Should Marijuana Be Legal?

Marijuana smoke is much more pervasive.

And second hand tobacco smoke is much more deadly, 53,800 people die every single year from second hand smoke from cigarettes and 0, that's right 0, people die annually from second hand smoke from marijuana. Explain to your kids that it's like cigarettes, adults if they so choose to can smoke it and that children shouldn't as it is not good for their development. It's no different than explaining to your kids why adults drink alcohol. Some people love to over complicate things. :rolleyes: I seriously doubt your kids are going to run out and buy some anymore than they will cigarettes. It's incredibly odd that you would be so worried about marijuana and so passive about cigarettes when one is clearly exponentially way worse for you than the other.

Edited by PrimeNumber

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Canada banned cannabis before the Americans.....and a few U.S. states have already "legalized" pot.

Yes except its still quite illegal federally. We dont want a patchwork quilt of laws like that. Its quite easy to get a note from your Dr. to buy it for medical reasons (wink, wink) and once we get rid of the con. gov. here it will be legalized. But in reality you could probably smoke a joint in front of the cop shop and not worry about getting busted.

And second hand tobacco smoke is much more deadly, 53,800 people die every single year from second hand smoke from cigarettes and 0, that's right 0, people die annually from second hand smoke from marijuana. Explain to your kids that it's like cigarettes, adults if they so choose to can smoke it and that children shouldn't as it is not good for their development. It's no different than explaining to your kids why adults drink alcohol. Some people love to over complicate things. :rolleyes: I seriously doubt your kids are going to run out and buy some anymore than they will cigarettes. It's incredibly odd that you would be so worried about marijuana and so passive about cigarettes when one is clearly exponentially way worse for you than the other.

I don't smoke cigarettes. I don't smoke anything, I would ban cigarettes if I could.

Do you think there is any harm in people breathing second hand marijuana smoke?

I don't smoke cigarettes. I don't smoke anything, I would ban cigarettes if I could.

How would you punish people? What sort of powers would you give the state? How would you deal with the utter failure and unwillingness of the public to comply with the dictates of the state? How far would you go?

The debate rages over the effects of second hand marijuana smoke.

Yes I will add cigarettes to the things you would ban. At least this one you have a really good argument for it.

It is still safer than tobacco in its natural form hence my call for regulations. It would be safer than what is going on now.

The police rarely look to bust for personal use unless they are looking for a reason.

Why not just admit it and save the time and energy of fighting it

Marijuana smoke is much more pervasive.

It also smells better than tobacco.

Take a stroll down a sidewalk in a busy city and inhale some of those exhaust fumes.

Take a stroll down a sidewalk in a busy city and inhale some of those exhaust fumes.

Now we're talking about exhaust fumes? :rolleyes:

I don't agree that it smells better than tobacco. Just because you can't go a day without getting high doesn't men everyone has to be in favor of it.

Now we're talking about exhaust fumes? :rolleyes:

I don't agree that it smells better than tobacco. Just because you can't go a day without getting high doesn't men everyone has to be in favor of it.

Always with the shots.

Everything has become about regulations and banning for all political parties.

Why this need to control every details of our lives.

I am all for law and order, ensuring we are not eating contaminated foods and drinks but this nanny state we are now living in is just a yoke around are necks. Police talking to reporters bragging about breaking up university house parties while talking about the beer tents going well. All so they can control and regulate. I am on a bit of a rant here but I am just sick of being told what is the minimum I can pay for beer or what time I should do laundry.

If people want to smoke pot than let them and move on. Waste of money fighting this when the pot has already won

Of course it should be legal for recreational, medical and industrial uses. Now that its legality is fully politicized we are going to continue shelling out an unbelievable amount of tax money to determine the answer to something that should have never been a question in the first place. Oh the complete and utter stupidity of these elected and wanna be elected miscreants in Ottawa astounds me and outta astound you as well.

Oh the complete and utter stupidity of these elected and wanna be elected miscreants in Ottawa astounds me and outta astound you as well.

Not to mention big pharma pushing for making it prhobited lo those many decades ago

Who knew....politicians were money whores way back when too!

The Conservatives will never legalize it. Vote Liberals or New Democrats if you want change.

LOL

We have had all the "Change" we can take in Ontario

As a conservative I do believe it should be legal. It is a personal choice and this aspect of right wingers to police personal choices is what gives us a bad name.

Do you hold your nose and make the personal choice to vote Conservative anyway?

The willingness to enable tyranny is probably the most disturbing aspect of a right-winger.

What are my options?

The Liberals? They have proven time and time again to use force to stop protests and get their way.

The NDP.......That is just crazy talk

Don't vote and let whoever you would have voted for know why not.

I voted in the last Ontario provincial election with the hope for a Liberal Minority with the NDP keeping them in check so that the P.C's could dump Hudak and hopefully find a decent party leader. Sure he had the nerve to tell the truth about cutting spending and yes his million job plan is right beside the jobs created by the HST and Green energy act.He always comes off as such a unlikeable person he didn't stand a chance.

• 5 months later...