America under President Trump

1 minute ago, kimmy said:

Infowars! This explains so much. Have you purchased your Mega-Mind Mind-enhancing tablets? Super-Male Manliness-enhancing herb-extract? Chemtrail-resistant InfoWarrior Alex Jones Autographed hat? 

-k

Anti-wrinkle cream for you. All the choice placebos.

I finally found some CBC News election night coverage...they imported some Americans to do it, naturally.

Love the dead pan Peter Mansbridge delivery, and overall even tone from the Canadian reporters.   They seem far more level about this than others who are losing their minds in FEAR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkb3oFIFAXc

America under Trump?

Scott Adams...

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/153172272041/how-to-break-an-illusion

suggests that Trump will forgive the student debt of all black Americans. (God knows how to define "black Americans". Elizabeth Warren?)

I rather "predict" that Trump will name Obama to the Supreme Court. (Obama taught Constitutional Law at U of Chicago and graduated Harvard Law.) Would Obama accept? (Taft did.)

======

Whatever you say, Trump does things differently.

America, what a country!

Edited by kimmy
formatting

Please excuse the formatting of my post above. To repeat:

Scott Adams has suggested that President Trump, as reparations for slavery, will forgive the current student loans of all black students.

I suggested that President Trump will name Barack Obama to the Supreme Court. (It's happened before. Taft.)  

IMHO, Scott Adams' suggestion is messy to calculate. My suggestion achieves the same goal with less mess.

=====

However you view this, Trump (and Obama) are originals.

As a foreigner I sadly have to say in private.... America - what a country!

4 hours ago, August1991 said:

America under Trump?

Scott Adams...

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/153172272041/how-to-break-an-illusion

suggests that Trump will forgive the student debt of all black Americans. (God knows how to define "black Americans". Elizabeth Warren?)

I rather "predict" that Trump will name Obama to the Supreme Court. (Obama taught Constitutional Law at U of Chicago and graduated Harvard Law.) Would Obama accept? (Taft did.)

Thanks, August, that was an interesting read, and I think Adams makes several excellent points.

I doubt your prediction of naming Obama to the Supreme Court will come to pass. It would certainly break the narrative of Trump's critics... and it would do so BIGLY.  However, it would be a move that Trump's supporters would view as the ultimate betrayal, and winning over his critics does him little good if it turns the people who elected him into enemies. However, it is true that there are lots of things Trump could do to change the minds of people who are critical or skeptical.

Adams didn't mention the idea of forgiving the student debt of black Americans. He did speak of Trump's "New Deal" plan for African Americans:

1. Great Education Through School Choice.
2. Safe Communities
3. Equal Justice Under the Law
4. Tax Reforms to Create Jobs and Lift up People and Communities
5. Financial Reforms to Expand Credit to Support New Job Creation
6. Trade That Works for American Workers
7. Protection from Illegal Immigration
8. New Infrastructure Investment
9. Protect the African-American Church
10. America First Foreign Policy

So first off, one notices that forgiving student debt isn't on the list. Secondly one notices that his New Deal plan for African Americans is the same as his New Deal plan for everybody else (except that elsewhere #9 is "Protect the church.")   So there is nothing in here to support the notion that he has a plan to give some massive gift that is just for black people.  This isn't a promise of special treatment for black people, they are simply trying to make the point that Trump's campaign promise will be good for black people.

-k

8 hours ago, kimmy said:

This isn't a promise of special treatment for black people, they are simply trying to make the point that Trump's campaign promise will be good for black people.

-k

Which is tough to square with Trump's appointment of a racist white nationalist to the position of Chief Strategist.  

Greg, For over a decade, MLF/Lethbridge, have been a great, uh, Canadian place  Please find/use better forum.software t

====.

Wait and see, Kimmy. Trump does things differently..

http://qz.com/823649/donald-trump-unfurled-a-rainbow-flag-with-lgbt-written-on-it-at-a-rally-in-greeley-colorado-to-express-his-so-called-support/

Edited by August1991

Greg (Kimmy/Michael Hardner) - you're all good people,

I don't need emojis/emoticons. I just want an easy way to quote you and other posters, have a conversation. And post links.

It's now called "Facebook" - but that's so lame..... an echochamber

====

I prefer the MLW, a place where people disagree - a pub where I can freely call/say our current PM is "Trudeau Jnr " because I believe that is what he is.. - 

Edited by August1991

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trudeau will have to kiss Trump's butt a lot more than Assad.   Won't be going on American television to insult him anymore.

Trudeau will have to kiss Trump's butt a lot more than Assad.   Won't be going on American television to insult him anymore.

Why would anyone in their right mind go on USA tv to make insults when Trump seems to have his club feet squarely nailed to that podium?

1 minute ago, Omni said:

Why would anyone in their right mind go on USA tv to make insults when Trump seems to have his club feet squarely nailed to that podium?

I agree...what kind of idiot and leader of a nation would do that ?   Now the man he insulted is President Elect.   Awkward !

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I agree...what kind of idiot and leader of a nation would do that ?   Now the man he insulted is President Elect.   Awkward !

Probably much less awkward than inevitable. Hang onto your USA hat, there will be an outpouring of same I suspect.He seems to provide fertile ground each time he opens his mouth. But oh well, I see the "wall" has now been downgraded to a fence. Will it be a picket fence do ya think?

1 minute ago, Omni said:

Probably much less awkward than inevitable. .... Will it be a picket fence do ya think?

Agreed....the PM of Canada never has much leverage regardless of who may be U.S. president.   Maybe Trudeau can team up with Nieto, but two lightweight boxers won't fare well against a  heavyweight.

Fences and walls already exist as pointed out by another MLW member. 

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Agreed....the PM of Canada never has much leverage regardless of who may be U.S. president.   Maybe Trudeau can team up with Nieto, but two lightweight boxers won't fare well against a  heavyweight.

Fences and walls already exist as pointed out by another MLW member. 

Did you say "heavyweight" when you meant dead weight I wonder?

5 minutes ago, Omni said:

Did you say "heavyweight" when you meant dead weight I wonder?

Either term works just fine.....even a deadweight Trump (he isn't president yet) has more influence than lightweights Trudeau or Nieto.   Over many decades of U.S. politics, I cannot recall so much scrambling and concern by foreigners before and immediately after a U.S. presidential election.   Trump won't even be inaugurated until January, but they are still running scared.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Either term works just fine.....even a deadweight Trump (he isn't president yet) has more influence than lightweights Trudeau or Nieto.   Over many decades of U.S. politics, I cannot recall so much scrambling and concern by foreigners before and immediately after a U.S. presidential election.   Trump won't even be inaugurated until January, but they are still running scared.

Unfortunately it's Americans who should be, and actually seem to be, running the most scared. And they have good reason. Of course Trump being under Putin's control should be of some weird type of relief 

1 minute ago, Omni said:

Unfortunately it's Americans who should be, and actually seem to be, running the most scared. And they have good reason. Of course Trump being under Putin's control should be of some weird type of relief 

And who controls Putin?