America under President Trump

25 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Not correct.  I do check it out, and go to the website often.
2. This is a recent event - yesterday I think - and I noticed it before I saw it covered.
3. FOX is mainstream media.  

You should seek out opinions of all experts.  Not just the ones that favour your beliefs.  That’s what Fox does.  That’s a good thing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

This ... I did NOT know.  You are a know it all, but you knew that :D I'm a know-a-bunch-but-not enough...

The relevant point here was the assertion that Fox News is #1 for U.S. MSM, when clearly that is not the case.   Americans have a very diverse domestic news media landscape to choose from (more than most other nations), and although this was probably not your intent, others like to paint American media audiences to match their own preconceived notions.   Studies have actually demonstrated that the bulk of U.S. news media leans in the opposite direction of Fox News.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shady said:

You should seek out opinions of all experts.  Not just the ones that favour your beliefs.  That’s what Fox does.  That’s a good thing.

This was the same doctor that Youtube took down and banned his video. Youtube CEO said that it pretty much violated some Youtube policy. Basically, it is a censorship policy of Youtube that says that they will not allow anyone to have a different point of view to that of the deep state elite big pharma globalists Gates policy. Gates to hell and fraud Fauci must be the only ones to be believed and heard. All others, like the doctor above, are considered nothing more than a bunch of medical quacks and who are out to try and sell their snake oil. The real quacks and snake oil sales people are the likes of Gates and Fauci.  Those two fascists needs to be ignored and censored themselves. They can only offer we the people doom and gloom. It's doctors like the one in the video are the only ones who can offer us hope. ;)

Edited by taxme
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, taxme said:

This was the same doctor that Youtube took down and banned his video. Youtube CEO said that it pretty much violated some Youtube policy. Basically, it is a censorship policy of Youtube that says that they will not allow anyone to have a different point of view to that of the deep state elite big pharma globalists Gates policy. Gates to hell and fraud Fauci must be the only ones to be believed and heard. All others, like the doctor above, are considered nothing more than a bunch of medical quacks and who are out to try and sell their snake oil. The real quacks and snake oil sales people are the likes of Gates and Fauci.  Those two fascists needs to be ignored and censored themselves. They can only offer we the people doom and gloom. It's doctors like the one in the video are the only ones who can offer us hope. ;)

Exactly.  Only experts with certain opinions are allowed.  Experts with differing opinions get banned.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Boges said:

So some low level guy has the authority to start an investigation and it wasn't stopped after it was found out he was partisan. Still sounds like a GOP problem. And that included the AG at the time recusing himself. Did Strzok make him to that too? 

Once again, you keep resorting to your predictable playbook where you 1)refuse to ever discuss Dem's illegalities they pull on Trump as you 2)still hallucinate that Dems only committed any illegalities if Trump did in fact file charges against them lol. It's less time-consuming to just keep exposing the Dem's illegalities as they get defeated each time ---then use it as pre-Election Day ammo, to remind Dem voters of the evil forces which are leading them/hoping to win in November so they can start preying upon their own Dem voters.

Edited by Tdot
  • Like 1

Guest ProudConservative
11 minutes ago, Tdot said:

Thanks for the vid

Do you like watching Peter Schiff? I loved when he went to the occupy wall street protest, and said "I'm the 1%. Can we have a conversation"

Edited by ProudConservative

20 minutes ago, Pacifica77 said:

an aside:   a curiosity  question:  Is  this  forum a PRO Trump  forum   or  are all views   welcome?? I am still pretty new here and testing the waters.  But I am sensing   a negative reaction  to any trump criticism..    That suggests a certain bias.......    and if  all views  are not welcome....... I have to wonder  why. thank you , in advance.

This forum is a PRO Forum Rules forum...

https://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/guidelines/

Just posting links with no attempt to foster discussion is frowned upon.

Thanks. 

By not  answering my  question, you did just that. ;-)

I gather  that  you  are  a mod  on here. 

Like I said....getting the feel of the   land here. 

About   the US under Trump.  It has changed   dramatically.  He  is ruthless and a lot more authoritarian    than any leader  in  recent history (of the US)  If that is the direction  the US   wants to go  as a nation.........the world will just have to adapt. It is fascinating to  observe this vindictive   master manipulator  at work.  He is a case study in psychology.

Edited by Guest

14 hours ago, Tdot said:

Once again, you keep resorting to your predictable playbook where you 1)refuse to ever discuss Dem's illegalities they pull on Trump as you 2)still hallucinate that Dems only committed any illegalities if Trump did in fact file charges against them lol. It's less time-consuming to just keep exposing the Dem's illegalities as they get defeated each time ---then use it as pre-Election Day ammo, to remind Dem voters of the evil forces which are leading them/hoping to win in November so they can start preying upon their own Dem voters.

And again you go to the predictable playbook of only focusing on these alleged illegalities instead of any discussion of Trump. Even if I concede to those illegalities it's irrelevant because the DOJ has done nothing to charge any parties involved. It's a political tactic, not a legal one. 

And I'm not even talking about illegalities, I'm talking about incompetence in dealing with this pandemic. 

The Trump playbook is now to only really talk about a fake Obamagate scandal and not anything of any substance. It's a re-election tactic while unemployment approaches 20% and 100,000 Americans will have died from this virus by July 4th. If they're lucky. 

Edited by Boges

Trump clearly hasn't mastered the concept of object permanence.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/497846-trump-says-testing-may-be-frankly-overrated

"We have more cases than anybody in the world, but why? Because we do more testing,” Trump said. “When you test, you have a case. When you test you find something is wrong with people. If we didn’t do any testing, we would have very few cases. They don’t want to write that. It’s common sense. We test much more."

The virus doesn't go away if you stop testing. Testing allows for an accurate gauge of how the the virus is spreading. It's a good thing, even if it shows unflattering stats. He doesn't really want to embrace broad testing because it inflates the cases. 

Though the cases aren't really the important statistic. That important one is deaths, which the US also has the most. 

Even in New York's opening plan, the key metric is hospitalizations. Because to a large swath of the population will recover without medical intervention, but a functioning healthcare system will keep those who do need intervention from dying. 

22 hours ago, Shady said:

Yep, more Trump Derangement Syndrome, that's why ignore this particular poster, he's certifiably insane.  He also lies constantly.  The Federal government would only get involved if that case is brought to their attention.  It's just more sad derangement.  I feel sorry for these people, that they're so consumed with somebody, literally 24 hours a day.

Cite some lies. And please provide some context to the accusation of "certifiably insane". Otherwise I'll assume that is a violation of forum rules and a weak ad hominem attack. 

Sure if you want to quibble about the importance of said FBI agent you can. But he was removed very early in the probe and it continued and piled up many indictments. If it was only the result of one partisan FBI agent, then why wasn't the whole thing mothballed when his texts were unearthed. 

BTW I don't consume myself with everything Trump. I'm Canadian and I view his behaviour as entertainment/spectacle. On this board I have been pretty much the only member analyzing my own Provinces numbers and response to this crisis. I'm a fiscal conservative, but Trump's behaviour moves well beyond a Conservative/Liberal conversation it's about decency, intelligence and decorum. 

To have a POTUS do a quasi-rally in front of no crowd and say that testing for a deadly virus is overrated is quite frankly hilarious. 

He's clearly not broadened his behaviour to Canada despite the desires of a certain American on this Board. To the contrary, he usually speaks glowingly of Trudeau. Perhaps because his wife and daughter have been captured on camera checking him out. Talk about a Cuck! 

In fact the next squabble between countries will be in June when the US will want to re-open the border despite how the US has dealt with the outbreak. 

Edited by Boges

15 hours ago, Shady said:

Exactly.  Only experts with certain opinions are allowed.  Experts with differing opinions get banned.  

Like Greta Thunberg. She's not just a climatologist she's also a virologist/epidemiologist now. CNN is letting a 9-year-old brainwash their viewers lol. 

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I don't pick experts.  I just listen to them.  Why would I pick an expert?  Seems like a weird habit.

Let us know what Greta Thunberg wants us to do about covid as soon as you see her talk, ok MH? Somehow I just know you'll have the full scoop. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Like Greta Thunberg. She's not just a climatologist she's also a virologist/epidemiologist now. CNN is letting a 9-year-old brainwash their viewers lol. 

Do we ban people who aren't climatologists from presenting an opposing view of climate change? 

If talking heads on Cable news had to be experts of every issue they commented on, then the programming would be quite light. 

Lots of Dunning Kruger on both sides. 

Edited by Boges

3 minutes ago, Boges said:

Do we ban people who aren't climatologists from presenting an opposing view of climate change? 

If talking heads on Cable news had to be experts of every issue they commented on, then the programming would be quite light. 

Lots of Dunning Kruger on both sides. 

You should choose TV networks that value the opinions of experts more than 9 year olds.

On left wing tv everything happens in a vacuum. No dissenting opinions are allowed. CNN/CBC viewers would rather hear from a brainwashed 9 year old than an actual professional with a dissenting opinion.

"BUURRRRNNNN THEM!"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You should choose TV networks that value the opinions of experts more than 9 year olds.

On left wing tv everything happens in a vacuum. No dissenting opinions are allowed. CNN/CBC viewers would rather hear from a brainwashed 9 year old than an actual professional with a dissenting opinion.

"BUURRRRNNNN THEM!"

I'm not fan of Greta Thunberg. I think people prop her up as someone who tries to walk to the walk as best she can, but her insight isn't really helpful. And then when she's criticized, those same people complain that she's just a kid. Can't have it both ways. 

But neither is someone who thinks Coal is a viable energy source going into the future. Or someone who denies that using more efficient fuel sources is beneficial our society as a whole.

Those people certainly aren't experts. They're arguing purely from a financial perspective not an environmental one. 

Edited by Boges

2 hours ago, Boges said:

And again you go to the predictable playbook of only focusing on these alleged illegalities instead of any discussion of Trump. Even if I concede to those illegalities it's irrelevant because the DOJ has done nothing to charge any parties involved. It's a political tactic, not a legal one. 

And I'm not even talking about illegalities, I'm talking about incompetence in dealing with this pandemic. 

The Trump playbook is now to only really talk about a fake Obamagate scandal and not anything of any substance. It's a re-election tactic while unemployment approaches 20% and 100,000 Americans will have died from this virus by July 4th. If they're lucky. 

(Don't reply yet, SpeedyGonzalez, an edit is coming shortly LOL)

Moreover, I apologize here too sir, because your debate tactics & your discussion methods are just too unfair and too flagrantly unreasonable, for me to continue exchanges with you. Although I will keep checking for your posts bc I trust that you're going to post some powerful shit around here, if you ever become fair and actually speak truth to Dem's illegal acts and evils instead of you always blaming Trump for the audacity to retaliate.

Edited by Tdot

21 minutes ago, Shady said:

Just another thing Trump gets blamed for.

New York Sent Recovering Coronavirus Patients to Nursing Homes: ‘It Was a Fatal Error’

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-york-sent-recovering-coronavirus-patients-to-nursing-homes-it-was-a-fatal-error-11589470773

Why do you keep posting articles that are behind paywalls? 

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Just thought this needed repeating.  :)

I'd agree, especially on decency and decorum.  Except isn't not unconstitutional or against the law to be an a-hole.  If the electorate wishes to elect and re-elect an a-hole, they're perfectly in their right to do so.  I'm glad you reposted this, because this is at the heart of Trump Derangement Syndrome.  The way he conducts himself, the way he just doesn't give a shit, they way he doesn't conform to societal norms really pushes people off the edge.  Triggered is an understatement.  If that's the case, seek professional medical help.  Because being an a-hole is perfectly legal.