewer ridings in the rural areas? 

Getting off topic and I do not propose any changes for Canada (that is Canada's decision), but only wanted to point out to Trump's critics north of the border that President Trump has a bigger voter mandate than PM Trudeau if that is the game we are playing.

1 minute ago, betsy said:

If a person says he believes in God - and he invokes God - who am I to judge no, he doesn't?

No, not at all. It just never occurred to me that such might be the case. 

Too bad for Trump, and I'm sure he regrets this, is that he couldn't keep his tongue in check when asked before the election whether he was going to honour the outcome of the vote. He didn't unequivocally say that he would honour the result, which gave an impression that if he lost he would claim the election was rigged.

Just imagine if he had put his words in a better order then what kind of a delicious opportunity he would have to ridicule the sore losers protesting against him right now. The very same people who demanded him to accept the election-result because it was certain that he was going to lose.

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Getting off topic and I do not propose any changes for Canada (that is Canada's decision), but only wanted to point out to Trump's critics north of the border that President Trump has a bigger voter mandate than PM Trudeau if that is the game we are playing.

When the popular vote is divided by 5 instead of 2, you will likely come out with different applicable percentages. It's just math. Second day in, Trump's already delivered 2 embarrassing speeches. He's off to a...predictable start. 

2 hours ago, Argus said:

Everything the man does is inappropriate and classless. His destiny, if he hadn't had a rich father, was as a used car salesman in a loud checked sports coat loudly lying about the quality of the cars he was overpricing.

He has certainly pissed off a lot of women across the country and around the world if you followed today's protest marches. Something like 300 in the US alone. 

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

When the popular vote is divided by 5 instead of 2, you will likely come out with different applicable percentages. It's just math. Second day in, Trump's already delivered 2 embarrassing speeches. He's off to a...predictable start. 

Canada's half-ass political parties are no more valid than minor parties in the U.S. and the candidates who also received many votes.   Can't have it both ways.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canada's half-ass political parties are no more valid than minor parties in the U.S. and the candidates who also received many votes.   Can't have it both ways.

How about that candidate of yours who won 3 million more votes than your boy but yet doesn't get elected? I guess you huys can have it both ways. I'll take our system anytime. No EC BS to thwart the will of the people up here.

How about that candidate of yours who won 3 million more votes than your boy but yet doesn't get elected? I guess you huys can have it both ways. I'll take our system anytime. No EC BS to thwart the will of the people up here.

That's fine....I am not proposing any changes for Canada's political system yet you are here protesting the legal constitutional outcome of a U.S. election.

Why does it matter so much to you, in a foreign country ?   

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

That's fine....I am not proposing any changes for Canada's political system yet you are here protesting the legal constitutional outcome of a U.S. election.

Why does it matter so much to you, in a foreign country ?   

It should actually matter more to you. Like I said, we cast out ballots and our leader gets picked. You seem to have a lot very upset women down there who are questioning the system and how it got them such a nerd as POTUS.

9 minutes ago, Omni said:

Same thing has happened in numerous Canadian elections, where the person elected did not win the popular vote.

Link

Edited by OftenWrong
added link for my little friend who don't get it...

Just now, Omni said:

It should actually matter more to you. Like I said, we cast out ballots and our leader gets picked. You seem to have a lot very upset women down there who are questioning the system and how it got them such a nerd as POTUS.

That's part of our American process and constitutional rights.    I congratulate today's marchers for a large, peaceful protest.   The U.S. civil rights movement did this many decades ago.   It is very, very American.

Again, I do not care how/what you do in Canada, but apparently what happens in my country matters a whole lot to you.  Why ?

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

That's part of our American process and constitutional rights.    I congratulate today's marchers for a large, peaceful protest.   The U.S. civil rights movement did this many decades ago.   It is very, very American.

Again, I do not care how/what you do in Canada, but apparently what happens in my country matters a whole lot to you.  Why ?

That's a very odd question coming from someone who weighs in consistently on everything Canadian.

1 minute ago, Omni said:

They have to win the majority of the popular vote.

Check the link I provided. https://www.quora.com/Has-a-Canadian-political-party-ever-won-the-popular-vote-yet-failed-to-win-the-election

Better hurry because its off-topic, and Chuckles is on a mission to delete stuff.

That's a very odd question coming from someone who weighs in consistently on everything Canadian.

...only because it always involves the U.S.   America/Americans weigh heavily on so many topics in this "Canadian forum".

So I ask again....why is the U.S. eclection process and outcome so important to you in Canada ?

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

...only because it always involves the U.S.   America/Americans weigh heavily on so many topics in this "Canadian forum".

So I ask again....why is the U.S. eclection process and outcome so important to you in Canada ?

The process is antiquated and unfair, but mostly because this time it produced such a sad outcome. Are you really comfortable with a guy like Trump having access to "the codes"? 

3 minutes ago, Omni said:

The process is antiquated and unfair, but mostly because this time it produced such a sad outcome. Are you really comfortable with a guy like Trump having access to "the codes"? 

OK, but why does it matter to you in Canada.  Hell, I had access to "the codes".....it's not that big a deal.

Why not Putin's election, or elections in other nuclear weapons powers ?

Edited by bush_cheney2004