Donald vs Hillary

Who will American voters choose: Clinton or Trump?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thomas Friedman (NYT) points out Hillary Clinton's consumate stupidity:

“You know, the fact is and Chris alluded to this earlier — these Clinton emails — there’s the emails, the emails. Has anyone found any definitive proof that any foreign government has obtained these e-mails? Have they found any definitive proof that there is anything in it that imperils national security? So, you know, I think the whole thing has been exaggerated from the start. But let me say this: Hillary Clinton has no one else to blame but herself. Why in the world did she do this incredibly stupid thing?”

The only logical explanation is that it was done purposely for nefarious gains that outweighed the risk(s). 

Edited by bush_cheney2004

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

I did read somewhere the theory that it was to avoid freedom of information requests.  I can't remember where.

It is a common tactic used by people working in the US government if they think they will be targets of politically motivated FOI requests. 

10 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The only logical explanation is that it was done purposely for nefarious gains that outweighed the risk(s). 

And because of this Americans are seriously considering electing a well known shyster and lecher with no understanding of the issues facing the county. Seems to me bad judgments are not unique to Clinton. 

12 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Donald Trump actually mentions Bill Clinton's trips to "Lolita Island" in this brief video.

Does Trump mention the 13 year old girl who says Trump raped her?

Edited by Argus

15 minutes ago, TimG said:

And because of this Americans are seriously considering electing a well known shyster and lecher with no understanding of the issues facing the county. Seems to me bad judgments are not unique to Clinton. 

Not just no understanding, but a deep and vindictive hostility to anyone who offers up contrarian advice to what he wants to believe. You can bet the only people who will be giving him advice (more than once) are those who tell him what he wants to hear.

Edited by Argus

3 hours ago, TimG said:

Somebody has to be elected....look what Canada got.   Hillary Clinton is either a crook or a moron, so not exactly prez material either.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Somebody has to be elected....look what Canada got.   Hillary Clinton is either a crook or a moron, so not exactly prez material either.

Compared to Trump she is immensely qualified. Yes it is unfortunate that it has to be one of the two. As for Trudeau - there is some evidence that he is willing to delegate to people with the skills necessary and to change his mind when faced with uncomfortable reality. The evidence we get from Trump is he fires people who say things he does not want to hear and his White-house will be living in a fantasy world that is disconnected from everything. I would expect a major stock market collapse if Trump gets in simply because no one with money to invest trusts the guy to be rational.

5 hours ago, Argus said:

Does Trump mention the 13 year old girl who says Trump raped her?

With Bill Clinton there's actual evidence. There are flight logs.

Bill Clinton ditched Secret Service on multiple ‘Lolita Express’ flights: Report

This is getting sicker by the minute!

Edited by OftenWrong
Link doh

1 hour ago, TimG said:

Compared to Trump she is immensely qualified.... I would expect a major stock market collapse if Trump gets in simply because no one with money to invest trusts the guy to be rational.

Clinton has disqualified herself (email fiasco) and used public office for personal gain.  

I am not in favour of Trump either, but a market crash would be welcomed.   U.S. markets are inflated by Fed policies anyway....has to come to an end.

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Clinton has disqualified herself (email fiasco) and used public office for personal gain.  

I am not in favour of Trump either, but a market crash would be welcomed.   U.S. markets are inflated by Fed policies anyway....has to come to an end.

Drain the swamp! lol

I'm glad it's over in four days time. It is getting insane with the mud-slinging on both sides. Whichever of them loses he/she is well-adviced to leave the country before the winner takes office in January.

From the past elections one easily got the impression that the candidates didn't really dislike each other but there was even mutual respect and fair game. Not this time around. Either of these candidates wouldn't hesitate to throw the other one into jail if only given a reason.

17 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The email nonsense is much ado about nothing As for using public office for personal gain - don't make me laugh. Every politician in the United States does that. And Trump, going by how he's trying to profit his own companies from his election bid, funneling campaign money into them, will be the most blatantly corrupt president in US history.

17 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

That's a solidly Republican attitude. It says "I'm all right, Jack, and if everyone else dies, that's fine with me."

43 minutes ago, Argus said:

The email nonsense is much ado about nothing As for using public office for personal gain - don't make me laugh. Every politician in the United States does that. And Trump, going by how he's trying to profit his own companies from his election bid, funneling campaign money into them, will be the most blatantly corrupt president in US history.

That's a solidly Republican attitude. It says "I'm all right, Jack, and if everyone else dies, that's fine with me."

If everyone raped , then that would be much ado about nothing, since every other politician is 'doing it'.

The email server is no big deal, Benghazi was no big deal. The recent insight into how the DNC used protesters to incite violence at Trump rallies. The new information about Abedin, AND Brazile (who no longer works for CNN). 

I view Clinton as being more corrupt than Trump. But in the end you are going to believe what you want to believe. And as I said for Obama, who ever is next is only going to drive the nation down father. And that is all by design to me.

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Well, I am certainly not concerned about the fears of U.S. elections by foreign nationals.   This is just another presidential election with two poor major party candidates.

19 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I think its a pick your poison as i think a recession is due.  The gop needs to see the long game, if trump wins and a recession hits, i think the dnc gets another 8 yrs in 2020 and maybe 4 yrs of the house.  But then there is the supreme court in play which is why imo this election is as nuts as it is.  Personally i think the president race is distracting from the house and senate race.  I think if trump gets elected with a gop house and senate, he will be getting quite the reality check.  

Here's the Dems' November surprise, it looks like:

http://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/11/04/melania-trump-undocumented-work/93321114/

Melania Trump, the wife of the Republican nominee Donald Trump, was paid for 10 modeling jobs in the United States in 1996 before obtaining the necessary documents to legally work in the country, the Associated Press reported Friday.

The report, which AP says is based on accounting ledgers, contracts and other related documents, comes one day after Melania Trump delivered her first speech in the campaign since the Republican National Convention. In the speech, she addressed her journey to becoming a U.S. citizen and how, "as a young entrepreneur, I wanted to follow my dream to a place where freedom and opportunity were in abundance."

Melania Trump arrived in the U.S. from Slovenia on Aug. 27, 1996, on a B1/B2 visitor visa and earned $20,056 for 10 modeling jobs before she obtained her H-1B work visa on Oct. 18, 1996, according to AP.

Hillary not guilty, of course, when u have the deputy director  wife having benefited from the Clinton, talk about conflict of interest. The USA is  at the bottom of the barrel in corruption and the  voters better wise up or a civil war is going to break out over this election.                                                   http://www.globalresearch.ca/fbi-director-james-comey-no-evidence-of-hillary-wrong-doing-but-who-conducted-the-investigation-fbi-deputy-director-andrew-mccabe-bribed-whose-wife-received-467000/5555398 

2 hours ago, Topaz said:

Hillary not guilty, of course, when u have the deputy director  wife having benefited from the Clinton, talk about conflict of interest. The USA is  at the bottom of the barrel in corruption and the  voters better wise up or a civil war is going to break out over this election.                                                   http://www.globalresearch.ca/fbi-director-james-comey-no-evidence-of-hillary-wrong-doing-but-who-conducted-the-investigation-fbi-deputy-director-andrew-mccabe-bribed-whose-wife-received-467000/5555398 

Why is everything a conspiracy with you people? The email 'scandal' was something created out of nothing to begin with. There was never any chance Clinton would be charged with anything. The FBI reviewed over 30,000 emails over a multiyear period, of which maybe 112 should have been classified but weren't. That's an error on the order of 0.0037%. In other words, when deciding whether an email ought to be sent encrypted on official government systems the people involved were correct in over 99.99% of the time. My bet is you could find similar or worse ratios for just about every senior government official. No one is perfect, after all, except Donald Trump (in his own mind). As far as it being sent on a private server, that wasn't unusual or illegal. And if it hadn't been then it would have been sent on the State Department's unclassified email system, which we KNOW was hacked by the Chinese back then anyway.

So big bloody deal.