Who will get 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination?

2016 Republican Presidential Nominee  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Its been front page on CNN for about a week... What exactly do you want? A briefing rolled up, and shoved up your a$$?

Really? I thought it was barely mentioned for a day and then everybody moved on. What about his theory that cervical cancer is caused by lack of orgasms? Can you imagine if a Republican said that? Holy crap!

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he didn't slash salaries or benefits. I think they have to pay something like 2% more into their pensions.

The contribution increases amounted to an 8% cut in their take home pay, and he then used the money to cut business taxes while dramatically cutting spending on education.

He opposes abortion, even in cases of rape and incest, and wants abstinence to be the only sex education to be taught in schools.

None of this marks him out as anything but a rabid tea party loon.

Michael, you're so funny.

How so ? I didn't know who Argus & Shady were talking about, and was confused as to whether one or both of them were being sarcastic. It took me 3 clicks back to a post by Derek 2.0 identifying the subject as Gov. Scott Walker, so I thought I'd save other people the clicks if they were wondering who "he" was.

Did you think I was doing something else ?

He would be the most sensible one for sure. They have to be especially careful as the msm likes to rip apart gop contenders comments to shreds. Mind you trump is a fool.

I agree, I really like his proposal to fully shift current Federal Government roles to the States (i.e. Healthcare, Education etc) by shifting both administration and funding.........

He opposes abortion, even in cases of rape and incest, and wants abstinence to be the only sex education to be taught in schools.

He does oppose abortion on a personal level, well respecting the law.......he would ban late-term abortions.........as to sex-ed, his Bill several years back didn't only teach abstinence , still including contraceptives, but promoted abstinence as the only 100% choice to prevent pregnancy and STDs....likewise said Bill also included provisions to prevent bullying........what a monster :rolleyes:

He does oppose abortion on a personal level, well respecting the law.......he would ban late-term abortions.........as to sex-ed, his Bill several years back didn't only teach abstinence , still including contraceptives, but promoted abstinence as the only 100% choice to prevent pregnancy and STDs....likewise said Bill also included provisions to prevent bullying........what a monster :rolleyes:

The legislation signed by Walker would promote abstinence as the only reliable way to prevent pregnancy and sexually-transmitted diseases, teaches the positive socioeconomic benefits of marriage, and adds discussion of bullying to the sex education curriculum school districts may use.

http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/state_edwatch/2012/04/walker_signs_abstinence-only_sex_ed_bill.html

Now the reason why I think anyone pushing an agenda like that is an idiot is that statistics and studies have shown time adn time again, that jurisdictions which abandon sex education in favour of preaching 'just say no' tend to have much higher rates of teenage pregnancy, abortion, and STD transmission. In fact, this fetish for not teaching sex education is why the US ranks as the number one country in the developed world for teen pregnancy and STD transmission.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3194801/

So someone should ask Walker a simple question "Sir, can you tell us why you want higher rates of sexual transmitted diseases and pregnancies among teenagers and how you think that will make American a better place?"

And needless to say, this will also lead to more abortions and more poverty, so clearly in Walker you have a man pushing policies which are very well known to create abortion, teen pregnancy, the spread of diseases and poverty. What kind of a conservative would support such things?

Edited by Argus

Interesting point, without a doubt Haley, Rubio, Scott Walker and Bobby Jindal are the future of the GOP, and would all be smart choices for the bottom of a Bush ticket (or if anyone beats Bush) and I could only really see three possible outsiders (not running for the nomination), Gov. John Kasich, Gov Susana Martinez and Condoleezza Rice superseding any of them on the bottom of the ticket.......Though Rice has publicly stated countless times that she is not interested, assuming Bush wins the nomination, based on her longstanding relationship with the Bush family, I could see her changing her mind if asked (by a Bush).

And today:

Ohio Gov. John Kasich launched his bid for the White House on Tuesday, entering the crowded Republican field with a pledge to use lessons from the heartland to straighten out Washington.

Mr. Kasich is the 16th—and perhaps final—major Republican candidate to join the GOP fray, and he noted repeatedly in his campaign kickoff speech that many people questioned whether he could win. He told the crowd at Ohio State University that he has proved doubters wrong in the past and that he was well prepared to lead the country.

In my opinion, Kasich fits perfectly into the Bush/Walker/Rubio/Perry camp of the GOP.

He's has an interesting life, comes from modest roots (Father was a postal worker), turned to religion after losing both his parents to a drunk driver and though a fiscal Republican, during his time in Ohio, he still found funds to further invest in treatment for the mentally ill, drug addicted and further healthcare for children and poor seniors (by expanding Medicaid coverage).......and of course, no GOP President has won without Ohio.........

Politically, in my opinion, a Bush (Florida) / Kasich (Ohio) ticket would be quite realistic, and would very likely beat Clinton...

Trump poses a major problem for the Republicans. If he continues and eventually runs as an independent it will elect the Democratic nominee. Consider the best case scenario for the Republicans, even If Trump backed out tomorrow he has given the Democrats wonderful footage to use against the eventual nominee. I believe that is one of the reasons some other contenders are afraid to call him out because his response and counter attack would later provide fodder for the Democrats.

Trump poses a major problem for the Republicans. If he continues and eventually runs as an independent it will elect the Democratic nominee. Consider the best case scenario for the Republicans, even If Trump backed out tomorrow he has given the Democrats wonderful footage to use against the eventual nominee. I believe that is one of the reasons some other contenders are afraid to call him out because his response and counter attack would later provide fodder for the Democrats.

That's absurd. Trump's rantings have nothing to do with any other candidates. Nice try though.

That's absurd. Trump's rantings have nothing to do with any other candidates. Nice try though.

Well actually, yes they do. As a for instance, he ranted that Rick Perry only wore glasses to make him look smart. Then he says Lindsey Graham could't get a job in the private sector ad the gives out his phone number. Are you not following your people?

Well actually, yes they do. As a for instance, he ranted that Rick Perry only wore glasses to make him look smart. Then he says Lindsey Graham could't get a job in the private sector ad the gives out his phone number. Are you not following your people?

And how is that wonderful footage for democrats to use against the eventual Republican candidate? You guys continue to be distracted by the shiny object! Lol.

Cool. Maybe Republicans will run ads showing all the times Hillary Clinton chummed around with the Donald!

Do you think that looks bad for Hillary? I think it looks about as bad as Mulcair opting to not join the CPC when they asked him. I like when gotcha moments backfire.

To Shady - You must understand that in politics, all candidates are very careful when they are running for positions within their own party. In Canada, the leadership races for all parties are carefully scripted so that criticisms of fellow candidates for leadership are toned with the assumption that any negative statements will be used by the opposition in the next election. That is basic politics.

It is generally understood within a party that you do not provide fodder for your opponents to criticize your leader during the next election campaign. Party loyalty supersedes personal ambition.

Trump has already indicated that his personal ambitions are a greater priority than the Republican Party and has made enemies of those who really run the party.

Longitudinal data indicates that the next American president should be a Republican. Donald seems to be doing everything for that not to happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone (who can think critically) notice that no major revelations have been dug up by the MSM on Trump? Yes, I know his recent quotes on Mexicans are out there. I'm not talking about current events or comments. I'm talking about something dug up in his past, some embarrassing revelation that could damage him. I'm wondering why nothing has been found yet, since he pretty much leads the race.

Is the guy spotless? No skeletons in the closet? No seedy business decisions or moves? What's wrong with this picture? Because you gotta know that he didn't get to the top by colouring inside the lines. I'm sure he makes Romney look like a choir boy.

Trump may have finally imploded. Last nights debate didn't go very well for him, and today's been a complete disaster. He even managed to get himself disinvited from the conservative group Red State's candidate forum that's being held tomorrow. Things may finally be getting back to normal. But I guess we'll see.