America under President Trump

On 11/20/2016 at 7:12 AM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Baldwin was supposed to move to Canada years ago because of President Bush, but now he is going to stay because of Trump ?

Instead, thousands more Canadians have/will move to the United States, just like they always have.

Oh, is that why the Immigration Canada website keeps crashing due to the influx of American's consulting it?. 

12 minutes ago, Omni said:

Oh, is that why the Immigration Canada website keeps crashing due to the influx of American's consulting it?. 

No, the site is crashing because it is funded/mis-managed by the Canadian Government. 

Canadians going to the "states" don't need a web site...just their cars/trucks and a border crossing.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

No, the site is crashing because it is funded/mis-managed by the Canadian Government. 

Canadians going to the "states" don't need a web site...just their cars/trucks and a border crossing.

Americans moving to Canada do need a website though, and the huge increase in traffic from the US IS what's crashing the site. Don't worry though, the increased tax revenue on property sales will help expand the site capability as required.

3 minutes ago, Omni said:

Americans moving to Canada do need a website though, and the huge increase in traffic from the US IS what's crashing the site. Don't worry though, the increased tax revenue on property sales will help expand the site capability as required.

Canada has been openly soliciting American emigration (e.g. a dying Cape Bretton), but Canadians have streamed across the U.S. border in far greater numbers long before web sites ever existed, and they will continue to do so with a President Trump. 

The illegals trying to escape to Canada don't count as "Americans".

Edited by bush_cheney2004

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canada has been openly soliciting American emigration (e.g. a dying Cape Bretton), but Canadians have streamed across the U.S. border in far greater numbers long before web sites ever existed, and they will continue to do so with a President Trump. 

The illegals trying to escape to Canada don't count as "Americans".

Actually it was a DJ on a Cape Breton radio station who started a tongue in cheek website to extol the virtues of Cape Breton to Americans fleeing if Trump were to win. Apparently Americans didn't think it was just humor and that's when the Immigration site began getting choked. We have beach front on Bras D'or lake if you're interested.

Just now, Omni said:

Actually it was a DJ on a Cape Breton radio station who started a tongue in cheek website to extol the virtues of Cape Breton to Americans fleeing if Trump were to win. Apparently Americans didn't think it was just humor and that's when the Immigration site began getting choked. We have beach front on Bras D'or lake if you're interested.

Cape Bretton's dying population is its concern, not mine.   All I know is that more Canadians have emigrated to the United States than Americans going to Canada, and the USA has ten times the population.   Must be the weather, huh ?   Trump can't change that.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Cape Bretton's dying population is its concern, not mine.   All I know is that more Canadians have emigrated to the United States than Americans going to Canada, and the USA has ten times the population.   Must be the weather, huh ?   Trump can't change that.

Americans never had Trump to deal with before.And hey, if Trump fires up coal production again he may actually affect the weather. 

1 minute ago, Omni said:

Americans never had Trump to deal with before.And hey, if Trump fires up coal production again he may actually affect the weather. 

Won't matter....Canadians, just like Mexicans and many other nationals, will still want to go to the United States for a variety of reasons.

If Trump ramps up the U.S. economy, even more will come...legally and illegally.   

Reprise: Canadians overstay their U.S. visas more than any other nationals (U.S. Homeland Security).

Won't matter....Canadians, just like Mexicans and many other nationals, will still want to go to the United States for a variety of reasons.

If Trump ramps up the U.S. economy, even more will come...legally and illegally.   

Reprise: Canadians overstay their U.S. visas more than any other nationals (U.S. Homeland Security).

Trump is more likely to ramp up inflation according to the recent bond market reaction. 

Just now, Omni said:

He can drive them through the roof if he likes. Raking in interest while watching my property values rise is a great pastime I figure.

If they go through the roof, your property values won't be rising. Quite the opposite. I'm thinking maybe you weren't around during the early eighties.

Just now, Wilber said:

If they go through the roof, your property values won't be rising. Quite the opposite. I'm thinking maybe you weren't around during the early eighties.

Yes I was. The trick is to sell the property before the interest rates take their run. It's all timing.

5 minutes ago, Omni said:

I've actually been thinking of downsizing for awhile, but I'm gonna wait at least until Jan. 20 and see what how the gong show rolls out after that.

Interesting....most homeowners I know do not make such decisions based on politics in a foreign country.  I sure don't.....

They don't care about Jan. 20, 2017 either.   Other nations can elect whomever they wish, just like the Americans.

We were talking interest rates here, not elections. The latter has already been done. I'm waiting for the fallout effect of it on economies.

1 minute ago, Omni said:

We were talking interest rates here, not elections. The latter has already been done. I'm waiting for the fallout effect of it on economies.

I'm not...I have never had to worry about the "fallout" from Canada's economy after an election.   I wonder why ?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

1 minute ago, Omni said:

Lucky you for living close to a nice stable neighbor. I don't really have to explain it to you do I?

Yes, please do.   I love reading about how a President Trump may affect Canada's economy, not just "America".   Could it be that "America" impacts Canada's economy far more than Canada impacts America's economy ?   Just my working theory for now....