Poilievre plans to move non-confidence motion in Trudeau, despite Liberal-NDP deal

6 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

It is refreshing to see such niave innocence. Reform was the creation of Preston Manning, a sacred. Who was his political hero? Was it Sir John A., the father of the Conservative Party? No, his hero was the American President Lincoln, a republican and an enemy of Canada. But that is all history. 

The average person would have to suffer at least 2 concussions to buy into that nonsense. You're saying he didn't like John A? I know for a fact that's not true.

My hope is that when Mr. Poilievre is appointed, he will curtail immigration and repeal the restriction on the sale and transfer of hand guns. As it stands now, I will likely be voting for my CPC MP. He is an excellent Member. 

Mr. Poilevre gives out a lot of mixed messages. He has been in cabinet and so must understand the pressures he is going to have to deal with.  He is giving the impression that he will reduce the deficit and taxes at the same time. That is a contradiction. Reducing red tape is a great sound bite, but those rules were put in to prevent wasting money. They are talking about reducing red tape to get more housing built. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't buy a new house built in a rush with reduced regulations. I remember the leaky condos in the lower mainland. 

Sure you do.

The war is not going to go away and the aftermath of the pandemic will be with us for a while longer. Healthcare and education are both under funded. I won't even mention the funding of DND. 

The damage is generational.  Trudeau has done damage that will take many decades to unwind.  But - things can start to get better anyway. As long as we stop voting liberal.

The problem regarding "affordability" is a mystery to me. During the lockdown, a lot of people found their savings growing. They had nothing to spend their surplus money on with everything shut down. A lot of people suffered as well, but what happened to those savings?

Inflation.

Justin spiked the hell out of inflation with his policies, fiscal and immigration.  If you have 100 dollars in the bank and then the costs of everything triples then it's no different than having 33 dollars in the bank instead.

People foolishly believed justin and the boc when they lied to canaidans and said there would be no inflation and then 'inflation is transitory, no bigge' and spent much of their savings. THEN - the price of everything went sky high AND their savings were gone.

Pierre is facing quite a dilemma. His error in saying the carbon tax is costly to average Canadians and the incorrect message that it is not effective, means he will have to replace it regardless of the negative impact.

HIs message is correct. And no- he doesn't have to replace it. He'll probably do something but he doesn't have to. People are worried about being able to eat right now.

As Scott Moe said last week, while he is against the carbon tax, all the alteratives are much more expensive.

The alternative is nothing and that's probably what will happen, which incidentally will be every bit as effective in real terms as what we're doing now.

Either PP will have to raise taxes or cut services. He will likely have to do both if he wants to reduce the deficit. No matter what does, he is going to lose support. The more he does, the faster his support will melt away.

He will cut services like the cbc.  Core services will remain. then he will allow attrition to reduce the civil service while improving it's efficency with automation.  This is simple stuff - trudeau has screwed up so badly he makes it look easy.

My advise to Pierre is, to relish his position as Opposition Leader because it is all down hill the moment he is appointed. 

You're a dishonest political actor who votes liberal, and your people have already destroyed the country. NOBODY cares what your advice is. Sit back and watch the pros and learn something

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

The average person would have to suffer at least 2 concussions to buy into that nonsense. You're saying he didn't like John A? I know for a fact that's not true.

You lied  are incorrect. I did not say Manning did not like MacDonald. I said his political idol is Abraham Lincoln. (Faultlines: Struggling for a Canadian Vision Hardcover – Jan. 1 1993 by  Jeffrey Simpson  (Author), Harpercollins.)

14 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

You're a dishonest political actor who votes liberal, and your people have already destroyed the country.

Okay. There you are lying in your teeth. 😁

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

The United Nations gave that land to the Israelis. Blame the UN. They should have placed Israel in Oregon, not Palestine. The alternative could be for the UN to move Palistine to Oregon. 

UN never told them to take the houses of palestinians, they stole it and expelled them.

Edited by Gaétan

11 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

UN never told them to take the houses of palestinians, they stole it and expelled them.

I have heard a number of different versions but I can't refute what you say. I do believe the establishment of Israel in the middle of Palestine was a mistake.

But would you agree with the idea that Israel should be moved? I suggested Oregon because the climate is vaguely similar. I wonder if moving Palestine to Oregon might be better because the climate in the eastern Mediterranean is deteriorating. Which ever country were to move, they would thrive.

The Americans might be ticked off, but it could be viewed as Karma. They never seemed to have a problem with doing it to  the Palestinians. 

We have to let this one go to a different thread, though. It is off the thread topic.

Cheers.

Edited by Queenmandy85

5 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I have heard a number of different versions but I can't refute what you say. I do believe the establishment of Israel in the middle of Palistine was a mistake.

But would you agree with the idea that Israel should be moved. I suggested Oregon because the climate is vaguely similar. I wonder if moving Palistine to Oregon might be better because the climate in the eastern Mediterranean is deteriorating. Which ever country were to move, they would thrive.

The Americans might be ticked off, but it could be viewed as Karma. They never seemed to have a problem with doing it to  the Palestinians. 

Agree, they did too much bad to stay in Palestine

Edited by Gaétan

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

You lied  are incorrect. I did not say Manning did not like MacDonald. I said his political idol is Abraham Lincoln.

Tis you who are the liar sir.  You specifically said Macdonald was NOT one of his idols.  I know that's not accurate. He may well have liked lincon (don't recall him bringing that up) but he definitely looked up to macdonald.

But - lies are what we expect from libs. so no shock.

This should jog your memory. When asked by Simpson who his hero was, Preston Manning said President Lincoln. 

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

He may well have liked lincon (don't recall him bringing that up)

Faultlines: Struggling for a Canadian Vision Hardcover – Jan. 1 1993 by  Jeffrey Simpson  (Author), Harpercollins.

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

When asked by Simpson who his hero was, Preston Manning said President Lincoln. 

That his hero now - not his idol. My your story changes.  Sounds to me like you're not being honest - lets look it up :)

Faultlines: Struggling for a Canadian Vision Hardcover – Jan. 1 1993 by  Jeffrey Simpson  (Author), Harpercollins.

A search of that book only comes up with this reference to lincoln and manning  on page 138 - 139

" Manning sees forces at work in Canada not dissimilar from those that tore the united states asunder and forced it into a new political shape. Preston manning is no Abraham Lincoln."

I can't find anywhere that anyone says Manning claims Abe was his 'hero'. He's never quoted saying that.

The AUTHOR says at one point on page 138 that "hIs rhetoric, consciously or otherwise, is sometimes borrowed from one of his heroes Abraham Lincoln."  But Manning never actually says that Lincoln was his hero nor does the author claim why he said that.

Further  "ONE OF his heros."  Not his biggest hero or his only hero or even that he doesnt' see John A as more of a hero.  He didn't actually even say 'hero'.

Oh look.  The leftie lied again. Let me guess - you didn't think i'd look it up did you.   It's bad enough you're a liar, you're also a lazy liar and assume others are lazy too.

4 hours ago, CdnFox said:

one of his heroes Abraham Lincoln.

There it is. Abraham Lincoln, an enemy of Canada's ally and a republican. We do have some republicans in Canada. John Manly, a Liberal, and Lorne Nystrom of the NDP come to mind. But republicanism is the antithesis of Conservatism. 

Fortunately,as I said previously, Pierre shows signs of actual conservatism and loyalty.  He is no Preston Manning and that is a credit to him. Manning was a loser and Poilievre is a winner.

I am not sure why you feel so threatened that you have to resort to lies and slander. Mr. Poilievre is going to be appointed Prime Minister very soon, so don't get your knickers in a knot. 

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

There it is.

No isn't. You lied about that - the book never quoted him as saying that.  The AUTHOR personally THINKSit he was ONE of his heros without saying why he thinks that and without quoting him.

Just like you actually. No quotes like you said, just you think that's the case

And  they're clear that he felt that what america faced during that time was similar to what canada faced at the time in some ways.

I doubt very much that he was his 'hero' in the slightest. I suspect like you the author projects that on him because the liked how he handled a SPECIFIC circumstance similar to those which preston now found himself in - and there's nothing there to suggest he didn't hold John a in even higher regard.

So everything you claimed turned out to be false despite your assurances.  Which means you're either lying to me for your own agenda or you lie to yourself. 

I swear - with you lefties its like you don't even know how to tell the truth.

Given that - can you tell me why your opinion should hold any weight?

I am not sure why you feel so threatened that you have to resort to lies and slander

Pot meet kettle.

As usual - First thing you lefties do is accuse others of what you're doing yourself.

PP will most likely be ELECTED by the people to replace your scumbag party and it's scumbag leader. And hopefully a generation of kids will realize that if you vote woke the country goes broke and they won't do it again.

Edited by CdnFox

15 hours ago, Gaétan said:

The UN gave the Jews Israel...lock, stock and barrel. The land and everything on it.

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

The UN gave the Jews Israel...lock, stock and barrel. The land and everything on it.

All Poilievre's supporters are doing here is lying like their leader. Poilievre is Trudeau in worse.

Edited by Gaétan

24 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

All Poilievre's supporters are doing here is lying like their leader. Poilievre is Trudeau in worse.

Not a fan of either man but I disagree with you. Trudeau has been in power too long, thinks he is king. PP is just saying what people want to hear, he can say anything because he is under no obligation to keep his promises..

This is a phenomenon that happens to all PM's after 2 terms.

PP will be different, for the first term anyway, after that, we can only imagine.

16 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Not a fan of either man but I disagree with you. Trudeau has been in power too long, thinks he is king. PP is just saying what people want to hear, he can say anything because he is under no obligation to keep his promises..

This is a phenomenon that happens to all PM's after 2 terms.

PP will be different, for the first term anyway, after that, we can only imagine.

People don't have money because we get robbed by banks and corporations and during their existence the Conservatives have always supported them and the Liberals have done the same thing, it's time for real change if you want to save for retirement or buy a house.

That's why people don't have money:

Harper's corporate tax cuts disastrous for Canadians, says NAPE President | NUPGE Archives

"These tax cuts are not new. Since 2006 the federal government has created $60 billion in tax savings for Canadian corporations. Instead of reducing corporate taxes further we should be demanding more from such profitable entities as banks and oil companies. Corporations don’t need the phasing in of a further income tax cut to the tune of an additional $10.4 billion in 2010-2012," she argues.

29 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

People don't have money because we get robbed by banks and corporations and during their existence the Conservatives have always supported them and the Liberals have done the same thing, it's time for real change if you want to save for retirement or buy a house.

That's why people don't have money:

Harper's corporate tax cuts disastrous for Canadians, says NAPE President | NUPGE Archives

"These tax cuts are not new. Since 2006 the federal government has created $60 billion in tax savings for Canadian corporations. Instead of reducing corporate taxes further we should be demanding more from such profitable entities as banks and oil companies. Corporations don’t need the phasing in of a further income tax cut to the tune of an additional $10.4 billion in 2010-2012," she argues.

Have no clue what you are trying to convey.

You just seem anti everything LOL

23 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Liberal voters tolerate corruption and out and out lies. In fact they demand it.

But Conservative voters don't tolerate that at all.  They have and will wipe their own party off the face of the political map rather than tolerate it.

And vote Liberals in instead. LMAO!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

And vote Liberals in instead. LMAO!

Well they didn't of course - the libs actually lost the popular vote.  Forgot that did you :)  But there's enough seats in ontario where the tolerance of corruption is strong and the libs have sway that they managed to form gov't with the help of the ndp.

T'werent the conservatives who voted them in :)   But i do love your little LMAO of surrender :)  

14 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

the libs actually lost the popular vote. 

And Conservatives actually lost the PMO.

Like I've been saying, when it's obvious that PP is as useless as Trudeau halfway thru his 1st term it'll be all over but the whining.

Hopefully when the pendulum roars past him it'll swing straight by the Liberals and we can finally get a real left - wing government in Ottawa.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Like I've been saying, when it's obvious that PP is as useless as Trudeau halfway thru his 1st term it'll be all over but the whining.

Hopefully when the pendulum roars past him it'll swing straight by the Liberals and we can finally get a real left - wing government in Ottawa.

Ha yes typical. Why would you want more Ray Days, this time at the federal level. Be careful what you wish for.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Legato said:

Why would you want more Ray Days, this time at the federal level.

The Green Party - mostly because they're on the appropriate side of history instead of being ideologically hard-boiled.

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

The Green Party - mostly because they're on the appropriate side of history instead of being ideologically hard-boiled.

The Green party is not "ideologically hard-boiled."???

That is a laugh, they are as much a one trick party as the Bloc is quebec only LOL

"Supporters of green politics share many ideas with the conservation, environmental, feminist and peace movements. In addition to democracy and ecological issues, green politics is concerned with civil liberties, social justice, nonviolence, sometimes variants of localism and tends to support social progressivism."  

Sounds like liberals in a Grinch suit LOL

Edited by ExFlyer

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

Ahem...can you say income trusts?

Sure.  He intended to keep them - got in, realized why that was  a bad idea and said "can't - sorry that's my screw up"

As i said above - not a lie, just incompetence.  Somewhat normal for pm's who've never served in the actual gov't before - they make a mistakes. Harper had experinece as opposition and with gov't in general but never with being in power other than briefly as an aide during mulroney's time.

It happens.  He screwed up.  he appologied publically. he learned and he did better moving forward. THAT is leadership - nobody is perfect.

Whereas justin just out and out lies and tries to corruptly influence the courts for his buddies :)   You see the difference.

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

Sure. well everyone did  actualy - the libs just lost less badly than others :)   and the ndp decided to prop them up  otherwise the libs would have already faced another election by now and probably would be out on their ass.

But it was still the lib supporters who gave him even that much victory, not the conservatives as you said :)   Swing and a miss big guy :)