Who will get 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination?

2016 Republican Presidential Nominee  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ultimately Trump running for the nomination doesn't hurt anybody except possibly Republicans.

It has been noted that what Trump had to say about "Mexicans", which everyone knows meant "Latinos" was deliberately offensive and insulting. But what might hurt Republicans, Latinos being 17% of the population now, is that not one Republican candidate called him out for it. Not one disagreed with him. Not one said what he said was wrong.

It has been noted that what Trump had to say about "Mexicans", which everyone knows meant "Latinos" was deliberately offensive and insulting. But what might hurt Republicans, Latinos being 17% of the population now, is that not one Republican candidate called him out for it. Not one disagreed with him. Not one said what he said was wrong.

And that's the thing. The foils are not being used as foils here. That's when they begin to define the party.

Why does any candidate have to answer for another candidates actions? We're they even asked? For instance, Jeb Bush continues to champion immigration reform, campaigning in Hispanic in some cases. Why does he have to even acknowledge Trump? It's absurd.

You've heard the phrase "I won't even dignify that with a response." If somebody of the stature of Jeb Bush bothers to respond to a guy like Trump, then it might give the impression that Trump has a position that merits discussion.

On the other hand, if nobody responds, it could create the impression that the candidates believe that it's politically disadvantageous to denounce Trump's views (ie, they believe there's actually a significant number of voters that they could alienate if they denounce Trump's comments.) It's a touchy subject for a lot of conservative voters. Recall Mitt Romney's attempts to tip-toe around the issue last time around with his inane comments regarding "self-deportation."

Jeb Bush's Latino-friendly credentials aren't in doubt, but how many of the other candidates can say the same?

-k

You've heard the phrase "I won't even dignify that with a response." If somebody of the stature of Jeb Bush bothers to respond to a guy like Trump, then it might give the impression that Trump has a position that merits discussion.

On the other hand, if nobody responds, it could create the impression that the candidates believe that it's politically disadvantageous to denounce Trump's views (ie, they believe there's actually a significant number of voters that they could alienate if they denounce Trump's comments.) It's a touchy subject for a lot of conservative voters. Recall Mitt Romney's attempts to tip-toe around the issue last time around with his inane comments regarding "self-deportation."

Jeb Bush's Latino-friendly credentials aren't in doubt, but how many of the other candidates can say the same?

-k

It's wrong for them not to address it. Trump has been provided a huge platform to throw out his insane comments. His comments should be addressed given that he is 2nd in the polls.

It's wrong for them not to address it. Trump has been provided a huge platform to throw out his insane comments. His comments should be addressed given that he is 2nd in the polls.

Nobody has to, but somebody ought to say something before it turns into an elephant in the room.

-k

And Jeb just provided his tax returns for the last 33 years, the most ever for someone running for President, showing how is became wealthy........much like how he released several months back all his emails, some embarrassing, from his time as Governor of Florida.....I liked this part:

When I entered the Governor’s office, I declined to take the state pension - $28,730 per year that I would’ve started to receive this year - because I wanted to put my money where my mouth was on fixing the state budget and restoring fiscal responsibility.