Who will get 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination?

2016 Republican Presidential Nominee  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And how does that differ from Fiorina? Fiorina doesn't sound like a hillbilly, lost a Senate race and called Trump a clown........she belongs in 1600 why?

I don't advocate for Fiorina as a presidential candidate. Shady's the one who called her a rising star, and her performance in the "junior varsity debate" this week got a lot of people talking about how intelligent and well-spoken she is. (that's two things I don't think anybody accused Sarah Palin of...)

And you know, when Palin first showed up on the scene I thought she was pretty cool. I really wanted to like her. And I did, for a while... but eventually I was forced to concede that she was a real dumb-ass.

-k

Elizabeth Dole (2000 election campaign)...was not a "mental cripple".

She's probably one of the many Republican women who would have made a better VP nominee than Sarah Palin.

Like Carly Fiorina, Liddy apparently couldn't raise much money, and she dropped out very early (like Carly is going to.)

-k

I don't advocate for Fiorina as a presidential candidate. Shady's the one who called her a rising star, and her performance in the "junior varsity debate" this week got a lot of people talking about how intelligent and well-spoken she is. (that's two things I don't think anybody accused Sarah Palin of...)

And you know, when Palin first showed up on the scene I thought she was pretty cool. I really wanted to like her. And I did, for a while... but eventually I was forced to concede that she was a real dumb-ass.

-k

Fair enough, and to be quite clear, I think Fiorina along with the majority of the 17, wouldn't make viable nominees for 2016.

Sarah Palin has more political aptitude than many of the other candidates.

She's certainly got political aptitude. A certain base cunning and a knack for talking to rubes and rednecks. And if she hadn't gone into politics she probably could have made a killing selling monorails.

-k

She's certainly got political aptitude. A certain base cunning and a knack for talking to rubes and rednecks. And if she hadn't gone into politics she probably could have made a killing selling monorails.

Hey...if previous political office and campaign experience are the qualifications, Gov. Palin has more than many of the others.

They tried that before and it was a bitter failure, but suppose they learned their lesson and say "this time, let's pick a female nominee who isn't a mental cripple!" And if they did go that route, then maybe Fiorina is one of the names they would consider. As Derek points out, governors Sue Martinez and Nikki Haley would be potential picks as well.

-k

With Martinez, the majority of her views are aligned with who I do feel will/should win the GOP ticket.........if one were to assume Bush wins, his selection of a VP will likely align with his own policies......one such social policy sets Bush out from the others, Common Core Education Standards (Following in big brother's No child left behind), very few other Republicans support Common Core......those that do? Gov. Kasich and Gov. Martinez........

So far Jeb is not exactly off to a great start. Even assuming Trump implodes himself, it seems like there's still other candidates with more momentum than Bush.

-k

Remember Herman Cain, Rick Perry and Newt Gingrich all lead in various polls, a year out, over Mitt Romney......

but hey now... what could go wrong with a Jeb "The Next One" Bush and Mary "Spawn of Darth" Cheney ticket?

You might have missed a step, the "proposed ticket" was Bush/Rice.......the reference to Darth's daughter was to highlight that Dr Rice's "rumored" sexual preference wouldn't damage, to a great extent, a Bush/Rice ticket among most 21st century GOP power brokers & donors, and in turn, GOP supporters......as Bush/Cheney weren't damaged by Mary Cheney's personal life, I fail to see how an already popular Dr Rice would damage Jeb.

What happens if Trump splits from the Republicans, runs as an independent and even 10% of the dingbats that seem to be in love with him go along for the ride?

If he runs he will likely get that many votes and guarantee a Democratic victory.

You might have missed a step, the "proposed ticket" was Bush/Rice.......the reference to Darth's daughter was to highlight that Dr Rice's "rumored" sexual preference wouldn't damage, to a great extent, a Bush/Rice ticket among most 21st century GOP power brokers & donors, and in turn, GOP supporters......as Bush/Cheney weren't damaged by Mary Cheney's personal life, I fail to see how an already popular Dr Rice would damage Jeb.

But Mary Cheney was just a campaign staffer. Few voters knew that Darth's daughter was gay, or that she was working for the GOP in any capacity.

Not given THIS field.

:lol:

-k

But Mary Cheney was just a campaign staffer. Few voters knew that Darth's daughter was gay, or that she was working for the GOP in any capacity.

No, many voters knew that "Darth's daughter was gay" because of the big mistake that Kerry made on a nationally televised debate.

Team Darth was able to turn that to its advantage.

During the 2000 run the cat was let out of the bag by the media (either CNN or ABC iirc) in an interview with Darth and his wife......then again in 2004, always classy John Edwards, included Mary Cheney's personal life well stumping in blue-collar swing States, in an attempt to marginalize Bush/Cheney among religious voters........then there was the debate in which Edwards again brought up Cheney's family life.........If one didn't then know Mary Cheney was gay, they must have lived under a rock.

No, many voters knew that "Darth's daughter was gay" because of the big mistake that Kerry made on a nationally televised debate.

Team Darth was able to turn that to its advantage.

It was classy John Edwards........I don't think Kerry would have gone that deep into the muck.

It was classy John Edwards........I don't think Kerry would have gone that deep into the muck.

John Kerry specifically made this gaffe in the third round of debates:

Kerry caused a stir on Wednesday night at the third and last presidential debate when he referred to Mary Cheney (search), an official in the Bush-Cheney campaign, while answering a question from moderator Bob Schieffer, who asked whether homosexuality is a choice.

John Kerry specifically made this gaffe in the third round of debates:

Kerry caused a stir on Wednesday night at the third and last presidential debate when he referred to Mary Cheney (search), an official in the Bush-Cheney campaign, while answering a question from moderator Bob Schieffer, who asked whether homosexuality is a choice.

I forgot about that one........Without a doubt, going after family members is not a winning strategy.