Forum Facilitators

Greg

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Shady (The Professor) should get the job...

His knowledge on a whole host of subject matter is obviously unmatched...

Well, I certainly can't argue with that. :)

And after he purges this place of all leftists,think of how easy it'll be to moderate??

Sorry, but I've never sought to purge anyone. Like I've said before. I don't use the ignore feature either. I listen and read from all. No matter who they are, and what they say.

Sorry, but I've never sought to purge anyone. Like I've said before. I don't use the ignore feature either. I listen and read from all. No matter who they are, and what they say.

Do you read Oleg Bach's posts? If you do, you deserve some kind of award.

Moderators are an anachronism. Many forums are self moderated where a post has a like or dislike button. Once a thresholds of disliked are reached, the post is made invisible (but the link to the post remains).

That as the rules here say is " Play the ball, not the person (i.e. tackle the argument, not the person making it)."

Anyone volunteering to be a moderator should be disqualified by reason hubris.

Moderators are an anachronism. Many forums are self moderated where a post has a like or dislike button. Once a thresholds of disliked are reached, the post is made invisible (but the link to the post remains).

That as the rules here say is " Play the ball, not the person (i.e. tackle the argument, not the person making it)."

Anyone volunteering to be a moderator should be disqualified by reason hubris.

Then it becomes a popularity contest where unpopular viewpoints aren't welcome. I prefer to have a place where all view points are welcome not just those which are shared by the majority.

Edited by Mr.Canada

Then it becomes a popularity contest where unpopular viewpoints aren't welcome. I prefer to have a place where all view points are welcome not just those which are shared by the majority.

I heartily agree with Mr. Canada on this. A rare time of agreement.

On the thread topic, I am willing to be a facilitator but only if there are a sufficiently large number of other facilitators. I am only on sporadically, and not at predictable times or intervals.

I heartily agree with Mr. Canada on this. A rare time of agreement.

On the thread topic, I am willing to be a facilitator but only if there are a sufficiently large number of other facilitators. I am only on sporadically, and not at predictable times or intervals.

First off I have worked many years as a mediator so the last thing I personally would want to do on this forum is serve as one. Thanks. I do that in real life. This forum gives me a chance to have opinions and I do not hide them and do not want to. So I appreciate Betsy's comment awhile back but thnaks, no thanks. Also I do not have the time and also I want to be able to argue with people and do not want to be nice. Lol.

Also I want it clear and on the record I love American Women's comments and would want to make babies with her if I wasn't so old and toxic and she didn't have such good taste. So if you have a problem with her, you deal with me.

That said, JBG come off it. Your biases would prevent you from being a facilitator, moderator or anything but what you are on this forum, an agitator. Your agenda is to confront. Your agenda is to incite friction between Muslims and Jews and as a Jew I have never appreciated your repeated role and I will not hold any punches about what I think your agenda is.

That said, that is simply my opinion. As much as I despise your agenda JBG if other people think you can be neutral, lol they are welcome to you.

Wild Bill is to me a good guy. But he probably has a sex life so I can not speak for hm but I speculate this is why they call him Wild.

Facilitator jobs are suitable to people who want to spend time on this board and do not feel the need to express opinions on the topics they facilitate. They would need to have patience and time to spare and be able to control their own feelings and emotions. It is a lot harder then it sounds.

Whoever ends up doing the facilitator job like the moderator will have my support and thanks. Like the moderator job it would not be easy. Its not a beauty contest.

I can think of a lot of people I have debated hard and blasted on this forum and who showed me courtesy in such exchanges, many. I wouldn't know where to start. Most of the regulars. So I can't imagine the inappropriate person ending up doing it. Whoever does it will be good.

Also in conclusion I would vote for Oleg Bach as Mayor of the forum if we ever create such a position. If for no other reason his referring to politicians as sodomizers captures the essence of this forum's purpose and the kind of Mayor I would vote for.

Edited by Rue

That said, JBG come off it. Your biases would prevent you from being a facilitator, moderator or anything but what you are on this forum, an agitator. Your agenda is to confront. Your agenda is to incite friction between Muslims and Jews and as a Jew I have never appreciated your repeated role and I will not hold any punches about what I think your agenda is.
I wish you would "tackle the ball" rather than grab my facemask. You have concluded, with utterly no basis, that I harbor any dislike for Muslims. Yes, I am Jewish and proud of it, as you are.

I am not a forum bigot.

I wish you would "tackle the ball" rather than grab my facemask. You have concluded, with utterly no basis, that I harbor any dislike for Muslims. Yes, I am Jewish and proud of it, as you are.

You forgot to put the strikethrough on "utterly no basis," so I did it for you.

Edited by BubberMiley

I am not a forum bigot.

My conclusions come from the repeated exchange of remarks in the past between myself and you as to the categorization of all Muslims. It is the same conclusion others have also arrived at. I feel strongly

that your kind of dialogue is designed to incite anger and resentment between Jews and Muslims and for

Non Jews and Muslims. I also believe you can tell me until doomsday you are a proud Jew, but ironically

for someone who is so proud to be a Jew you make me ashamed you think your pride as a Jew comes from

inciting intolerance against Muslim people or their religion.

By the way its not your face mask I am grabbing its your testes. I am trying to squeeze them too.

My conclusions come from the repeated exchange of remarks in the past between myself and you as to the categorization of all Muslims. It is the same conclusion others have also arrived at. I feel strongly

that your kind of dialogue is designed to incite anger and resentment between Jews and Muslims and for

Non Jews and Muslims. I also believe you can tell me until doomsday you are a proud Jew, but ironically

for someone who is so proud to be a Jew you make me ashamed you think your pride as a Jew comes from

inciting intolerance against Muslim people or their religion.

By the way its not your face mask I am grabbing its your testes. I am trying to squeeze them too.

I think Mr.Canada has his film equipment at the ready!!!!!

Annnnnnd....ACTION!!!!

I hate to be the voice of reason, but I don't think this thread is the appropriate place for this kind of discussion. Especially accusations regarding bigotry and anti-Muslim biases. Let's try and stick to the topic.

However, I think some people have a fundamental misunderstanding of what forum facilitators are suppose to be. It's not that they're not suppose to have opinions, or even strong opinions. Gasp, they may even have opinions you disagree with. :rolleyes:

I don't think this is a thread meant for everyone to nominate their choices. I think Greg/Charles (and whomever) have a good grasp of who is and who isn't facilitator material, and i'll trust their judgment.

I think it would be a tough job though for whomever gets it, not something i would want nor am qualified to do based on me being an arse too much of the time (and loving it!) :D. But good luck to whomever gets the job.

I hate to be the voice of reason, but I don't think this thread is the appropriate place for this kind of discussion. Especially accusations regarding bigotry and anti-Muslim biases. Let's try and stick to the topic...

Indeed...it is quite comical that the very thread intended to nominate facilitators only circles right back to the very reason they are needed.

I think it would be a tough job though for whomever gets it, not something i would want nor am qualified to do based on me being an arse too much of the time (and loving it!) :D. But good luck to whomever gets the job.

No, it wouldn't be that tough. Basically you'd be reporting bad behavior as you come across it, and in addition, perhaps actually posting things like "Stop the insults please" on occasion.

I already do the former anyway. Trust me, it's not difficult or time consuming.

No, it wouldn't be that tough.

Assuming you're the type of person who is never tempted to speak rudely/insulting to someone or whatnot. I guess it would be easy then. I think holding oneself to the highest standard would be a bit of change/challenge for most people here. The actual warnings/reporting wouldn't be so hard.

Assuming you're the type of person who is never tempted to speak rudely/insulting to someone or whatnot. I guess it would be easy then. I think holding oneself to the highest standard would be a bit of change/challenge for most people here. The actual warnings/reporting wouldn't be so hard.

Graham. Before you're tempted to post something derogatory just think to yourself...*What would Mr.Canada do*. That should help.

It takes a bit of discipline; I doubt it would be that difficult if you took it seriously as a responsibility.

Forum Felacitator sounds like a boring and thankless job. You'd have to always be on your best behaviour and not make any personal digs. That is a not a big problem for me but given the apparent (lacking) level of authority, it amounts to not much more than being the resident chivoto. I fail to see how it is any different than what is expected of all members here. Keep it civil, stay on topic, report when you see a problem.

What's interesting is how it appears to have changed the tone of certain posters here, who apparently have an interest in securing this position. We are seeing Shady ask people to be more civil in their discourse, and Michael Hardner has not finished polishing his halo yet. His posts are now like dry white toast. I for one cannot stand the idea of being quite so puritanical. Therefore I withdraw my nomination for the position. I wish to thank all my supporters...

We are seeing Shady ask people to be more civil in their discourse, and Michael Hardner has not finished polishing his halo yet. His posts are now like dry white toast. I for one cannot stand the idea of being quite so puritanical. Therefore I withdraw my nomination for the position. I wish to thank all my supporters...

You're welcome !

From memory (I don't feel like scrolling back to verify) the facilitator's duties are to do what I do most of the time anyway.

I'm not sure what the big deal is.