F U Bell: CTV News Vancouver GONE

38 minutes ago, suds said:

It's my understanding that only 'local' television content has been cancelled in some areas, and that the radio stations dropped by Bell have already been sold or are in the process of being sold to much smaller (independent I presume) media outlets. Why is a media giant (monopoly) selling off some of its acquisitions such a bad idea?

You are correct.

I m not rreally concerned about the radio station but, the local news is important to many people.

I am in Ontario and getting Toronto news is useless to me.

It is a bad thing because now, local news is gone.

23 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

The thing about news is that we don't have time to do our own research on so many things.  So a trusted service needs to provide that.  Will they match my ideology ?  No.  But with any system you lose something from the whole.  If they use professionals than any discrepancies shouldn't be significant.

Is your beloved CBC trustworthy anymore?  I don't think so.  Blatant Liberal bias. The public is on to them now as the drop in listeners/watchers attest.  Over produced, over priced, with a diminishing clientele . . . . a government success story.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Is your beloved CBC trustworthy anymore?  I don't think so.  Blatant Liberal bias. The public is on to them now as the drop in listeners/watchers attest.  Over produced, over priced, with a diminishing clientele . . . . a government success story.

The bias is REALLY bad but they've moved on from that to overt activism. Case in point, the alberta election interference i mentioned above

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nefarious Banana said:

CBC is poor quality, that's a given . . . anything 'alternative' is worse in your left wing perspective?  Do your own research and conclusions. You seem to be content with the Liberal message from CBC.  Carry on . . .

Nice deflection attempt.

"You did not answer the question...again

"your Canadian alternative on TV and radio is what??

Some obscure online website??""

Where do you get your info to form an opinion and come on here to whine about?? Clearly not CBC and now, not CTV either.

1 hour ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Not CTV for one.

But anyway, it doesn't matter, even if you watch trash news, you will still get a glimpse of truth once and there. That's why you shouldn't have just one source of news, especially just local news.

You too, still not answering the question.
Where do you get your info so you can complain and whine? Not CBC and now not CTV.  It does matter because if you just get unverified information you become just another cdnfox or westconman.

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

Simple.   CBC and the internet news sites.

CBC???? The one you complain about being biased and unreliable and internet sites that have no respect or validity??

Just now, ExFlyer said:

Where do you get your info so you can complain and whine? Not CBC and now not CTV.  It does matter because if you just get unverified information you become just another cdnfox or westconman.

For gods sake man the question was answered - there's still LOTS of major media including national post, global news, and tonnes of other media outlets including many owned by bell.  

And there's nothing wrong with smaller papers like the tyee or true north.

You're pretending there will suddenly be no news available in canada and that's just not the case.

5 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Who ever claimed CBC is "beloved"?

Thing is, if the local news is gone, who else do you have to see the videos of what is going on in your town? Complain all you want but, you only have the CBC left LOL

2 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Nice deflection attempt.

"You did not answer the question...again

"your Canadian alternative on TV and radio is what??

Some obscure online website??""

Where do you get your info to form an opinion and come on here to whine about?? Clearly not CBC and now, not CTV either.

Deflection?  Whine?  . . .  do your own research on quality news sources.  There are quite a few to choose from, and your whining is becoming tiresome . . . . 

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

I don't think you should be taken as an example of a member with great knowledge and that be insulting those two.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

1. There is no such thing in this day and age as a 'trusted' news source.

1. And so is it impossible to imagine one ?  What do you think ?

1 hour ago, Nefarious Banana said:

You are talking past me.

I know you just want to complain about CBC over and over on this thread, as if anyone would be shocked or surprised by that, but read this: I'm not defending the CBC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Deflection?  Whine?  . . .  do your own research on quality news sources.  There are quite a few to choose from, and your whining is becoming tiresome . . . . 

Local...local...local. It is local news that is losing.

Still cannot answer the question but, I am not surprised coming from the complainer with no solutions.

The whining is all from you....all the time. Boo Hoo sucks to be you LOL

Edited by ExFlyer

1 hour ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

I don't think you should be taken as an example of a member with great knowledge and that be insulting those two.

Hey keybeccor, look at the topic title "CTV News Vancouver GONE"

You have been asked a question and typical of keybekers, you cannot come up with answers, only deflections.

And yes, this is an insult aimed directly at you.

31 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. And so is it impossible to imagine one ?  What do you think ?

You are talking past me.

I know you just want to complain about CBC over and over on this thread, as if anyone would be shocked or surprised by that, but read this: I'm not defending the CBC.

The barnana does not gi]et the topic is about CTV and Bell but he, no one ever said he comprehend anything LOL

6 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Hey keybeccor, look at the topic title "CTV News Vancouver GONE"

You have been asked a question and typical of keybekers, you cannot come up with answers, only deflections.

And yes, this is an insult aimed directly at you.

That's the level you're at.

CTV level.

Keep showing us your great erudition. It's kind of a comedy.

Asides from these right wing parrots claiming CTV is "biased", gutting local relevance from the schedule is the worst way to 'cut costs' and denying it to entire provinces is abhorrent.

Like DO TELL ME what was 'biased' on CTV Vancouver, the fact they cheered the Canucks and Lions over the Leafs and Argos? Leftist traffic, weather and traffic reports? That they don't report Poilievre's messages unless he's in or speaking about BC? That they do report Trudeau speaking in or about BC without belittling everything? You dolts have zero knowledge or even know what "news" is.

I always preferred watching the 11:00 world coverage and then the 11:30 local coverage on CTV (two entirely different things) as CBC has more detailed coverage of far fewer subjects in the same time, and theirs is too early. Global mixes everything together and has too much sports reporting.
You too can do hear the news if you're even capable of ignoring or recognizing news from editorial content. Which CTV even makes a point of declaring what is opinion for the sake of the extremely thick viewers.

Maybe CITY can round up the funds to take on some of the let go CTV staff.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, herbie said:

Asides from these right wing parrots claiming CTV is "biased", gutting local relevance from the schedule is the worst way to 'cut costs' and denying it to entire provinces is abhorrent.

Well you should start up your own media company then herbie, seeing as you know how to do it profitably ;)

Like DO TELL ME what was 'biased' on CTV Vancouver,

Their newstories

I always preferred watching the 11:00 world coverage and then the 11:30 local coverage on CTV (two entirely different things) as CBC has more detailed coverage of far fewer subjects in the same time, and theirs is too early. Global mixes everything together and has too much sports reporting.

Nobody gives a shit about you or what you wanted to watch.  This is what you don't seem to understand.

Bell is a private company. If they can't justify the costs of a local news desk that's their business. Guess it didn't appeal to enough people.

The cbc is garbage and good riddance.  If they can make it without public money that's good for them but we're done shovelling out billinos in tax payer dollars to fund

11 minutes ago, herbie said:

Calling it biased, and then citing in another thread shortly thereafter!Â Â đŸ¤£

This guy is a living, breathing self-memer.  

7 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Calling it biased, and then citing in another thread shortly thereafter!Â Â đŸ¤£

This guy is a living, breathing self-memer.  

ummm - that story is from the canadian press,  not CTV news.  CTV and global and a bunch of other places posted the same story. That's not CTV content.

LOLOL - i can just picture you typing away thinking 'Ha - i've finally got him"  before reading this and realizing you screwed up yet again :)   holy shit that's funny :)  

Edited by CdnFox

48 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

That's the level you're at.

CTV level.

Keep showing us your great erudition. It's kind of a comedy.

Sorry, in a bad mood and your indecisive and constant deflection rubbed me the wrong way.

Oh, and you still cannot answer the question.

17 hours ago, herbie said:

Been  a follower of CTV since it came on the air in 1962? 1963?

đŸ¤£Â 

IQ test failed!

and used to go to the studios for rassling 

If you just admit to being a flat-earther now, we'll call it the trifecta. 

6 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Winston Churchill said

"Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried"

So find us another medium...

Winston Churchill would of course assert that all of Canada's institutions, public & private, have been overrun

by Marxist-Leninist Bolshevik traitors

thus the inevitable counterrevolution will not be televised

the treasonous government & corporate elites will simply be dragged out of their ivory towers, without warning

by a desperate population enraged at the total collapse of their civilization in progress

sic semper tyrannis

23 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Looks like Bell is pretty much conceding the local news market to Global and CBC. W5 also gone after 58 years, longer  running than 60 Minutes in the US. Just another entertainment network that doesn't contribute much of anything to society.

Well there are local media companies too of course, and they'll still be around.

10 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Winston Churchill would of course assert that all of Canada's institutions, public & private, have been overrun

by Marxist-Leninist Bolshevik traitors

thus the inevitable counterrevolution will not be televised

the treasonous government & corporate elites will simply be dragged out of their ivory towers, without warning

by a desperate population enraged at the total collapse of their civilization in progress

sic semper tyrannis

Would he? Churchill was an advocate for some major social changes in the UK.

Winston Churchill ranks as one of the founders of the welfare state. With Herbert Asquith and David Lloyd George, he was the principal driving force behind the Liberal Party's welfare reforms of 1908–1911. At the Board of Trade, he pioneered measures to reduce poverty and unemployment through state intervention in the labour market. In 1909, he toured Britain campaigning for the ‘People's Budget’ and its radical proposals for the taxation of wealth. At the Home Office, his penal reforms as well as his measures to improve working conditions in shops and coal-mines were reflections of a continuing drive for social reform that was cut short by his transfer, in 1911, to the Admiralty. In the course of a lifetime in party politics, Churchill often touched on social questions, and there were other phases of his career in which he bore some responsibility for the development of social policy.