Forum Facilitators

Greg

• Forum Admin

I have decided to create a new position in the Maple Leaf Web forums called, Forum Facilitator.

Each facilitator would be expected to provide direction and advice to other forum participants. He or she will be provided with LIMITED moderation controls (closing threads, issuing abuse reports, etc) and all of their actions will need to be approved by either Charles (Moderator) or myself (Form Admin).

Facilitators will be free to participate in the forum discussions; however, their contributions will be held to a very HIGH standard by Charles and myself. Facilitators will be expected to encourage participants to adhere to the rules of the forum, and to keep the quality of the discussions at a reasonable level.

To apply for this position, you will need to be a long time member of the forums (minimum 1000 postings) and to be a member in good standing (no recent complaints or disciplinary actions against you).

If you are interested, please PM me or contact me directly.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would nominate August, Kimmy,Moonbox, and Bonam, JBG and Moonlight Graham though I would also volunteer were it not for the 1000 post requirement.

I've certainly sent enough reports to Charles over the last little while. :-P

Maybe I've created so much work he needs help!

Edited by Scotty

I couldn't in good conscience recommend any long time members other than Michael....though I'm sure I'm forgetting someone.

I think you could do the job, too. You're one of the few people here I think I've never reported. :)

I couldn't in good conscience recommend any long time members other than Michael....though I'm sure I'm forgetting someone.
Smallc, you speak too slightly of yourself. But I agree that Michael would be an excellent choice.

----

I fear that people don't understand the job. It's time consuming, and makes your own posts problematic.

In my French language forum, one person owns the website and runs it. He also posts there. He's like a barman in a pub.

----

Charles/Greg, you have done a wonderful job. (And I happen to think that this forum is on the cutting edge of political technology.)

Edited by August1991

I already emailed Greg that yourself and bloodyminded as my recommended picks...when can I expect my cheque :)

I agree, those two are good candidates.

I would nominate August, Kimmy,Moonbox, and Bonam, JBG and Moonlight Graham though I would also volunteer were it not for the 1000 post requirement.

Thanks, I don't think I'd want the position though. I tend to be away from the forums randomly for stretches of days / sometimes weeks at a time, and I wouldn't want this board to feel like a job. Plus, once in a while, it sucks to have to hold yourself to a higher standard when someone is being really dumb. Having held a similar position on other forums in the past it sometimes got annoying not being able to say as much as I wanted since it could potentially give an image of bias or an official position on behalf of the organization I was associated with.

I've certainly sent enough reports to Charles over the last little while. :-P

Maybe I've created so much work he needs help!

in that short list without naming names I spot two racists and a forum troll... B)

Only agree with Kimmy,and moonlightgraham - how about Argus and Wild Bill !

and that's nearly as bad as scotties list...

the point is to choose someone who is neutral/benign not your personal internet love fantasy or someone who shares your political tilt...

I'm agreeing with michael...I trust bloody-m to be objective but he/she isn't around as often as michael...there are a few others but they visit even less than bloody-m... Edited by wyly

I'm agreeing with michael...I trust bloody-m to be objective but he/she isn't around as often as michael...there are a few others but they visit even less than bloody-m...

Yeah, and sometimes bloody insults people. Mind you, it's pretty much always because they deserved it.

Yeah, and sometimes bloody insults people. Mind you, it's pretty much always because they deserved it.

I haven't seen that from bloody but yes but you need to be able to rise above the temptation to retaliate even when it's been provoked...

I just hope to avoid a repeat of another forum where a mod was chosen from the ranks and then went berserk with power and proceeded to eliminate/ban debate opponents...

I haven't seen that from bloody

It's very subtle, and nothing harmful. It's just that it might hurt bloody to be held to a higher standing, being that bloody is only human. I do the same thing, but I'm far less clever in that regard :).

That said, bloody is definitely one of the most intelligent posters on here.

Edited by Smallc