As Kids, They Thought They Were Trans. They No Longer Do. (or why it's ok for parents to question)

28 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Seeing is how all of that doesn't have anything to do with the OP, you could just stop weaving it I guess šŸ¤”

Seeing as you have nothing to say on the matter and nobody givesĀ  a crap about your opinion as to what we should or should not be talking about,Ā  you could shut the eff up and try and think of something useful to add instead of lecturing to others.

Sometimes i think that stick up your ass has a stick up its ass.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Seeing as you have nothing to say on the matter and nobody givesĀ  a crap about your opinion as to what we should or should not be talking about,Ā  you could shut the eff up and try and think of something useful to add instead of lecturing to others.

Sometimes i think that stick up your ass has a stick up its ass.

Triggered.

Anyway, here's your chance to bypass my ignore list today and write one thing relevant to the OP.

Ā 

How about it?

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

Triggered.

Stupidity can do that sometimes :) Ā 

Ā 

Anyway, here's your chance to bypass my ignore list today and write one thing relevant to the OP.

I would have to take a two week sensitivity course to care even a little about your ignore list :)Ā  The fact you stick your head in the sand when you hear things you don't like doesnt' really affect me much. So your call.

I have said MANY things relevant to the op in this thread, including the op. Was there something specific you wanted to talk about?

• Like 1

Just now, GroundskeeperWillie said:

CdnFox is on your ignore list?Ā  Lol he must have really hurt your feelings.

There's quite a few of us. Anyone that questions his pompous know it all attitude gets put on ignore. One could call it a rather cowardly stance.

Just now, GroundskeeperWillie said:

I don't see anything wrong with what CdnFox says.Ā  I have read several of his posts and they are all very reasonable and on point.

Sorry should have been more precise. My comment was about Michael.

CdnFox is one of the good guys.

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Well I question it, almost dailyĀ 

How many people on your list admit mistakes, strive to be corrected, and engage with people who disagree with them?

As opposed to people who flop in and start trolling.Ā  I've been here 20 years... The average troll lasts about 2 max.

Edited by Michael Hardner

1 hour ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

CdnFox is on your ignore list?Ā  Lol he must have really hurt your feelings.

LOL - i'm not here to be nice to the dumber people.Ā  :)

But he talks to me an aweful lot for soemone who has me ignored.Ā Ā  Either way is fine with me :) Ā 

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Well I question it, almost daily and I am not on the ignore list.

Sometimes I wish I was though...

;)Ā 

He's got to have at least ONE token sane person to talk toĀ  :)Ā 

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

You're playing rubber and glue, as you so often like to do.

No, i'm just pointing out that you blame other people for your own failings.Ā  As you often like to do. :)Ā Ā  It's very liberal, quite well suited to you. '

The federal Liberals are on the wrong side of this issue:

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/opinions/joseph-facal

Le vent change de direction. Ā 

La premiĆØre ministre de lā€™Alberta, Danielle Smith, veut que les opĆ©rations chirurgicales pour changer de sexe ne soient pas possibles avant 18 ans.

Horreur! Crime contre lā€™humanitĆ©! Vite, quā€™on alerte lā€™ONU, ce monument de crĆ©dibilitĆ©!Ā 

Adolescence...an amazingly confusing time for kids. And these Tweenkies prey on them. Fill their heads with even more doubt and confusion. They're vulchers...these sick fcks.Ā 

Just one day...one day of anarchy. Is that too much to ask?

2 hours ago, August1991 said:

Ā Le vent change de direction. Ā 

There are many winds blowing.Ā  The political trends often blow north from the US.Ā  But those are temporal.

The big wind is the wind of demographics.Ā  As with gay marriage, the opposition dies out and you are left with the prevailing opinions of youth.Ā  And they don't care, either about the issue or whether you make fun of it.Ā Ā 

They care about things that the battling boomers don't care about: getting a job.

10 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

There are many winds blowing.Ā  The political trends often blow north from the US.Ā  But those are temporal.

The big wind is the wind of demographics.Ā  As with gay marriage, the opposition dies out and you are left with the prevailing opinions of youth.Ā  And they don't care, either about the issue or whether you make fun of it.Ā Ā 

They care about things that the battling boomers don't care about: getting a job.

Well that's bullshit...or chickenshit as the case may be.Ā 

My kids are all in their 20s. We've always allowed them to have friends over. None of them think this tranny crap is "good". NONE OF THEM!

You like to make unsubstantiated claims. But my kids work. Two of them work And attend school.

Young adults are beginning to realize how truly insane the Libbies are.

Edited by Nationalist
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

1. My kids are all in their 20s. We've always allowed them to have friends over. None of them think this tranny crap is "good". NONE OF THEM!

2. You like to make unsubstantiated claims.Ā Ā 

3. Young adults are beginning to realize how truly insane the Libbies are.

1. You implied in 2. that 'unsubstantiated' claims aren't valid.Ā  What you are doing is indeed substantiating a claim, which is good.Ā  But you are doing it based on your own experiences, which doesn't give an overall view of the situation.
2. I didn't expect that my claim would be challenged, fair enough.Ā  So I took a look at my claim and used PEW to see if it was correct.Ā  This is the important thing: I admit that I wasn't sure of my claim, and so when you challenged it I went to PEW to look.
3. The result of PEW polling from just under two years ago shows that indeed support for being more "accepting" of transgender increases by 50% as you poll people from 65+ down to their 20s or so.

https://www.pewresearch.org/social-trends/2022/06/28/americans-complex-views-on-gender-identity-and-transgender-issues/

4 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Well that's bullshit...or chickenshit as the case may be.Ā 

My kids are all in their 20s. We've always allowed them to have friends over. None of them think this tranny crap is "good". NONE OF THEM!

You like to make unsubstantiated claims. But my kids work. Two of them work And attend school.

Young adults are beginning to realize how truly insane the Libbies are.

It seems that much conservative fervour is coming from the youth now. Ā Theyā€™re reacting to the irresponsibility of political elites who seem to go out of their way to alienate the majority of people who want to have a decent job, buy a home, and start a family. Ā Young people crave good guidance, but all they seem to get is reckless attacks on family, the meritocracy, and healthy role models. Ā The cost of living and taxes rise along with the prevalence of sketchy overbearing policies that pit identity groups against each other and sow confusion.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

It seems that much conservative fervour is coming from the youth now. Ā Theyā€™re reacting to the irresponsibility of political elites who seem to go out of their way to alienate the majority of people who want to have a decent job, buy a home, and start a family. Ā Young people crave good guidance, but all they seem to get is reckless attacks on family, the meritocracy, and healthy role models. Ā The cost of living and taxes rise along with the prevalence of sketchy overbearing policies that pit identity groups against each other and sow confusion.

This "tracks" as they say.Ā  But I don't know if you can critique them from the moral sphere of the elderly/wise.

I mean, I would LIKE to.Ā  But a wise man I listened to on a podcast reiterated a point that's hard for me to dispute and to resolve also: we don't know "anything" about the general Zeitgeist.

5 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

I see it more like am helping him to find his conservative identity.Ā 

-Grooming him- if you will.

;)Ā 

I hope you were in an elevator when you wrote that because it's hilarious on so many levels.....

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

This "tracks" as they say.Ā  But I don't know if you can critique them from the moral sphere of the elderly/wise.

I mean, I would LIKE to.Ā  But a wise man I listened to on a podcast reiterated a point that's hard for me to dispute and to resolve also: we don't know "anything" about the general Zeitgeist.

There are important reasons for hierarchies: Novices learn their trade through gaining knowledge, experience, and wisdom. Ā Itā€™s in the interests of the novice to learn from the master. Ā In parenting itā€™s an essential part of human development called transference. Ā When knowledge and wisdom arenā€™t passed down and the necessary experience isnā€™t acquired, the social fabric of any organization and the wider society breaks down.

Parents have to parent. Ā Leaders need to lead. Ā Ducking responsibility and refusing to require whatā€™s necessary of people sets them up for failure. Ā It destroys organizations. This is why the universities and schools canā€™t let ā€œstudent voiceā€ play a large role in the operation and education process. The same applies in the workplace. Otherwise you lose your meritocracy and good and wise people are rail-roaded by the callow and ignorant. This is definitely happening in Canada.

Edited by Zeitgeist

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

1. There are important reasons for hierarchies: Novices learn their trade through gaining knowledge, experience, and wisdom. Ā Itā€™s in the interests of the novice to learn from the master. Ā In parenting itā€™s an essential part of human development called transference. Ā When knowledge and wisdom arenā€™t passed down and the necessary experience isnā€™t acquired, the social fabric of any organization and the wider society breaks down.

2. This is why the universities and schools canā€™t let ā€œstudent voiceā€ play a large role in the operation and education process. Ā 

3.Ā The same applies in the workplace. Ā Otherwise you lose your meritocracy and good and wise people are rail-roared by the callow and ignorant. Ā This is definitely happening in Canada.

1. Yes, but the winds of change are taken up by youth also.Ā Ā 

So I'm not disagreeing with you, but I am adding to it.Ā  Think of the idea of the 'student protest'.Ā  In China in 1989, in Indonesia in the 2000s and ongoing in Iran you have students who are looking at the status quo and saying no.Ā  A bit of a counterpoint there and I'm not saying it's applicable to this topic at all.

2. Ok, almost like we anticipated each other here.Ā  Good.

3. The answer to something like that is probably addressed by the thinking that the Philosopher Hegel came up with... which others have characterized as 'thesis' 'antithesis' 'synthesis'... so there's reality, a theory of how things should be... followed by a process where a new reality comes up.

So when it comes to women in the workplace, for example, we're still in a 50-year process of integrating the sexes that is maybe... maybe just coming to a close now.Ā  Some of the things that we're doing now weren't part of it at the start, and some things from the start have been dropped...

10 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Yes, but the winds of change are taken up by youth also.Ā Ā 

So I'm not disagreeing with you, but I am adding to it.Ā  Think of the idea of the 'student protest'.Ā  In China in 1989, in Indonesia in the 2000s and ongoing in Iran you have students who are looking at the status quo and saying no.Ā  A bit of a counterpoint there and I'm not saying it's applicable to this topic at all.

2. Ok, almost like we anticipated each other here.Ā  Good.

3. The answer to something like that is probably addressed by the thinking that the Philosopher Hegel came up with... which others have characterized as 'thesis' 'antithesis' 'synthesis'... so there's reality, a theory of how things should be... followed by a process where a new reality comes up.

So when it comes to women in the workplace, for example, we're still in a 50-year process of integrating the sexes that is maybe... maybe just coming to a close now.Ā  Some of the things that we're doing now weren't part of it at the start, and some things from the start have been dropped...

I think the single biggest challenge today is the kowtowing to radical interests. Ā The interests of the vast majority, everyone really, get lost. Ā There are tax dollars funding special interests that are undermining the hard work of raising kids. Our leaders are so scared of bad press or blog commentary that they go along to get along. Ā Itā€™s a failure of leadership.