Poilievre plans to move non-confidence motion in Trudeau, despite Liberal-NDP deal

3 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

I don't think basic math is bullshit, unless you can't do basic math that is.... So after you figured out the basic math are the conservatives lying....how many percentages has the carbon price gone up per tonne... 

Want to talk about bullshit...NDP or Liberals are not interested in climate change either...or we would after 8 years seen our climate change goals met, or even come close...and yet our current price on carbon as failed to meet any targets, in fact experts say our carbon out put has increased....So don't lecture on my party is more interested than your party when your party has done nothing to meet our signed to agreements...then again Canada does not have a good reputation on keeping any of it's signed inter national agreements...

Bullshit, 90% of economist are full of shit, why is not 90 % of the nations following this plan..." they are not" ...

https://ourworldindata.org/carbon-pricing

https://carbonpricingdashboard.worldbank.org/

Ordinary Canadians need to educate themselves on the topic, if they did do you really think so many would be pleased with the current liberal plan, or the continued failures to meet not only our inter national goals but also the ones we made as a nation...

Do you know what the conservative climate change plan is, not many do, but they will continue to hold on to the myth there is none, and yet it has been released 2 years ago....all you have to do is goggle it...  

from your own source....90 % did not agree....only 25 % agreed....so you math is not getting better...it's getting worse...

You may note that the signatories are mostly US-based economists -RePec lists that there are 12727 US economists. This means that this open letter was signed by 25% of US economists, and it’s possible that not all the remaining 75% were invited to sign.

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Put in your posts and put comes this:

So you see, AI knows what kind of fool you are LOL

Nah - you just type in whatever garbage you feel like because you haven't got the brains or the courage to try to cope with my arguments directly :)

It's ok. Lots of kids are like that in elementary school.

24 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

So don't lecture on my party is more interested than your party

It's not my party.

The need for action on climate change still remains.

26 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Do you know what the conservative climate change plan is, not many do, but they will continue to hold on to the myth there is none, and yet it has been released 2 years ago....all you have to do is goggle it...  

Where exactly? Apparently even the G&M can't find it.

Pierre Poilievre’s Conservatives still don’t have a viable climate plan.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/editorials/article-pierre-poilievres-conservatives-still-dont-have-a-viable-climate-plan/

All we know for sure is that he opposes anything else that's been proposed. I don't think he believes a word of it myself and he's too chicken-shit to admit it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, eyeball said:

It's not my party.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/editorials/article-pierre-poilievres-conservatives-still-dont-have-a-viable-climate-plan/

All we know for sure is that he opposes anything else that's been proposed. I don't think he believes a word of it myself and he's too chicken-shit to admit it.

One of them is...pick one 

Yes it does, but Canadians are not willing to pay for it...they have already said so....does not matter if it is real or not Canadians have already spoken...

PP has already put his climate change plan out there, i posted it here many moons ago...

Poilievre is popular because the rich people's stinking garbage radios give him a nice publicity and despite appearances, people have finally realized that Trudeau is an evil and bloodthirsty individual.

Edited by Gaétan

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

It's not my party.

What an extortionate scam carbon taxes are.  Destroy businesses and living standards without making a significant dent in emissions.  Only a brainwashed disempowered population would accept this.  Well the writing is on the wall for Canada.  Why would any major investors take on our regulations and taxes?  Why come here when you can go elsewhere?

Of course the Liberals try to mask the tepid growth and falling living standards with mass immigration that increases inflation and emissions.

How can anyone with a brain take this government seriously?

The desperate will continue to come to Canada because they’re desperate.  Those with the means to leave and live in a jurisdiction with higher living standards will do so, and the vicious circle will continue.

Poilievre, if the conservative-fearing brainwashed public have the good sense to vote for him, will need a majority government and the stamina of a marathon champion to undo the mess made over the past 8 years.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

What an extortionate scam carbon taxes are.

You people are so suspicious that virtually every tax is a scam to you.

To tell you the truth though I'd be happier if there were only two taxes, both progressive, on consumption and on your accumulated wealth. Say, 1% on anything between $1 million up to $10 million. 2% from $10 million to $100 million, 3% from $100 million on up and so on.

Nothing on personal income, just wealth and consumption, with provisions for some redistribution to people with little to no wealth at all. 

45 minutes ago, eyeball said:

To tell you the truth though I'd be happier if there were only two taxes, both progressive, on consumption and on your accumulated wealth. Say, 1% on anything between $1 million up to $10 million. 2% from $10 million to $100 million, 3% from $100 million on up and so on.

Nothing on personal income, just wealth and consumption, with provisions for some redistribution to people with little to no wealth at all. 

No, I’m not stupid. I’ll never support paying existence taxes on heating, fuel, or other necessities.  For what and for whom?  To save the planet? lol.  As for other redistribution schemes, Canada has many already. Sure, we could have those for above certain thresholds of wealth, but remember that these wealthy people are the ones best positioned to leave the country and take their money, business, and talent elsewhere.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Nah - you just type in whatever garbage you feel like because you haven't got the brains or the courage to try to cope with my arguments directly :)

It's ok. Lots of kids are like that in elementary school.

Nah, I just put your posts in AI and it spits out the response. No need to type in anything it. AI knows the fool you are now.

Yeah,m AI is fairly new so it is kinda like in elementary school but eve so, it has you figured out. Even an elementary AI knows you are a fool. LOL

11 hours ago, eyeball said:

Sounds like a form of Marxism.  Normally government taxes on income, not what people have already earned and paid taxes on.  Maybe you are not aware people with a lot of wealth don't just put it in a bank account where it will earn no interest.  Their money would depreciate with inflation.

No, they invest it in companies and the stock market that creates thousands if not millions of jobs for other people.  If you start tampering with that, like the Commie NDP would do, you will actually destroy jobs because rich people will simple go to some other country and take their investments and money with them.  They will calculate how much they will lose and how much they will save by going elsewhere. 

10 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

No, I’m not stupid. I’ll never support paying existence taxes on heating, fuel, or other necessities.  For what and for whom?  To save the planet? lol.

No, the planet is fine. We need to prevent a worsening and potential collapse of our socioeconomic global civilization - we've needed to do this for decades.  Now we also need to do something about a dangerous state of economic inequality that only compounds the issue of climate change because of the way it hampers efforts to get on with action. 

As for other redistribution schemes, Canada has many already. Sure, we could have those for above certain thresholds of wealth, but remember that these wealthy people are the ones best positioned to leave the country and take their money, business, and talent elsewhere.

That's why we need to join a more global approach to tackling tax avoidance. In the meantime and with your what-about-the-Democrats question still in mind.

Tax the Rich is Actually a Popular Bipartisan Stance, Poll Shows

Swing-state voters also like tax hikes on those earning $400,000 and more

The progressive rallying cry of “tax the rich” has morphed into a popular policy stance with voters in the key states that will decide the 2024 election, enjoying support even among those who prefer billionaire Donald Trump, according to the latest Bloomberg News/Morning Consult poll.

Fully 69% of registered voters in seven swing states say they favor higher taxes on billionaires, and they support higher income taxes on people who make more than $400,000 a year by the same margin, a potential boon to Democratic President Joe Biden’s economic agenda if he wins a second term.

Edited by eyeball

6 minutes ago, blackbird said:

No, they invest it in companies and the stock market that creates thousands if not millions of jobs for other people.  If you start tampering with that, like the Commie NDP would do, you will actually destroy jobs because rich people will simple go to some other country and take their investments and money with them.  They will calculate how much they will lose and how much they will save by going elsewhere. 

Yeah we started figuring this out years ago at WEF.  It's why we need to create international networks of cooperation to prevent tax avoidance of the type you're talking about.

15 hours ago, Army Guy said:

PP has already put his climate change plan out there, i posted it here many moons ago...

No he hasn't. I'm betting whatever you posted many moons ago was garbage, probably an opinion from Conrad Black or something.

What evidence is there that PP believes human caused climate change requires action any more than you do?  If he doesn't believe it why bullshit Canada by pretending he does?  Isn't that what you've always hate most about our politicians and governments, they always bullshit everyone? 

All the whining about the price on carbon etc., is futile. You just need a little patience. The Canada 338 polling analysis puts Mr. Poilievre at about 210 seats. That is Diefenbaker / Mulroney territory. In 18 months, he will be appointed Prime Minister and his first act will be to eliminate the price on carbon. He will have to replace it with something else, but the point is, he will have a super majority and he will do what he deems appropriate. The talk of him blowing his lead does not take into account that to screw up that much takes a particular kind of talent. 

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Yeah we started figuring this out years ago at WEF.  It's why we need to create international networks of cooperation to prevent tax avoidance of the type you're talking about.

That is why the WEF and globalism must be opposed.  Globalism will take away everyone's freedom.

On 3/26/2024 at 5:27 AM, ExFlyer said:

As I said earlier, I am form the west and Trudeau Snr turned me off liberals way back when.

As for the immigration thing, that was not his or liberal platform till the past 2 years. He never ran on bringing in the millions of refugees and immigrants. I think even his party was surprised at his actions.

We, the Canadian public. The elections results are clear....enough Canadians voted for him as he has been our PM for 3 terms.

I was watching the news on TV this morning, and they showed that the population of Canada today is now at 41 million people. I believe that just six years ago the population of Canada was just round 36 million people. If this is so, what the hell is going on here? What is with all of this mass immigration going on here in Canada? Here we are being told to cut back on our carbon emissions, but yet the government keeps bringing in millions more people to add more carbon emissions into the air. This whole climate crisis bullshit is just that, bullshit. Anyone who still believes that cow farts and vehicle carbon emissions is the problem, well, they are also full of bullshit themselves. Woke left wing liberal mor0ns are such stupid mor0ns, and the sad part about it is that we have way too many of those woke mor0ns. 👎

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

All the whining about the price on carbon etc., is futile. You just need a little patience. The Canada 338 polling analysis puts Mr. Poilievre at about 210 seats. That is Diefenbaker / Mulroney territory. In 18 months, he will be appointed Prime Minister and his first act will be to eliminate the price on carbon. He will have to replace it with something else, but the point is, he will have a super majority and he will do what he deems appropriate. The talk of him blowing his lead does not take into account that to screw up that much takes a particular kind of talent. 

So your theory is that if something is harming the nation we shouldn't complain, we should  just wait it out quietly.  That's the kind of people you figure we are.

Yeash.

Tell you what - if you don't like it then just shut up - it 18 months the left wing coalition will be thrown out and you won't have to listen to how terrible they are any more.  So stop whining.

1 hour ago, taxme said:

I was watching the news on TV this morning, and they showed that the population of Canada today is now at 41 million people. I believe that just six years ago the population of Canada was just round 36 million people. If this is so, what the hell is going on here? What is with all of this mass immigration going on here in Canada? Here we are being told to cut back on our carbon emissions, but yet the government keeps bringing in millions more people to add more carbon emissions into the air. This whole climate crisis bullshit is just that, bullshit. Anyone who still believes that cow farts and vehicle carbon emissions is the problem, well, they are also full of bullshit themselves. Woke left wing liberal mor0ns are such stupid mor0ns, and the sad part about it is that we have way too many of those woke mor0ns. 👎

I fully understand what you say an dam in agreement with it all.

What I said is quite correct though. Trudeau never ran with his immigration policy= he did that (with the assistance of his cabinet , his MP's, NDP and Bloc).

Carbon tax is a big deal right now that adds to our cost of living in all areas.

I will not agree that the "woke left wing liberal m0r0ns"  (not understanding what that means or if that tags every person other than conservatives) are the ones to blame. I believe it is a very small group in power (as well as those that bathe in the effervescent power tail) and have run rampant with it. 

Canadians, as a whole understand the damage done with carbon tax and immigration (amongst other things. I truly hope it backfires but, prepare for 18 more months of it.

Your post and my response should be in another thread.

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

That is why the WEF and globalism must be opposed.  Globalism will take away everyone's freedom.

Meanwhile under globalization, the number of human beings living under the thumbs dictators is rising.

70% OF THE GLOBAL POPULATION LIVE UNDER A DICTATORSHIP

https://adigaskell.org/2022/06/28/70-of-the-global-population-live-under-a-dictatorship/

3 hours ago, blackbird said:

Globalism is the only reason you are wearing what you are wearing and eating fruit in the winter and able to get  gifts for your friends.

Without globalism you could not afford only Canadian made clothing and you would be eating very limited greenhouse veggies and gifts, well, craft show stuff LOL

Edited by ExFlyer

21 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Meanwhile under globalization, the number of human beings living under the thumbs dictators is rising.

70% OF THE GLOBAL POPULATION LIVE UNDER A DICTATORSHIP

https://adigaskell.org/2022/06/28/70-of-the-global-population-live-under-a-dictatorship/

We know that.  What does that prove?  Globalization does not make people free.  They just fall under a different dictator.

3 minutes ago, blackbird said:

We know that.  What does that prove?  Globalization does not make people free.  They just fall under a different dictator.

Then how can you even claim globalization has anything to do with anything?? LOL

Do a little research  (other than the bible) before you post nonsense LOL

4 hours ago, CdnFox said:

So your theory is that if something is harming the nation we shouldn't complain, we should  just wait it out quietly.  That's the kind of people you figure we are.

Yeash.

Tell you what - if you don't like it then just shut up - it 18 months the left wing coalition will be thrown out and you won't have to listen to how terrible they are any more.  So stop whining.

No, what I expect is that those who believe the Liberals are harming the nation need to get thee to the campaign office and start working to elect a Member of Parliament who will oppose those policies they see as harmful. From everything you have said, I presume you are already out there, but for those who aren't, that is a better strategy than complaining on the internet.