Who will get 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination?

2016 Republican Presidential Nominee  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which, sadly, tells the tale of the Republicans.

She's heads and shoulders above Donald Trump, the current front runner.

How low is that bar anyways? I mean one could set it at Trump, or Palin, not sure which one is lower, but at this point the bar is so low I gotta start digging for it.

True...much larger political parties than in Canada, which has a far smaller selection of the same nutbars to choose from.

Yeah. Maybe in part it's because we have smaller parties. But in particular, the extreme right wing is not as prevalent. And that's where most of the nutbars are from.

I heard a predictor says it will come down to Clinton, Bush and Trump. The Elite have already picked the next President.

That's not the elite telling you that, it's just a prediction based on the polls.

-k

Trump's now within 5 points of Hillary Clinton in the latest polls.

It's okay, even if Trump flames out as many think he will, he is doing us a great service by drawing many of the scorpions from under their rocks into the sunlight. Let us get this part of the business over with NOW, over a year from the election.

Back to United States Politics

Carly Fiorina won her way into the big boys debate forum. She probably triples her support and deserves to face Trump and the boys on the big stage on Sept 16.

What I like about Rand, Christie and Trump: They all excite large parts of the electorate on conservative issues. That does not mean they are all neck-deep conservatives; more like knee-deep -- but they communicate it well and they have the gloves off.

And the side benefit is that while they are getting the base stirred up they also taking each other out, for the real conservative candidates to finish the race.

So ... while it lasts ... Go Rand. Go Chris. And go Donald.

It's okay, even if Trump flames out as many think he will, he is doing us a great service by drawing many of the scorpions from under their rocks into the sunlight. Let us get this part of the business over with NOW, over a year from the election.

Oh, yeah.

That guy is just one big ball of public service.

Nope...we're just getting started. Lots of fun lies ahead, all the way to the very end. Ups and downs and twisting turns await all those who watch this process or fight for their side. Straw polls...primaries...party conventions...then a big general election.

What I like about Rand, Christie and Trump: They all excite large parts of the electorate on conservative issues. That does not mean they are all neck-deep conservatives; more like knee-deep --

Well let's be honest. With Dubya and Reagan as the 2 previous 2 term republican presidents, you don't exactly have to stretch to meet the bar, intellectually.

What I like about Rand, Christie and Trump: They all excite large parts of the electorate on conservative issues. That does not mean they are all neck-deep conservatives; more like knee-deep -- but they communicate it well and they have the gloves off.

And the side benefit is that while they are getting the base stirred up they also taking each other out, for the real conservative candidates to finish the race.

So ... while it lasts ... Go Rand. Go Chris. And go Donald.

The problem is their solutions are idiotic and unworkable. At least, the ones Rand and Trump have espoused.

Heard someone on CNN make a good point about Trump:. Trump complains about a lot of the same frustrations a lot of Americans seem to have with their current government (a big reason he's popular), but many of his solutions to those problems just don't seem like good, well thought-out policy.

I think you're right. Another way to put it: government has grown too complex for the average person to understand the problems, so they want to send somebody like them to solve them.

Heard someone on CNN make a good point about Trump:. Trump complains about a lot of the same frustrations a lot of Americans seem to have with their current government (a big reason he's popular), but many of his solutions to those problems just don't seem like good, well thought-out policy.

People don't care about solutions. They just want to complain. Just look at the last decade and a half of posts on this forum.

I think you're right. Another way to put it: government has grown too complex for the average person to understand the problems, so they want to send somebody like them to solve them.

Yes pretty much. You'd think a business man like him would be more thoughtful. I just don't see him as the type of person to sit down and carefully read pages and pages of analysis on a certain topic. I see him sitting in a room with advisers giving him advice, then in the middle of them talking he gets fed up and says "Ok enough! Here's what we'll do". I think non-Republicans would be more comfortable with him if he seemed to have more thoughtful, carefully laid-out plans instead of seemingly just shooting his mouth off.

Not even close...many nations have a mix of public and private health insurance and/or providers. Promising health care rationing and long wait times was politically unworkable.

Yes, many nations have a mix, which I applaud. But they all have a national health care program - except you guys. They all have medical stats which are better than or at the least, equal to yours, and they all pay way, way less money. Which is why they sometimes have wait times. There isn't one of them which couldn't eliminate all wait times if they were willing to spend as much as the US does on health care.