Should Marijuana Be Legal?

1. is silly conspiracy nonsense.

2. Was quite realistic up until the last few years. We could easily have faced massive border issues if we'd tried to legalize pot during the Bush years or prior to that.

3. is also pretty much conspiracy nonsense.

I personally don't think much of people who need to smoke pot to deal with life, but that's just me. Banning it has absolutely not worked, is not working, and will not work. It provides a lot of money to criminals and incites violence among and between them, and serves no real purpose. Legalize, regulate and tax it.

Argus is right. Although I was looking at some figures.. http://www.med.uottawa.ca/sim/data/Marijuana_e.htm

It is said that our country, Canada, produces 2.6 million kg of Marijuana annually which is the equivalent to 2.6 billion grams. The average street price is roughly $7-10 a gram, obviously goes down when buying bulk but for hell of it lets just say we price every gram at $7.

2.6 billion grams x $7/gram = $18.2 billion dollars annually. Now obviously these figures can't be 100% right but you get the just of it.

It is also said on the same page that the annual consumption by Canadian users is roughly 770,000 kg, which is about 770 million grams.

770 million grams x $7/gram = $5.39 billion

Based on those figures, a large portion of our annual production goes "elsewhere". Also it is stated that roughly $500 million is wasted on enforcing marijuana laws every year. We could easily cut down on police forces and court costs.

Edited by PrimeNumber

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Many push for legal marijuana thinking it will take a bite out of organized crime. But what happens when a more potent form of marijuana hits the underground?

This stuff is called "shatter". Is it harmless?

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/23546506/new-marijuana-drug

More or less yes. It's just hash but made from butane. A dab will do ya is certainly correct. Extremely potent but not life threatening, save for butane explosions when making it. But if Marijuana was legalized this stuff would most certainly find its way into head shops in some form or another. More or less for users who have high immunities to smoking just marijuana bud. The lazy types will buy ready made shatter, those wishing to save some money will buy bud and make it into shatter. Either way the stuff is out there and accessible. Might as well make it legal for adults.

Edited by PrimeNumber

More or less yes. It's just hash but made from butane. A dab will do ya is certainly correct. Extremely potent but not life threatening, save for butane explosions when making it. But if Marijuana was legalized this stuff would most certainly find its way into head shops in some form or another. More or less for users who have high immunities to smoking just marijuana bud. The lazy types will buy ready made shatter, those wishing to save some money will buy bud and make it into shatter. Either way the stuff is out there and accessible. Might as well make it legal for adults.

So you find it extremely potent?

So you find it extremely potent?

I've tried it yes. I don't smoke marijuana frequently, maybe once every year if that. But I have many friends that do smoke marijuana very frequently to many times daily, some need it for medicinal purposes, some do not. I had heard of it and decided I wanted to see what it was like for myself, I had one dab as they call it and found it to be very potent. It's definitely not something a first time or very in-frequent user would want to try and I can guarantee you that if they do, they will not be trying it again any time soon.

I'd say it's more for those that smoke daily. For those that need medicinal that is not covered and have to pay out of their own pockets it can be not only medically beneficial but also financially beneficial. They can use very minimal amounts of it every day and save a lot of money.

I've tried it yes. I don't smoke marijuana frequently, maybe once every year if that. But I have many friends that do smoke marijuana very frequently to many times daily, some need it for medicinal purposes, some do not. I had heard of it and decided I wanted to see what it was like for myself, I had one dab as they call it and found it to be very potent. It's definitely not something a first time or very in-frequent user would want to try and I can guarantee you that if they do, they will not be trying it again any time soon.

I'd say it's more for those that smoke daily. For those that need medicinal that is not covered and have to pay out of their own pockets it can be not only medically beneficial but also financially beneficial. They can use very minimal amounts of it every day and save a lot of money.

But it's going to be used by just those who have a license for medical marijuana. This will be sold to kids. Organized crime doesn't go out of business because something they sell becomes legal. Some of you don't realize that.

But it's going to be used by just those who have a license for medical marijuana. This will be sold to kids. Organized crime doesn't go out of business because something they sell becomes legal. Some of you don't realize that.

Well kids can already get it now. When I was in high school it was incredibly easy to find, but so were cigarettes and alcohol. The fact that they were restricted to adults never stopped us from getting them. The point is, as adults, we should be able to make our own decisions. To think that organized gangs are going to get together to sell butane oil to kids is ridiculous. I don't see any street gangs selling alcohol or cigarettes to kids. It's really not worth the effort especially considering many kids have older siblings or cousins or friends that will be willing to get these things for them for free. The best thing to do is legalize it, regulate it and tax it and use some of those taxes to educate kids on the dangers of smoking marijuana before they are adults and the dangers of abusing it. Much like we do with alcohol.

Edited by PrimeNumber

LOL

Yes because we have been horribly plaqued.....horribly plaqued by bootleggers since the repeal of prohibiition.

You're a teacher?

We

Are

Doomed !

A number of Canadian vets have legal access to marijuana for medical purposes. The government pays for this marijuana. The number of payouts for this year is 10 times what it was for last year. The Canadian taxpayer paid over $43 million for medical marijuana for military veterans last year.

Make it legal, tax it and regulate it.

And alcohol continues to cause havoc. I don't need substances to alter my mind. It's sad that you do.

I guess this is your way of saying D'oh. Ok Good thing you moved off that idiotic organized crime brain fart.

Have you stopped beating your wife yet?

Edited by Guyser2

Many push for legal marijuana thinking it will take a bite out of organized crime. But what happens when a more potent form of marijuana hits the underground?

This stuff is called "shatter". Is it harmless?

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/23546506/new-marijuana-drug

It stops becoming marijuana if you need to do that kind of crap to it. And weed is much more potent these days than even 20 years ago.

It stops becoming marijuana if you need to do that kind of crap to it. And weed is much more potent these days than even 20 years ago.

So you are not a fan of sour diesel?

I don't believe, unlike many fools, that marijuana is harmless. I've seen it destroy lives. I've seen alcohol destroy lies. It's all trash. People who need it to alter their state of mind need help.

I don't believe, unlike many fools, that marijuana is harmless. I've seen it destroy lives. I've seen alcohol destroy lies. It's all trash. People who need it to alter their state of mind need help.

A lot of people who have a drink or smoke a joint do not destroy their lives. I would suggest most. I doubt anyone really wants to revisit prohibition.

I know many many people who are contributing members of society that smoke marijuana almost daily. Most of them are in the trades but some are psychologists, doctors and teachers. I'd say marijuana hasn't destroyed their lives any more than having a beer or two after a hard days work destroys mine. It's when people become dependant on it or when they are using it to numb emotional pain. Having a joint after a hard days work is no different than having a few beer. In fact one could say, it's earned. Cigarettes are about a hundred times more deadly than marijuana, but you don't see these same crusaders spending half as much energy trying to get cigarettes off the streets. Let's be honest about what the real detrimental narcotic to society is.

tobaccovsalcoholvsmarijuanabig.jpg

I know many many people who are contributing members of society that smoke marijuana almost daily. Most of them are in the trades but some are psychologists, doctors and teachers. I'd say marijuana hasn't destroyed their lives any more than having a beer or two after a hard days work destroys mine. It's when people become dependant on it or when they are using it to numb emotional pain. Having a joint after a hard days work is no different than having a few beer. In fact one could say, it's earned. Cigarettes are about a hundred times more deadly than marijuana, but you don't see these same crusaders spending half as much energy trying to get cigarettes off the streets. Let's be honest about what the real detrimental narcotic to society is.

tobaccovsalcoholvsmarijuanabig.jpg

Are you saying smoking a full joint is equal to drinking a full beer? Also, your little graphic is very deceiving. T

Everything can be harmful if not kept in check. Food can be dangerous for some as some foods do alter the state of mind. Almost anything you do can alter your state of mind. Meditation for one can alter ones state of mind. And even if you have one beer to take the edge off, you are being hypocritical.

Weed is not good for developing brains, same goes for alcohol. But as adults, go for it.

I've seen lives get destroyed via drugs and alcohol. But weed was never a factor. Usually it was cocaine or harder things like that.

And a commercially made cigarette is way more dangerous than weed. It's not the tobacco itself but the process and chemicals used to make cigarettes.

How can you consider yourself an educator?