America under President Trump

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

There's an idiotic propaganda war against HCQ and you're a part of it.

HCQ's side effects are being wildly exaggerated and every study that showed it's effectiveness is being downplayed "there's no evidence yet, just a few small trials!" Then there's one trial that doesn't go well and it's "HCQ WAS ABSOLUTELY UNEQUIVOCALLY PROVEN TO BE 100.0% USELESS! TRUMP IS A SNAKE-OIL SALESMAN!!!! HE PROMISED THAT IT WAS THE CURE!!!! WE HAVE TO STAY LOCKED DOWN UNTIL THERE"S A VACCINE"

Are you ever going to get off the CNN Crapaganda bus Boges or is their opinion on every subject just going to fly out of your mouth without any sort of filtering whatsoever? You're like Charlie Brown just kicking their stoogeball day in, day out, and coming out with egg on your face every time. 

Cite the study that says it's effective beyond the ridiculous 30 person study from France. 

Also tell me how the FDA is part of the CNN Crapaganda.

8 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

You should have looked it up if you didn't believe my suspicion. I know I just did. 

https://uproxx.com/life/coronavirus-travel-bans-quarantine-worldwide/

Now don't you feel silly?

Not in the least. Being subject to a quarantine and actually subjecting someone to it are two completely different things.

It was as plain as the day was long a way back in January that if a full blown dictatorship had to struggle so hard to contain this thing that a western democracy and especially any full of anti-government yahoos wouldn't stand a chance against it. Given the evidence of my own astuteness I kinda feel vindicated actually.

In any case...

Why airport screening won’t stop the spread of coronavirus

Ultimately measures aimed at catching infections in travelers will only delay a local epidemic and not prevent it.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/03/why-airport-screening-wont-stop-spread-coronavirus

22 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

You should have looked it up if you didn't believe my suspicion. I know I just did. 

https://uproxx.com/life/coronavirus-travel-bans-quarantine-worldwide/

Now don't you feel silly?

No, he doesn't feel silly lol.

No disrespect to you, but this isn't new info, and you shouldn't have been the one to have to look it up.

The people who want to chuck crap on a topic should do their own due diligence before they run their mouths about it. There's no excuse for them getting caught propagating a lie when they had 50 days to look into it, and finding the facts only takes 50 seconds.

Truth is that the people here who regularly propagate misinformation don't give a rat's ass if they get caught. They have no shame. They'll ignore the fact that they got busted and just chuck more shit against the wall in the hopes that something sticks.

I had an ex who would get mad one or two days a month and just blabber a pure stream of nonsense. She'd bounce from topic to topic and start little fires faster than you could put them all out. You could never pin her down to one topic, poof she was onto some other fiction. That's what posting here is like. You squash some stupidity from one poster and then you squash some more and then you squash some more and then another poster comes along and starts right back at square one.

I think a lot of these guys are like bots who get paid to misinform on more than one platform. They copy and paste their screed from one place to the next, just like a guy who goes through the bar just saying "wanna f___" to every woman they see until they find the right lucky loser. The goal is to wear down intelligent discourse and turn every forum in North America into an echo chamber for CNN/CBC lies and crapaganda. 

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I think a lot of these guys are like bots who get paid to misinform on more than one platform. They copy and paste their screed from one place to the next, just like a guy who goes through the bar just saying "wanna f___" to every woman they see until they find the right lucky loser. The goal is to wear down intelligent discourse and turn every forum in North America into an echo chamber for CNN/CBC lies and crapaganda. 

Oh the irony of this post. You have a poster calling anyone who says anything bad about Trump a "Dem". 

Edited by Boges

38 minutes ago, Boges said:

Why do you Trump fans keep citing Travel bans as if they did anything. Unless unilateral, Travel bans are essentially useless. 

1) Wrong, Japan and other nations who successfully fought covid banned travel specifically from Hubeii province, not even the rest of China. Was Japan's travel ban useless? 2) Unilateral means "decided by one party" not affecting one party. IE, the US could unilaterally ban travel in and out of the states with one country, or the entire world, and in either case the it is still done unilaterally. It just means that the US made the decision without anyone else's approval or consent. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Boges said:

Cite the study that says it's effective beyond the ridiculous 30 person study from France. 

Also tell me how the FDA is part of the CNN Crapaganda.

The same doctor did a study with over 1,000 patients. You can see the leftists' Dr, Dr Oz talk about it. No need to hear my opinion of it. 

Just now, Boges said:

Cite it. 

Is the FDA Leftist propaganda? 

https://www.google.ca/search?source=hp&ei=pEHEXt6-Ctfh-gTw_ITACA&q=dr+oz+talks+about+HCq&oq=dr+oz+talks+about+HCq&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzoFCAAQgwE6AggAOgYIABAWEB5QmwVYzEFg80RoAHAAeACAAZ0CiAHGC5IBBjIwLjAuMZgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjeoO2U4sDpAhXXsJ4KHXA-AYgQ4dUDCAw&uact=5

Is the FDA a legit operation? I don't actually know, but people have come out and said that they're a 100% farce, in published books, and I don't know if they're in jail or not. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_Cures_"They"_Don't_Want_You_to_Know_About

I tried to read this book, out of curiosity, and basically all he does for entire chapters is talk about how crooked the FDA is and the patent approval process. There's not much about curing in the first few chapters, it's mostly pure vitriol. Whether the cures in the book are legit or not, he says enough to be in jail if he's a liar. 

17 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

https://www.google.ca/search?source=hp&ei=pEHEXt6-Ctfh-gTw_ITACA&q=dr+oz+talks+about+HCq&oq=dr+oz+talks+about+HCq&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzoFCAAQgwE6AggAOgYIABAWEB5QmwVYzEFg80RoAHAAeACAAZ0CiAHGC5IBBjIwLjAuMZgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjeoO2U4sDpAhXXsJ4KHXA-AYgQ4dUDCAw&uact=5

Is the FDA a legit operation? I don't actually know, but people have come out and said that they're a 100% farce, in published books, and I don't know if they're in jail or not. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_Cures_"They"_Don't_Want_You_to_Know_About

I tried to read this book, out of curiosity, and basically all he does for entire chapters is talk about how crooked the FDA is and the patent approval process. There's not much about curing in the first few chapters, it's mostly pure vitriol. Whether the cures in the book are legit or not, he says enough to be in jail if he's a liar. 

So your citations are Dr. Oz and a book written in 2005?  :lol:

As opposed to the Lancet, the CDC, the FDA etc.

This whole Trump era really is a War against expertise. Trump is a the Dunning Kruger mascot. 

The irony of all this is that Trump is now discrediting studies that show the drug's ineffectiveness as partisan. It was a questionable study that got him to jump aboard the bandwagon in the first place. 

It's almost like he's a complete hypocrite. ^_^

Edited by Boges
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Boges said:

So your citations are Dr. Oz and a book written in 2005?  :lol:

As opposed to the Lancet, the CDC, the FDA etc.

This whole Trump era really is a War against expertise. Trump is a the Dunning Kruger mascot. 

The irony of all this is that Trump is now discrediting studies that show the drug's ineffectiveness as partisan. It was a questionable study that got him to jump aboard the bandwagon in the first place. 

It's almost like he's a complete hypocrite. ^_^

Dr Oz can explain this to you better than I can. Go ahead and listen to a Dr or stfu. I don't care either way but I sure as hell don't care about the opinion of a random internet poster who's known to lie - a lot. I'll go into the Kavanaugh thread or the Russian collusion thread and pull ten out for you. 

The VA released their own statement regarding inaccuracies presented by various media outlets re: their covid trials. What you think you know about their covid trials isn't true, and what you hear about covid from the media is 99% lies. FYI the VA gives out over 4,000 doses of HCQ a day. If it was such a health risk would they be doing that?

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Dr Oz can explain this to you better than I can. Go ahead and listen to a Dr or stfu. I don't care either way but I sure as hell don't care about the opinion of a random internet poster who's known to lie - a lot. I'll go into the Kavanaugh thread or the Russian collusion thread and pull ten out for you. 

Dr Oz is a quack. He has already been hauled in front of congress for peddling weight loss supplements that do nothing. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/15/that-time-congress-railed-on-dr-oz-for-his-miracle-diet-pills/

The VA released their own statement regarding inaccuracies presented by various media outlets re: their covid trials. What you think you know about their covid trials isn't true, and what you hear about covid from the media is 99% lies. FYI the VA gives out over 4,000 doses of HCQ a day. If it was such a health risk would they be doing that?

The FDA is not the media. They make it very clear that the drug shouldn't be used outside of a hospital setting and certainly not as a preventative measure. 

The VA is a hospital system. BTW where's the cite? 

Edited by Boges

37 minutes ago, Boges said:

BTW where's the cite? 

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-faked-veterans-study/false-claim-study-on-treatment-of-us-veterans-with-hydroxychloroquine-was-faked-fauci-fabricated-results-idUSKCN2291YU

The research, which has not yet been accepted for publication in a medical journal or peer reviewed, was not the result of a clinical trial.

5 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

From the analysis of that study. 

The analysis found that 28% of 97 patients given hydroxychloroquine along with standard care died, compared with a death rate of 11% for 158 patients who did not receive the drug. The death rate was 22% for the 113 patients given hydroxychloroquine plus the antibiotic azithromycin.

You can question the study. But it's results show that, at best it's useless and at worst very harmful. 

Where is the peer reviewed study that shows it works? 

There are other treatments that have shown much more promise. Why won't POTUS peddle those drugs? 

7 minutes ago, Boges said:

From the analysis of that study. 

You can question the study. But it's results show that, at best it's useless and at worst very harmful. 

Where is the peer reviewed study that shows it works? 

There are other treatments that have shown much more promise. Why won't POTUS peddle those drugs? 

Right, but this is no different from every other study that found that HCQ helped people fight off covid.

It's one study among many, and while all the other ones weren't proof of anything, this one study is cited as "the study to end all studies" by CNN and their muppet mob because it produced a result they dearly love. 

5 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Right, but this is no different from every other study that found that HCQ helped people fight off covid.

It's one study among many, and while all the other ones weren't proof of anything, this one study is cited as "the study to end all studies" by CNN and their muppet mob because it produced a result they dearly love. 

Cite some!!!

Certainly it's track record doesn't warrant all this hype. 

Here are two that show it's benefits are negligent at best. 

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/05/studies-find-further-lack-covid-benefit-hydroxychloroquine

AND! this doesn't speak to Trump advocating for it as preventative treatment like it's an over-the-counter vitamin. 

Edited by Boges

9 minutes ago, Boges said:

Cite some!!!

Certainly it's track record doesn't warrant all this hype. 

Here are two that show it's benefits are negligent at best. 

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/05/studies-find-further-lack-covid-benefit-hydroxychloroquine

AND! this doesn't speak to Trump advocating for it as preventative treatment like it's an over-the-counter vitamin. 

There have been about 1 billion tablets of HCQ given out over approximately 7 decades. It's not a risk at all when administered by a physician. Period. 

Edited by WestCanMan

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

There have been about 1 billion tablets of HCQ given out over approximately 7 decades. It's not a risk at all when administered by a physician. Period. 

1) There are risks. That's why it needs to be given out by a Physician. 

2) It's been used for diseases other than COVID, or even anything resembling COVID. 

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

2) It's been used for diseases other than COVID, or even anything resembling COVID. 

And the risks have been wildly overstated by the MSM, to the point where they're lying. 

The risks are extremely minimal. Eg, blindness occurs if you take it for more than 5 yrs consecutively or if your lifetime dose exceeds 1Kg. The MSM cites blindness as a side effect when it's clearly not.

Any drug is dangerous in large doses. If you eat a polar bear's liver you can die from all the Vit A. Is Vit A deadly? You'll die without it too.

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

And the risks have been wildly overstated by the MSM, to the point where they're lying. 

The risks are extremely minimal. Eg, blindness occurs if you take it for more than 5 yrs consecutively or if your lifetime dose exceeds 1Kg. The MSM cites blindness as a side effect when it's clearly not.

Any drug is dangerous in large doses. If you eat a polar bear's liver you can die from all the Vit A. Is Vit A deadly? You'll die without it too.

From the FDA

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-cautions-against-use-hydroxychloroquine-or-chloroquine-covid-19-outside-hospital-setting-or

The FDA is aware of reports of serious heart rhythm problems in patients with COVID-19 treated with hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, often in combination with azithromycin and other QT prolonging medicines.  We are also aware of increased use of these medicines through outpatient prescriptions.  Therefore, we would like to remind health care professionals and patients of the known risks associated with both hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine. We will continue to investigate risks associated with the use of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine for COVID-19 and communicate publicly when we have more information.

Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine can cause abnormal heart rhythms such as QT interval prolongation and a dangerously rapid heart rate called ventricular tachycardia.  These risks may increase when these medicines are combined with other medicines known to prolong the QT interval, including the antibiotic azithromycin, which is also being used in some COVID-19 patients without FDA approval for this condition.  Patients who also have other health issues such as heart and kidney disease are likely to be at increased risk of these heart problems when receiving these medicines. 

So if the MSM was to simply report this, you'd call it a wild over statement? 

2 hours ago, Boges said:

Cite some!!!

I already did :) then you tucked your tail and ran away. You wouldn't even find courage to address how the Dems punished her for thanking Trump about informing citizens of the HCQ option which saved her life from COVID 19 which devastated her.

Edited by Tdot

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Stop it!

7 decades. Over 1-billion pills.

Just, stop it! lol ... you are letting the MSM make you appear like a mega TROLL in here.

1 hour ago, Boges said:

OOOOOHHHHH THAT'S A BOLD, SCARY HEADLINE IN THE LINK!!!!!!!!

THOSE ARE SOME DIRE WARNINGS THAT YOU QUOTED!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, the co-morbidities for covid that come with old age - high blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol - come with medicines that all have serious side effects. Some can result in death even without combining them with other medications.

Cholesterol - Statins: (lipitor is one of the most widely prescribed drugs in the world)

Statins may cause a potentially life-threatening breakdown in muscle cells, which can overwhelm the kidneys with muscle proteins, causing the kidneys to fail

Kindney failure - ie dialysis and eventually death. 

Blood Pressure: - ACE Inhibitors

ACE inhibitors may trigger an allergic-type reaction called angioedema, a rapid swelling under the skin that can lead to swelling of the throat and tongue and difficulty breathing. "It could show up on the eyelids or around the mouth, or it may occur with hives on the chest," Dr. Gagne says

Diabetes - Metformin

Metformin may cause lactic acidosis, an accumulation of lactic acid in the blood that can lead to hypothermia (low body temperature) and a drop in blood pressure. Symptoms include muscle pain, severe abdominal pain, unusual fatigue, and fast breathing

Here's a really deadly drug, look how scary it is when bolded:

Large daily doses of acetaminophen — more than 3,000 milligrams — can damage the liver and lead to liver failure. Drinking alcohol while taking acetaminophen can also cause liver damage. Long-term and even short-term NSAID use is linked to ulcers, stomach bleeding, kidney problems, high blood pressure, and increased risk for heart attack or stroke.

OMFG! I hope that doctors don't actually prescribe the potentially DEADLY DRUG KNOWN AS ACETAMINOPHEN!!!!!