America under President Trump

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

OK, but why does it matter to you in Canada.  Hell, I had access to "the codes".....it's not that big a deal.

Why not Putin's election, or elections in other nuclear weapons powers ?

Of course you did.  Now I'd like to address your attention to the actual comparison of crowds supporting Obama and Trump on the mall. 

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/1/20/14332462/photos-crowd-trump-inauguration-vs-obama

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

Of course you did.  Now I'd like to address your attention to the actual comparison of crowds supporting Obama and Trump on the mall. 

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/1/20/14332462/photos-crowd-trump-inauguration-vs-obama

If those same people had voted for Clinton in more states, she would be president today.  But they didn't or wouldn't.  

Donald Trump is President of the United States, and he and another member of his cabinet have access to "the codes" that worry you so much.

The United States has "codes"....Canada doesn't....so that's why you worry so much about ours ?   I liked the encrypted "codes" and going to condition 1SQ for strategic missile launch.   Canada would be so mad, huh ?!  Poor Canada...it has bad TV and no codes.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

If those same people had voted for Clinton in more states, she would be president today.  But they didn't or wouldn't.  

Donald Trump is President of the United States, and he and another member of his cabinet have access to "the codes" that worry you so much.

The United States has "codes"....Canada doesn't....so that's why you worry so much about ours ?   I liked the encrypted "codes" and going to condition 1SQ for strategic missile launch.   Canada would be so mad, huh ?!  Poor Canada...it has bad TV and no codes.

Bad TV, you mean like Fox?

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Proves my point exactly....Canadians even watch Fox networks instead of CanCon dreck.

No worries, Trump's America will still produce the media that Canadians demand and have demanded for decades.

But they don't trust faux news. It's kind of what we like to poke fun at and wonder how many Americans are buying the fake news. 

1 minute ago, Omni said:

But they don't trust faux news. It's kind of what we like to poke fun at and wonder how many Americans are buying the fake news. 

But you still watch...and always will.  No other nation consumes so much of Trump's America in that fashion. 

Edited by bush_cheney2004

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

But you still watch...and always will.  No other nation consumes so much of Trump's America in that fashion. 

I certainly don't watch, but I did watch a more reputable source from south of the border today. After I watched the speech. My my!.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/21/politics/trump-to-cia-i-am-so-behind-you/

"Former CIA Director Brennan is deeply saddened and angered at Donald Trump's despicable display of self-aggrandizement in front of CIA's Memorial Wall of Agency heroes," Nick Shapiro said in a statement. "Brennan says that Trump should be ashamed of himself."

5 minutes ago, Omni said:

I certainly don't watch, but I did watch a more reputable source from south of the border today. After I watched the speech. My my!.

It's not just about you, or even dependence on U.S. contracts for employment.    Trump's America is the same America as two days ago, and Canada will depend on and consume Trump's America just as it always has.    Some Canadians can feel better by boycotting ketchup and Kellogg's Corn Flakes.

That will teach those damn 'Muricans !

11 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

It's not just about you, or even dependence on U.S. contracts for employment.    Trump's America is the same America as two days ago, and Canada will depend on and consume Trump's America just as it always has.    Some Canadians can feel better by boycotting ketchup and Kellogg's Corn Flakes.

That will teach those damn 'Muricans !

Funny how it seems your concerns are so narrowly focused on American TV content and how many Canadians do or don't watch it. Meanwhile Trump continues embarrass the whole country and that seems to go unnoticed. Ever heard of this guy Nero, who fiddled while his city burned?

Just now, Omni said:

Funny how it seems your concerns are so narrowly focused on American TV content and how many Canadians do or don't watch it. Meanwhile Trump continues embarrass the whole country and that seems to go unnoticed. Ever heard of this guy Nero, who fiddled while his city burned?

Yes...like another empire that Canada will never brag about again.   Canada is stuck with the American empire now.

American media is just one obvious example of just how much Canada is dominated by Trump's America.

Yes...like another empire that Canada will never brag about again.   Canada is stuck with the American empire now.

American media is just one obvious example of just how much Canada is dominated by Trump's America.

No, you're stuck with the Trump Empire. Speaking of empires, yours has started to fall some time ago, and with your new Pres. it seems it will now be a race to the bottom. 

Just now, Omni said:

No, you're stuck with the Trump Empire. Speaking of empires, yours has started to fall some time ago, and with your new Pres. it seems it will now be a race to the bottom. 

Trump #IsMyPresident...not yours.   Your prime minister is a lesser god who has very little impact on the world stage.  

In contrast, President Trump has the entire world's attention.    Canadian illegals should leave right away.

Trump #IsMyPresident...not yours.   Your prime minister is a lesser god who has very little impact on the world stage.  

In contrast, President Trump has the entire world's attention.    Canadian illegals should leave right away.

Hey if that's the kind of attention you like, fill yer boots. I have respect for my country.

6 minutes ago, Omni said:

Hey if that's the kind of attention you like, fill yer boots. I have respect for my country.

It's also the kind of attention some Canadians keep giving, "because it matters so much".

Trump's America can do a lot more than Trudeau's Canada.

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

It's is also the kind of attention some Canadians keep giving, "because it matters so much".

Trump's America can do a lot more than Trudeau's Canada.

Well so far what he's done is get a s***tload of people protesting in the streets. On day ONE! What's next?

10 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

His short fingers suggest otherwise.

:rolleyes:

I've been pointing out evidence of his stamina, and all you can say is what his fingers suggest?

Your comment says.........you can't see what's clearly in front of you. :D    How can I take you seriously?

Edited by betsy

15 hours ago, Topaz said:

Well CNN just proved my point... the Press Secretary just gave it to the Press Gore in the Briefing Room about lies and half truths they sent out about things that happen yesterday.

What I saw was the press secretary openly lying to the media, because he was told to lie to the media by America's liar in chief, who is such a small minded narcissist with an outsized ego, that he couldn't stand the media saying fewer people attended his inauguration than Barrack Obamas. It is very clear that far more people were at Obamas inauguration, and what Sean Spicer did was simply blatantly lie about it. His numbers were wrong. His numbers for how many people used the subway to get there were lies and he made a fool of himself in front of the people whose respect he needs to do his job. But then having any sense of self-respect or any sense of shame would preclude a job working for a compulsive liar like Trump.

"This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period," Spicer said, contradicting all available data.
Aerial photos have indicated that former president Barack Obama's first inauguration attracted a much larger crowd. Nielsen ratings show that Obama also had a bigger television audience.
Spicer said, without any evidence, that some photos were "intentionally framed" to downplay Trump's crowd.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/21/media/sean-spicer-press-secretary-statement/

Edited by Argus

1 hour ago, Argus said:

What I saw was the press secretary openly lying to the media, because he was told to lie to the media by America's liar in chief, who is such a small minded narcissist with an outsized ego, that he couldn't stand the media saying fewer people attended his inauguration than Barrack Obamas. It is very clear that far more people were at Obamas inauguration

All this proves is that leftists turn out in larger numbers, when their crowds amass due to the social herd instinct. Right wingers do not have the same need for constant emotional reassurance.

9 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

All this proves is that leftists turn out in larger numbers, when their crowds amass due to the social herd instinct. Right wingers do not have the same need for constant emotional reassurance.

Yes, but this is the President of the United States, who doesn't have the character or the smarts to acknowledge the bleedin' obvious.  He apparently does not realize how foolish taking such a position makes him look.

Such a person really shouldn't be in charge of a hamburger stand.