Should Marijuana Be Legal?

You can't make great whiskey like a whiskey maker ,but you can grow weed as good as anybody and I have over 40yrs experience. So don't tell me I do not know what is going on.

You have 40 years experience growing weed?

They don't.

I know. Which is why your suggestion that pot legalization and the booze market post-prohibition are "apples and oranges" is ludicrous.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

us cop talks dangers of legal pot in banff.

Wow, talking about spewing a pantload of it.

Cop hasnt a clue what he is talking about, will continue talking about it at tonights dinner, all the while sip[ping wine or having a beer. Sheesh ....what a maroon.

Pretty much the cop said in secret english...." Legalizing this stuff may put me and some other cops out of a job.We cant steal fancy cars homes boats rvs or take cash money anymore because pot is legal in this state."

Boo hoo.

Pot laced cookie caused some kid to throw himself off a balcony. Does he really think people are this dumb and believe it?

Wow, talking about spewing a pantload of it.

Cop hasnt a clue what he is talking about, will continue talking about it at tonights dinner, all the while sip[ping wine or having a beer. Sheesh ....what a maroon.

Pretty much the cop said in secret english...." Legalizing this stuff may put me and some other cops out of a job.We cant steal fancy cars homes boats rvs or take cash money anymore because pot is legal in this state."

Boo hoo.

Pot laced cookie caused some kid to throw himself off a balcony. Does he really think people are this dumb and believe it?

hey it's possible. Of course, not mentioned are how many people who were killed or suffered injuries as a result of alcohol use in that same time frame.

Things cop didn't mention:

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/1199626/colorado-sergeant-warns-alberta-of-marijuana-legalization-perils/

Minutes before she was killed, Ms. Kirk called 911 to say her husband, Richard, was talking like it was the end of the world and had consumed marijuana and possibly prescription medication for back pain, according to a police affidavit.

That may be an opiate. Much more likely to cause adverse reaction in an adult.

Children's access to edibles is a safety issue, like for booze to and medications.

• 3 months later...

You have 40 years experience growing weed?

I've had friends that attempted to grow a plant or two without being a greenthumb (haha)

With some of the info online with general gardening can help and they got good results. I was given a small sample from their small harvest, and well it was of decent quality.

Weed grows itself in sunlight with adequet water apparently.

I am surprised 3 us states and the district of Columbia, d.c. have all legalized it before Canadian provinces.

With proper safeguards for sure it should be legalized, it creates an underground economy and that is part of the systemic cycle of violence in Canada. We ought remove systems that enable victimization and abuse of people.

I must add though that potency is an issue as skunk weed are cited to cause neurological abnormalities, potency should be a factor in a system with free medical insurance. But paid national health insurance is a better model as long as those in poverty have basic care.

smoking in general is not good in excess so the culture behind use should be moved to safer uses such was food and vapourized.

Its not that use is bad but there is lot of room for harm reduction.

We ought to steer drug use to remove the negatives, combating use selectively has not been effective.

Edited by nerve

Long term usage of cannabis is great as long as you don't mind a shrunken brain....that is..."gray matter volume reduction in the medial temporal cortex, temporal pole, parahippocampal gyrus, insula, and orbitofrontal cortex; these regions are rich in cannabinoid CB1 receptors and functionally associated with motivational, emotional, and affective processing."

Checked your reference:

Long term "heavy consumption" ...

are there any stats on how badly the BC bud industry was damaged by the legalization of weed in their primary market- the Western USA?

At one time it was multi billion industry.

Still is I believe. It's estimated about $2 or so billion in sales from across the border will be lost this year. That leaves roughly $3 billion, possibly more, which still rivals all other British Columbia crops. With the changes in U.S. law, I think BC is not far from changing. I'm actually surprised the U.S. beat them to it honestly. With how relaxed the laws are in Vancouver and it being such a large area of the province population wise it doesn't seem like anyone is in a huge rush.

I don't believe BC can just unilaterally legalize pot like US states have. In any case I can't see Christy Clark's Liberals ever doing it and it's sure as hell unlikely to ever happen in a Harper State.

We're still years maybe decades away from anything like the liberties the citizens of narco-states bordering us have. We still have to see how they'll hold up under a Republican President that's also in control of two houses of government.

OTOH if Washington and Alaska decided to separate over the issue anything could happen in BC. Here's hoping.

I don't believe BC can just unilaterally legalize pot like US states have. In any case I can't see Christy Clark's Liberals ever doing it and it's sure as hell unlikely to ever happen in a Harper State.

We're still years maybe decades away from anything like the liberties the citizens of narco-states bordering us have. We still have to see how they'll hold up under a Republican President that's also in control of two houses of government.

OTOH if Washington and Alaska decided to separate over the issue anything could happen in BC. Here's hoping.

Well Trudeau has said he will legalize pot if elected. Harper is of course trying to dance the funky chicken whichever way he feels he needs to to get the most votes. And yes it will be interesting if the states elects a repub next time around I can just see the federal henchmen being dispatched to Washington, Colorado, Alaska.

Well Trudeau has said he will legalize pot if elected. Harper is of course trying to dance the funky chicken whichever way he feels he needs to to get the most votes. And yes it will be interesting if the states elects a repub next time around I can just see the federal henchmen being dispatched to Washington, Colorado, Alaska.

They'll have to deal with it in D.C as well. Didn't they just legalize?

1. Prohibition employs a lot of people (lawyers, police, judges, prison guards, etc, etc)

2. They are worried it will piss of the US.

3. Theres a pretty active and successful lobby by private interests who sell alternatives to pot (pharmy companies, coffee companies, alcohol companies etc).

1. is silly conspiracy nonsense.

2. Was quite realistic up until the last few years. We could easily have faced massive border issues if we'd tried to legalize pot during the Bush years or prior to that.

3. is also pretty much conspiracy nonsense.

I personally don't think much of people who need to smoke pot to deal with life, but that's just me. Banning it has absolutely not worked, is not working, and will not work. It provides a lot of money to criminals and incites violence among and between them, and serves no real purpose. Legalize, regulate and tax it.

Edited by Argus