Should Marijuana Be Legal?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not specifically, in terms of specific sizes of images or when it's ok to use them or not. We have removed images when they're not necessary to the discussion or constitute trolling and there haven't been complaints.

I don't have much faith in moderation actually doing something about trolling. So there is no rule for this? Just a suggestion?

You remove stuff when no one complains, but nothing is done when people complain? WTF has this forum degraded into?

Are you saying smoking a full joint is equal to drinking a full beer? Also, your little graphic is very deceiving. T

No I said smoking a joint is "like" having a few beer. No one should be driving under either circumstances, but of course they both do entirely different things to you so it's really impossible to compare them im terms of how they effect your state of mind.

No I said smoking a joint is "like" having a few beer. No one should be driving under either circumstances, but of course they both do entirely different things to you so it's really impossible to compare them im terms of how they effect your state of mind.

The key commonality is the intent of the adult consumer.

I don't believe, unlike many fools, that marijuana is harmless.

Water is wet. Good for you. And water isnt harmless, neither is chocolate and all sorts of things.

I've seen it destroy lives.

No you havent. What you may have seen (and this is highly doubtful you have) is a person who is not right using pot to escape a reality and then they spiral .

Pot most certainly did not just pop up and ruin a persons life. And teachers......oh man talk about smoking pot? Lots nad lots of them do it daily.

I've seen alcohol destroy lies. It's all trash. People who need it to alter their state of mind need help.

But youre cool with alcohol and all the other drugs you use.

Wow what a hypocrite

I don't have much faith in moderation actually doing something about trolling. So there is no rule for this? Just a suggestion?

You remove stuff when no one complains, but nothing is done when people complain? WTF has this forum degraded into?

If you want to throw darts at the moderators, please go to this thread:

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/topic/23306-what-improvements-would-you-like-to-see-in-this-discussion-forum/

Why are we pouring millions on enforcement.

I am the right wing conservative here and I say legalize it,tax it and move on to the bigger battles.

Yes I am the one Pink Floyd fan that does not smoke pot. (never a fan) but I just see the waste when we have booze and tobacco selling legally.

It will not be something that can be done in bars but in backyards and private homes.(Hopefully without kids).

The Americans will yell for awhile. Than they will drive over and buy some.

Canada banned cannabis before the Americans.....and a few U.S. states have already "legalized" pot.

So?

Windsor is a little closer to Detroit than Colorado.

Ever since Reagan, the republicans have become the moral authority on people.

How is the war on drugs going? Any day now right?

So?

Windsor is a little closer to Detroit than Colorado.

Ever since Reagan, the republicans have become the moral authority on people.

How is the war on drugs going? Any day now right?

It is far easier to buy pot in Detroit...and in many other U.S. cities...no need to cross the border.

Liberals banned pot in Canada, and they are still at it in Ontariowe:

Ontario’s newly elected Liberal government has introduced legislation Making Healthy Choices Act 2014, which is aimed at curbing e-cigs and nicotine, but is written to include any substance that is vaporized. Fascinatingly Ontario Liberal premier Kathleen Wynne promised during the campaign she had no intention of enacting legislation on e-cigs, but first piece of healthcare legislation is a ban on e-cigs.

It is far easier to buy pot in Detroit...and in many other U.S. cities...no need to cross the border.

Liberals banned pot in Canada, and they are still at it in Ontariowe:

Ontario’s newly elected Liberal government has introduced legislation Making Healthy Choices Act 2014, which is aimed at curbing e-cigs and nicotine, but is written to include any substance that is vaporized. Fascinatingly Ontario Liberal premier Kathleen Wynne promised during the campaign she had no intention of enacting legislation on e-cigs, but first piece of healthcare legislation is a ban on e-cigs.

If you want company disliking the Ontario Liberals I am already a long standing member. Check out my other posts.

Ontario is very very much a nanny state and I loathe them for it. Ironically they have added so many taxes that some of us have found a wonderful blackmarket cash only kinda thing going.

But back to the topic. Pot is very easy to buy anywhere. I am jut saying instead of having that underground market just legalize it and turn a drain on the system into resource.

Everything can be harmful if not kept in check. Food can be dangerous for some as some foods do alter the state of mind. Almost anything you do can alter your state of mind. Meditation for one can alter ones state of mind. And even if you have one beer to take the edge off, you are being hypocritical.

Weed is not good for developing brains, same goes for alcohol. But as adults, go for it.

I've seen lives get destroyed via drugs and alcohol. But weed was never a factor. Usually it was cocaine or harder things like that.

And a commercially made cigarette is way more dangerous than weed. It's not the tobacco itself but the process and chemicals used to make cigarettes.

How can you consider yourself an educator?

I am an educator. You've proven in education threads that you know nothing about education. When it comes to education you are a relic.

Your views on weed are heavily influenced by the fact that you need it every day. I don't. I don't need to alter my mind like you do. I face the real world; not through a purple haze.

Water is wet. Good for you. And water isnt harmless, neither is chocolate and all sorts of things.

No you havent. What you may have seen (and this is highly doubtful you have) is a person who is not right using pot to escape a reality and then they spiral .

Pot most certainly did not just pop up and ruin a persons life. And teachers......oh man talk about smoking pot? Lots nad lots of them do it daily.

But youre cool with alcohol and all the other drugs you use.

Wow what a hypocrite

I'm not cool with alcohol. Like I said earlier, I do not ingest any substance that alters my mind. I guess you do, and to me, that is quite sad.

Why are we pouring millions on enforcement.

I am the right wing conservative here and I say legalize it,tax it and move on to the bigger battles.

Yes I am the one Pink Floyd fan that does not smoke pot. (never a fan) but I just see the waste when we have booze and tobacco selling legally.

It will not be something that can be done in bars but in backyards and private homes.(Hopefully without kids).

The Americans will yell for awhile. Than they will drive over and buy some.

Are you OK with your neighbours smoke it on their personal patio while your kids smell the fumes while playing in your yard?

What do you say when your kids ask what the smell is? Do you simply say it's a plant that is harmless and allows the weak-minded to escape reality for s period of time?

I am an educator. You've proven in education threads that you know nothing about education. When it comes to education you are a relic.

Your views on weed are heavily influenced by the fact that you need it every day. I don't. I don't need to alter my mind like you do. I face the real world; not through a purple haze.

Your not a teacher.

What is the difference between having a few beers after work and smoking a joint?

Weed if not tampered with is a lot safer than alcohol. Or is this your way of wanting to ban both?

Edited by Ash74

Are you OK with your neighbours smoke it on their personal patio while your kids smell the fumes while playing in your yard?

What do you say when your kids ask what the smell is? Do you simply say it's a plant that is harmless and allows the weak-minded to escape reality for s period of time?

No...... I educate them

Right...and the Americans are already doing this...Reagan's America. What is taking Canada so long ?

You should have visited Vancouver in the last 20 years. It might as well have been legal because you can smoke it right on the street, in front of cops. I've seen it more times than I can count. In fact I did it more times than I can count. The cops gave up on it a long time ago. They mostly go after larger suppliers rather than the average joe consumer. Waste of time to fill out the paper work.

Are you okay with your neighbours smoking tobacco on their personal patio while your kids breathe in the second hand smoke in your yard?

..and you should have visited Humboldt County, California in the last 50 years

Vancouver's relaxed weed culture may have been longer than 20 years that's just as far back as I know. I can't vouch for any longer than that.

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2014/04/30000-attend-420-smoke-downtown-vancouver-videos-photos/

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/will-a-lawsuit-revive-humboldt-countys-legendary-420-bash-1017

I'd say both Humboldt county and Vancouver are about on par, surprisingly they are both in States/Provinces where the product is still illegal though mostly decriminalized.