America under President Trump

8 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trump's America matters more to the world than Trudeau's Canada....always has....always will.   President Trump will continue a long tradition of American domestic and foreign policies driven by the Executive branch of the U.S. government.   The power is granted by the governed for American interests.  

The inauguration party has already started in D.C. and elsewhere.   The protesters are getting ready too...even the wannabes from Canada. 

It's going to be a great show.

It almost seems that Canada matters more to you than your own country. But anyway I'm sorry if we are having a laugh at your expense, but it's darn hard to ignore the gobbledygook that comes out of Trumps mouth day to day. It'll be a"great show" I guess if you like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. 

Just now, Omni said:

It almost seems that Canada matters more to you than your own country. But anyway I'm sorry if we are having a laugh at your expense, but it's darn hard to ignore the gobbledygook that comes out of Trumps mouth day to day. It'll be a"great show" I guess if you like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. 

The MTC puts on a great show....the Washington D.C. Temple is a thing of beauty.    Trump's America will continue to provide the entertainment and excitement that is so lacking in Trudeau's Canada.   Trump's America will garner far more economic and political interest than Trudeau's Canada...even in Canada.

I hope he goes after NAFTA right away, so we can get a head start on the cross border whining.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The MTC puts on a great show....the Washington D.C. Temple is a thing of beauty.    Trump's America will continue to provide the entertainment and excitement that is so lacking in Trudeau's Canada.   Trump's America will garner far more economic and political interest than Trudeau's Canada...even in Canada.

I hope he goes after NAFTA right away, so we can get a head start on the cross border whining.

I believe you have already demonstrated you already have that head start.

18 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Even if he does go after nafta, we still have the FTA agreement which was never terminated, just suspended when nafta came into effect.   FTA is a legacy agreement from the Reagan administration. Trump won't touch that one. 

https://sec.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/trump-canada-and-the-future-of-nafta/article33664146/?service=amp

5 minutes ago, WestCoastRunner said:

Even if he does go after nafta, we still have the FTA agreement which was never terminated, just suspended when nafta came into effect.   FTA is a legacy agreement from the Reagan administration. Trump won't touch that one.

I don't care what he does, as long as he shakes up the status quo.   NAFTA was a major pain-in-the-ass when implemented over 20 years ago, so now we can do it all over again in the opposite direction.    Canada can still trade with Mexico as it pleases.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I don't care what he does, as long as he shakes up the status quo.   NAFTA was a major pain-in-the-ass when implemented over 20 years ago, so now we can do it all over again in the opposite direction.    Canada can still trade with Mexico as it pleases.

I don't care that you don't care what he does. 

hope Trump has as many lives as a cat because with all the people  and groups want him gone and HE knows it , he will need  9 lives. Trump may be the best President the US has had , if he's given a chance ,I guess the elites are afraid of losing under him. I've heard of things that the main stream media hasn't come out with and maybe certain groups/people should be afraid but it will make America great again.

19 minutes ago, Topaz said:

I guess the elites are afraid of losing under him.

Have you not been paying any attention to who he picked to run all the government departments? It's almost all billionaires. The bankers and oilmen are back in charge.  "the elites" haven't been this happy since before the 2007 crash.

-k

Today is President Trump's inauguration day....Americans will celebrate the peaceful transition of power to a new president and vice-president.   There will be plenty of time for all the Trump haters in Canada and the U.S. to do their thing afterwards.

Sit back and enjoy the show folks...this is how the U.S. rolls.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

19 hours ago, betsy said:

It's not the pension!  Have you checked their sick leave?  It's obscene how much they get for sick leave when the average citizen couldn't even get any!  This is all on the taxpayers' dime.

Maybe the answer is to make sure the average citizen gets sick leave rather than taking it away from those who already have it. You ever think of that? Because that wouldn't work? It works in EVERY SINGLE EUROPEAN country. And in most of those countries the sick leave provisions are much more generous than what public servants get in either Canada or the United States.

Edited by Argus

Any attempt at health care-reform in the USA seems to be a poison chalice any wise politician knows as to be avoided. No matter how unsatisfactory the current situation may be but any proposed change would be against the interests of too many people.

36 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

Any attempt at health care-reform in the USA seems to be a poison chalice any wise politician knows as to be avoided. No matter how unsatisfactory the current situation may be but any proposed change would be against the interests of too many people.

Yet the republicans have spent a significant part of Obama's presidency trying to repeal Obamacare, and Trump promised to replace it with something completely wonderful that is cheaper and covers everyone (but he can't bother telling us what exactly that is, suggesting he was just talking out of his ass).

The Republicans have really painted themselves into a corner on this one.

Well. it didn't take long the police  are throwing  smoke bombs at protesters and I doubt Trump and gang will be having their walk to the White House, there about 1000 people MSNBC is reporting. Also Alex Jones was attacks  because his support  of Trump and his view on Russia and the attacker screamed at Jones YOU NAZI! U support Russia and Jones yelled back U stupid F*******, Russia fought against the Nazis!!!

28 minutes ago, Topaz said:

Grapevine, just told me that the Press core, the guys setting in the front, are now in the back and that he's allowing, Drudge and Alex Jones in and some other newbies in.

Yes, because if anyone deserves access to the White House Press corps, its someone who believes that the government is putting chemicals in the water to turn people gay

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Alex_Jones#List_of_conspiracist_views_held_by_one_Mr._Jones

3 minutes ago, Topaz said:

Well. it didn't take long the police  are throwing  smoke bombs at protesters and I doubt Trump and gang will be having their walk to the White House, there about 1000 people MSNBC is reporting. Also Alex Jones was attacks  because his support  of Trump and his view on Russia and the attacker screamed at Jones YOU NAZI! U support Russia and Jones yelled back U stupid F*******, Russia fought against the Nazis!!!

Which only shows how stupid Jones is, because while Russia did end up fighting the Nazis, for the first part of the war they were actually allies.

Which only goes to show how much people can stretch their morals in an attempt to gain power or fame. Jones is continually complaining about global conspiracies, yet he has supported Trump, a man who seems to be quite willing to give the 'elite' (like those from Goldman Sachs and Exxon) more political power. If Jones really were some sort of true beacon of freedom, he should have been opposing trump.