Donald vs Hillary

Who will American voters choose: Clinton or Trump?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, Derek 2.0 said:

I wish I had of put money on it..........<_<

Tanya not taking this well. I locked my Bowie knives and kitchen knives in the gun cabinet when Wisconsin started going Trump. Lots of stuff getting thrown around here tonight, but luckily most of it is soft and I won't have to replace anything too expensive. She's vowed to start working on her Canadian citizenship ASAP... I imagine that'll be as soon as she regains consciousness, which will probably be next week sometime.

Trump, Pence, Republican Senate, Republican Congress... this is unmitigated disaster for gay people and non-Christians in America. The next Supreme Court justice will no doubt make Archie Bunker look like a pinko liberal.

-k

8 minutes ago, kimmy said:

Trump, Pence, Republican Senate, Republican Congress... this is unmitigated disaster for gay people and non-Christians in America. The next Supreme Court justice will no doubt make Archie Bunker look like a pinko liberal.

I doubt it......"at worse", under a President Trump, social issues (as to many other) will become States issues as opposed to the purview of the Eye of Sauron across the Potomac......... 

1 hour ago, kimmy said:

Tanya not taking this well. I locked my Bowie knives and kitchen knives in the gun cabinet when Wisconsin started going Trump. Lots of stuff getting thrown around here tonight, but luckily most of it is soft and I won't have to replace anything too expensive. She's vowed to start working on her Canadian citizenship ASAP... I imagine that'll be as soon as she regains consciousness, which will probably be next week sometime.

-k

Don't be so dramatic.

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I can't wait to see reactions in Canada, starting with PM Justin Trudeau. 

And around the World....just think of all the leaders that laughed off or slagged Trump, including Trudeau. ;)

As I said countless times, Trump wouldn't have been my first choice (or 2nd, 3rd and 4th), but there is something poetic in this win......I don't think the American people so much voted for Trump, more so, voted out the establishment and elites.......and to think, if the DNC hadn't of sandbagged Bernie Sanders, he may have very well of had a similar result.

Smarty pants pollsters are still kicking themselves for blowing it so bad.....all except for the LA Times/USC internet polling:

Polls that consistently gave Clinton a comfortable lead in recent weeks included Bloomberg Politics, CBS News, Fox News, Reuters/Ipsos, USA TODAY/Suffolk, Quinnipiac, Monmouth, Economist/YouGov and NBC News/SM, according to RealClearPolitics.

Of 67 national polls tracking a 4-way race since the start of October, only four gave Trump the lead, according to RealClearPolitics. Of 61 national polls tracking a 2-way race during that period, six gave Trump the lead.

And all six were the L.A. Times/USC poll.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/2016/11/09/pollsters-donald-trump-hillary-clinton-2016-presidential-election/93523012/

I'm feeling light-headed from lack of sleep. Can't complain.   I'd be feeling a lot worse if the result had ended up with Hillary giving the victory speech. :)

Trump's hidden votes:  It's not just the white guys, folks.  It's also women!  And he's got a share from the surge of Latino votes, too!

LA Times and Rasmussen got the polls right!.

Edited by betsy

Scott Reid from CTV kept saying "white votes."   He's giving the race spin.  He's gonna say this is due to racist white folks!

What I want to know is that, why on earth does he assume all Latinos are for Hillary?   

Scott Reid was terribly disappointed in Hillary though, for not having the graciousness to do the concession speech - and for treating her volunteers the way she did.  I heard someone say, "sore loser."    They were criticizing Hillary for her seeming petulant and ungracious behaviour - which was likely to be picked on by the media vultures.

After Trump's speech - who was gracious towards Hillary in his victory -  the same pundits were saying, "he saved her."

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

CBC News:   "Democrats sat stunned, staring at their smartphones".

CTV showed them shell-shocked......and  crying!  Heck....most of the pundits themselves looked shell-shocked!

The party at the Chateau Laurier ended looking "like a wake," says Don Martin.  It emptied early on, that Don Martin was the only one left!

Toronto Sun editor (pro-Trump among the pundits) couldn't help having that grin on her face most of the night! :)

Edited by betsy

One thing was confirmed though:  the pundits finally talked about the long lines and packed rallies by Trump, and the vibrant enthusiasm by supporters in his rallies, compared to Hillary's that were held in smaller venues and which lacked the vibrancy displayed by Trump's supporters.  So what the right-wing press were saying was true after all.

Those packed rallies and long-lines were never described by the mainstream media

You bet they're right.....the Evangelicals were behind Trump.  In fact, they were praying for him!

With hardly any support from his own party, the media all out against him, and all the smears coming out to tar him......look how he ended up not only being President - but with both houses surviving to support him.

His road to victory is quite amazing!

Edited by betsy

Kind of Hypocritical for Evangelicals to go for Trump. But whatever, it's not like Hillary spoke for them either. 

This is a rejections of the political establishment. Trump was able to win without the help of the Republican party. 

Calling white people in the heartland dumb ignorant hicks is not a way to win hearts and minds. They have a vote too and they used it. 

Edited by Boges

I'M NOT  surprised Trump won because he connected with so many voters who felt like he said, the system is rigged and corrupt and it has been for a long time and when the families of Clinton and Bush are gone from politics , then maybe the cancer will be gone from D.C. Trump will HAVE keep his word about Hillary and the 33000 e-mails and the Foundation or the voters will turn away from him. Trump will also need to triple his security and checkout the Secret Service agents surrounding him, since its been said, it was a SS agent that really shot Bobby Kennedy. I HOPE TRUMP AND PENCE CAN BRING THE COUNTRY TOGETHER AND BRING PEACE BACK TO WORLD.

33 minutes ago, Topaz said:

I'M NOT  surprised Trump won because he connected with so many voters who felt like he said, 

He won because Americans are not ready for a woman president.... and especially, those ethnic voters which the Democrats depended on?.... the males of those ethnic minorities are not that keen on women leaders.

6 hours ago, Derek 2.0 said:

And around the World....just think of all the leaders that laughed off or slagged Trump, including Trudeau. ;)

What did Trudeau say? Trump was the one calling Trudeau Canada's worst President, yet I don't know of anything Trudeau ever said against Trump.

Edited by ?Impact

7 hours ago, kimmy said:

The next Supreme Court justice will no doubt make Archie Bunker look like a pinko liberal.

It's funny you mention Archie (wasn't he before your time?). On one of the networks they described last night as Archie Bunker vs Maude. 

Edited by Argus