Canada in a nut shell

An American view on what Canada has become lately, none of it is good, no longer are we considered the polite and friendly nation, but rather the than the leading nation of woke...I like the end statement best it warns all those on the left "winter is coming" and your not going to like it....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I, as well as you, have been travelling out of country many times (detached, business and pleasure).

The degraded opinion of Canada is not new and has been going downhill for a very long time. We, Canada and Canadians, had a great reputation.

There was even a time when citizens from other countries (mainly Americans) wore Maple Leaf patches and pins and buttons but no longer.

I used to have Canada flag and Maple Leaf pins to give out but no longer do that either.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

An American view on what Canada has become lately, none of it is good, no longer are we considered the polite and friendly nation, but rather the than the leading nation of woke...I like the end statement best it warns all those on the left "winter is coming" and your not going to like it....

Bill Maher is a classic liberal in the sense that promoting fascism is a classic liberal move.

29 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

Bill Maher is a classic liberal in the sense that promoting fascism is a classic liberal move.

I'm trying to think of anything you could have said to make yourself look less politically educated. I'm coming up empty.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It is funny because people who think it's relevant forget the problems don't exist where the live and don't know misinformation like quoting air quality from a record forest fire year.
So handy to diss waiting times when many can't afford to go to a doctor,

Bill Maher's an ass, a fake liberal who does not do anything but belittle other liberals and repeat the corn-servative yap about wokeism being the real issue. It's what he's built his whole career on, made easier now that they've reduced Politically Incorrect to one syllable for the ubnwashed masses to gag on.

And you can laugh at his immigration whine when Canada, a country bigger than his with 1/10th the people and intentionally trying to grow its population is 'so much worse'.

1 hour ago, Black Dog said:

He's a smug nothing.  A pretend intellectual in a world where we elevate dolts.

No intellectual should just echo back common ideas.  That's intellectual vanity and if we were a mature society it would die on the vine.

29 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

Yes because you're a stupid person, we all know this.

Well I do my best but apparently I can't out stupid you! I have to admit defeat, when it comes to stupid you've got me beat :) 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, herbie said:

And you can laugh at his immigration whine when Canada, a country bigger than his with 1/10th the people and intentionally trying to grow its population is 'so much worse'.

A country bigger than his in geography but not in useful land.

Canada has 38,259,000 hectares of arable land. 

The US has 157,736,800 hectares

Much of Canada is frozen desert unfit for human habitation, or just barely fit.

When the Liberals came to power they floated the idea of expanding our population and the trial balloons were shot down in a near-unanimous hail of contempt. So being the great lovers of democracy they are they set out to do it anyway, with their eager lapdops in the NDP helping them along.

The result is millions of people from the third world who barely speak English, often have no job skills, contribute little to the economy and don't earn enough to pay income tax while occupying much of our public housing and emergency shelters. Huge housing cost increases and diminishing access to healthcare are the results of deliberate policy on the part of the Left to show how virtuous and anti-racist they are by inviting all the world's brown people to come to Canada. 

Edited by I am Groot
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

No intellectual should just echo back common ideas.  That's intellectual vanity and if we were a mature society it would die on the vine.

He doesn't claim to be an intellectual. He's a comedian. And as for 'echoing' common ideas, he has been expressing what is more like common sense to the vacuous liberal elites for some time now, desperately trying to speak truth to power to get them to pull back from their divisive identity politics before Trump and his ilk take the place over. If they'd listened to him years ago Trump never would have won. And if they'd listened to him last year they'd have a better candidate and Trump still would have no chance to win.

And if we were a mature society all this identitarian garbage would have been laughed at and dismissed the moment the academic twits came up with it.

16 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

He's a comedian.  They're all smug.  

16 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

This criticism, I think, would be more relevant if we were talking about someone like Jordan Peterson, rather than a washed-up comedian.  Bill Maher gets unreasonably elevated, I suppose, but do you have any specific comments on what he's saying here, or is this just a general dismissal?  

1 minute ago, Moonbox said:

... do you have any specific comments on what he's saying here, or is this just a general dismissal?  

General dismissal.  I treat him the same way he treats groups... Or countries I guess.

It's a schtick.

Our problem is we don't have actual intellectuals or human beings leading the conversation.

It's a purity test on both sides: the tougher than you crowd vs the more sensitive than you crowd.

23 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's a purity test on both sides:

all that is demanded by the Constitution Act 1982

if fealty to God, King, County

Regiment, Colours, Commander-in-Chief

Post National State Bolshevist traitors will burn in a fire of their own making in the end

Nemo me impune lacessit

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Well I do my best but apparently I can't out stupid you! I have to admit defeat, when it comes to stupid you've got me beat :) 

Don't see yourself short, you are the dumbest person I've ever encountered, but you make up for it by being extremely boring.

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

all that is demanded by the Constitution Act 1982

if fealty to God, King, County

Regiment, Colours, Commander-in-Chief

Post National State Bolshevist traitors will burn in a fire of their own making in the end

Nemo me impune lacessit

Your musical tastes suck.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Black Dog said:

Your musical tastes suck.

what Canadian would decry the Pipes & Drums of The 48th Highlanders of Canada

in concert with the Military Band of the Royal Regiment of Canada ?

you simply expose yourself as being a foreigner therein

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

what Canadian would decry the Pipes & Drums of The 48th Highlanders of Canada

in concert with the Military Band of the Royal Regiment of Canada ?

you simply expose yourself as being a foreigner therein

Jesus it keeps getting worse, listen to some Iron Maiden or something.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

having been born and raised in Canada, I prefer Kim Mitchell

I guess that's better than listening to a sackful of cats getting murdered by a jackhammer (pipe and drums) but you can do a lot better still.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

General dismissal.  I treat him the same way he treats groups... Or countries I guess.

It's a schtick.

Our problem is we don't have actual intellectuals or human beings leading the conversation.

It's a purity test on both sides: the tougher than you crowd vs the more sensitive than you crowd.

Most of his takes in the video are correct.  Ad hominems about your dislike of him is not an argument, it's a logical fallacy, and one which is 2nd from the bottom on the debate pyramid.

https://www.yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

The_Debate_Pyramid_v2_Detailed_Default_M

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Bill Maher gets unreasonably elevated, I suppose, but do you have any specific comments on what he's saying here, or is this just a general dismissal? 

He seems a little like an unoriginal populist entrepreneur or something at the moment - exploiting an easy mark for lack of anything else to say about the tone of the times. It'll be interesting to see him in action when the world shifts even harder towards an over-reactionary right wing that many on the right themselves might not care for. As a lefty I'm a little nonplussed with the tone of the times too. There are a lot more important issues I think the left should be attempting to address. I look forward to seeing the reaction of people to his material in the future. But I'm pretty sure what he'll have to work with will probably be about issues that are also really neither here nor there in the schemes of more important things going on.

Edited by eyeball