Who will get 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination?

2016 Republican Presidential Nominee  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Good old Jeb pretty much lost any chance he had with this.

For becoming president that is. He pretty much tied up the republican nomination though.

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/davidbadash/jeb_bush_i_don_t_know_if_the_charleston_church_shooting_was_racially_motivated

WWWTT

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good old Jeb pretty much lost any chance he had with this.

For becoming president that is. He pretty much tied up the republican nomination though.

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/davidbadash/jeb_bush_i_don_t_know_if_the_charleston_church_shooting_was_racially_motivated

WWWTT

"I don't know. Looks like to me it was, but we'll find out all the information. It's clear it was an act of raw hatred, for sure. Nine people lost their lives, and they were African-American. You can judge what it is."

I doubt that will cost him much. Besides which, Blacks don't vote Republican anyway.

"I don't know. Looks like to me it was, but we'll find out all the information. It's clear it was an act of raw hatred, for sure. Nine people lost their lives, and they were African-American. You can judge what it is."

I doubt that will cost him much. Besides which, Blacks don't vote Republican anyway.

Yes and apparently six out of those nine murdered rapists were women.

I would have to call Jeb Bush out as the final compromise candidate barring a melt down.This is a calm person who is every one's second choice after their own. His name still means something in Republican circles. He's quite bland actually, not very photo-genic, an ordinary guy. He's not arrogant and does not in public come across as a grinning Cheshire cat like Obama. He's definitely a conservative on crime, abortion.

He is not going to say things that alienate. He'stoo cagey and he showed he could deal with race and other issues in Florida.

Clinton will implode. If the Republicans do not implode turning on each other before her. ,Who ever emerges will have the Obama foreign policy and economic record to slam and Clinton left office too late to distance herself from the foreign policy disaster especially Libya, the creation of Isis and the inability to handle Putin.

She will be butchered on Libya and foreign policy.

I do not think Americans like her at all. I think they will find Bush inoffensive and unlike Obama not polarizing or arrogant.

Bush is amiable. He keeps a bland low profile.

I think Bush will find a lot of Republicans in the end go to him out of loyalty and the belief he is the most stable of them all.

I think he is. Time will tell though. In US politics the candidates blow themselves apart leading up to 2.

Demos are dead in the water with Clinton. She has no grass roots connection to blacks,Latinos, trade unionists. He is hoping to get those votes with an endorsement from Obama which will be a kiss of death. The same Latinos she thinks she has over eased immigration laws she will lose over Cuba.

She is relying on pink collar liberals. Good luck on that.

One last thing - a lot of Republicans bailed on Romney for being a Mormon and will be back full swing supporting Bush.

It is my belief Romney lost because of his failure to keep the Christian vote which Republicans usually get. I think Romney being a Mormon scared off some of the Christian vote which is a well oiled lobby when it gathers steam in the US. People underestimate that Christian vote. I think Bush will play to it and that will make the difference.

As for race politics, I personally believe he's actually quite moderate. He married a Mexican. He's just not a race privilege guy. No one has ever said that about him. Clinton on the other hand has stuck up her snotty nose at many a minority. She won't be able to hide that elitist snit face on the long election road.

I really think it is a disservice to the blacks for continually propping up the 'African American' label. I don't call myself a 'German Canadian'.

Didn't know German was categorized as a race.

I haven't really heard the term African Canadian either.

Or haven't heard of Egyptian Canadian, Angolan Canadian.

There's also such a thing as white privilege in many western countries.

WWWTT

I think your white ignorance is showing. Or is it your white privilege?

http://www.africanholocaust.net/news_ah/africanrace.html

WWWTT

Africa is a continent, Africans are the people who live in Africa. I am white, and my family goes back to Germany and the UK.

What should I call myself? Let me answer. I am a Canadian who happens to be white. I am not German, or British. How do you apply race to that context?

Africa is a continent, Africans are the people who live in Africa. I am white, and my family goes back to Germany and the UK.

What should I call myself? Let me answer. I am a Canadian who happens to be white. I am not German, or British. How do you apply race to that context?

Ya my parents come from Sao Miguel Acores Portugal. But I was born here. I identify myself as Canadian of Portuguese heritage.

I had this discussion with American woman and BC who claimed that I am still Portuguese.

My argument was that I am whom I believe what I am.

This issue is a natural for never ending debate in my opinion and I do not believe we can come to some kind of an agreement without honestly saying we are guilty of thread drift because that's the status of our little side argument in this thread now.

Probably worth it's own thread actually!

Many Canadians can probably relate to our side debate here one way or another.

WWWTT

I do not think Americans like her at all. I think they will find Bush inoffensive and unlike Obama not polarizing or arrogant.

Bush is amiable. He keeps a bland low profile.

We'll see how long that lasts.

During the primaries last time around, we saw bland, non-polarizing Mitt Romney having to go out and say a bunch of polarizing, non-bland stuff during the Republican primaries to try to appeal to the Tea Partyists and evangelicals, then try and walk it back later.

Demos are dead in the water with Clinton. She has no grass roots connection to blacks,Latinos, trade unionists. He is hoping to get those votes with an endorsement from Obama which will be a kiss of death. The same Latinos she thinks she has over eased immigration laws she will lose over Cuba.

How many Latinos outside of the Florida Cuban community are going to turn against the Democrats because of eased relations with Cuba?

One last thing - a lot of Republicans bailed on Romney for being a Mormon and will be back full swing supporting Bush.
It is my belief Romney lost because of his failure to keep the Christian vote which Republicans usually get. I think Romney being a Mormon scared off some of the Christian vote which is a well oiled lobby when it gathers steam in the US. People underestimate that Christian vote. I think Bush will play to it and that will make the difference.

That's not true. The religious right delivered for Romney in historically unprecedented numbers. They might not have been fired up about voting for a Mormon, but they were fired up about defeating Obama.

As for race politics, I personally believe he's actually quite moderate. He married a Mexican. He's just not a race privilege guy. No one has ever said that about him. Clinton on the other hand has stuck up her snotty nose at many a minority. She won't be able to hide that elitist snit face on the long election road.

Huh? When has she ever disrespected minorities?

-k

We'll see how long that lasts.

During the primaries last time around, we saw bland, non-polarizing Mitt Romney having to go out and say a bunch of polarizing, non-bland stuff during the Republican primaries to try to appeal to the Tea Partyists and evangelicals, then try and walk it back later.

I doubt you'd see that with Bush (or Rubio), both establishment GOP members.....Though Romney (and Perry) could be considered establishment to some extent, he (like Perry) was forced to go full tea party (never go full tea party!!) to minimize his "leftish" record.......Bush (and his team) don't have that problem and he'll be able to "play himself" based on his record, much like his brother and father before him......

Further to the point about Christians turning out to support Romney:

In the wake of that election, I posted about how the Tea Partiers were trying to spin the election defeat as evidence that they had to go farther right to get their evangelical base to the polls, and how they're completely wrong.

This poll conducted by the Faith and Freedom Coalition -- hardly a left-wing think tank-- found that they had an unprecedented turn-out from evangelical voters-- 27% of all votes were votes cast by evangelicals, the most ever. And they voted overwhelmingly for Romney, 78% to 21%. Romney also did very strongly among *white* Catholics... 59% to 40%, a +35% swing from the 2008 election! "Nevertheless," the article states, "Obama narrowly won the Catholic vote driven largely by over-performing among Hispanic Catholics."

So Romney actually did very strongly among Christian voters, far better than McCain did 4 years earlier. Trying to argue that he lost because he is a Mormon is wishful thinking.

-k

I doubt you'd see that with Bush (or Rubio), both establishment GOP members.....Though Romney (and Perry) could be considered establishment to some extent, he (like Perry) was forced to go full tea party (never go full tea party!!) to minimize his "leftish" record.......Bush (and his team) don't have that problem and he'll be able to "play himself" based on his record, much like his brother and father before him......

Was Perry "forced" to "go full Tea Party" or was all the stuff that came out of his mouth just him being himself?

For example, I read that his campaign team strongly advised him against this ad, but he insisted:

-k

{"I'm not ashamed to be Christian, but you don't have to be in the pews every Sunday to know there's something wrong in this country when gays can serve in the military but kids can't celebrate Christmas or pray in school."}

Was Perry "forced" to "go full Tea Party" or was all the stuff that came out of his mouth just him being himself?

For example, I read that his campaign team strongly advised him against this ad, but he insisted:

Without a doubt Perry was forced to go "full Tea Party", he is after all a "born again Republican" (former Texas Blue-Dog Democrat)......And I was personally shocked with his piss-poor "performance" as a "Tea Partier" during the lead-up to 2012, after having witnessed Perry (and W.) firsthand well living/working in Texas........I still feel, if Perry had of been himself, the same Perry that effectively ran Texas for over a decade (the 5th or 6th largest economy in the World) he would have won the GOP ticket and made a better showing against Obama (still might not have won).......

For 2016, though I still respect Perry, I doubt he'll be able to walk back his 2011/12 performance, despite being healthier, wearing the same glasses as my Mother, and allowing some of his (and wife's) better personal traits be known (His work with veterans as Governor, personally lobbying the Federal Government behind closed doors for mental health benefits and his family's "adoption" of Marcus Luttrell), things that he'd kept quite (good taste) in 2011/12..........

Though on paper his campaign looks better, I still doubt it will be enough.........but in a (Jeb) Bush White House, I'd think ole Rick Perry would make a fine VA Secretary....... with or without the old lady glasses.

For 2016, though I still respect Perry, I doubt he'll be able to walk back his 2011/12 performance, despite being healthier, wearing the same glasses as my Mother, and allowing some of his (and wife's) better personal traits be known

Another example of the "real Rick Perry"........and is already getting some flack........