Donald vs Hillary

Who will American voters choose: Clinton or Trump?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, -TSS- said:

Hillary lost in all the states where she lost to Sanders in the primaries. The conclusion is that unlike what was said Sanders' supporters did not support Hillary.

I trust, then, that they are pleased with what they got instead.

Just now, -TSS- said:

Hillary lost in all the states where she lost to Sanders in the primaries. The conclusion is that unlike what was said Sanders' supporters did not support Hillary.

Not all but a lot. Yeah I noticed that too. 

I was saying it during the primaries too. They super delegates were dumb to promote the candidate who won the primaries with the states that won't matter in the general election. 

They shouldve paid paid more attention to what the delegates in the battleground states wanted. 

10 hours ago, Derek 2.0 said:

I don't think the American people so much voted for Trump, more so, voted out the establishment and elites.......

I guess that explains why they also gave the Republicans control of Congress.  You gotta wonder what the 'working man' is thinking when they expect a billionaire to speak for them. Oh well, maybe the next demagogue or the one after that will be better.

9 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

For our friends "north of the border" who awaken to this stunning election outcome, I can only offer hope that they advance through the five stages of grief as painlessly as possible:

Denial

Anger 

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance

I woke up laughing my ass off.

3 hours ago, kimmy said:

Demagoguery was a big part of Trump's pitch, A lot of people bought in, and they've got high expectations.

I don't think Trump can deliver the 5% growth he promised, or the millions of Rust Belt jobs he promised, or make ISIS vanish, or most of the other stuff he promised. But with the White House, Congress, the Senate, and soon the Supreme Court, he can definitely deliver some socially conservative red meat to appease his constituency.

I suspect a Trump Presidency's greatest accomplishment will be to set an even bigger stage for the next demagogue.  Like terror groups that follow in the vacuum of the last one...the demagogues will just keep getting better.  

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I guess that explains why they also gave the Republicans control of Congress.  You gotta wonder what the 'working man' is thinking when they expect a billionaire to speak for them. Oh well, maybe the next demagogue or the one after that will be better.

Big win for the Tea Party. Going to be interesting.

11 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I woke up laughing my ass off.

I didn't.  As much as I dislike her, I would've preferred a Clinton presidency.

But as unpopular of a thing this may be to say, there is a tiny teeny weenie part of me that thought the Democratic Party totally deserves this big egg on their face.

ETA - and the media!  Wow, they were shameless, it was painful to watch.  I can totally get why the anger from the Trump camp was legit when it came to the way the media handled their candidate.

Edited by BC_chick

1 minute ago, BC_chick said:

But as unpopular of a thing this may be to say, there is a tiny teeny weenie part of me that thought the Democratic Party totally deserves this big egg on their face.

True, but the Republican party also deserved an "egg on their face" but now they have control of the presidency, senate, congress, and very soon the supreme court too. Trump will have a minimum of 2 years (but likely longer) to do essentially whatever he wants. 

1 minute ago, BC_chick said:

I didn't.  As much as I dislike her, I would've preferred a Clinton presidency.

The egg is at least equally  on the face of the Republicans.  Trump is only nominally the Republican President.   What is different from past winners is that this one has few friends and fewer debts within the party hierarchy.

Just now, Bonam said:

True, but the Republican party also deserved an "egg on their face" but now they have control of the presidency, senate, congress, and very soon the supreme court too. Trump will have a minimum of 2 years (but likely longer) to do essentially whatever he wants. 

Not really, the Republican establishment was very much against their candidate - or divided at best.  They didn't deserve the egg as much as the Democratic Party did.  

Just now, overthere said:

The egg is at least equally  on the face of the Republicans.  Trump is only nominally the Republican President.   What is different from past winners is that this one has few friends and fewer debts within the party hierarchy.

Which will lead to greater levels of frustration amongst an electorate that seems determined to burn the whole mis-contraption to the ground.

Donald Trump has defied all odds since the beginning, ignoring political correctness and personally attacking the Clintons and members of his own party.  He successfully moved the focus off of policies and kept it on mud slinging, his media strength.  Clinton provided several self inflicted wounds, and insulted millions of American voters.

42 minutes ago, Argus said:

Like, by being Black, you mean?

Uh, no.

Early on in his administration, there was an incident involving a black home owner(Harvard professor)  who upon coming back from a trip, found that he had locked himself out of his home.  Do you remember this?  Neighbours phoned the police about a burglar prowling, and the cop came and confronted him asking for ID.  He got into the house and then refused to show his ID, and starting yelling about police racism and such.  They took him down to the station for his trouble because he wouldn't simply show his ID.  He refused.

Obama injected himself into this silly little incident and had the cop and home owner sit down to a meeting.  That action by Obama said that it's okay to resist the police, and by inference that if they ask for ID they might be racists.  When he said that the police acted stupidly, that disrespect was mirrored with increasing regularity.  It was this and other comments that Obama made that worsened race relations.

Another person wandering through a neigbourhood was stopped by police after a call went in a couple of years later.  This person had no ID, and though he was white and a  celebrity, the police insisted on ID.   They took him to his hotel room where he showed them the ID, and he was then released.  You never heard of this incident because it didn't fit the media's agenda of racism.  The person was none other than Bob Dylan, and he didn't rant or stomp around and call the police stupid.  He simply showed his ID like they asked.  Look it up.

This issue is a side bar to the election, and I only responded because of the inane comment that Trump has touched off a racist upswing in the US.  

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trump campaign rallies had an organic energy to them that Clinton's never matched.   Trump did not need rock stars, A-list celebs, endorsements, or any other gimmicks to attract attention and support.   Trump was "high energy".

Yep, in your face, Katy Perry!

Trump was the rock star, and Hillary could never match his crowds, which is why they started appearing at rock concerts.

6 minutes ago, BC_chick said:

Not really, the Republican establishment was very much against their candidate - or divided at best.  They didn't deserve the egg as much as the Democratic Party did.  

Bottom line is Americans elected a sexist, racist bully as President, a Congress hamstrung by the Tea Party (unless some Republicans suddenly grow some balls that have here to fore been invisible) and control of the Supreme Court.  Interesting times ahead. We will see if this checks and balances is fact or hype when really put to the test.

6 minutes ago, Wilber said:

Bottom line is Americans elected a sexist, racist bully as President, a Congress hamstrung by the Tea Party (unless some Republicans suddenly grow some balls that have here to fore been invisible) and control of the Supreme Court.  Interesting times ahead. We will see if this checks and balances is fact or hype when really put to the test.

Agreed.  Modern day Republican Party in control with Donald Trump at the helm is probably the closest we're going to come to the possibility of a nuclear war.  

I'm thinking of converting to Christianity just in case Jesus does show up.  

Edited by BC_chick

2 minutes ago, BC_chick said:

Agreed.  Modern day Republican Party in control with Donald Trump at the helm is probably the closest we're going to come to the possibility of a nuclear war.  

I'm thinking of converting to Christianity just in cases Jesus does show up.  

Hey, before the election only 22% of his supporters actually thought he is going to start a nuclear war so no reason not to vote for the guy.

Edited by Wilber

8 minutes ago, Wilber said:

You're not a babe in the woods, so I hope you realize that this isn't the first time they've elected a scoundrel.  

Just now, sharkman said:

You're not a babe in the woods, so I hope you realize that this isn't the first time they've elected a scoundrel.  

I sometimes wonder if people were actually listening to what he was saying during this campaign, or just hearing what they wanted to hear.